Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity (32801 Views)

World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) / The Tree That Bleeds Like Human (Facts And Pictures) / The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by Jokerman(m): 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2018
xtophy1:
It is impossible.

An engineer never says never...
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by xtophy1(m): 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2018
Jokerman:

Why?? have you carried out a research, or any literature to back up your claims??
some things dont require any research. The brass pins of the plug to that socket will surely be of the length. So, where is d idea of your live and your neutral when what is running into pin A is running into pin B??
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by xtophy1(m): 12:25pm On Oct 10, 2018
Jokerman:

An engineer never says never...
You can say that for a scientist, but for an engineer, A TREE CANNOT GENERATE ELECTRICITY
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by princetom1(m): 12:28pm On Oct 10, 2018
xtophy1:
I don't know how ppl believe these kind of things... I'm an Electrical Engineer and I can say this is not scientifically possible. Its not even a direct current supply. Alternating current for that matter

Bros, look the pic again... They just pass wire through it, they drilled that tree... See wire on the other side for clarification
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by xtophy1(m): 12:30pm On Oct 10, 2018
princetom1:

Bros, look the pic again... They just pass wire through it, they drilled that tree... See wire on the other side for clarification
THAT IS EXACTLY MY POINT. THE OP SAID ITS THE TREE THAT IS GENERATING/SUPPLYING ELECTRICITY, WHICH IS TECHNICALLY WRONG. ANY INSULATOR CAN SERVE WHAT THE TREE IS SERVING.
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by princetom1(m): 12:32pm On Oct 10, 2018
xtophy1:
THAT IS EXACTLY MY POINT. THE OP SAID ITS THE TREE THAT IS GENERATING/SUPPLYING ELECTRICITY, WHICH IS TECHNICALLY WRONG. ANY INSULATOR CAN SERVE WHAT THE TREE IS SERVING.

Alright
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by Lawbaron: 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2018
xtophy1:
I don't know how ppl believe these kind of things... I'm an Electrical Engineer and I can say this is not scientifically possible. Its not even a direct current supply. Alternating current for that matter
I am not sure you are a Nigerian
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by Lawbaron: 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2018
xtophy1:
I am not sure you are a Nigerian.
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by Jokerman(m): 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2018
xtophy1:
some things dont require any research. The brass pins of the plug to that socket will surely be of the length. So, where is d idea of your live and your neutral when what is running into pin A is running into pin B??

Lol... so you mean pins are the reasons why electricity cannot be generated from a tree??

Lol... if I install a module in the tree nko?? or if I insert impurities into the tree to make it a conductor of electricity??
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by xtophy1(m): 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
Jokerman:

Lol... so you mean pins are the reasons why electricity cannot be generated from a tree??

Lol... if I install a module in the tree nko?? or if I insert impurities into the tree to make it a conductor of electricity??
YOU ARE MOVING FARTHER FROM THE ISSUE AT HAND. THE OP SAID THE TREE GENERATES ELECTRICITY AND IT IS TECHNICALLY WRONG.

OKAY, YOUR IDEA IS TO INSTALL A MODULE INTO THE TREE RIGHT WHAT WILL POWER YOUR MODULE??
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by xtophy1(m): 12:54pm On Oct 10, 2018
I AM DONE ARGUING WITH ANYBODY.
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by Jokerman(m): 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2018
xtophy1:
YOU ARE MOVING FARTHER FROM THE ISSUE AT HAND. THE OP SAID THE TREE GENERATES ELECTRICITY AND IT IS TECHNICALLY WRONG.

OKAY, YOUR IDEA IS TO INSTALL A MODULE INTO THE TREE RIGHT WHAT WILL POWER YOUR MODULE??

Lol... what are batteries for?? or don't you know I can build my modules as a self generating source?? I know it would sound strange to you though....

And never say never bro... if electricity can be generated from water, from wind, from biodiesel, from fossils, from the sun, then never say never... This days engineers tweak the properties to different engineering materials to form a single form of output...

Stop thinking engineering is about bolt, screwdriver and nuts alone... working too much as a technician has really shifted your meaning of the word 'Engineer'..

Study more bro..

1 Like

Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2018
PqsMike:

That is not Nigeria
We don't use such socket

I use such socket in my house in Nigeria. My uncle also does.

Many returnees use 110V
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 10, 2018
"appellation oojamaflip".
simple!
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 10, 2018
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by TAYO124: 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2018
It’s not real.
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by TAYO124: 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2018
It’s not real.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by Exponental(m): 5:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
xtophy1:
Very possible. Drill the tree. Give it an AC source..... that's all!!!! You can see cables behind, a possible supply source.
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by horia: 6:12pm On Oct 10, 2018
xtophy1:
Guy, why can't you just use b****s b4 telling us Scientifical possibilities and ur prof. Don't u see wires behind. What If the tree was just used as a hold 4 the socket by the way, the background looks busy.
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by stieyven(m): 6:17pm On Oct 10, 2018
pzphoto:
Me ; Tree of life

Lol

News via Praizenews ; http://www.praizenews.com/caption-this-tree-supplying-electricity/

DO NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD IN VAIN, neither take heavenly phenomenons in vain. The tree of life is not something to trifle with.
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by horia: 6:19pm On Oct 10, 2018
xtophy1:

You are still wrong. The tree doesn't supply electricity. Its just like saying a socket supply electricity, that is technically wrong. A generator or a power plant (A.C) can only supply electricity
you are talking like a freshman.
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by Mayordanny: 8:59pm On Oct 10, 2018
horia:
Guy, why can't you just use b****s b4 telling us Scientifical possibilities and ur prof. Don't u see wires behind. What If the tree was just used as a hold 4 the socket by the way, the background looks busy.

Exactly what the guy was saying since, the tree is not supplying electricity, contrary to what the Op wrote
Re: Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity by GetCofOProperty: 10:23am On Oct 11, 2018
Wonderful works of Africans.... I guess this particular tree will be in one of the Nigerian towns.

Check our signature below on how to get on PROMO affordable titled lands & properties in good location with Rest of mind. And click the WhatsApp link to reach out to us or how you can be a part of the business part of Real Estate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

David Oluwatobiloba Adeyemi Invents eco-E, Multi-Purpose Cleaner / Cheapest MTN Monthly Data Bundle 1Gig = 1k (www.nairashopping.com) / Deaf Man Builds Locally Made Tipper Truck In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.