Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? (1453 Views)

What And What Have You Lost Under this regime that made This Man Is A Bad Leader / Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu / Why Atiku Promises To Restore 10 Million Jobs Lost Under Buhari (MUST READ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by RevenGeMission: 8:04am On Oct 11, 2018
They say "...10m Nigerians lost their job during PMB/APC administration of 3½ years".

I am simply asking you to name just one company that has closed up within the period of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Then calculate for me the number that lost their jobs when your PDP was closing down the following companies, which they met in 1999 and ruined before 2015.

Nitel
Nigerian Airways
NRC
Nigerian Shipping
NMT
Oshogbo steel rolling mill
Aladja steel
Ajaokuta steel
National Oil,
Dunlop
Nig textile mill
Alscon
Dicon
Nafcon
Bacita sugar
Iwopin paper mill
Jebba paper mill
Oku Iboku Newsprint paper mill
Volkswagen
Anamco
Leyland Motors
PAN
NEPA
Nigerchin
Michelin
Nichemtex
Kaduna Textile
NGC
etc.

I can name more if you require. They ruined everything and seek to blame it on PMB that is working tirelessly to resuscitate The industries.
PMB till 2023!
#webelieve!��

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by gaby(m): 8:05am On Oct 11, 2018
Another jamb question. Una go issue certificate for these answers?
Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by Buterflyle0: 8:14am On Oct 11, 2018
RevenGeMission:
They say "...10m Nigerians lost their job during PMB/APC administration of 3½ years".

I am simply asking you to name just one company that has closed up within the period of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Then calculate for me the number that lost their jobs when your PDP was closing down the following companies, which they met in 1999 and ruined before 2015.

Nitel
Nigerian Airways
NRC
Nigerian Shipping
NMT
Aladja steel
Ajaokuta steel
National Oil,
Dunlop
Nig textile mill
Alscon
Dicon
Nafcon
Bacita sugar
Iwopin paper mill
Jebba paper mill
Volkswagen
Anamco
Leyland Motors
PAN
NEPA
Nigerchin
Michelin
Nichemtex
Kaduna Textile
NGC
etc.

I can name more if you require. They ruined everything and seek to blame it on PMB that is working tirelessly to resuscitate The industries.
PMB till 2023!
#webelieve!��

That's their handwork. Destruction and looting of everything.

All these national assets you listed above all folded under PDP. In fact under OBJ and Atiku 23 out of 33 of Nigerias assets either folded up or were sold off in very dubious ways.

The PDP years were destructive years but they wish to keep deceiving Nigerians.

The fact that PDP apologized to Nigerians and begged us to forgive them for the bad they did to our economy and resources shows they committed all these attoricities knowingly as they looted with impunity.

Now they believe Nigerians have a very short memory span and would embrace them again just because they apologized and suddenly with brazen impunity they have now pushed an internationally known thief and looter of Nigeria from 2000 to 2008 while he was VP from 1999 to 2007 to Nigerians as their Presidential candidate while claiming he has provided 50,000 jobs to Nigerians while the same man caused the folding up and selling off of 23 of Nigerias assets and thus rendered millions jobless in his days as VP.

PDP will never change and I say NEVER AGAIN WILL WE GO BACK TO PDP ERA.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by rusher14: 8:15am On Oct 11, 2018
Do they even know what 10 million is?

How can anyone suggest 3 quarts the population of Lagos lost their jobs.

15th of the entire population.
angry
What jobs by the way?

1 Like

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by rastaLivity: 8:20am On Oct 11, 2018
after opening this thread, all I'm now trying to do is to comprehend the power of human stupidity.

so it's now a competition on who shut down companies more between pdp(16years) and Apc(3+ years), some people are just spontaneously stupid _which I think is a combined effort of hereditary and freewill
Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by infohenry(m): 8:31am On Oct 11, 2018
My brother when I hear 10million job lost in 3years, I laugh out my lungs because in the oil and gas industry that I know more jobs have been created and IOCs are really having the best time of the life courtesy of the ability of the federal government to meet their cash call obligations something last administration failed to do, leading to companies dropping workers and owning contractors. The problem of this government is their media team that lack the ability to showcase what government is doing.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by SarkinYarki: 8:35am On Oct 11, 2018
I hope you know all the Companies you mentioned Started their downward trend as result of Buharis 1983 coup a trauma they all never recovered from.....

