Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West (61562 Views)

South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense / Funke Akindele Nominated As Running Mate To Jandor, Lagos PDP Candidate / Afenifere Reacts To Peter Obi's Emergence As Atiku’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by NonsoWow: 11:55pm On Oct 09, 2018
Humility017:

I disagree with this....
should femi adesina adewumi be made his VP...I tell you he will get a reasonable number votes from the south west.
in a free and fair contest...he will win some states...like osun,ondo and ekiti....
Akinwummi Adesina, or any sane individual for that matter, will not resign his lucrative top job with the African Development Bank to come and play second fiddle to another man in an election that he is more likely to lose!

3 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by senatordave1(m): 11:55pm On Oct 09, 2018
Humility017:

you don't understand who buhari is in the north...
any man buhari ask the northerners to vote for...they will sheepishly do...
buhari is semi god here in the north.
he is worshipped....

many northern politicians in the APC are hoping to ride on his popularity to power in the forthcoming elections.

should buhari ask the northerners to vote you....they will massively do....

they worship him here....I am in the north...and I know what I am sayn.
I was an inec adhoc staff in the last general election in 2015 in a fulani community.
was serving then

with buhari support tinubu will win massively.
That is what most cant seem to get.buhari is like their sardauna,aminu kano and usman dan fodio.the support buhari has has been cultivated since 2002 and grown over the years.atiku doesnt have that.its too late to try it.atiku cant get more than 20% in nw/ne.most of atiku's pals are elitist.even his loyallist are loyal because of his pocket unlike the undying loyalty buharists have.atiku will struggle in several ss/se states evwn if he chooses vp from both se/sw.where in ss are you from sir?

1 Like

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by RTSC: 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2018
Sanchez01:

Argue blindly? Lol! You could be loud with your opinions. So if indeed your interest had been tweaked long before now, I sure as hell believe you would have been ranting earlier than now. More so, isn't it obvious just by the way that you can't tell the highest region of registered voters?

If you say this, then I'd say you lie. The 2015 projections didn't give Buhari a chance until he got the SW. Well, that is a discussion for another day.

Lol! How am I making the wrong calculations? It is known to every politically conscious Nigerian that the SW plays a major role in swaying electoral decisions compared to other regions in the SOUTH. The SW is tactical, calculative and often times, the king maker in the SOUTH.

1. The SE has 8M registered voters ahead of 2019.
2. The region has the least of registered voters ahead of the election.
3. The SE is pro PDP and highly anti APC
4. With or without the VP slot, the SE will vote the PDP.

Pray tell, IF YOU WERE AN ASPIRANT WITH AN ELECTION TO WIN, WOULD YOU DANGLE THE VP SLOT IN THE DIRECTION OF A REGION SUCH AS THE SE CONSIDERING THE ABOVE?

Let me break your heart.

1. That the PDP fielded Atiku means he lost before the election began but then you can't know this.

2. Should Atiku gives the VP slot to the SW, it means he will still fight a little while enjoying the support of the SE, all thanks to the deep hatred of the APC.

3. Should Atiku field a SE VP, it means his political death will be sudden because he will lose the SW gallantly and the SS will be split between both parties, all thanks to the footing of the APC and recent 'transfer' moves.

Atiku doesn't stand a chance against Buhari in the NW. I doubt he'll give Buhari sleepless night in the NC region as well. 2019 won't be a contest. Going by your projections, it would be a murder, a swift one at that.
How exactly are you going to compel the East to vote atiku.?

Who are these guys on nairaland making fictitious statements?
A Yoruba VP is a fail for him. He is committing the same sin that buhari will Never be forgiven for.

Igbos are proud people. We don't respond well to insults.

We do not stoop to conquer. We rather not stoop at all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Humility017(m): 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2018
safarigirl:
and since then, how many attacks have there been? Let me also remind you that tens of Fulani men were killed in Abia State following those attacks, many more were chased out of Anambra and Fulani people have gone missing in Enugu.

If the Governor went to cry that is his business, but the people are not cowards. When last did you hear that Fulani people attacked Igbo land? Meanwhile, in the North, at least three times a week there is news of killing and invasions.

You people don't know Easterners. You people think all of us are in this Nigeria together, you don't know some people are here, but are not here. Na 2019 una go know who dey and who no dey this country, Igbo people will scatter everything for PDP, make dem try nonsense

scatter everything for PDP and loose out to buhari?

well....when it comes to politics in this country...the Yorubas tend to be smarter and more patient.

it took tinubu time and years of careful planning to realize these APC dream.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by madridsta007(m): 11:57pm On Oct 09, 2018
mycar:
Then that negates everything, what is worth doing is worth doing fine, no more no less.

