Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,718 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" (19584 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by Joystark(f): 12:32am On Oct 12, 2018
BabbanBura:

Joyous, se u know say i bn dey wait for the akant?
Ha, I thought you were kidding oh!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by kukukeemee: 2:07am On Oct 12, 2018
Naza25:
Chimamanda should first prove that Trump really called Africa a shithole before she starts running her mouth

Eiyaaa, even with the internet you have you cannot even search the fact the Trump said that. Your ignorance is especially sad before bliss
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by kukukeemee: 2:09am On Oct 12, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
cheesy

For Trump's shithole comment, I don't care too but "feminist" cheesy See ring on her finger o, has a child and husband to go to.

PLEASE OH THEE WRITER OF FEMINIST LAWS, WHICH CHAPTER OF THE BOOK FEMINISMS WAS IT WRITTEN THAT FEMINISTS DONT GET MARRIED AND HAVE CHILDREN?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by kukukeemee: 2:14am On Oct 12, 2018
Rhozabeth:
I don't know why I don't like reading anything abt this
lady!

Because you have not sat down to listen to what she has said at all. You come and you will hear half and twisted stories about her when in truth she is talking about creativities as Nigerians/Africans and talking about how we oppress ourselves and not even knowing that we are. Take ten minutes out of your time and read to completion one of her speeches after that I tell you that you will not repeat what you just said
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by kukukeemee: 2:16am On Oct 12, 2018
LZAA:

Feminism itself is unrealistic

Just like how they said girls going to school was unrealistic but look at where we are now... you said it was what again?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by kukukeemee: 2:20am On Oct 12, 2018
abbey621:

Feminism just like masculinity in its basic design is flawed. In the African context, you cannot fully advocate for feminism and fully respect your husband and his traditional God given role. So there lies the confusion and the stalemate. Compromises must occur both ways.

According to the White mans culture. Mind you precolonial Africa (i.e our ancestral religions) were actually socially, economically and politically much more progressive than the white culture.

So when you say this, please refer to your religion
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by abbey621(m): 2:28am On Oct 12, 2018
kukukeemee:

According to the White mans culture. Mind you precolonial Africa (i.e our ancestral religions) were actually socially, economically and politically much more progressive than the white culture.

So when you say this, please refer to your religion

Masculinity was the nucleus of precolonial Africa even more than the white people's culture. Masculinity in its basic form is not what progressives like to associate themselves with. Maybe you wanted to use another word?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by LZAA: 2:31am On Oct 12, 2018
kukukeemee:

Just like how they said girls going to school was unrealistic but look at where we are now... you said it was what again?
Feminism is unrealistic
There is a reason why men impregnate and women deliver children
A woman is a man's helpmate not his superior or equal
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by kukukeemee: 2:38am On Oct 12, 2018
LZAA:

Feminism is unrealistic
There is a reason why men impregnate and women deliver children
A woman is a man's helpmate not his superior or equal

According to who? A book some white man came with after killing, raping and taking over our people. There is no reason for anything.... fucking and delivering children has nothing to do with having everyone having equal rights as humans. You think She is a feminist? *laughs* give this at most 100 more years any society still discussing the issue of feminism would be primitive (i.e the world would be so much more equal between men and women that feminism is of no use), hopefully Africa is not this society.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by LZAA: 3:09am On Oct 12, 2018
kukukeemee:

According to who? A book some white man came with after killing, raping and taking over our people. There is no reason for anything.... fucking and delivering children has nothing to do with having everyone having equal rights as humans. You think She is a feminist? *laughs* give this at most 100 more years any society still discussing the issue of feminism would be primitive (i.e the world would be so much more equal between men and women that feminism is of no use), hopefully Africa is not this society.
Are u a feminist laddie grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by kukukeemee: 3:30am On Oct 12, 2018
LZAA:

Are u a feminist laddie grin

This na common sense bros... 10 years ago flip phones be bad tingz, today na iPhone X. Feminism dey advance like phone...It was never a discussion in naija before , now it, and next time who knows?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by BabbanBura(m): 6:55am On Oct 12, 2018
Joystark:

Ha, I thought you were kidding oh!

Kidding? I resemble kid ni? Chai, just like that u wan sent akant, na yoke woo (in Akwa ibom intonation).
How u dey?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" by Rhozabeth(m): 7:36am On Oct 16, 2018
kukukeemee:

Because you have not sat down to listen to what she has said at all. You come and you will hear half and twisted stories about her when in truth she is talking about creativities as Nigerians/Africans and talking about how we oppress ourselves and not even knowing that we are. Take ten minutes out of your time and read to completion one of her speeches after that I tell you that you will not repeat what you just said
Are u a male or female?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Miserable Spinster / Broken Heart*** / GOOD GUY AT 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.