Op it's actually over 13 million jobs that have been lost to Buharis idiocy in the last 3 years ..

Do you know how many jobs were lost in Onne alone as result of Buhari attempt to politically cripple Intels..Go to Onne today it's a complete ghost town

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by Racoon(m): 8:36am On Oct 11, 2018
A total of 7.956 million Nigerians became unemployed between January 2016 and September 30, 2017, data from the National Bureau of Statistics shows.

This unemployment report survey for the third quarter of 2017 released by the NBS on December 22, 2017 puts the number at 7.956 million more than the 8,036 million in stood in 2015 Q4.

The bureau in the report stated that the number of Nigerians that became unemployed rose from 8,036 million in 2015 fourth quarter to 15.998 million in third quarter of 2017.

The report said further that between the second quarter and third quarter of 2017, the number of economically active or working age population (15 – 64 years of age) increased from 110.3 million to 111.1 million.

“The unemployment rate increased from 14.2 per cent in Q4 2016 to 16.2 per cent in Q2 2017 and 18.8 per cent in Q3 2017. The number of people within the labor force who are unemployed or underemployed increased from 13.6 million and 17.7 million respectively in Q2 2017, to 15.9 million and 18.0 million in Q3 2017.

“Total unemployment and underemployment combined increased from 37.2 per cent in the previous quarter to 40 per cent in Q3 2017.

“The labor force population increased from 83.9 million in Q2 2017 to 85.1 million in Q3 2017. The total number of people in full-time employment (at least 40 hours a week) declined from 52.7 million in Q2 2017 to 51.1 million in Q3 2017.”

NBS in the report blames the increasing unemployment and underemployment rates on Nigeria’s fragile economy despite the exit from recession. The report explained that domestic labor market is still fragile and economic growths in the past two quarters in 2017 have not been strong enough to provide employment in Nigeria’s domestic labor market.

“An economic recession is consistent with an increase in unemployment as jobs are lost and new jobs creation is stalled.

“A return to economic growth provides an impetus to employment. However, employment growth may lag, and unemployment rates worsen especially at the end of a recession and for many months after,” the report said.

During the third quarter of 2017, according to the report, 21.2 percent of women within the labour force (aged 15-64 and willing, able, and actively seeking work) were unemployed, compared to 16.5 percent of men within the same period.

The report also noted that underemployment was predominant in the rural areas as 26.9 percent of rural residents within the labour force in were underemployed compared to 9 percent of urban residents within the same period.

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/12/22/7-9-million-nigerians-became-unemployed-21months-nbs/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Meanwhile this statistics are as @ the third quarter of 2017.Guess the number of unemployed persons thereafter are yet to be estimated by the NBS.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by 4dchairman(m): 8:37am On Oct 11, 2018
We are loosing not only jobs but our lifes.
Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by Nemesis001: 8:38am On Oct 11, 2018
Buterflyle0:

All these national assets you listed above all folded under PDP. In fact under OBJ and Atiku 23 out of 33 of Nigerias assets either folded up or were sold off in very dubious ways.

The fact that PDP apologized to Nigerians and begged us to forgive them for the bad they did to our economy and resources shows they committed all these attoricities knowingly as they looted with impunity.

Now they believe Nigerians have a very short memory span and would embrace them again just because they apologized and suddenly with brazen impunity they have now pushed an internationally known thief and looter of Nigeria from 2000 to 2008 while he was VP from 1999 to 2007 to Nigerians as their Presidential candidate while claiming he has provided 50,000 jobs to Nigerians while the same man caused the folding up and selling off of 23 of Nigerias assets and thus rendered millions jobless in his days as VP.

