Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,417 members, 7,781,209 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:41 AM

Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones (3249 Views)

List of The Best Selling phones of 2019 / Hot Selling Phones On Jumia / 10 Best Selling Phones Of All Time (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by enny66(m): 9:52am On Oct 10, 2018
A market research by Euromonitor International just confirmed what most phone aficionados already know about Tecno phones in Nigeria. Tecno, from the results of the research, is the dominant brand in the Nigerian market. At the moment, 41 percent of mobile phones in Nigeria are Tecno-branded devices.

However, the biggest winner in the battle for supremacy is Transsion Holdings, the owners of Tecno.

Two other brands from them, itel and Infinix, occupy the second (25.8 percent) and fourth (8.5 percent) position respectively.
In effect, Transsion Holdings, makers of Tecno, itel and Infinix mobile phones controls 75% of the entire Nigerian mobile phone market.
This is a clear dominance of a market that has a high population growth rate with low to middle-income earners making up a large proportion of the working demographics.

Why Tecno is popular
Since 2006 when Tecno hit the Nigerian market, Transsion Holdings have made Nigeria and Africa their primary market. From having a presence in Asia and Africa, they have now focused all their marketing efforts in Africa.
The result is a stronger presence in Nigeria and Africa than any other brand and a vast distribution network. Added to that is the variety of phones that are affordable to all income brackets in Nigeria and other African countries.

The Euromonitor report supported this view:
“The Tecno brand ranks first with a strong volume share, while itel ranks second. Transsion Holdings also controls smartphones in volume terms due to the growing awareness, affordability and strong promotional and marketing activities of its three brands: Tecno, Infinix, and itel.
“The company created a niche by providing varieties of smartphones to meet the needs of diverse income segments of the growing population. For example, the Tecno brand is targeted at middle-income consumers, while Infinix and itel brands are targeted at middle- and low-income consumers, respectively.”

See Other Top-selling Phones https://naijmobile.com/tecno-highest-selling-phone-in-nigeria/

Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by pode(m): 10:04am On Oct 10, 2018
Na their (tecno) way be that see even itel cane out second nawao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 10, 2018
What measure did Euromonitor use to rate tecno as the highest selling brand? Talk is cheap

1 Like

Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Ennyholar: 10:10am On Oct 10, 2018
As expected...Tecno made a lot of sales with their Camon CX and Tecno Spark. Congratulations to them.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by oxygenlove(m): 10:11am On Oct 10, 2018
hahahaha...... reckno and shitfinix.... mtk shitty devices.... ..

i jump ham pass

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Rubiesangel: 10:43am On Oct 10, 2018
Expectedly so. The force behind their marketing is second to know, they deserve it.
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Psoulsport(m): 10:59am On Oct 10, 2018
Please who didn't see this coming?

With all the awareness, engaging the youth and promoting and making their brand cost friendly which is what we need in Nigeria today...

Tecno deserve to be top...

Who else agree with me?

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by HarryDuce(m): 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2018
Nokia sells more than Samsung? well, that's surprising.
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by chicwoman(f): 1:39pm On Oct 10, 2018
Lol.
So with all the TECNO bashing here, people are still buying it? See why I don’t believe all these online talk. The likes of Tecno, Infinix etc are serving a market and they are doing it well.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by eddyline(m): 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2018
Affordability is one of the major force that moves their sales

1 Like

Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by ddjay: 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2018
well,quality and durability is more prefared and important worldwide than sales, and in nigeria, making more sales is not because of quality but affordability so long you write 13 megapixels and so on weda na true or lie,dem go rush buy am provided that its cheap. thats the more reason why itel will sell more than Samsung, gionee, infinix etc

1 Like

Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by hardeycute(m): 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2018
Rubiesangel:
Expectedly so. The force behind their marketing is second to know none, they deserve it.
Tecno should employ intelligent people to market their products not dullards

