Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! (70053 Views)

World's Most Powerful Passport: Singapore Overtakes Japan, Nigeria ranks 90th / How To Know If My Nigerian Passport Is Ready / Japanese Passport Is World's Most Powerful Passport, Tops List Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by autojosh: 1:18pm On Oct 10, 2018

The Japanese Passport is the most powerful passport on the planet.

This is according to a report by Global citizenship and residence advisory firm, Henley & Partners.

According to the Henley Passport Index power ranking, Japan - who recently achieved visa-free access to Myanmar earlier this month – now has 190 destinations around the world that the passport can get their the Japanese citizens into without visas.

With this, Japan knocks off Singapore, with 189 destinations, into the second position.

Early this year, the number 1 position was held by Germany. With 188 destination, Germany currently occupies the third spot.

The third spot is a tie between France and South Korea.

However, and on the flip-side, which country has the least powerful passport?

According to the Henley Passport Index power ranking, some country’s passports offers the least mobility for its citizens.

In the joint last position on the ranking are Afghanistan and Iraq.

These two country only have visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to only 30 jurisdictions.

They follow Syria and Somalia, both of them, 32 destinations and Pakistan, 33.

Below are the top 10 Countries on the Henley Passport Index power ranking

1. Japan: 190

2. Singapore: 189

3. Germany, France, South Korea: 188

4. Denmark, Finland, Italy, Sweden, Spain: 187

5. Norway, United Kingdom, Austria, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, United States: 186

6. Belgium, Switzerland, Ireland, Canada: 185

7. Australia, Greece, Malta: 183

8. New Zealand, Czech Republic: 182

9. Iceland: 181

10. Hungary, Slovenia, Malaysia: 180

https://autojosh.com/the-japanese-passport-is-the-most-powerful-passport-on-earth/

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by genternity(m): 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2018
The reason why i like Japan is that they keep hold of their culture during industry evolution after the trauma they suffer after the second world war,they don't suffer inferiority complex during industry evolution.

The reason why African countries wil never develop is because they like coping western culture

216 Likes 13 Shares

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2018
It has always been so. Requirements for Japanese citizenship are rigorous and involve renouncing any previously held citizenship, which is really crude if you ask me. Marriage to a Japanese woman sef doesn't guarantee you automatic citizenship. I'd rather buy a Swiss citizenship (yes, you can buy it if you can afford it)

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Kingosytex(m): 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2018
i no see nigeria for that list oo!

nwaAmaikpe should come and see this

12 Likes

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Unlimited22: 1:25pm On Oct 10, 2018
Nice.
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by peacengine(m): 1:35pm On Oct 10, 2018
Kingosytex:

U c any Arab or Africa country there?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2018
That's people who know what they are doing

2 Likes

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Donald95(m): 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2018
Kingosytex:

Nigeria is already occupying highest position in Poverty and HIV carriers.

Gabon,Ghana passport even get power pass naija sef. Thanks to barber the clueless herdsman

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 10, 2018
Where is UAE

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Omoekun931(m): 1:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
Nigeria nko?
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by hisexcellency34: 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
Lies. UK is number one followed by US

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by basty: 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2018
GOD help Nigeria. No condition is permanent. I am not bothered, Nigeria is passing through a phase which is temporary.

Nigeria will rise again.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by momodub: 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2018
What of yankee
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by holluwai(m): 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2018
Almighty America is sitting on number 5.

Japan is taking over.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by kenzysmith: 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2018
who japan help who japan help just give me a ghana passport make i locate the baba wey go make my pocket powerful japannyinshuuuwaaaaapaaaaaaa my asss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by yemmight(m): 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
No single African country here.
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Chiefhaywhy(m): 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
Niceee wink
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 10, 2018
genternity:
The reason why i like Japan is that they keep hold of their culture during industry evolution after the trauma they suffer after the second world war,they don't suffer inferiority complex during industry evolution.

The reason why African countries wil never develop is because they like coping western culture
technology wise they were at par before the war. War had nothing to do with anything

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by idonhammer: 2:15pm On Oct 10, 2018
inconclusive, where is Nigeria passport?
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by lexy2014: 2:15pm On Oct 10, 2018
autojosh:

The Japanese Passport is the most powerful passport on the planet.

This is according to a report by Global citizenship and residence advisory firm, Henley & Partners.

According to the Henley Passport Index power ranking, Japan - who recently achieved visa-free access to Myanmar earlier this month – now has 190 destinations around the world that the passport can get their the Japanese citizens into without visas.

With this, Japan knocks off Singapore, with 189 destinations, into the second position.

Early this year, the number 1 position was held by Germany. With 188 destination, Germany currently occupies the third spot.

The third spot is a tie between France and South Korea.

However, and on the flip-side, which country has the least powerful passport?

According to the Henley Passport Index power ranking, some country’s passports offers the least mobility for its citizens.

In the joint last position on the ranking are Afghanistan and Iraq.

These two country only have visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to only 30 jurisdictions.

They follow Syria and Somalia, both of them, 32 destinations and Pakistan, 33.

Below are the top 10 Countries on the Henley Passport Index power ranking

1. Japan: 190

2. Singapore: 189

3. Germany, France, South Korea: 188

4. Denmark, Finland, Italy, Sweden, Spain: 187

5. Norway, United Kingdom, Austria, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, United States: 186

6. Belgium, Switzerland, Ireland, Canada: 185

7. Australia, Greece, Malta: 183

8. New Zealand, Czech Republic: 182

9. Iceland: 181

10. Hungary, Slovenia, Malaysia: 180

https://autojosh.com/the-japanese-passport-is-the-most-powerful-passport-on-earth/

C better people
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by oluwasegun007(m): 2:15pm On Oct 10, 2018
IT BECAUSE THEY DON'T LEAVE THEIR COUNTRY, WE ARE LEADING FROM BEHIND.

5 Likes

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by lexy2014: 2:16pm On Oct 10, 2018
yemmight:
No single African country here.
somalia, number 33

3 Likes

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 10, 2018
shocked
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by FarahAideed: 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2018
If your citizens are well behaved like the Japanese nobody will refuse them Visas

17 Likes

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by sirusX(m): 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2018
No be Naija again...we suppose be number 1

That passport would put fear in the heart of any foreigner or any embassy it's displayed...now that's power

26 Likes

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by lexy2014: 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2018
Kingosytex:

Nigeria is on its way
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by pol23: 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2018
Japan ...190 countries..
Seychelles..110 countries.
GeJ.... Upgrade Nigeria from 38 countries to 44..
Now Tanzania has downgrade us to 43.
Okay.
Buhari must go.

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Interchange Julius Beger Is Constructing In Obosi, Anambra (Photos) / Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. / The Real Story About The Nigerian Woman Deported From Germany With Her 3 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.