Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ (36638 Views)

Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs / Deji Adeyanju Shocked Over Massive Crowd At Atiku's Rally In Ogun / Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by temptnow: 8:09am On Oct 10, 2018
Fake news

Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by babatee1985(m): 8:11am On Oct 10, 2018
HungerBAD:
Of course he is shocked.

For some strange reasons,Obasanjo seems to think he is an Oracle that everybody in Nigeria has to pour libations on before they do anything.

How can someone have such an unforgiving heart?truth is,Obasanjo has lost his relevance and it is always laughable when I hear people say dont count him out,and that he still carries weight politically.

Where exactly is Obasanjo relevant in Nigeria today?Ogun State?definitely not. In Lagos State?in Oyo?or maybe Kano and Bayelsa?

His time is past. Did anybody see Anenih at the convention?that one has given himself brain. Atiku should respect him as a Statesman,but do not fall into the trap of giving him any kind of audience.

We all should join hands in retiring Obasanjo, since he does not want to leave with respect.

Thank you my brother. I pray this will also happen to Tinubu soon!!
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by Smile4daddy(m): 8:16am On Oct 10, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:

Buhari is the worst president in Nigeria history , he's been rejected by God and man.

The time to kick him and his many failures out of Aso rock is Now .
Lol you think so?

I guess you know the process is not going to be done online bcz dis where you guys are undefeated.

Well is your choice man. Date 16th February 2019, just go with your PVC dats if you have one, vote your Criminal Atiku and wait for your result as usual Disappointment just like Fayose Ekiti and Adeleke Osun scores.
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by 2n2k(m): 8:18am On Oct 10, 2018
Boomark:
So the presidency is now the spokesman of Obansajo? Did he tell them that he was shocked? Smh

grin

You read it wrongly. It is not that the presidency said so. The headline is just saying that Obj is shocked with Atiku’s victory in the primaries in the context of presidential election related matters. If you read the content, you won’t find any reference to a presidency official.

It is just like an headline saying, Kwara: Saraki reclaims senatorial seat. It just means the news is in context of Kwara politics.
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:20am On Oct 10, 2018
Smile4daddy:

Lol you think so?

I guess you know the process is not going to be done online bcz dis where you guys are undefeated.

Well is your choice man. Date 16th February 2019, just go with your PVC dats if you have one, vote your Criminal Atiku and wait for your result as usual Disappointment just like Fayose Ekiti and Adeleke Osun scores.

I see you're strongly banking on rigging to get buhari back to power but, it won't be business as usual for APC.

We will defend our votes with our lives

What happened in Osun and Ekiti was an eye opener , we are wiser now .
Any move to manipulate election results , will be resisted.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by Yomboy4ever(m): 8:21am On Oct 10, 2018
ozento:
even without obj atiku wil still win.

For Dream and internet..
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by hollywater: 8:21am On Oct 10, 2018
HungerBAD:
Of course he is shocked.

For some strange reasons,Obasanjo seems to think he is an Oracle that everybody in Nigeria has to pour libations on before they do anything.

How can someone have such an unforgiving heart?truth is,Obasanjo has lost his relevance and it is always laughable when I hear people say dont count him out,and that he still carries weight politically.

Where exactly is Obasanjo relevant in Nigeria today?Ogun State?definitely not. In Lagos State?in Oyo?or maybe Kano and Bayelsa?

His time is past. Did anybody see Anenih at the convention?that one has given himself brain. Atiku should respect him as a Statesman,but do not fall into the trap of giving him any kind of audience.

We all should join hands in retiring Obasanjo, since he does not want to leave with respect.

Thanks for your observations and suggestion.U think we should all join hand first to send Buhari out of Aso ROCK.
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by mabea: 8:22am On Oct 10, 2018
KanwuliaMama:

At 1:27AM in the morning? wink
Sorry, they are not witches like yours! kiss
This is not a SHYTEHOLE, we don’t trek all day to school here. wink
Chai this one wicked o
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by Smile4daddy(m): 8:23am On Oct 10, 2018
If Atiku is truly a successful business man as some Frustrated Nigerians are claiming, what will he be coming to do in presidency at his age?

He started business when he was Looting and now he lost access to his looting source and is now doing all to regain that which he lost.

