Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? (3313 Views)

Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) / Peter Obi Will Score More Votes Than A SW APC Candidate / Gambari Is Not A SW Son But A Fulani Prince And Descendant Of Alimi- FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by gratiaeo(m): 7:58am On Oct 10, 2018
RevenGeMission:
Sensible people won't reason like this

Not all Yoruba hates PDP , and definitely not all Yoruba loves APC , You vote who you want based on your belief , we are not follow follow people , we make decisions after weighing our options

Now to answer the stupid question, it's about keeping Yoruba in power , Political Permutation, already we have people capable of being presidents , let's start with Fashola , Ambode , Osibanjo , even Jagaban(But i doubt he's interested) and the young Vibrant youth Sowore

Having Yoruba VP is called Training or Internship ... Power is coming to the south west in the next 4 years , Osibanjo , Fashola, Ambode and whoever the hell PDP picks are being subliminally planted into your brains , they will be popular and well known , if any of them comes out for presidency , you dolts have no choice but to vote them into power

Oh and even Potor residents love Osibanjo more than Buhari , just find one popular idiot from Potor land, give him VP , Give Osibanjo Presidency , come and see how your people will come out in droves to vote for Osibanjo , even though he was mentored by Buhari

hahahahahahah

Eee tii ri nkan kan

What a senseless submission

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by IbrahimDamola: 7:59am On Oct 10, 2018
hucienda:
This election has exposed Nigeria's fault lines as Atiku is in a Catch-22 situation.

Imagine him picking a SW VP and going to campaign say in Onitsha or Aba, folks there would be like ''so we are good for just votes and not the office abi?"

Imagine him picking a SE VP and going to campaign in Abeokuta or Ibadan, folks there would be like "why should we move from certainty (as we currently have the VP) to uncertainty?"

Analyzing both scenarios his safest bet would be to pick a SE VP, as that would give further drive to folks from there across the country to the ballot box since it would be the first time in 20 years since the dawn of the Fourth Republic that one of theirs would be on the ticket of any of the major political parties and secondly, since there is hardly any incentive for the SW to leave their current VP and 6-state APC regional stronghold to vote for the PDP. Also, recent historical data of votes from the region always shows a split in the votes not like the block votes of say the NW, SE and SS. Atiku needs his data analytics team to be crunch the numbers and hedge their bets to make the right, optimal choice. Good luck to him.

An Atiku+SE will ginger many Eastern voters who have never voted in their lives, many as old as 35 years and 40 years will have a reason to vote for the first time in their lives in 2019 with an Atiku+SE VP.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by kotv: 8:01am On Oct 10, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

You are being emotional my dear aburo, I'm talk facts. There is NO guarantee Osibande is becoming president in 2023, he can't withstand the heavyweight of a North+East alliance. Even Baba Awolowo with his Ogboni 'strong head' couldn't. The only way power is returning to the south is if it is coming East, which is rightfully their turn. grin

All southern zone would not get the president slot anytime soon. The yorubas destroyed the chance for all of us with that lifeless one they brought onto us. Due to what happened, the SE wouldn't vote for a SW presidency neither will SW vote for SE presidency. Sadly, whoever from the south will need at least 25% from South. The person can gain it from SS but the guarantee is slim. The Yoruba has delta south and central and edo that'll vote for them while the ibos has ibos in ss that'll vote for them plus the ethnicities closest to them. My people, ijaw, will be deciding factor of where ss votes goes based on who is the best option for us. Either way, with such division, I do not see the president position going to south anytime soon. Both yoruba and ibos are wasting their time on the 2023 president position. The yoruba destroyed any southern unity being built and Kanu came and burned the remaining to the ground.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by IbrahimDamola: 8:04am On Oct 10, 2018
bishopkay:

Whenever you speak, you spew so much hate garnished with all sorts of rubbish! So in your infantile brain, a SE and SW ticket can work in this country for 2023 abi or even the nearest future?