Even if FBI, Interpol, DIA, NIA, Homeland Security, NSA and the whole Americans arrest and imprison Atiku, I and my family will still vote for him.

Shebi Buharist think say na only them get sense ni. . Atiku till I die.

Show me a video of Atiku robbing a bank, He must rule us from the prison yard o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 11, 2018
Racoon:

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/12/22/7-9-million-nigerians-became-unemployed-21months-nbs/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Meanwhile this statistics are as @ the third quarter of 2017.Guess the number of unemployed persons thereafter are yet to ve estimated by the NBS.

Hope the zombie has seen this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by Beremx(f): 8:48am On Oct 11, 2018
Hmmm

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by ORIENTATION101: 8:52am On Oct 11, 2018
Racoon:

Meanwhile this statistics are as @ the third quarter of 2017.Guess the number of unemployed persons thereafter are yet to ve estimated by the NBS.
the statistics only showed unemployed meaning those that re yet to get a job.
How did 10 million people lost their job within 3 years

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by beejaay: 8:57am On Oct 11, 2018
RevenGeMission:

Nitel
Nigerian Airways
NRC
Nigerian Shipping
NMT
Aladja steel
Ajaokuta steel
National Oil,
Dunlop
Nig textile mill
Alscon
Dicon
Nafcon
Bacita sugar
Iwopin paper mill
Jebba paper mill
Volkswagen
Anamco
Leyland Motors
PAN
NEPA
Nigerchin
Michelin
Nichemtex
Kaduna Textile
NGC
etc.

PMB till 2023!
#webelieve!��
you cant win this war in this manner..for every attack against atiku, tripple will be given against PMB which will automatically shut you guys down and paralyzed intellectually...you guys have got to regroup and try finding others ways cos outright attack will not work, if anything, it will only help atiku group to expose pmb regime more and at the same time sour atiku reputation even higher....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by Redoil: 9:10am On Oct 11, 2018
@op stop posting lies Sterling global oil sacked 1820 of their work force under pa buhar govt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by Johnnyessence(m): 9:12am On Oct 11, 2018
“Name one initiative the Buhari government has put in place to address Nigeria having the world’s highest number of out of school children

“Name what President Buhari has done with the N13 trillion loans he has taken in 3 years, compared to the N6 trillion borrowed by the PDP in 16 years.
Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by Ziggylady(f): 9:13am On Oct 11, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
the statistics only showed unemployed meaning those that re yet to get a job.
How did 10 million people lost their job within 3 years

Read Beremx's article above you if you can...NBS actually put the figure at 16million.

Like someone rightly said,you APC supporters should be strategic in your attacks against Atiku or the facts you throw around to defend buhari otherwise it will back-fire big time like it has been doing so far.
Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by Johnnyessence(m): 9:16am On Oct 11, 2018
Buterflyle0:

“Name one initiative the Buhari government has put in place to address Nigeria having the world’s highest number of out of school children

“Name what President Buhari has done with the N13 trillion loans he has taken in 3 years, compared to the N6 trillion borrowed by the PDP in 16 years.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by Toketimt: 9:20am On Oct 11, 2018
infohenry:
My brother when I hear 10million job lost in 3years, I laugh out my lungs because in the oil and gas industry that I know more jobs have been created and IOCs are really having the best time of the life courtesy of the ability of the federal government to meet their cash call obligations something last administration failed to do, leading to companies dropping workers and owning contractors. The problem of this government is their media team that lack the ability to showcase what government is doing.

I can attest to this 100%. The IOCs are currently having the best of time in decades. More money for investments for them leading to far more jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by nwakibie3(m): 9:21am On Oct 11, 2018
The funny thing here is that OP asking this question doesn't have a job

1 Like

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by Toketimt: 9:23am On Oct 11, 2018
4dchairman:
We are loosing not only jobs but our lifes.