Atiku is the true definition of a desperado. No wonder he has been changing political parties more than a prostitute changes partners.
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by SeriouslySense(m): 8:23am On Oct 10, 2018
Take it back AAC, Omoyele Sowore, look at good leaders like Kingsley Moghalu and fela Durotoye.

Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by brown432: 8:24am On Oct 10, 2018
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 10, 2018
HungerBAD:
Of course he is shocked.

exactly! This indeed is a historical period in the history of Nigeria that can shape or Mar us as an entity. Obasanjo had the opportunity to write his name on gold in History as the modern father of the new Nigeria; we can allude much to Obasanjo but whomever it is that must take the baton to lead this Nation of ours must break from the old order,must be a unifying factor, a core Nationalist, must eschew to a large extent politiking and focus on governance and the deliverables of good governance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by Smile4daddy(m): 8:31am On Oct 10, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:

I see you're strongly banking on rigging to get buhari back to power but, it won't be business as usual for APC.

We will defend our votes with our lives

What happened in Osun and Ekiti was an eye opener , we are wiser now .
Any move to manipulate election results , will be resisted.
You have said it bro. What happened in Osun and Ekiti was an eye opener asin the plp are wiser now.

The honest and patriotic plp of Osun and Ekiti are seeing the good works of APC and they voted massively for their choice in other for the good works to continue.

There was nothing like rigging tongue

This how you will come here after 2019 and keep shooting rigging. Stay tuned!
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by tesppidd: 8:32am On Oct 10, 2018
nawtyme:
So the presidency is now the spokesperson for Obasanjo? What kind of rubbish is this? That is how the army has been reduced to a cow protecting organization.
did you go to school at all??
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by Mchlobinna95: 8:33am On Oct 10, 2018
KanwuliaMama:

At 1:27AM in the morning? wink
Sorry, they are not witches like yours! kiss
This is not a SHYTEHOLE, we don’t trek all day to school here. wink
Salvage grin
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:34am On Oct 10, 2018
Smile4daddy:

You have said it bro. What happened in Osun and Ekiti was an eye opener asin the plp are wiser now.

The honest and patriotic plp of Osun and Ekiti are seeing the good works of APC and they voted massively for their choice in other for the good works to continue.

There was nothing like rigging tongue

This how you will come here after 2019 and keep shooting rigging. Stay tuned!

Keep talking trash as usual
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 10, 2018
SeriouslySense:
Take it back AAC, Omoyele Sowore, look at good leaders like Kingsley Moghalu and fela Durotoye.
Kingsley Moghalu is in a class on his own...put some respect on that name. It takes more than inspiration talk to lead a Nation as ours. Fela Durotoye and Sowore ? No Sir!
If we were not so focused on Zoning and all, Kingsley Moghalu/ Okonjo Iweala
Atiku/Okonjo Iweala
Oby Ezekwesili/ Donald Duke
For now, might be better option
Our image as a Nation is battered Internationally, our institutions have been bastardized, our economy plunged into recession...there are no sound policies to drive the economy...we need persons with the wealth of experience, capacity and capabilities to assume the helms of affairs of our dear country as well as give a strong signal to the international communities while driving the home point of our National Sovereignty. Nigeria up till now has never been this weak economically and in Military might even in the region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by mabea: 8:42am On Oct 10, 2018
MorningDew2017:
Today is my birthday please NL show some love. 10/10 smiley
HBD
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by supereagle(m): 8:42am On Oct 10, 2018
ozento:
even without obj atiku wil still win.

Time will tell us.
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by sojdson: 8:46am On Oct 10, 2018
NNAMDIII:
Exactly!! Nigerians don dey get sense. If we vote for Atiku and he doesn't do anything we'll remove him in 2023

She is a better candidate, but her people are articulating for a corrupt candidate.

