|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,138,142 members, 4,643,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 December 2018 at 06:47 PM
See The Look On Governor Ambode's Face As He Accepts Defeat (Photos) / Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! / Presidency Releases Buhari’s Voice Message, Denies Report On Speech Impairment (2) (3) (4)
|2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by PenPrince07: 9:05am On Oct 11|
The Presidency on Thursday morning released 64 achievements of the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration in the agricultural sector.
Buharis media aide, Lauretta Onochie, released the achievements in a statement on Facebook titled ‘Sixty Four Achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari in Agricultural Sector’.
List of achievements below:
“1) The anti-corruption drive of Mr. President put to a halt the exogenous leakages in the Agricultural sector to encourage, empower, and enhance the locally made farm produce thereby increasing our internally generated revenue (IGR) index and foreign exchange capacity and reserve to over $45 Billion in cash and bonds.
2) President Buhari initiated the Home Grown Feeding Programme which is designed to put an end to importation and market monopoly of farm produce that can be grown here in our country which is a pilot vehicle to sustainable economic, agricultural, academic and job creation across the length and breadth of our nation.
3) Under President Buhari, the Standing Inter-Ministerial Technical Committee on Zero-Reject of Agricultural Commodities and Produce / Non-oil Exports in Nigeria was inaugurated.
4) Under the Buhari-led administration, Nigeria has benefitted from 13.1billion Euros honeybee project.
5) The Buhari administration has commenced steps improving the standards of Nigeria’s agricultural exports to align with global standards due to the rejection of our produce at the EU Border Controls.
6) Under President Buhari, Standards and Quality Control measures have been developed in.
7) Under President Buhari administration at the end of 2016, agricultural goods as a share of total trade got N212.73bn and 4.02 percent and Agricultural goods exports were 2.7 percent higher in Q4 2016 than Q3 2016.
8.) Under the Buhari-led administration, Sesame seeds contributed N6.46billion to Agricultural product exports in the fourth quarter of 2016.
9) In the fourth quarter of 2016, Frozen shrimps and prawns chipped in N4.4billion to Agricultural product exports under PMB’s administration.
10) Under President Buhari administration in the fourth quarter of 2016, Flour and meals of soya beans contributed N2.59billion to agricultural product exports
11) Under President Buhari administration in the fourth quarter of 2016, cashew nuts in shell contributed N0.95billion to Agricultural product exports with the Buhari-led administration.
12) Crude palm kernel accounted for N0.62 billion of the total Agricultural exports under the President Buhari administration in the fourth quarter of 2016.
13) Under the President Buhari administration, the agricultural universities coordinating agency is being revitalized as stipulated in the enabling Act which will work closely with the Nigerian University Commission and development partners to re-focus the universities of agriculture in the country.
14) The Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises (LIFE) programme was initiated by the Buhari Administration and it is aimed at bringing life back to rural communities through the empowerment of youth, women and other vulnerable groups across the country.
15) Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises (LIFE) Programme initiated by the President Buhari administration is geared towards promoting community-based on-farm and off-farm business activities as a model for job and wealth creation amongst unemployed youth and women in rural and suburban households.
16) Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises (LIFE) Programmes under President Buhari are expected to establish 150,000 cooperatives nationwide under commodity value chain groups.
17) Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises (LIFE) programme under President Buhari will establish and operate up to 1,000 cottage industries in the country, and ultimately engage about 1,995,500 youth and 997,500 women for enhanced productivity.
18) Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises (LIFE) programme under President Buhari would add about 5,965,000 metric tons of foods to the national food store.
19) Anchor Borrowers’ Programme is an intervention of the Buhari administration aimed at fast-tracking access of rural farmers to finance productivity.
20) The Anchor Borrowers Programme (ABP) of the Central Bank of Nigeria under the Buhari-led administration has made available N82billion in funding to 350,000 farmers of rice, wheat, maize, cotton, cassava, poultry, soybeans and groundnut; who have cultivated about 400,000 hectares of land.
21) The Buhari-led administration has made provision of agricultural credit for financing the production of rice, wheat, ginger, maize and soybeans in Kebbi, Niger, Kaduna, Kano, Enugu, Benue, Zamfara, Anambra and Kwara States.