I have come to understand that you fools supporting the dullard do so not for your claims of him to continue his "good works", because apparently, there are no good works to support him for...non what so ever. You dolts support him because you feel he'd hand over to a yoruba but unfortunately, you people don't have what it takes to arm twist Nigerians into your wish and I believe there are still sensible detribalized yorubas who share my line of thought.

More painful is the fact some of you claim to be Patriots. You ain't Patriots, y'all just 2 faced cut throat nit-wits who hide under the cloak of patriotism to spread hate and chaos because patriotism isn't loyalty to a president but to the cause of the nation.

And For your information also, the MB has always been the deciding factor for presidential election wins, not the SW and I guess you know they are not smiling with the dullard? SW votes have always been split and would remain like that in a long time due to enlightened folks there.
I sincerely hope the PDP and Atiku don't fall into the trap you snakes are setting for him just like they didn't fall into the tambuwal and Saraki presidential ticket snare.

Well said... Very well said.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by gratiaeo(m): 8:05am On Oct 10, 2018
livelymatilda22:
Hypocrisy is when you scream Biafra or death in the morning ,then scream Vice president at night.. grin

What do you really want?

1...Biafra?
2...Referendum?
3...Vice president?

I thought your leader nnamdi kanu ordered you guys not to vote in 2019 without referendum?
Stupidity is when you shout PDP is dead in the morning, then shout vp at night

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by IbrahimDamola: 8:12am On Oct 10, 2018
gratiaeo:

Stupidity is when you shout PDP is dead in the morning, then shout vp at night

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by bishopkay: 8:29am On Oct 10, 2018
RevenGeMission:
When did you withdraw your support for Saraki ? i saw you praising him rooting for him

Odinary cocaine Pusher (According to dolts from Potor region) Tinubu fucccked him up in Ekiti , Osun and Presidential Primaries

when you know what you are saying i will discuss with you , until then, have a lovely morning

You are so full of sh1t! I've never rooted for Saraki for president under any pretext Both here and in real life. if you can find any post I did, copy me your bank account details and I'd credit you 100k immediately this morning. The few nairalanders who know me personally know I'm a man of my words So bring it on!

While at it also, ask yourself if this is the Nigeria you want your kids or their kids to grow in? What's the hope of the Nigerian youth with this kind of rudderless leadership? Why can't we move past our tribal sentiments and work for this country to be better?
The worse sin a man can do is a sin against his conscience but Most of you have branded your conscience with hate yet you call others children of hate (this last line also goes to the tribal bigots from the SE and the north).

We need to heal this country, we need to heal our minds because we are Nigerians first before our tribes.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by macb2k: 8:33am On Oct 10, 2018
So that they can use it to campaign against PDP in south east and the Igbo's in general that PDP has neglected them since 1999 despite their loyalty to the party and thereafter ask them to support APC that by 2023 they will produce president... All na talk talk

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by hucienda: 8:35am On Oct 10, 2018
All this battle is a precursor to when next the presidency is zoned to the south by the major political parties.

The Yoruba are most likely to clinch the ticket in the APC since they are practically all-in in the party and the Igbo not really entrenched in the party with only one state at the moment, while the Igbo could likely clinch it in the PDP as they currently have three states in the PDP column with the Yoruba currently having none as virtually all Yoruba prominent politicians are not in the party.

Say Buhari is declared winner, 2023 would be the political battle between the Igbo and Yoruba.

Say Atiku is declared winner, and he suddenly decides to recontest in 2023 and the APC presents most likely Tinubu, that would be another different scenario altogether. If he doesn't recontest, 2023 would be interesting in the southern part of the country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by ariesbull: 8:52am On Oct 10, 2018
RevenGeMission:

kINDLY REBOOT your brain and your eyes, i never claimed APC or PDP are loved equally otherwise why would Adeleke Nearly win IleriOluwa ?

decisions are made on present interests and carefully weighed options in Yoruba land that's what i said

Nd what you said is meaningless

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by roolnaado(m): 10:03am On Oct 10, 2018
hucienda:
This election has exposed Nigeria's fault lines as Atiku is in a Catch-22 situation.

Imagine him picking a SW VP and going to campaign say in Onitsha or Aba, folks there would be like ''so we are good for just votes and not the office abi?"

