Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,038 members, 7,799,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo (23244 Views)

EFCC Arrests 8 For Producing, Selling Adulterated Fertilizer (Photos) / Court Remands Four Businessmen In Prison For Producing Fake Engine Oil / Man Arrested For Producing, Distributing Fake Alcoholic Drinks In Lagos. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by nairafamedotcom: 9:56am On Oct 09, 2018
IT CANNOT KILL! I also drink it, man arrested for producing adulterated fruit wine tells police

The Lagos State Police Command have arrested a 32-year-old man for allegedly producing adulterated fruit wine.

Ifeanyi Udeh was arrested by policemen on a stop-and-search duty in Agbowa, in the Ikorodu area of the state.

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohimi, said on Monday that Udeh confessed to producing the adulterated drinks when interrogated, adding that such product led to health challenges.

The CP said,

“The policemen went to the suspect’s apartment and recovered 50 cartons of adulterated alcoholic drinks and other category of drinks. Apart from the fact that it is an offence, this is worrisome because of the health implications of the drinks to members of the public.”

Imohimi urged Lagosians to partner the police to ensure that such activities were halted to save lives.

The suspect, Udeh, said he was on his way to search for customers for his wine when he was accosted by operatives of the command.

The father of two, who said he had produced 254 packs of the alleged adulterated wine, added that he had yet to register the product with relevant authorities.

The Enugu state indigene said,

“The fruit wine is my product; the name is Capic, but it is not registered. I will soon get a permit but I don’t have money. I have not supplied anybody yet; this wine cannot kill anybody because I also drink it. This is my first production and I have produced 254 packs so far.

“I don’t have workers; I produced the drink inside the house that I rented in Ikorodu. I plan to sell one pack for N1,000 and one pack contains six bottles of fruit wine.

“I don’t know what to do again; it is just that in Nigeria, if you have brain and you don’t have money, there is nothing you can do. Even if someone advised you to register and you don’t have money, what are you going to do? If I have money, things would not be like this.”

Meanwhile, one Sulaiman Seun, 31, and Olamilekan Olaoluwa, 24, were also arrested for robbing vehicle spare parts dealers on Fashola Estate, in the Sango-Ota area of Ogun State.

The CP said,

“One locally-made pistol, cut-to-size gun, four wheels of a Land Rover, two tyres and two batteries were recovered from the scene of the robbery. Investigation is still ongoing with a view to arresting the other members of the gang for prosecution.”
http://www.nairafame.com/2018/10/it-cannot-kill-i-also-drink-it-man.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 09, 2018
I have to be honest. My SE brothers are probably the most industrious in Africa.

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by hisexcellency34: 11:54am On Oct 09, 2018
This is why Igbos can never rule this country. They will kill all of us

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by peteruuu(m): 11:54am On Oct 09, 2018
Igbo amaka grin

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by franchasng: 11:54am On Oct 09, 2018
This is how China started.

The whole world, including Europe use to mock China for producing fake things but they didn't know they were learning and trying to perfect their skills.

Today, the whole of Europe, America, Canada, Australia, Middleast and Africa rely on China for their daily needs.

All Igbo guys need is the enabling environment and favorable government policies to make business startup capital and investment fund available to them at feasible rate and just a matter of time, they will make Africa and black race proud.

Go to Niger Delta, they have built crude and local functional refineries producing quality petrol and gasoline products that our so called government cannot produce in several decades.

In as much as this is a crime, I want us to look beyond tribe and nepotism and see the creativity in Igbo people and find a way to harness it for our national good.

I know this is impossible, so let me join others and scream: JAIL HIM!! angry

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by AutoSpaNg: 11:55am On Oct 09, 2018
This man should get a license na. how much does it cost to register your product with NAFDAC? people should never have to take any food product that is not legally registered or else we will start having structural problems that would enventually lead to a break down of the system.
Top things you need to know about unlicensed packaged food product producers.
1. sometimes there are situations were by negligence during production toxins are introduced into the product which may lead to the loss of life, when a product is not licensed who will be held accountable for such a disaster?
2. Those of you living in Abuja, FCT that have place value on their vehicle should bring in their vehicle to our Ultra Modern Vehicle Repair Facility for a specialized computer based diagnostics followed by a comprehensive manual diagnostics procedure that would figure out anything at all that is wrong with your vehicle. Now the beauty of our service is that after the diagnostics we recommend actions that must be taken to put the vehicle in order, If you run any of the repairs in our workshop we will return the money you paid for diagnostics back to you in full. We are located at close to Next Cash n Carry Abuja Call Mr Fix it now: 08189742614

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by mickyeddi(m): 11:55am On Oct 09, 2018
Look at the he goat

5 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by sacajawea: 11:55am On Oct 09, 2018
No naaaa, Haba.
Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by Untainted007: 11:55am On Oct 09, 2018
Names Checker Association of Nigeria (NCAN) please take note.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by G1STMORE: 11:55am On Oct 09, 2018
shocked

See How Oyinbo Man & His 6 Groomsmen Prostrated For Parents Of His Yoruba’ Bride >>>

https://gistmore.com/see-oyinbo-man-6-groomsmen-prostrated-parents-yoruba-bride
Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by Bigajeff(m): 11:55am On Oct 09, 2018
so he should produce Adolescentrated instead of Adulterated Abi? hun

4 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by rofanx13: 11:55am On Oct 09, 2018
Earthbound:
I have to be honest. My SE brothers are probably the most industrious in Africa.

