Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" (19597 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by eyinjuege: 7:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
dynicks:
I don't blame her neither do i blame trump! i rather blame d shitty greedy nd bigoted mofos most African leaders turn out to be when elected into positions........

We should be stoning our leaders, especially Nigerian leaders. All of them...
Honestly, I just tire.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by Triangles1(m): 7:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
[quote author=dazzlingd post=71964119]Now this is a sensible way to act.

Someone called your country a shithole and you celebrate just because of political differences. I tell you, it's a shame to whoever cannot stand to defend his nation because when you step out there, no one cares if you are pdp, apc, Yoruba, igbo, Hausa, they see you in person as a shithole person!

Shame on you, you cursed blacks. Inferiority is your menace.[/Oga calm down jor.... Even our leader knows Africa is a shit hole they go out side country for medical check up for headache and you're here ranting.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by chuckjonesbaba(m): 8:02pm On Oct 10, 2018
IMASTEX:

I wonder!

I wonder too
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by chuckjonesbaba(m): 8:05pm On Oct 10, 2018
eyinjuege:

Honestly, I just tire.

I tire too but I strongly believe that we're going through a phase. These leaders will not live forever. Change is coming real soon. Trust me and have faith. Your children and children's offspring in future will look back on this era as our dark ages.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 10, 2018
kmcutez:
All them dumb misogynistic nairalanders will be rushing to this thread just to insult her, not minding the fact that they have not understood what she just said.

Wow, a lesbo & a feminist, you just like to pick the worst of the worst in everything don't you?!

Well you are right , she just threw a jab at one dumb fuvck(Trump)

I still dislike lesbos especially those who top it up with feminism( that alone is cool, cause I don't have to pay for the cosmetics & expensive bags)

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by aureen: 8:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
Chimamanda Adichie, I need you to direct this your assertion to foreign investors who are interested in investing in the economy for the betterment of the whole population.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by NIGHTMAREOO7: 8:45pm On Oct 10, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
cheesy

For Trump's shithole comment, I don't care too but "feminist" cheesy See ring on her finger o, has a child and husband to go to.

U are an illiterate,
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by CaptainKodak(m): 8:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
Something good is finally coming out of this feminist's mouth.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by boringnigerian: 9:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
And the misogynist are already having an aneurysm, despite not understanding a line of what she said

1) Being a feminist does not equal being anti-marriage so those of you asking why she is married might need to consult a dictionary.

2) It seems like some of you guys are just bitter that she's successful and has international repute and keeps getting more successes each day while y'all are stuck in dead-end jobs with no chance of becoming a tenth as successful as she is.

It also seems y'all are bitter that she's making it more difficult for you to manipulate and take advantage of ladies.

Sorry ehn.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by eneyoduke(m): 9:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
So what about the lifeless comment cheesy grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by Elxandre(m): 9:45pm On Oct 10, 2018
She likely holds an American passport even with the I'm not an American line. undecided
Feminism is not the problem we have in Africa jare.
You peole should let us hear word.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2018
Jiang:

Wow, a lesbo & a feminist, you just like to pick the worst of the worst in everything don't you?!

Well you are right , she just threw a jab at one dumb fuvck(Trump)

I still dislike lesbos especially those who top it up with feminism( that alone is cool, cause I don't have to pay for the cosmetics & expensive bags)

Them swear for you. Following me from thread to thread.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
kmcutez:
All them dumb misogynistic nairalanders will be rushing to this thread just to insult her, not minding the fact that they have not understood what she just said.

10/10
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 10, 2018
kmcutez:

Them swear for you. Following me from thread to thread.

I can't help it. I feel obligated to reset & fix people with certain disorders, yours just happens to be on the very first 10 on my list. Just become normal & I shall disappear cheesy

lol, am kidding, it's just a coincidence, no vex abeg

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by ajl: 1:59am On Oct 11, 2018
dynicks:
I don't blame her neither do i blame trump! i rather blame d shitty greedy nd bigoted mofos most African leaders turn out to be when elected into positions........

Nigerians keep blaming leaders. What about the followers who decides to choose terrible individuals even though there is nothing to show those they vote for would perform. Election is around the corner and the way it's going Nigerians are about to willingly waste another 4yrs of their lives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by BabbanBura(m): 6:09am On Oct 11, 2018
Joystark:

Although, I don't understand the lady and her feminism movement sometimes... I love her as a writer, because I also love to write.