Everybody is tired of Buhari, pick your VP from SE and you have 99% SE & SS and 50% SW with you, get 50% North and you are good to go
SW should go for SP, they can push their agenda from there.

Militarised rigging.
By the time Buhari uses this Ekiti-Osun method on the whole of Nigeria, all these permutations would end.

3 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Humility017(m): 11:58pm On Oct 09, 2018
senatordave1:

That is what most cant seem to get.buhari is like their sardauna,aminu kano and usman dan fodio.the support buhari has has been cultivated since 2002 and grown over the years.atiku doesnt have that.its too late to try it.atiku cant get more than 20% in nw/ne.most of atiku's pals are elitist.even his loyallist are loyal because of his pocket unlike the undying loyalty buharists have.atiku will struggle in several ss/se states evwn if he chooses vp from both se/sw.where in ss are you from sir?

I am from south south.
he will massively win south south and south east it all depends on his campaign strategy...Every one wants him now because of buhari misrule but how to get some Yorubas along is a daunting task at the moment.
Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by danie09(m): 11:59pm On Oct 09, 2018
Humility017:

I am from south south.
he will massively win south south and south east it all depends on his campaign strategy...Every one wants him now because of buhari misrule but how to get some Yorubas along is a daunting task at the moment.
nohe won't massively win south south
The main reason apc have been making gains lately with wooing over politicians from that region is to open avenue to rig2019 and not be questioned.
They will share votes with atiku in delta akwaibom and rivers and will likely win edo state not because those people loved and voted for buhari but because they have made gains and established themselves there ...irrespective of where atiku picks his VP he's still gonna lose .

2 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by NairalandGod: 12:00am On Oct 10, 2018
I was telling a friend some days back that no matter what happens, SE will always be the biggest losers. Even a baby will play politics better than them.

KanwuliaMama, how far?

10 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by dgee1(m): 12:02am On Oct 10, 2018
RTSC:

Who are these guys on nairaland making fictitious statements?
A Yoruba VP is a fail for him. He is committing the same sin that buhari will Never be forgiven for.

very funny comment! this is national politics not contest for the igwe title.

This is why you will always lose out and dance the Python dance.

2 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by RTSC: 12:03am On Oct 10, 2018
madridsta007:

Militarised rigging.
By the time Buhari uses this Ekiti-Osun method on the whole of Nigeria, all these permutations would end.
He will probably use it anyway.

The only place where it would fail 100% is in the SE/SS if they come out and vote.

And someone wants to make them sit at home and not vote by choosing a Yoruba VP

Okay.

9 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Buterflyle0: 12:03am On Oct 10, 2018
Onyiridike:

You are very wrong, SW has about 8 million registered voters.

Sorry to disappoint you but you are sadly wrong.

As at August when INEC released the total registered voters per zone. South west was over 14m registered voters. It the SE that has about 8m

2 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by deomelo: 12:03am On Oct 10, 2018
To start with, I care less about Atiku and I know for sure he won't even smell Aso Rock, but in terms of political strategy, he should pick from the SW because the SE is locked with their eggs as usual in the Same PDP basket and their one and only option is the PDP regardless so why waste anything on what you already have in the bank.

In politics, you spend your political resources on what you don't have and must have by any means necessary and the SW is what Atiku doesn't have. Picking from the SE means instant and automatic write off and zero consideration from the SW.

I don't even see the SW trading off Osinbajo for a VP from the SE.

Ibo factor in any political context like the VP or presidency in the North and other parts of Nigeria is a nonstarter so picking from the SE means he's DOA.

Anyways, Atiku should just go ahead and remove the SW from his doomed calculations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by lasmile(f): 12:04am On Oct 10, 2018
Buterflyle0:

With your 7million votes compared to the 14million votes of the SW? grin

You wailers and emotions will never see the reality until it happens.

Over 15 million block votes waiting for Atiku from SE and SS.

SW will be shared between Buhari and Atiku. Any loss from SW will be compensated with Middle belt votes

3 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by oodualover: 12:04am On Oct 10, 2018
RTSC:

How many states in the south west did those people win for pdp?

You don't have a pdp state and you want the VP. Is that how it works?

Even the SE have an apc state, and buhari is still misbehaving.
Guy, majority of Yoruba people want Atiku to pick and Ibo person as his running mate. 2019 will be north/west vs north/east

3 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by EternalTruths: 12:04am On Oct 10, 2018
Humility017:

I am from south south.

You are a political illiterate for making this comment.

Atiku don't need the Yoruba votes to win if the NC, NE, SS and SE vote massively for him.

The 14m registered voters in SW are 50% non indigenes.

The 18m registered voters in the NW are 30%-40% non indigenes.

