Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West (61523 Views)

South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense / Funke Akindele Nominated As Running Mate To Jandor, Lagos PDP Candidate / Afenifere Reacts To Peter Obi's Emergence As Atiku’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by milemimi93(m): 11:01pm On Oct 09, 2018
[s]
ojomorupereowei:
Atiku and saraki fought wel in dia primary and thank God atiku won
therefore 2019, presidential election will be a tough one ,since atiku is also from the northern side,if the northernant vote for atiku bayelsa state and other state will vote for atiku over president buhari,,this fight is just to remove buhari from power so that PDP will come back to power 2019.
I hereby ask nigerians to be wise and vote for atiku for president 2019
[/s]

16yrs of bandage PDP puts u never do u? Ewu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by solreb: 11:02pm On Oct 09, 2018
The PDP decision makers know that SW has more electoral value than SE and are not push-overs. Furthermore I don't know why Biafrans should be concerned about Nigerian election. The honourable thing to do is to boycott the election

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Ugosample(m): 11:02pm On Oct 09, 2018
mycar:
The funny thing is that all the people demanding for a SW VP are APC members.

that's what surprises me cheesy

4 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Deowl: 11:02pm On Oct 09, 2018
Southwest of course.
Let's be fair.
I am Igbo, but this time around, South west for VP.
Case closed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Sanchez01: 11:02pm On Oct 09, 2018
I mentioned this some few days ago. The VP of the PDP can only make sense if it comes from the SW. The SE is pro PDP and Buhari would have a tough time there. A SE VP means sudden death for Atiku in the SW even though the SS will be divided and keenly contested.

I hate to say this but the SW is a major stakeholder in the scheme of things in this country. The SW has far more electoral value than the SE.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by okeyfrank: 11:02pm On Oct 09, 2018
Whatever happens, wherever the VP may be chosen from, Nigerians have gotten an alternative to the divisive and fantastically corrupt Buhari's govt. We have decided to Atikulate and remain a united country than to shout Sai Baba and continue to be grossly divided, and no amount of negative propaganda against the person of Atiku Abubakar wil ever make us change our mind.

A man that sees Nigeria as one people and grants opportunities to his countrymen irrespective of their Religion & Tribe, is better for us as a nation than a low thinking man who classed us as 97% and 5%.

Atiku can chose Adesina, who is far more intelligent and results oriented than Osinbajo; he will still get the maximum support from the SE & SS. Nothing on earth will make the Eastern Region to accept a man so wicked to them that he only wished they were wiped off completely.

Let me start to Atikulate my community jooor!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Oblang(m): 11:02pm On Oct 09, 2018
durangokid:
South west has no capacity to do anything to PDP. They have never voted for PDP before and will never, the 50% and above votes they always get there is from non Yorubas and relatives of those who are contesting under PDP

U ppl with all this ur irritating talk sef. If 50% of votes in the SW belongs to non Yorubas, then the population of non Yorubas in the SW will be greater than that of the yorubas o...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by bestpunterever: 11:03pm On Oct 09, 2018
durangokid:
South west has no capacity to do anything to PDP. They have never voted for PDP before and will never, the 50% and above votes they always get there is from non Yorubas and relatives of those who are contesting under PDP
it seem you are a kid, the vote that jonathan got from south west nko in 2011.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by safarigirl(f): 11:04pm On Oct 09, 2018
kaliboi94:

God forbid for south east to vote APC even though atiku pick a Fulani man as vice. The highest tin south east would do is to boycott the election like they did in 2015
South East did not boycott any election in 2015.....if Atiku picks a SW VP, Nigeria will see what a boycott looks like from SE......bear in mind, the more people do not show up to vote, the easier rigging will be.

Everybody I have spoken to is of the opinion that Atiku should get a VP from SE, and everyone I have spoken to is from the SW. The deciding region in this election will be the North Central. South West is APC, they should get Osibanjo, South East is PDP, they should get the VP slot

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by alexvatt(m): 11:04pm On Oct 09, 2018
diebuhari1:
So if PDP choses a VP from Southwest, they will suddenly get 100% of the votes there? As long as Tinubu the god of Yorubas is still in APC and Osinbajo is still their running mate, the south west vote will be split. So is it not better for Atiku to consolidate on where he can get as much as 95% of their votes instead of antagonizing them and losing those votes to apathy?
Tinubu has no contol over electorates in South West. Ask them in Osun state. PDP could have won Osun. U know what happened there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 11:05pm On Oct 09, 2018
Igbos are already being relegated to the behind their truly belong.