So, lemme try and reply you. I don't think she wants men to be weak. I think she wants men to be raised in a way that would let them show and embrace their emotions.
You do not have to be weak to do that, in fact, you actually have to be very strong to pull that off.

I have male friends who have lost loved ones at some point in their lives and they couldn't shed a tear. You would hear stuff like, "it's very unmanly to cry". These pent up feelings pile up and graduate to something else. Some of them resort to violence as a way to blow off steam. Some men in situations like this, could also become depressed... some could take their own lives.

Again, young boys get harrased and molested on a daily. They keep it bottled up. Some grow up to become wife beaters, rapists, or just plain "women haters'. They have to be trained to understand that speaking up, sharing your feelings doesn't make you a weak man.

Finally, Men are quick to resort to violence. Especially in this country. Most men are angry ( Right now with oga bubu in power, I don't blame them); but the average Nigerian man believes violence equates to manliness. However, you can actually talk things over... have an emotionally balanced discussion with people to sort issues out.

So, It's not about bringing up weak men... it is about getting them to embrace their emotions instead of shutting them off.

With these few points of mine, I hope I have been able to convince you and not confuse you....

Ok, my hand don dey pain me, bye.

I buy all of this - how do i make the payment?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by Boyooosa(m): 6:26am On Oct 11, 2018
Make she fix everything together Jere, the piece is scanty.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by Boyooosa(m): 6:32am On Oct 11, 2018
She doesn't know yet our problem in nigeria; she's assuming gender inequality, we know that it is bad management (weak leadership)
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by COMPAQ(m): 6:35am On Oct 11, 2018
Nigeria is a sithole actually!! Go to Dubai, Singapore and Malaysia and you'll agree.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by yahoodotcom: 6:36am On Oct 11, 2018
dazzlingd:
Now this is a sensible way to act.

Someone called your country a shithole and you celebrate just because of political differences. I tell you, it's a shame to whoever cannot stand to defend his nation because when you step out there, no one cares if you are pdp, apc, Yoruba, igbo, Hausa, they see you in person as a shithole person!

Shame on you, you cursed blacks. Inferiority is your menace.
Africa is a shithole thats why she is not in africa. That girl has no shame . She is an hypocrit
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by lowaist101: 6:48am On Oct 11, 2018
She Is Beautiful!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by Joystark(f): 9:16am On Oct 11, 2018
BabbanBura:

I buy all of this - how do i make the payment?

Lol... Account digits incoming.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by dazzlingd(m): 9:40am On Oct 11, 2018
yahoodotcom:

Africa is a shithole thats why she is not in africa. That girl has no shame . She is an hypocrit

Africa is a shithole, but my concern is to those who celebrate that statement shifting their names to leaders, as an African, one is meant to be remorseful and be the change you desire to see in your nation. It's a thing of shame not worth jubilating over just because of political differences.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by naijapage(f): 10:24am On Oct 11, 2018
dynicks:

May God of ALPH LUKAU Help us

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by yahoodotcom: 10:47am On Oct 11, 2018
dazzlingd:

Africa is a shithole, but my concern is to those who celebrate that statement shifting their names to leaders, as an African, one is meant to be remorseful and be the change you desire to see in your nation. It's a thing of shame not worth jubilating over just because of political differences.
The same as atiku itsnt corrupt.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by mamajaz(f): 10:58am On Oct 11, 2018
eyinjuege:

Honestly, I just tire.
You remember the APCheat told us to stone them if they perform below their campaign expectations??

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by eyinjuege: 11:26am On Oct 11, 2018
mamajaz:

You remember the APCheat told us to stone them if they perform below their campaign expectations??

Yes, I wish we could stone all of them, including PDP leaders / politicians who have ever being in power as they are not exempted.
Things have been progressively getting worse since Nigeria became independent as she has had majority of visonless leaders then.
Im not sure if there's hope again. Things have deteriorated to such a level that i doubt if Nigeria can ever recover.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by BabbanBura(m): 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2018
Joystark:

Bring it on - make sure its big woo so it doesn't breakdown!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by doggedfighter(f): 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2018
[quote author=Tamarapetty post=71956159]So in conclusion, what did she say??[/quote

Thanks for asking because I'm asking too.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by BabbanBura(m): 11:54pm On Oct 11, 2018
Joystark:

Joyous, se u know say i bn dey wait for the akant?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Broken Heart*** / GOOD GUY AT 23 / The Burial(Fears and Fierce)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.