22) The Anchor Borrower’s Programme (ABP) under Buhari’s administration has provided a quantum of money for dry season farming in 2015, wet season rice and wheat farming in 2016 and is currently supporting the 2016 dry season farming in many states.
23) The President Buhari administration has commenced the use of National Soil Map Data, with the promotion of the use of soil-specific fertilizer formulations and application in prescribed dosages based on soil types following the conduct of soil mapping/test to enhance agricultural production and productivity.
24) Under President Buhari administration a resurrected interest in agriculture has awakened among smallholder farmers.
25) Under the Buhari-led administration, Nigeria’s fertilizer market is growing.
26) The President Buhari administration has signed an agreement with the Government of Morocco for the supply of fertilizer raw materials on concessionary terms to boost local blending to facilitate making soil and crop-specific fertilizer blends available and accessible to smallholder Nigeria farmers.
27) The Ministry of Agriculture under President Buhari is facilitating the timely access of farmers to appropriate quality seeds.
28) The President Buhari administration has facilitated seed trading locally and internationally through the application of regionally agreed principles and rules.
29) The enabling environment for private investment in the seed industry has been created by the Buhari-led administration.
30) Under President Buhari, the National Irrigation Policy and Strategy has been developed and focuses on the need to overcome the irrigation challenges and put available irrigation facilities in the country into effective use.
31) The PMB Administration has assessed the status of infrastructure in all the 12 River Basin Development Authorities (RBDAs) hence, commenced immediate and effective use of the facilities for commercial farming.
32) Under President Buhari, the Bank of Agriculture (BOA) has been strengthened for improved delivery of services through consolidation and recapitalization in collaboration with the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) to ensure loan disbursement at a single digit interest regime in the agricultural sector as obtainable in developed and emerging economies.
33) The President Buhari administration has approved the restructuring, re-capitalizing, and repositioning of the Bank of Agriculture (BOA).
34) The Buhari administration has secured the approval of a grant of $1.1 million from the African Development Bank (AfDB) for the restructuring of the Bank of Agriculture, aimed at staff training to strengthen service delivery.
35) The President Buhari administration has embarked on the re-validation of the claims of agro-dealers and input suppliers under 2014 wet and 2014/2015 dry seasons to ensure that genuine claims are paid by the government.
36) The President Buhari administration has facilitated the payment of the sum of N20 billion, as part of the debts owed agro-dealers while efforts are on to fully settle the outstanding liabilities.
37) The President Buhari administration has established a N50 billion mechanization fund to facilitate the second phase of Agricultural Equipment Hiring Enterprise (AEHE) to roll-out 6,000 tractors and 13,000 harvest and post-harvest equipment units across the country.
38) With the Buhari-led administration, Tractors and Implements were rolled out in Ilorin and Abuja on January 12, 2016, to support targeted commodity value chains.
39) The rising spate of hostilities and attendant insecurity arising from clashes between crop farmers and nomadic herdsmen has raised serious concern within the government. Accordingly, the PMB administration has commenced efforts towards the resolution of pastoralists-farmers conflicts through the provision of 55,000 hectares of land by 11 states as part of the 5,000 hectares each expected from the 19 northern states for the development of pasture/paddocks grazing reserves.
40) The Buhari administration has established 40 large-scale rice processing plants and 18 High-Quality Cassava Flour (HQCGF) plants with a stake commitment of China EXIM (85 percent) and Nigeria Bank of Industry (BoI) (15 percent) through concessional credit facilities of US$383,140,375.60 for the rice mills and US$143,722,202.40 for the HQCF Plants.
41) The President Buhari administration through the Ministry of Agriculture is embarking on a programme of distribution of rice mills, of ten tons per day capacity, 20 tons a day, 40 tons a day, 50 tons and a few 100 tons. Collectively between them, the capacity for rice milling will be close to 3,000 tons a day nationwide. That is expected to close the gap between paddy availability and mills to process it.
42) The President Buhari administration has established 10 large-scale rice processing plants and 6 High-Quality Cassava Flour plants to be owned and operated by the private sector and would be funded by the Special Rice Processing Intervention Fund and the WB Assisted Agricultural Development Policy Operation [AgDPO] Funds.