Imagine him picking a SE VP and going to campaign in Abeokuta or Ibadan, folks there would be like "why should we move from certainty (as we currently have the VP) to uncertainty?"

Analyzing both scenarios his safest bet would be to pick a SE VP, as that would give further drive to folks from there across the country to the ballot box since it would be the first time in 20 years since the dawn of the Fourth Republic that one of theirs would be on the ticket of any of the major political parties and secondly, since there is hardly any incentive for the SW to leave their current VP and 6-state APC regional stronghold to vote for the PDP. Also, recent historical data of votes from the region always shows a split in the votes not like the block votes of say the NW, SE and SS. Atiku needs his data analytics team to crunch the numbers and hedge their bets to make the right, optimal choice. Good luck to him.

My bro

Only staunch SW Apc supporters will think of voting the Apc come 2019. Most SWners are fed up with this present case. A great example is the osun election despite the ruling party's visible manipulations

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by Modarun(m): 10:21am On Oct 10, 2018
Yomboy4ever:

Cos no candidate has won a presidential election without the support of the Yoruba. Proof me. Wrong but unfortunately they just want to help you guyz get somthing better ni. No vacancy in aso rock

Obasanjo won it without the support of Yorubas, The South west went for Atiku in 2007, still couldnt win cos PDP won all their elections without caring about where the Yorubas tent tilted. lol. The only time the Yorubas became relevant was in 2015 and that one is also a false relevance as the Core north has told you, The ture is the Christian Middle belt am talking about Benue, Patetau and so on tilted the electiin to the APC, they are still the ones that will determin who will win it. So you guys should stop all the empty noise. Unlike your tribalistic Party the APC, The PDP is known to always carry people along, Atiku their candidate is also known to be a federalist to the core. Your hatred and penchant for partiality is why you guys are still rooting for Buhari, an empty lifeless fossil that always delegates his responsobilities to incompetent family members. You brag so much about sophistication, but the destiny of a sophisticated society can never be determined by one man. Yorubas sophistication is merely an abillity to double speak and cheat others, how else can they be supporting this lifeless President? They are decievibg themselves cos the rest of Nigerians know its cos of their selfish greed to clinch the presidency. So the rest of the country should burn down simply cos Tinubu wants to be President. All this noise is simply down to use of instrument of state to suppress the progress of others, but its good that the North central now see you guys for who you truely are. keep exposing yourselves. This is life, its not about who is faster.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by omoharry(f): 10:25am On Oct 10, 2018
hucienda:

Analyzing both scenarios his safest bet would be to pick a SE VP, as that would give further drive to folks from there across the country to the ballot box since it would be the first time in 20 years since the dawn of the Fourth Republic that one of theirs would be on the ticket of any of the major political parties and secondly, since there is hardly any incentive for the SW to leave their current VP and 6-state APC regional stronghold to vote for the PDP. Also, recent historical data of votes from the region always shows a split in the votes not like the block votes of say the NW, SE and SS. Atiku needs his data analytics team to crunch the numbers and hedge their bets to make the right, optimal choice. Good luck to him.
I see sense in your post.nice one
Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by IbrahimDamola: 10:31am On Oct 10, 2018
Lalasticlala eh.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by ModsareChevres: 11:02am On Oct 10, 2018
ariesbull:

For me to believe that yoruba love PDP show us one state or local government that is PDP in the whole region of SW

Then the works can take you seriously

PDP won Osun.

What will Igbos gain or lose if they decide not to support Atiku and he loses to Buhari running with an Osinbajo
Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by Ziggylady(f): 11:29am On Oct 10, 2018
IbrahimDamola:
Everyone here have noticed a recent trend- Apc supporters (including their poorly paid beasts of burden known popularly as 'Buhari media center (BMC) zombies' from SW are asking PDP a party they've laboured so hard to destroy for past 4 years to gift the SW zone the VP ticket even though they know SW are unreliable and won't give block votes to PDP, no matter the circumstance.