When it's time to share the war booty, they lock then behind the big door and recklessly throw in some decayed crumbs without option of raising eyebrow.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Daboomb: 11:05pm On Oct 09, 2018
kingkakaone:

If Atiku is smart he will pick his VP from the East.
The West has always gone against PDP since 1999 except their leaders push them and now all their leaders and governors are APC.

If he doesn't pick fromm the East, there will be massive voters apathy and unwillingness to vote from that zone.

He should just pick his VP from East and campaign more in the North East and North Central with some support from the NW and SW and he's good to go.

Its NEVER gionna happen, mark my words and bookmark this thread till wednesday.

Eitherway, PDP will still lose the election!

Atiku would not make the mistake of picking his VP from the East. He hopes the Votes of the West will tip him over the bar.
WHY?
- SEast has small voting population compared to the West

- He knows the East does not really like the North that much and wont risk the wrath of the SWest

Even if he picks his VP from the SWest, can that person be more "intelligent" than Osinbajo?
The West will stil not vote for Atiku. he is a wanted criminal and the West dont tolerate such scumbags.

Will that mean they would vote for Buhari?
Thats a 50-50 because he is stuck with osinbajo.
A lot of S/Westerners will not vote for Buhari due to his Nepotism, support for the terrorist herdsmen and his fulanisation Agenda.
Ofcourse, the East too will not vote for him anyway.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Buterflyle0: 11:05pm On Oct 09, 2018
Sanchez01:
I mentioned this some few days ago. The VP of the PDP can only make sense if it comes from the SW. The SE is pro PDP and Buhari would have a tough time there. A SE VP means sudden death for Atiku in the SW even though the SS will be divided and keenly contested.

I hate to say this but the SW is a major stakeholder in the scheme of things in this country. The SW has far more electoral value than the SE.

And once PDP chooses a VP from the SW then the SE would never smell Presidency or VP for another 16 years. grin

They would be the biggest losers.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 09, 2018
Please wherever the VP comes from is not a problem, what is important is for everyone to understand that Nigeria has no leader so that everyone will come out on election day and vote out Sudanese Jubril that is in Nigerian presidents seat.

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 09, 2018
The only South West person I'd be happy to hear his name announced is Femi Adeshina. It's not about tribe at this point. It's about the person.

Personally, I want Atiku to run with either Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala or Femi Adeshina.. In no particular order. Any of them would be a great choice. I don't give a damn about their ethnicity.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Humility017(m): 11:06pm On Oct 09, 2018
paramakina202:
VP for south-east nothing less and nothing more.

politics is not that way...
I am from the south south..
picking a vp from the south east will speak doom for atiku...
he should get adewumi adesina as his VP.
I tell you....he will be a tough match for buhari.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by kernel001: 11:07pm On Oct 09, 2018
Kyase:
Everywhere pdp go, e go backfire, grin grin grin grin grin
Go to South west, south east vote massively for ApC (which they will still lose the south west)
Again if they go to South East, south west go vex destroy them....
I no pity Atiku at all

The last thing an Eastern will do is to vote APC, I'm an Igbo man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by MAJORBANKZ(m): 11:07pm On Oct 09, 2018
abduljabbar4:
Picking a vice from the east will make it too easy for Buhari. He should get a vice from the SW so the election will be a little more competitive and entertaining but either way, one thing is certain... atiku and his Atiretarded followers will be disgraced in 2019
don't be too sure. Is no longer news many Nigerians are fed up with PMB so it really do not matter the geopolitical group Atiku's running mate hails from.

2 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Daewang: 11:07pm On Oct 09, 2018
LANDLORD72:
You bad o vp position is ceremonial no value key to other positions better for South east

Wether it is ceremonial or not the position must go to SE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Humility017(m): 11:08pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hedonini:
The only South West person I'd be happy to hear his name announced is Femi Adeshina. It's not about tribe at this point. It's about the person.