Atiku will divide NW/SW with Buhari and carry the day in NE , NC, SS & SE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by RTSC: 12:05am On Oct 10, 2018
dgee1:

very funny comment! this is national politics not contest for the igwe title.

This is why you will always lose out and dance the Python dance.
Yes.

National politics started in 2015, according to Yoruba clowns like you.

Perpetual opposition. Fucck off.

6 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by goaldynman(m): 12:05am On Oct 10, 2018
Why I don't want to dissipate my energy arguing everyday who should be picked the Vice President is that all these fake news are emanating from Southwest's Lagos -Ibadan Expressway Media propaganda trying to deceive and coerce Atiku to pick his VP from southwest! However, take the following points from me:

1. Even if Atiku pick his VP from southwest, it will not have any impact on the vote he will get from southwest. The southwest will still vote APC because they plotting to grab power as soon as 2023 instead of voting Atiku and wait a longer period till 2027.

2. If Atiku pick his VP from southwest, he will not get any vote from southeast and South-South! This will be the beginning of his failure.

3. If Atiku pick his VP from southwest, he will not get any financial support from southeast Governors and southsouth Governors. We all know the Southwest does not have any PDP Governor to support him during the election!

4. Southwest at the moment does not have any credible PDP member to be chosen a VP! Is it Fayose or Fani Kayode?

5. Southeast has been the greatest support of PDP even when southwest abandoned the party!

6. Southwest ruled the Country under PDP for 8yrs. So all these mundane talk that PDP marginalised them is arrant nonsense!

7. Virtually all those fabricating and peddling these fake news and calling Atiku to choose his VP from southwest are APC agents attempting to lure Atiku into making the greatest mistake of his political life!

8. Igbos residing in Southwest are monumental (about 30% of people residing in Southwest are Igbos) and will vote massively for Atiku if he choose his VP from southeast.

9. Southeast delegates voted massively for Atiku while southwest delegates voted for Tambuwal in anticipation of the latter making Fayose his VP!

10. Lastly, it is very wicked, selfish, greedy and evil for Southwest to be angling for VP position of PDP! Having ruled under the party in the person of their son Obasanjo; and their son Osinbajo having been VP for 4yrs now! Still they are plotting to take over from Buhari in 2023! Is southwest the only Nigerians in the Southern part of Nigeria? So to them, southeasterners are slaves and does not deserve any political post? This is sheer wickedness in high places!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by NairalandGod: 12:05am On Oct 10, 2018
Humility017:

I am from south south.

Everyone wants who?

Just say you people want him because you never liked Buhari. Even before Buhari had the chance to govern, he had got very ridiculously low votes from your regions, so he is expected not to perform well there in 2019. Jonathan massively won there but Buhari still beat him to the post.

As for Yorubas, we are more thoughtful. We don't play politics of hate hence the close battle for votes in 2015.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by danie09(m): 12:05am On Oct 10, 2018
oodualover:

Guy, majority of Yoruba people want Atiku to pick and Ibo person as his running mate. 2019 will be north/west vs north/east
guy stop misleading people .how much of the northwest and north east do you know? And how well do you even know atiku? Atiku carries a very big burden of mistrust around his neck . even His own people in Adamawa state will choose buhari over him any day anytime

2 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Sanchez01: 12:06am On Oct 10, 2018
RTSC:

Out of those 14 million votes. How many are Yoruba vote, especially when we all know that the bulk of that votes is in Lagos - Nigeria's most populous state and a multi ethnic metropolis ?
You need to know how much I detest goalpost shifting. It doesn't concern you how many Yoruba votes there in the 14M. Yorubas have always been interested in politics long before others migrated enmasse to their region. That said, just wait for the result of the region in 2019.

Let me agree for the sake of argument that 10 out of those 14 million votes in the sw are Yoruba votes.

Atiku cannot get up to 40% of that 10 million Yoruba votes which would be around 4-5 million from Yorubas in the sw.
I don't see Atiku making 40% in the SW. Except he gets a credible cum popular SW politician other than Tinubu (which is non existent), he won't make that number.

Now compare that to 8 million from the SE, plus votes from the SS/SE in Lagos alone which would count as part of the remaining 4 million votes remaining in the south west.

Lol! Calculations don't work that way. Okowa is on the verge of being uprooted just as Udom Emmanuel. The APC will enjoy or witness more votes compared to that of 2015 in the SS which was totally all out for GEJ then.

There is a reason why buhari have ran with eastern vps the most.
Unless atiku is going to get as much northern support as buhari got in 2015, your Yoruba VP would put him in trouble .
Funny! Tell me, how did Buhari perform with SE VPs? Even Ojukwu barely made a million mark in 2003, even in the EAST!