Do you sleep at all about south east? Are you sure you're serve is working?
Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by dsauce: 11:55am On Oct 09, 2018
Man must survive, but this is bad sha. Health safety comes first and always.

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by Sirpaul(m): 11:55am On Oct 09, 2018
Ifeanyi Udeh AKA Igbo Amaka

10 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by Kwamecron(m): 11:55am On Oct 09, 2018
Lfc
Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 09, 2018
Na them dey do ahm....its Igbo no other tribe in Nigeria can do such a thing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by foreshore(m): 11:56am On Oct 09, 2018
nairafamedotcom:
IT CANNOT KILL! I also drink it, man arrested for producing adulterated fruit wine tells police

The Lagos State Police Command have arrested a 32-year-old man for allegedly producing adulterated fruit wine.

Ifeanyi Udeh was arrested by policemen on a stop-and-search duty in Agbowa, in the Ikorodu area of the state.

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohimi, said on Monday that Udeh confessed to producing the adulterated drinks when interrogated, adding that such product led to health challenges.

The CP said,

“The policemen went to the suspect’s apartment and recovered 50 cartons of adulterated alcoholic drinks and other category of drinks. Apart from the fact that it is an offence, this is worrisome because of the health implications of the drinks to members of the public.”

Imohimi urged Lagosians to partner the police to ensure that such activities were halted to save lives.

The suspect, Udeh, said he was on his way to search for customers for his wine when he was accosted by operatives of the command.

The father of two, who said he had produced 254 packs of the alleged adulterated wine, added that he had yet to register the product with relevant authorities.

The Enugu state indigene said,

“The fruit wine is my product; the name is Capic, but it is not registered. I will soon get a permit but I don’t have money. I have not supplied anybody yet; this wine cannot kill anybody because I also drink it. This is my first production and I have produced 254 packs so far.

“I don’t have workers; I produced the drink inside the house that I rented in Ikorodu. I plan to sell one pack for N1,000 and one pack contains six bottles of fruit wine.

“I don’t know what to do again; it is just that in Nigeria, if you have brain and you don’t have money, there is nothing you can do. Even if someone advised you to register and you don’t have money, what are you going to do? If I have money, things would not be like this.”

Meanwhile, one Sulaiman Seun, 31, and Olamilekan Olaoluwa, 24, were also arrested for robbing vehicle spare parts dealers on Fashola Estate, in the Sango-Ota area of Ogun State.

The CP said,

“One locally-made pistol, cut-to-size gun, four wheels of a Land Rover, two tyres and two batteries were recovered from the scene of the robbery. Investigation is still ongoing with a view to arresting the other members of the gang for prosecution.”
http://www.nairafame.com/2018/10/it-cannot-kill-i-also-drink-it-man.html

IPOB's doing what they know best!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by emeejinsm: 11:57am On Oct 09, 2018
The guy is only being creative
He just need some financial help to do things rightly
IGBO AMAKA
IGBE IS CREATIVE

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by emeejinsm: 11:57am On Oct 09, 2018
The guy is only being creative
He just need some financial help to do things rightly
IGBO AMAKA
IGBO IS CREATIVE

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by ihatebuhari(f): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2018
Biaffraudd amaka

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by NigerianDiamond(m): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2018
Earthbound:

Shame on you and your brothers whose mindsets is to derive pleasure and gain in the loss of lives of other people. Shame!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by vikkysexy1: 11:59am On Oct 09, 2018
abeg leave the poor man alone jooor

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by lawrence35(m): 11:59am On Oct 09, 2018
This is not funny, we get this always....
Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2018
He was just trying to raise money to feed his family, at the expense of other people's lives. The system (Buhari) is bad... grin
Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by kidman96(m): 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2018
tongue
Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by maxiuc(m): 12:01pm On Oct 09, 2018
Deal with him

I don't support evil

His crime is almost equivalent to that of skull mining

If they fails to hustle genuinely then when you catch them jail them

No time for tribal war what is evil is evil

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by Minjim: 12:01pm On Oct 09, 2018
The man with the fruit wine is just making an honest living

It's not like the wine sector in Nigeria is regulated.

We have ppl marking home made liquid detergent, bleach, yogurt, snacks and the rest.
Who has ever arrested them?
If the liquor is not harmful to health, they should please, free that man.
They shouldn't frustrate him the more. Living in Nigeria is highly frustrating enough

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by RevenGeMission: 12:02pm On Oct 09, 2018
flatinoes at their best

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by okomile(f): 12:02pm On Oct 09, 2018
I buy my wine from stores. Even toiletries.

I usually buy from a store (don't want to mention name as am not advertising for them). One day, the bagon insecticide finished and I bought from the street. From the smell which is bad, I knew that it is fake. I threw it away.

Nigerians are pushed to the wall and want to make ends meet.

The suffering is much. God will save us

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by atobs4real(m): 12:02pm On Oct 09, 2018
Earthbound:
Mad people everywhere.
Where man go pass to avoid oil leakage?

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Producing Adulterated Fruit Wine. Photo by ipobarecriminals: 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2018
wink grin shocked sad grin sad killer bEAST from potopoto republic.Crime/evil is their lifestyle. Abeg CP,gather all fl@theads in lagos and let them drink their kinsmen PIGS mixture. Bastard

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Shoot At Fulani Travellers In Plateau, Kill 2 Instantly. Graphic Pics / Robbers & Kidnappers Arrested By Bauchi Police & Weapons Recovered / Mompha: Court Remands Kayode Phillip And Hamza Koud In Prison For Internet Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.