Personally, I want Atiku to run with either Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala or Femi Adeshina.. In no particular order. Any of them would be a great choice. I don't give a damn about their ethnicity.
Femi adesina is a bomb bro....
he will bring confusion to the minds of gullible Yorubas.
who will be at a cross road...on who to vote for between him and buhari...
I tell you ...he will win with that choice.
Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by senatordave1(m): 11:09pm On Oct 09, 2018
safarigirl:
South East did not boycott any election in 2015.....if Still picks a SW VP, Nigeria will see what a boycott looks like from SE......bear in mind, the more people do not show up to vote, the easier rigging will be.

Everybody I have spoken to is of the opinion that Still should get a VP from SE, and everyone I have spoken to is from the SW. The deciding region in this election will be the North Central. South West is APC, they should get Osibanjo, South East is PDP, they should get the VP slot
Your very intelligent and objective.comment more frequently

4 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by PavillionEnergy: 11:09pm On Oct 09, 2018
Atiku will overtake Buhari cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Roger3D(m): 11:09pm On Oct 09, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

SE already in the bags?/do we look like zombies tto you? The PDP has already zoned the VP slot to the SE
Pa Chukwudi you ibos will lose once again and our ranches will litter the south east next year by this time. I laugh in ibo hahahahah.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Boyooosa(m): 11:09pm On Oct 09, 2018
SE 2023, the NEEDFUL. Will he be able to sacrifice 2nd term for that? Just thinking.
Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Sanchez01: 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2018
Buterflyle0:

And once PDP chooses a VP from the SW then the SE would never smell Presidency or VP for another 16 years. grin

They would be the biggest losers.
The truth is, the SE can't smell the presidency. This isn't a curse. Sadly, no one trusts them to hand over the country to them. Most unfortunately is the fact that they have insulted the life out of everyone there is rather than build bridges and work towards being a key player.

If it isn't Ohaneze today, it is IPOB and MASSOB tomorrow, not forgetting the foot soldiers who rant that they are not Nigerians.

As it stands, the SE are the major losers here.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by safarigirl(f): 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2018
Sanchez01:

even you, your knowledge of politics is poor

The SW has chosen their stand. They stand with APC come what may, they are not the sophisticated people they once were. Even Ekiti is now an APC State, so, which magic will Atiku pull to convince them to leave APC?

The only major stakeholder that most Nigerians are too blind to see is the North Central. Kwara, Benue, Plateau all abandoned PDP in 2015 and were part of why APC won. I am disappointed that you people are dragging this thing like this

15 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by paramakina202: 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2018
Humility017:

[s]politics is not that way...
I am from the south south..
picking a vp from the south east will speak doom for atiku...
he should get adewumi adesina as his VP.
I tell you....he will be a tough match for buhari.[/s]

1 Like

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Buterflyle0: 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2018
kernel001:

Go and tell that to registered APC members in the SE and their families.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Humility017(m): 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2018
Daewang:

Wether it is ceremonial or not the position must go to SE.

you have no knowledge of Nigeria politics....
he will loose in a large scale....and the east will come back to marginalization
you've to use your sense....
definitely the ibos will get other juicy positions and will eventually get the presidency after his tenure....

let him pick a Yoruba man....an watch how he splits the Yorubas vote.
use your head....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by skyeblizz(m): 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2018
Wow...And these are same set of youths clamouring for a better governance and new Nigeria,now using ethnicity has a yardstick in the choice of their leader...
Anyways,the sufferings never reach the peak, when it does, people will have sense,think straight and Will stop being sentimental.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by RTSC: 11:11pm On Oct 09, 2018
I just pity atiku.

His enemies want him to fail.

Who will vote for an atiku with a Yoruba VP?
lol.

Even if I hate buhari to my marrow, I will not vote for that atiku ticket with a Yoruba VP.

And most of the people suggesting this are apc members and fellow contestants.
They want him to fail before the battle begins.

18 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by senatordave1(m): 11:11pm On Oct 09, 2018
kernel001:

What about ngige and his idemili people

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Peter Obi: Obidients March In Kafanchan, Kaduna State (Photos) / The Invitation To Dino Melaye's Mother's Burial Ceremony (photo) / FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.