Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,993 members, 7,799,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition (14188 Views)

LASG Okays Science Quiz Competition For Secondary Schools, Targets Inventors / Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)- 3rd Edition / TOBI M. OLUSA SCIENCE QUIZ Season1 Episode 1 =>win Airtime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by TundeBricklayer: 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2018
Enugu has emerged winner of the 2018 Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) National Science Quiz Competition.

The state led 17 others with 75 points, while Ogun and Edo states came second and third with 70 and 65 points, respectively.

Speaking at the event which took place at the Amphitheatre, NNPC Towers, Abuja on Tuesday, Mikanti Baru, Group Managing Director of NNPC, said past winners of the competition who are gainfully employed are excelling in their various endeavours.

He said: "I had charged the Corporation’s Group Public Affairs Division to assess the extent to which the objectives of the flagship CSR projects are being met to improve on its impact on the target audience.

"I feel humbled to report that all the past winners of the quiz contest that are professionally engaged are doing very well. A few examples will suffice. Sunday Aliu, one of the contest's pioneer winners who works in Total Nigeria EP was part of the team that built Egina Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) unit which has some relevance to Nigeria’s crude oil production."

Okeke Tony Kabilan, a student of Spring of Life International School, Enugu was this year’s winner of the annual competition. Igban Emmanuel, a student of Ambassadors College, Otta, Ogun State came second, while Alikah Joseph Ehiagwina, a student of Bosco Science Academy, Ukhun, Edo State was third.

Also present at the event was former Head of State General Yakubu Gowon, former military Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar, Governor Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi State and Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State. Ibe Kachikwu, Minister of State for Petroleum also delivered an address.

Abia, Bauchi, Benue, Delta, Edo, Enugu, FCT Abuja, Gombe, Imo, Kaduna, Kebbi, Lagos, Ogun, Osun, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto and Taraba states competed at the finals. Three states were picked from each geopolitical zone.
http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/09/enugu-beats-17-states-win-nnpc-science-quiz-competition
Lalasticlala

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by Carzolah(m): 8:27pm On Oct 09, 2018
wink

1 Like

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by Joldsilver: 8:40pm On Oct 09, 2018
Enugu the intellectual hub of the SE.

113 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by Nbote(m): 8:57pm On Oct 09, 2018
Igbo Amaka... Na we dey dominate No by noise or mouth.. Some ppl go do jump and pass for dis thread lol...
Modified : It took 3days for dis thread to hit FP.. If it was a crime related topic now we know how e go b

146 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by Learn12: 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2018
When it comes to brain mention Igbo AMAKA cheesy

129 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by Abjay97(m): 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2018
Igbo mara nma nke ukwu

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by webtutorr: 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2018
Yes oo, Igbo's are the brainy............
I dont know what moderators are waiting to make this encouraging post front page.
But if its to make posts that will instigate tribal war, hate and all that, they will be fast to make it front page.
im just hoping iether the founder or the moderators has not forgotting the primary aim of nairaland.
I knew nairalander years ago as a place yu can get educative infos, how to make money tips and more info that add values.
but now, wot i see at the front page is more of trashssss everyday. 95% of political info. Nairaland should be the community of Nigerian youths where we discuss on how to better ourlifes since our politicians are looters and criminals but, moderators go still carry their matter full everywhere

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by weownlagos: 6:24pm On Oct 11, 2018
The mods are cursed for not moving this educative thread to front page.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by ulster: 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2018
Every morning that I wake up from sleep, the first thing I do is say my prayer
The next thing i do is to check my PVC
Voting out BuBu is a task for all Nigerians who are eligible voters!

83 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by MummyIMadeIt: 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2018
smiley
Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by IbrahimDamola: 7:08am On Oct 12, 2018
Lalasticlala eh! grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:15am On Oct 12, 2018
Nigeria amaka!!! One nation cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by KanuIsCursed: 7:15am On Oct 12, 2018
Useless state

1 Like

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by cbngov01(m): 7:15am On Oct 12, 2018
Proudly igbo....proudly Nigerian

9 Likes

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by SirLakes: 7:15am On Oct 12, 2018
Igbo amaka

This time around no disappointment cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by magicminister: 7:15am On Oct 12, 2018
Nice!!

If yorubas and igbos unite and work together to break the northern hegemony, Nigeria I’ll become Dubai in 10-20 years.

I’ve never seen so much intellectual capacity concentrated within two tribes in any African country like that of the igbos and yorubas but we keep getting ruled by mostly illiterate northerners that can’t tell their right from their left!!

Ibo amaka, Yoruba Amaka.

Let’s work together!!!

Igbos are political disorganized.
Yorubas keep aligning with the wrong side.

If yorubas bring their political expertise and vast knowledge and igbos bring their doggedness and innovative spirit, it will be an excellent combination. We will rotate president and Vice President amongst ourselves until we fix Nigeria.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by chocboi78(m): 7:16am On Oct 12, 2018
IGBO Amaka

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:16am On Oct 12, 2018
KanuIsCursed:
Useless state
Even if am not Igbo, so sick of you to hate the young lads who made the state proud

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by devindevin2000: 7:16am On Oct 12, 2018
Igbos again? I was at a bar few weeks ago, the topic of who is the most brilliant tribe came up, everybody in the room of over 25 said Igbos. The 5 Yorubas there didn't even dispute it. It's dawning on afonjas Igbos are way ahead of them. You remember when they use to say Yorubas lead in education in Nigeria? You notice they don't say that again? Reality is finally dawning on them. Igbos have decimated them and Other tribes know.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by OlaAshawo: 7:16am On Oct 12, 2018
that fallacy that yerobas are more educated should be debunk

Igbos are miles ahead of yerobas in any aspect cheesy

igbo Amaka

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by murphyibiam15(m): 7:17am On Oct 12, 2018
nice one Enugu

13 Likes

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by September13: 7:17am On Oct 12, 2018
Encouraging, educative and innovative

More of this news abeeeg

Tired of politics, boobs and stories that touches the liver

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by WhyMoD: 7:18am On Oct 12, 2018
You know when they say all the Igbos "sabi na business" I just laugh ..

The truth is that an Igbo man is good with anything he chooses to endeavor in. It's a gift and talent from above.
You can't wish it away..

They're good in all areas including business..

Can you imagine if Nigerian politics was merit based? Who do you think would be on the lead?

Do you think weac was stupid when they put Igbos unity schools exam cut off marks above that of the other tribes? It's so that others can catch up.
Even the self-acclaimed suphisticated ones needed that headstart to be able to compete with the Igbos

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by israelmao(m): 7:18am On Oct 12, 2018
They call them cone headed yet they are making waves across the world.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by tinktanker: 7:18am On Oct 12, 2018
U can never see the Northern children here. They are busy learning how to kill

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by Billygee2u: 7:19am On Oct 12, 2018
South East rules in everything positive.
Igbos are really special awesome people

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by nNEOo(m): 7:19am On Oct 12, 2018
Nbote:
Igbo Amaka... Na we dey dominate No by noise or mouth.. Some ppl go do jump and pass for dis thread lol

If only after typing this trash n you took a deep breath to ask yourself if this was necessary maybe we wouldn't have known how tribalistic u are.
Re: Enugu Beats 17 States To Win NNPC Science Quiz Competition by nNEOo(m): 7:20am On Oct 12, 2018
Billygee2u:
South East rules in everything positive

Way too hyperbolic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

School Of Nursing Form Now Out Register Now / Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar / Gateway Poly Igbesa Admissions 2012/2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.