U mean u wrote this from the spirit world?

1 Like

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by LadyExcellency: 9:32am On Oct 11, 2018
Okay, can we agree that no employment was lost under Buhari for National Peace.

I just want Buhari out. Anybody among more the 20 plus presidential candidates is better.

Buhari is out of sync with 21st Century act of governance. He got nothing upstairs. Not even single deal to keep Nigeria united.

1 Like

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by front4line: 9:44am On Oct 11, 2018
Johnnyessence:

Right after you name how PDP got us there within 16 years or Buhari just came and chase children out of school with his feeding initiatives ?
Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by Buterflyle0: 9:49am On Oct 11, 2018
Johnnyessence:

Open a thread and tag me and stop trying to shift the focus of this thread.

Its obvious that even you Johnnynosense can offer an answer to the OP
Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by speedyGonzales: 9:52am On Oct 11, 2018
You want a lesson in statistical methods? you dunce.

You have to pay with the salary from your new job that Buhari has provided.

The NBS is an independent government institution that is responsible for keeping track of this indices and the told you how it is because numbers don't lie or you want to deny maths now that it doesn't favor your agenda. Why do you thing that Nigeria is now the poverty capital of the world?
In sane countries, it is information like this that government act on when making policy. Here in Nigeria, we deny it and think that it will just go away.

1 Like

Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by Johnnyessence(m): 9:56am On Oct 11, 2018
front4line:

Right after you name how PDP got us there within 16 years or Buhari just came and chase children out of school with his feeding initiatives ?
Answer my question ok.
Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by Johnnyessence(m): 9:58am On Oct 11, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Open a thread and tag me and stop trying to shift the focus of this thread.

Its obvious that even you Johnnynosense can offer an answer to the OP
Answer my question here. stop distracting me ok.
Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by Buterflyle0: 9:59am On Oct 11, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Answer my question here. stop distracting me ok.

See this mumu. You are the one trying to distract us from the OP and you are claiming I am trying to distract you. grin

Focus on the OP and answer the question or get out if you know you cannot
Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by RevenGeMission: 10:00am On Oct 11, 2018
Nemesis001:

Even if FBI, Interpol, DIA, NIA, Homeland Security, NSA and the whole Americans arrest and imprison Atiku, I and my family will still vote for him.

Shebi Buharist think say na only them get sense ni. . Atiku till I die.

Show me a video of Atiku robbing a bank, He must rule us from the prison yard o

I hope you get your wish soon
Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by RevenGeMission: 10:02am On Oct 11, 2018
LadyExcellency:
Okay, can we agree that no employment was lost under Buhari for National Peace.

I just want Buhari out. Anybody among more the 20 plus presidential candidates is better.

Buhari is out of sync with 21st Century act of governance. He got nothing upstairs. Not even single deal to keep Nigeria united.

Yet he ruled your parents and still ruling you, will still rule your kids one more time
Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by RevenGeMission: 10:03am On Oct 11, 2018
rastaLivity:
after opening this thread, all I'm now trying to do is to comprehend the power of human stupidity.

so it's now a competition on who shut down companies more between pdp(16years) and Apc(3+ years), some people are just spontaneously stupid _which I think is a combined effort of hereditary and freewill

Name companies Buhari shutdown in 3 years?
Re: Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? by RevenGeMission: 10:04am On Oct 11, 2018
beejaay:

you cant win this war in this manner..for every attack against atiku, tripple will be given against PMB which will automatically shut you guys down and paralyzed intellectually...you guys have got to regroup and try finding others ways cos outright attack will not work, if anything, it will only help atiku group to expose pmb regime more and at the same time sour atiku reputation even higher....

You conveniently skipped the question

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gideon Orkar: 29 Years After Nigeria' S Last Military Coup / Godfatherism: We’re Waiting For You In Lagos, APC Chairman Tells El-Rufai / On The Fulani Radio White Noise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.