Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,414 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition (42138 Views)

Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output / Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list) / Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by Kindredspirit1(m): 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
If only 28% are jobless, how come I'm still jobless with my Unilorin 2.1 certificate?
Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by JuanDeDios: 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
Unilag number 10? I thought they were number 1?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by Raalsalghul: 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
mayprince:
From the second edition of the Nigeria graduate report by stutern statistics where obtained between 2013-2018 Graduates from Convenant University are the most employable in Nigeria ,followed by UNN then UI,Other key findings from the report shows that 60% of new graduates earn below #50,000 as monthly salary,also unemployment is gender biased as female graduates suffer the most, it was also shown that less than 10% of graduates studied the 10 most employable graduate courses.

https://stutern.com/employers/resources
I disagree with the bolded.
Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 10, 2018
Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 10, 2018
You're much better than who you think you're
Stop looking down on yourself.. Give your dream a chance!
You're Extraordinary!

Rise Up!

Subscribe, Watch, Like & Share this video!

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf5XJ0KKYEI
Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by Bigii(m): 1:54pm On Oct 10, 2018
Library and information science cool

Proudly librarian and I am looking for job
Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by GboyegaD(m): 1:54pm On Oct 10, 2018
One thing I don't understand is how they came about the offline regions as those 5 states listed above since they are states that have people that are very technology savvy. I would have expected to see more of the Northern states in the offline states.
More so, the methodology isn't clear. Did they just ask your course of study, institution of study, and what you do? Did they account for connections and parental status in how the employed ones got their jobs?
Good job well done though and hopefully, they will increase their sample size for future surveys.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by Ttipsy(f): 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2018
nice analysis

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by Ttipsy(f): 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2018
nice analysis
but do bear in mind that the school you attended to, don't determine your chance of getting a job
it's your personal qualifications, how sound and intelligent you are. thanks

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 10, 2018
Although my alma mater made it in the list, what criteria was used to determine this so-called "employability"?
Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by Olarewajub: 1:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
Hail Varsity of Nigeria, My Alma mater

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by JuanDeDios: 1:59pm On Oct 10, 2018
Zieina:
LASU scores points than Unilag? Well.. with LASU's current VC, the stats are well changing.
I don't believe it. I think the research is compromised by its relatively small sample size.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by JuanDeDios: 2:00pm On Oct 10, 2018
Jarus, what do you think of this?
Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by Smile4daddy(m): 2:00pm On Oct 10, 2018
Op you mean say we the grauate of Niger Delta University (NDU) we nor get future?
Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by Adam09: 2:02pm On Oct 10, 2018
Unilag na rubbish school where nonsense lectures with nothing upstairs feel like gods. Unilag should not be in that list.SMH
Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by deleo16(m): 2:10pm On Oct 10, 2018
Says it all "Job seeker more than job itself " ok don't see the relevance of the list If we can't create jobs and solve basic human being problem all this ranking MOST TIME is for pride without corresponding results a country where the budget for education is the lowest same as healthcare

Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by Essienovic(m): 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
My School be repping always!! Great Futminna!!
Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by FrostyButter: 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
leshluap:
I don't understand,5,219 graduates? Across how many states?.. if CU produces 1000 graduates in a particular year, and by the following year, 500 are already employed. (50%).
And UNIBEN, in the same year sends out 10,000 graduates, and only 2,500 get employed within one year, (25%)..

Is the parameters for judgement the same? No,...

we all know, most private uni graduates get employment not necessarily because they are good, but because most of them are 'connected'.

Tell the researchers to take out CU from the list. or they should tell us how they come about their result. lets see the analysis.

Didn't you read his post? Have you seen any unemployed CU graduate. Have you interacted with them? I know a civil engineering firm in Lagos that would only employ CU students. I joke not.

Modified... Was just scrolling through twitter a few moments ago and saw this... I'm tell you CU is the future, stay on nairaland, don't leave your room and be bashing the school.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by AgbalagbaAwo: 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Lies. UI is number one followed by OAU
You will not keep shut, you know better than them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by FrostyButter: 2:15pm On Oct 10, 2018
Kindredspirit1:
If only 28% are jobless, how come I'm still jobless with my Unilorin 2.1 certificate?

Funny enough the remaining 28% are creators of jobs
Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by kd11: 2:15pm On Oct 10, 2018
Unilag students are probably not 1-9 because they are usually the employers (if you know, you know).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by Cumtroller: 2:16pm On Oct 10, 2018
Employ a LAUTECH graduate at your own risk.

The males are very good at all forms of advance fee fraud while their females - na olosho work dem sabi.

I will not say anything about Onabisi Onabanjo University Graduates. No words can describe how useless they are.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by simplesearch: 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2018
The outcome of this survey is highly misleading. It should read, more covenant university graduates easily get fixed-up in high paying Job by their influential parent or Guardian than graduates of any other Institution.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by temitope28(m): 2:18pm On Oct 10, 2018
Team OOU....all the way
Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2018
The most sensible post of the year so far
Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by lexy2014: 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2018
HigherEd:

Sample size is small sha. But i'm very confident that any thorough study would still place CU on top.
I'm also at variance with the research methodology. Whenever you want to do an employability survey, it is better to sample Organizations rather than individuals. If you sampled 5,000 HR managers it could be accepted than 5,000 graduates. If you must sample graduates then be ready to sample at least 150,000 graduates x years of study. After which you would standardize the result according to the graduating class of each university - which would be an incredibly difficult work to do because it would require collecting massive amounts of data. But not impossible.

Anyway kudos to the Stutern team, at least your sample sizes are getting bigger every year.
God bless Covenant university!
although d study had input from jobberman, u equally made some good points about d methodology & sample size. D study might b a bit too narrow

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
Kindredspirit1:

Which course
Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by Endosteed(m): 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2018
Medicine number one.In medicine after completing your six years and go for houseman-ship you are still not really employed.NYSC,then job searching.Quite many of them,I mean the fresh doctors are not employable in our private hospitals (most likely destination) where they are managing small pennies.This is one of the reasons why doctors in Nigeria are looking for greener pastures in Europe.So how medicine got to your summit is debatable.Okay.
Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by mbos: 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2018
where did you get your data in a dataless and lifeless country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition by NNAMDIII(m): 2:46pm On Oct 10, 2018
Racoon:
UNN.If you know then you are the best.Great Lions & Lionesses.Uuummmh!
Yeah bro, I'm proud to be a lion. what department?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Viral Question Unibadan Lecturer Asked His Students During Examinations / Federal Polytechnic Oko Bans Beard, Afro Hair And Trousers, Students Reacts / Pictures Of Nice Structures In Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.