I pray he announces a SE VP.

2 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 10, 2018
safarigirl:
there will be nothing marginal about the NC votes. The only NC states that are core APC are Kaduna and Niger. The rest could go either way, even with those two states, there is a high percentage of non-indigenes, in Southern Kaduna and places like Suleja in Niger state, APC is likely to have it tough due to the high concentration of non-indigenes in these parts. Kogi is another NC state that will swing to Buhari, but they do not have a massive number of voters and are similar to Ekiti in size.

The rest of NC is up for grabs. Saraki will not allow APC smell Kwara, that one is sure. PDP will win massively there, even if he has to fight them thug for thug.

Benue and Plateau are wounded lions. Benue abandoned PDP largely because of Suswam and his failure to pay salaries back in 2015, but in Buhari's four years, these people have been massacred and the only thing they have gotten in return is their lands being invaded by soldiers who further harass them and present them for slaughter to Buhari's supposed brothers. APC will be defeated resoundingly in those places because dem no go even gree them rig
lol kids, na so una dey calculate everything for here everytime bt at the end,na loser side u dey dey. Una eyes go clear next year. Save ur calculations.

2 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by senatordave1(m): 12:06am On Oct 10, 2018
Humility017:

I am from south south.
You havent told me the state oh.am from cross river sha.apc is getting stronger here while pdp is fumbling.atiku will win ss but not same margin as gej in 2015.gej got 4.7 million here,buhari got 400,000.buhari own will slightly increase sha.whatever happens,nw votes will equal that of ss/se.i dont see wike,ayade,udom,okowa killing themselves for atiku
Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by EternalTruths: 12:06am On Oct 10, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Sorry to disappoint you but you are sadly wrong.

As at August when INEC released the total registered voters per zone. South west was over 14m registered voters. It the SE that has about 8m

What percentage of that 14m you boast about are Non Indigenes.?

2 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by RTSC: 12:06am On Oct 10, 2018
oodualover:

I am not seeing the majority though.

It seems most of your fellow Yoruba clowns want to play both sides.

3 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by obailala(m): 12:07am On Oct 10, 2018
Atiku taking a vice from the SW would be a distasteful insult to the SE for all the energy it has put in as opposition. Attempting that would once make the SE an object of mockery; and that would definitely give buhari a smooth sail.

5 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Buterflyle0: 12:07am On Oct 10, 2018
lasmile:

SW will be shared between Buhari and Atiku. Any loss from SW will be compensated with Middle belt votes

Wrong!

SS is currently 50/50
SE is currently 70/30 in favour of PDP

SW is currently 60/40 in favour of APC
Middle belt is also 60/40 in favour of PDP

Core north is currently 70/30 in favour of APC

Politics is all about numbers. By the time you add up the numbers it would become clearer to you that Atiku has already lost this election .

3 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Daewang: 12:07am On Oct 10, 2018
technicallyrich:

its their brother no doubt but i hope they treat bussiness as bussiness,afterall tinubu dont give a fuk about yorubas unknown to them but how to maximaze his wealth.
So i belive they will ban him.

I really hope they do.
Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by NairalandGod: 12:08am On Oct 10, 2018
lasmile:

See your mouth like 15 million block votes.

2 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by RTSC: 12:08am On Oct 10, 2018
EternalTruths:

What percentage of that 14m you boast about are Non Indigenes.?
Don't mind the clown.

The bulk of the 14 million is in Lagos.

How many votes did they even give buhari in the south west?

If not that Jonathan lost the NC, the otueke fisherman would have won.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 12:09am On Oct 10, 2018
safarigirl:
the people here are the average Nigerians, and what you see here is a reflection of the minds of the average Nigerians.

These people here are the same ones you will encounter in public transport, newspaper stands and the offices.

Well, not every sample shows the true characteristics of a population hence not every sample is a good sample. The fact that Nigerians from different works of life are present on this forum doesn't mean that it would be a true reflection of the mind of the average Nigerian, assuming such would insinuate that elections can be won online... You and I know that how false that assumption is.
Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by senatordave1(m): 12:09am On Oct 10, 2018
lasmile:

Your funny.ss/se gave gej their son 7.1 milion votes in 2015.

1 Like

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Sanchez01: 12:09am On Oct 10, 2018
RTSC:

Simple! Just mention the APC and the devilish Fulani party and the SE will fall in line to vote the PDP.

You guys don't get the memo yet. You stoop, you don't, you'll lose and the SW will get the presidency come 2023. It's that simple.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Appointment Of Dead Men Into Boards Of Parastatals: Presidency Explains / Photo Of Akpabio's Car After The Accident Yesterday / Senator Kashim Shettima Visits Tinubu In London (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.