43) Through President Buhari administration, Real GDP in agriculture grew by 4.11 percent in the year 2016, and this growth rate was higher than that recorded in 2015 of 3.72 percent.
44) Under Buhari’s administration as captured by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), there was a continuing strong growth in Agriculture (especially Crop Production) in the Q4 of 2016.
45) Agriculture contributed 21.26 percent to nominal GDP in the Q4 of 2016 and the sector grew by 6.45 percent year-on-year under President Buhari administration.
46) In the Buhari-led administration, the contribution of Agriculture to overall GDP in real terms was 25.49 percent in the quarter under review, higher than its share of 24.18 percent in the corresponding quarter of 2015.
47) The Ministry of Agriculture under President Buhari administration also provided 2283 bags of industrial salt to hides and skin dealers in 12 targeted states.
48) The President Buhari administration placed a ban on rice importation and that has saved Nigeria an average of $5 Million daily.
49) The growing success story on agriculture in Buhari’s Administration has prompted more youths to commence full production in agriculture.
50) More than 7 million Nigerians are actively employed in agriculture under the Buhari Government’s diversification agenda and the Ministry of Agriculture is working to ensure that Agriculture will offer 20 million jobs in the nearest future.
51) Nigeria’s milled rice production has increased by about 60 percent, from 2.5 million MT in 2015, to 4 million MT in 2017 under the President Buhari administration.
52) The Buhari-led administration set up the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI) to deliver commercially significant quantities of affordable and high-quality fertilizer to the Nigerian farmer at the right time
53) The Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI) under the President Buhari administration has resulted in the revitalization of 14 blending plants across the country, with a total installed capacity in excess of 2 million MT.
54) The Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI) under the President Buhari administration has resulted in benefits which will include annual savings of US$200 million in foreign exchange, and N60 billion annually in budgetary provisions for Fertilizer subsidies.
55) Under President Buhari administration, the current cumulative in terms of IGR generated through Agriculture since the fall in the price of crude globally has placed agriculture as the best alternative for creating wealth and increasing our National Foreign Reserve to an all-time high.
56) Nigeria’s economy has since bounced back after the recession of 2015/2016 and has continued to grow back as the strongest stabilizing economy in Africa under Buhari-led administration.
57) Through the Buhari-led administration, agriculture is already ripe to be the next green oil and global gold the world has ever seen and the green-rush will lead all roads to Nigeria.
58) Buhari-led Administration has revived 11 moribund plants with a combined capacity of over two million metric tonnes.
59) In 2017 under the President Buhari administration, Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI) delivered 10 million 50kg bags(500,000MT) of NPK 20:10:10 fertilizer at a price of N5,500 in time for the wet season which is down from the price of N9,000 per 50kg bag in 2016, a 40% reduction in price.
60) Under President Buhari administration there is a higher patronage for the country’s rail network due to movement of raw materials and finished goods.
61) Under President Buhari administration, the bag-making sector of the economy was boosted, with over 10million packaging bags produced exclusively for Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI).
62) The Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI) has been able to create 60,000 direct jobs and even a higher number of indirect jobs under the Buhari-led administration.
63) The Buhari-led administration has cut down on imports of agricultural products in order to enable self-sufficiency in food production and consumption.
64) Under President Buhari administration, The Green Alternative (TGA) was initiated, a major policy thrust to build an agri-business economy capable of delivering sustained prosperity by meeting domestic food security goals, generate exports, support sustainable income and job.”
38 Likes 11 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by saintjimos(m): 9:14am On Oct 11|
HAS ANY OF THIS ANSWERED ATIKU'S QUESTIONS?
MR LIFELESS GO AND WORK HARD
721 Likes 67 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by futuregovernor: 9:17am On Oct 11|
The list is for only Agriculture.....,APC propaganda
463 Likes 35 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by Coloradvantage(m): 9:31am On Oct 11|
Far less than what we expected. We don't want mediocrity. We need an ambitious and vissionary leader. We need atiku. We reject buhari as we did goodluck. Some one will say who is we. Ask your brain. Atikulate ooooo
350 Likes 19 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by duduade: 9:38am On Oct 11|
None of these achievements has improved the lives of so many Nigerians..