Do they suddenly 'mean well' for PDP or are they trying to goad PDP to mock the East and destroy itself? Let's discuss grin

lol!! You are something else.

...but seriously is anyone fooled by their childish antics??...imagine your enemy giving you tips on how to have the upper hand against them in a battle they are desperate to win? ...It is only afonjamudeens who will expect anyone least of all Igbos to be fooled and heed their nonsense..

For their mind now they are playing 'suffersticated' politics and are very 'intelligent' embarassed lipsrsealed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:44am On Oct 10, 2018
Yomboy4ever:

Cos no candidate has won a presidential election without the support of the Yoruba. Proof me. Wrong but unfortunately they just want to help you guyz get somthing better ni. No vacancy in aso rock

Obasanjo in 99,Shagari in 1979 and 1983,Balewa in 1960 and 64.Yaradua in 2007

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by basilo101: 11:54am On Oct 10, 2018
Yomboy4ever:

Obasanjo and shagari won without Yorubas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by basilo101: 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2018
kotv:

You claimed there have never been a president that won without yoruba support, I gave you one who is yoruba. Yoruba does not matter in scheme of things. The deciding factor have always been NC. GEJ is a perfect example, he won the first time because of NC and equally lost the second time because of NC despite Yoruba deceiving themselves it's because of them.
The margin in sw vote in last election was barely 100k. Yet they brag most

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by basilo101: 12:06pm On Oct 10, 2018
livelymatilda22:
Hypocrisy is when you scream Biafra or death in the morning ,then scream Vice president at night.. grin

What do you really want?

1...Biafra?
2...Referendum?
3...Vice president?

I thought your leader nnamdi kanu ordered you guys not to vote in 2019 without referendum?
Thank God you now know that you are not the only one capable of hypocrisy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by basilo101: 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2018
livelymatilda22:

If this is really the case, why are you complaining of MARGINALIZATION? grin
Even when yorubad are marginalized they will cowardly keep quiet. Two of your ministerial slots have been taken over by the North but the cowards can't talk

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by adekennis(m): 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2018
We dont hate Igbos,we only hate corrupt Igbos and misguided ones like you...Have you ever seen a Yoruba person talk bad about Late prof Akiyuili even when she was alive? She's one Igbos with integrity.

devindevin2000:
The reason will shock you...ATIKU WILL PICK IGBO VP. That's a NO NO for Yoruba. Tomorrow they will tell you, Southerners lets unite, Southerners lets be one, Southerners lets for a coalition, but they are the first to always stab a fellow Southerner in the back like they stabbed GEJ only because he surrounded himself with Igbos and saw video of PEJ speaking Igbo. That video of PEJ speaking Igbo was the last straw, because they thought she was a "SS" with no affiliation to Igbos as they foolishly always think of SS people, LOL. From that day, she became their enemy number one. Why did you think they starting hating that woman for no reason? Even Diezani, why do you think they hate her? Because she has affiliation to Igbo. You think they will hate Deizani if her name was Aisha or Adeosun? Hypocrites! An afonja wrote here in 2015 he would rather suffer under Buhari than to see GEJ surrounded by Igbos even if the economy is doing well. I'll never forget that post!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by IbrahimDamola: 2:06pm On Oct 10, 2018
adekennis:
We dont hate Igbos,we only hate corrupt Igbos and misguided ones like you...Have you ever seen a Yoruba person talk bad about Late prof Akiyuili even when she was alive? She's one Igbos with integrity.

Have you ever seen an Igbo man talk bad about Chief Gani Fawehmi, the most upright yoruba man who would have lampooned the tyrannical terrorist if he were still alive because he really suffered a lot of injustice in buharri tyranical military regime. Yorubas lost a demagogue in that man Gani.

I actually voted him for presidency during his lifetime. I was a card carrying member of NCP because of Pa Gani. He was alive when Buhari contested twice, but did you see him support buhari for once. He knew booohari was a nepotistic fundamentalist without certificate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by ariesbull: 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2018
ModsareChevres:

PDP won Osun.