Vote Hope 2019
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by J2381: 8:48am On Oct 10, 2018
BlaqCoffee109:
exactly! This indeed is a historical period in the history of Nigeria that can shape or Mar us as an entity. Obasanjo had the opportunity to write his name on gold in History as the modern father of the new Nigeria; we can allude much to Obasanjo but whomever it is that must take the baton to lead this Nation of ours must break from the old order,must be a unifying factor, a core Nationalist, must eschew to a large extent politiking and focus on governance and the deliverables of good governance.
this description doesn't fit any politician in Nigeria.
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by nawtyme: 8:48am On Oct 10, 2018
tesppidd:
did you go to school at all??
No sir. My head teacher died in primary 1. So I had to stop school. Uncle educationist what did I say wrong to irk your faulty cerebrum to ask me such a malevolent question?
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by goodychet: 8:50am On Oct 10, 2018
Bible writer born in our time. Keep on....!!!!
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 10, 2018
J2381:
this description doesn't fit any politician in Nigeria.
You think? Maybe/maybe not...the beautiful thing is that you and I and countless other Nigerians are re-evaluating the polity and the ruling class and asking for more...we are on our way there...that in itself is progressive, we start holding our leadership accountable, making demand of them and holding them accountable...that is the revolution we need. We must put aside our prejudices and ethnic sentiments and only look out for Patriots and Nationalists...we must stop this culture of praise singing elected officials and start asking questions and making demands...true power reside with the people, we must understand that...at every level and strata of society
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by J2381: 9:01am On Oct 10, 2018
BlaqCoffee109:
You think? Maybe/maybe not...the beautiful thing is that you and I and countless other Nigerians are re-evaluating the polity and the ruling class and asking for more...we are on our way there...that in itself is progressive, we start holding our leadership accountable, making demand of them and holding them accountable...that is the revolution we need. We must put aside our prejudices and ethnic sentiments and only look out for Patriots and Nationalists...we must stop this culture of praise singing elected officials and start asking questions and making demands...true power reside with the people, we must understand that...at every level and strata of society
you should tell this to the average northerner who doesn't believe in anything you just typed.

You and I are a very small part of a bigger Nigeria who have been brainwashed with religion and tribe.
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by mudiana(m): 9:13am On Oct 10, 2018
Anything is better than Buhari including a goat, I mean ewure.
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by thewesternking: 9:16am On Oct 10, 2018
Indeed it's Shocking OBJ be like naija never sabi this Thief till now?
kahal29:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo was shocked when he heard that it was ex- Vice President Atiku Abubakar that emerged as the presidential flag bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), sources familiar with the politics of the former leader, told Daily Trust.

Atiku was one of the 12 presidential aspirants of the PDP who slugged it on Saturday in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, at a time many analysts predicted that Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal would carry the day.

However, when Atiku emerged winner on Sunday, different media reports suggested that his fortune during the contest swelled after a last minute high profile discussions and realignments by former Nigerian leaders and other military generals.

Obasanjo, ex-Military President Ibrahim Babangida, ex-Head of State Abdulsalami Abubakar and General T.Y. Danjuma, allegedly agreed, and thereafter reached out to PDP governors, other party leaders and ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on the need to rally round Atiku to emerge as PDP candidate.

But one of our sources said the purported endorsement by Obasanjo was the creation of the media.

The “ex-president was rather shocked when he heard that Atiku was the winner during the primaries. He did not endorse his candidature, at least for now and the former president did not hold any meeting with any general while the convention was taking place,” the source said.

“And with all sincerity, none of the people mentioned that they worked together to help Atiku contact Obasanjo on the issue…They all knew his stand on the former VP,” he said.

Obasanjo, who claimed he had retired from partisan politics, had withdrawn his support for President Muhammadu Buhari even as he had repeatedly called for the defeat of both the ruling APC and the opposition PDP.

Another source said Obasanjo would in the coming days speak on his impression about Atiku’s candidature, saying “He is at present studying how things are unravelling.”

Obasanjo, whose misunderstanding with Atiku dates back to 2007, had in August said of his former vice president: “How can I be on the same side with Atiku? To do what?

“If I support Atiku for anything, God will not forgive me. If I do not know, yes. But once I know, Atiku can never enjoy my support,” he had said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/presidency-obasanjo-shocked-over-atikus-emergence-as-pdp-flag-bearer.html
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by Cocolatti(m): 9:17am On Oct 10, 2018
Aufbauh:
Truthfully so. The Obj i know won't succumb to pressure easily against his conviction even if he has to work alone.