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by calddon(m): 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2018
This survey doesnt take in to consideration used phones. Its inACCURATE
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Les: 5:55pm On Oct 10, 2018
Hello everyone, I'm spark plus and techno is my family, if you're my sibling, please indicate! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by soviete(m): 8:16pm On Oct 10, 2018
Les:
Hello everyone, I'm spark plus and techno is my family, if you're my sibling, please indicate! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
i don't use techno.. But what I'm more concerned is this ur moniker.... Les? Are u for real undecided
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Yyvonne: 1:50am On Oct 11, 2018
I'm not surprised.. They really worked hard to attain this.. Thumbs up
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Yyvonne: 1:51am On Oct 11, 2018
Psoulsport:

With all the awareness, engaging the youth and promoting and making their brand cost friendly which is what we need in Nigeria today...

Who else agree with me?
I agree
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Pekuliar: 1:56am On Oct 11, 2018
They've really dominated Nigeria... At least in every 10 phone owners, 8 are tecno users.. They're phones are dope and affordable

Congrats.
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Deeni131: 2:42am On Oct 11, 2018
Please if any body here know someone in KANO state that can install twrp on techno l8 plus should pls and pls let me know. Remember in Kano state. I have been struggling to get it done here in Kano but seems no one know how to do it. Plus guys reply. Or if u can guide me step by step,pls here is my whtspp number :07088443742.thanks
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by femi4: 5:37am On Oct 11, 2018
chicwoman:
Lol.
So with all the TECNO bashing here, people are still buying it? See why I don’t believe all these online talk. The likes of Tecno, Infinix etc are serving a market and they are doing it well.
Its affordable and that's key
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Rubiesangel: 8:51am On Oct 11, 2018
Psoulsport:

Who else agree with me?
I certainly agree with you. Brands need to learn to give back to their society. I saw this coming siiiiiince. Anyway, this is a starting point for Tecno, it only means they can do better to ultimately conquer the Nigerian smart phone market and knock out competitors. Nioce pone from tecno
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Behankey(m): 9:10am On Oct 11, 2018
Why won't they sell? They know what people want and make it happen
Majority doesn't wanna break the bank to be able to afford phones and Tecno brings that.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 11, 2018
das tru thou,tecno hold sway in Nigeria wow,am happy for Nokia,they are gradually makin their come back am a proud nokia 2 user,its bn fantastic all ds while,am a tipetipe Nokia user

1 Like

Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by henry007(m): 9:13am On Oct 11, 2018
HarryDuce:
Nokia sells more than Samsung? well, that's surprising.

Not really. It's not just smartphones. It's feature phones too.
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Rubiesangel: 9:14am On Oct 11, 2018
I saw this coming. Nice one guys.
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by scarycuteface(m): 7:20pm On Oct 12, 2018
Normal stuff. Affordability and availability is key to this. Tecno knows how to do that
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Olodo24: 9:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
itel with their 1gb ram phones at number two. Nigerians must be really broke. e no go better for person wey do us this thing
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Goldyyy: 7:23am On Oct 13, 2018
I saw this coming
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Ejadike(m): 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2018
Na aggressive Marketing Tecno use oo
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Ejadike(m): 3:20pm On Oct 13, 2018
aro1:
das tru thou,tecno hold sway in Nigeria
wow,am happy for Nokia,they are gradually makin their come back
am a proud nokia 2 user,its bn fantastic all ds while,am a tipetipe Nokia user
Nokia is gradually gaining ground
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Freelancerx: 4:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
The economy favours them. And they know that the target audience want. That's why Tecno will continue to be a top brand in Nigeria
Re: Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones by Rubiesangel: 11:11am On Oct 14, 2018
Freelancerx:
The economy favours them. And they know that the target audience want. That's why Tecno will continue to be a top brand in Nigeria
Rightly said. I think its more of Tecno understanding the African market far more than other brands.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Zain Still Browsing? / Tecno BOOM J7 Comes In Second Place On The Top 5 Music Phones For 2015 / American Used Samsung Galaxy Note 8 For Sale (price Reduced)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.