What will Igbos gain or lose if they decide not to support Atiku and he loses to Buhari running with an Osinbajo

PDP win Osun ? Nawa for lies
Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by Westbestside: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

yorubas have always been on the losing side 'opposition' for a long time until recently in 2015 just few years ago, now they call it a winning 'streak'. Our yorubas have redefined the meaning of ' winning streak' in the nigerian politicosphere. grin

But, but in all those time, only northerners are the winners na. The way you are gloating, one would think it is a igbo man. Can any igbo man win in nigeria. But, but, abiola won with igbo na grin
Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by Westbestside: 2:38pm On Oct 10, 2018
basilo101:

Even when yorubad are marginalized they will cowardly keep quiet. Two of your ministerial slots have been taken over by the North but the cowards can't talk
Shut your smelly akpu mouth, we are not marginalised, we are not wailers. We do not belong to the family of ghommids.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by Westbestside: 2:43pm On Oct 10, 2018
Modarun:

Obasanjo won it without the support of Yoruba, The South west went for Atiku in 2007, still couldnt win, cos PDP won all their electiins without caring about where the Yorubas tent tilted. lol. the only time the Yorubas became relevant was in 2015. And that one is also a false relevance as the Core north has told you. The Middle belt will determin who will win it. So you guys should stop all the empty noise. Unlike your tribalistic Party the APC, The PDP is known to always carry people along, Atiku their candidate is also known to be a federalist to the core. Your hatred and penchant for partiality is why you guys are still rooting for Buhari an empty lifeless fossil that always delegates his responsobilities to incompetent family members. You brag so much about sophistication, but Yorubas sophistication is mere abillity to double speak and cheating others, how els can one man determine the destiny of an entire race? all this noise is simply down to use of insyrument of state to suppress the progress of others, but its good that the North central now see you guys for who you teuely are. keep exposing yourselves. This is life, its not about who is faster.
Same yorubas won it for mko abiola. When has igbo become relevant in nigeria. I am happy you know yoruba have been in opposition until recenyly. This is a clear fact that igbos have be slave to fulanis for long.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by basilo101: 2:50pm On Oct 10, 2018
kotv:

All southern zone would not get the president slot anytime soon. The yorubas destroyed the chance for all of us with that lifeless one they brought onto us. Due to what happened, the SE wouldn't vote for a SW presidency neither will SW vote for SE presidency. Sadly, whoever from the south will need at least 25% from South. The person can gain it from SS but the guarantee is slim. The Yoruba has delta south and central and edo that'll vote for them while the ibos has ibos in ss that'll vote for them plus the ethnicities closest to them. My people, ijaw, will be deciding factor of where ss votes goes based on who is the best option for us. Either way, with such division, I do not see the president position going to south anytime soon. Both yoruba and ibos are wasting their time on the 2023 president position. The yoruba destroyed any southern unity being built and Kanu came and burned the remaining to the ground.
Exactly. Right now we need your support for vp, you will need our later. You also had our support for GEJ. Right now southern presidency is very unlikely in nearest future no thanks to yorubas
Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by basilo101: 2:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
Westbestside:
Shut your smelly akpu mouth, we are not marginalised, we are not wailers. We do not belong to the family of ghommids.
Lol. Ok na grin
Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by basilo101: 2:54pm On Oct 10, 2018
Westbestside:
But, but in all those time, only northerners are the winners na. The way you are gloating, one would think it is a igbo man. Can any igbo man win in nigeria. But, but, abiola won with igbo na grin
Don't shift the goalpost. The argument is about whether anybody can win without SW
Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by basilo101: 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2018
adekennis:

Stop flattering yourself as if anybody needs your approval. One thing is for sure. any hate will be reciprocated hundredfold
Re: Why Are Yoruba Apc Members Keen On A Sw Vp For Pdp? by DSoj(m): 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2018
Shut up. SW is not keen on vp to Atiku.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP CAMPAIGN RALLY: Caption This Abubakar Atiku Photo Pose / Debate: PMB , Atiku’s Absence, A Slap On Nigerians – Olawepo-hashim / BREAKING: Anonymous Hackers Shut Down Presidential Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.