Take it or leave it, Obj knows Atiku political tendencies more than anyone. So i can't wait for Baba Iyabo to tell us what he knows about this man Atiku that make him resent the man this much.
You will wait forever. The only reason OBJ hates Atiku is because he fought against his Third term ambition. #sayNoToObasanjo
#sayNoToBuhari
#sayNoToMilitaryDictatorship
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by AreaFada2: 9:17am On Oct 10, 2018
Aufbauh:
Truthfully so. The Obj i know won't succumb to pressure easily against his conviction even if he has to work alone.

Take it or leave it, Obj knows Atiku political tendencies more than anyone. So i can't wait for Baba Iyabo to tell us what he knows about this man Atiku that make him resent the man this much.

OBJ already said what he knows: That he had to kneel down to beg Atiku to allow him contest again in 2003, otherwise Atiku was ready to stop him, that Atiku believes in marabout and that Atiku bribed NASS members. But OBJ slyly refused to tell us that Atiku was vehemently against his botched Third Term Agenda. grin cheesy

Now tell me anything above that Atiku is alleged to have done that most Nigerian politicians do not do. Ngige whose Okija shrine pictures are still online is Minister of Labour under Buhari right now. Under God knows how much Ghana Must Go bags OBJ sent to NASS to thwart the threats from Okadigbo & Ghali N'Abba.

So nothing dey happen. He should better Atikulate because Atiku knows even more about OBJ's looting.

Remember OBJ was in charge of the yam & the knife for 8 years. Atiku was only a keenly watching messenger who sometimes got crumbs from the table. OBJ's carefully laundered image since 2007 very much at risk here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by thewesternking: 9:23am On Oct 10, 2018
kahal29:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo was shocked when he heard that it was ex- Vice President Atiku Abubakar that emerged as the presidential flag bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), sources familiar with the politics of the former leader, told Daily Trust.

Atiku was one of the 12 presidential aspirants of the PDP who slugged it on Saturday in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, at a time many analysts predicted that Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal would carry the day.

However, when Atiku emerged winner on Sunday, different media reports suggested that his fortune during the contest swelled after a last minute high profile discussions and realignments by former Nigerian leaders and other military generals.

Obasanjo, ex-Military President Ibrahim Babangida, ex-Head of State Abdulsalami Abubakar and General T.Y. Danjuma, allegedly agreed, and thereafter reached out to PDP governors, other party leaders and ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on the need to rally round Atiku to emerge as PDP candidate.

But one of our sources said the purported endorsement by Obasanjo was the creation of the media.

The “ex-president was rather shocked when he heard that Atiku was the winner during the primaries. He did not endorse his candidature, at least for now and the former president did not hold any meeting with any general while the convention was taking place,” the source said.

“And with all sincerity, none of the people mentioned that they worked together to help Atiku contact Obasanjo on the issue…They all knew his stand on the former VP,” he said.

Obasanjo, who claimed he had retired from partisan politics, had withdrawn his support for President Muhammadu Buhari even as he had repeatedly called for the defeat of both the ruling APC and the opposition PDP.

Another source said Obasanjo would in the coming days speak on his impression about Atiku’s candidature, saying “He is at present studying how things are unravelling.”

Obasanjo, whose misunderstanding with Atiku dates back to 2007, had in August said of his former vice president: “How can I be on the same side with Atiku? To do what?

“If I support Atiku for anything, God will not forgive me. If I do not know, yes. But once I know, Atiku can never enjoy my support,” he had said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/presidency-obasanjo-shocked-over-atikus-emergence-as-pdp-flag-bearer.html
Indeed it is shocking OBJ can't believe that Nigerians can forget or overlook Atiku's history of misusing his office
Re: Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ by Massdamm(m): 9:24am On Oct 10, 2018
NNAMDIII:
Exactly!! Nigerians don dey get sense. If we vote for Atiku and he doesn't do anything we'll remove him in 2023
naxo e easy to remove em

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Campaigns In Tafawa Balewa LGA, Bauchi (Photos) / Pray For Us Suffering In Sambisa Forest;Soldier Begs Nigerians Ahead Of Xmas.PIC / Video Of Lagos Catholic Church Where Hoodlums Snatched PVC Registration Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.