We sick of all talk...
2019 una all go walk...
We brought you APC in and 2019 we will booth you all out...
Start counting your DAYS
346 Likes 20 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by Daviddson(m): 9:40am On Oct 11|
This is sauceless and tasteless. We were expecting you to bring up these figures in comparison to figures that were available during the Jonathan administration, not just telling us 'We made ₦223bn' here and there.
Rilwayne001:Next time, use your God-given sense when mentioning me. As much as I would have preferred a Buhari presidency to Atiku's, the truth must be said. You don't just reel out figures like this without putting them side-by-side with what used to obtain during the previous administration. We've seen this several times, so don't expect reasonable people to start jumping up in celebration because of these over-rehashed "achievements" which some are even unverified/unverifiable.
222 Likes 14 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by WhyMoD: 9:41am On Oct 11|
So scanty and hollow..
Anyways.. talk to us when your 150 cows changes in number
178 Likes 7 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by mycar: 9:47am On Oct 11|
Lies are difficult to defend, the last I checked, a bag of rice was still above N17,000 and the prices of other food stuffs still at all time high.
221 Likes 11 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by Splashme: 9:49am On Oct 11|
Usual lies and propaganda
This government will never change
146 Likes 7 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by revolt(m): 9:50am On Oct 11|
They just stoned us verbiage at it highest level. They broke one point into 50+ points. It's really sad this guy only has social programmes and can't pin point one achievement he crafted started and finished in 3 years.
187 Likes 7 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by ahaika23: 9:51am On Oct 11|
64 units of trash
NO SINGLE ROAD INITIATED AND COMPLETED IN 3 YEARS PLUS,
NO SINGLE HOSPITAL BUILT NO MATTER HOW SMALL IN 3 YEARS PLUS
NO SINGLE PRIMARY, SECONDARY OR TERTIARY SCHOOL BUILT IN 3 YEARS PLUS
NO SINGLE WAGE INCREASE IN 3 YEARS PLUS
NO SINGLE DIGIT INCREASE IN POWER PRODUCTION IN 3 YEARS PLUS
NO SINGLE JOB CREATED IN 3 YEARS PLUS
Mr. Lifelessness, please go and sit down!
263 Likes 13 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by Kdon2(m): 9:51am On Oct 11|
All na rhetorics. Common man can't feel the impact of your dellusional achievements. Despite all the grand 64 achievements unemployment rate is still very high while over 13 million have lost their job ti recession and bad economic policies confirmed by world economic giant bill gate and our own okonjo iweala.
102 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by Rilwayne001: 9:53am On Oct 11|
SEE CHILDREN OF HATE, SHOUTING AND GNASHING THEIR TEETH IN AGONY. HAD THE PRESIDENCY NIT REPLIED TO THE CHALLENGE, YOU GUYS WOULD'VE BEEN HAPPY, BUT NOW THAT ATIKU GOT HIS REPLY, YOU GUYS ARE GETTING BITTER, CLAIMING NONSENSE. WHAT'LL EVER MAKE YOU IPOB FATHEAD HAPPY SEF? NOTHING. YOU ARE ALL BORN TO BE BITTER.
SPITS ON YOUR HEAD
53 Likes 12 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by StillX10(m): 9:59am On Oct 11|
Achievements that Nigerians never felt are not they achievement at all?
49 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by Ngokafor(f): 10:02am On Oct 11|
Frustration at its peak .......so much pain in one post but the truth is the so-called reply is nothing more than one point(Agriculture)broken into over 50 points of lies,falsehood and distortion of facts thats why no one is convinced cos inspite of all the bogus claims, prices of foodstuffs are still way higher than in Jonathan's admin.
187 Likes 11 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by ignant: 10:18am On Oct 11|
Most of these are claimed processes with no quantified result. The metric for assessment is measurement, so if you think you are going to publish bland rhetorics that is not quantitative, then you better restrict it to zombies.
One would have thought their researchers would make comparative analyses between this government and the previous ones but alas, they realized it would be too easy to pick apart.
Publish how your government has fared in comparison with previous governments in figures- with relation to economy, business, employment, education, health, agriculture etc.
132 Likes 6 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by NaijaRoyalty: 10:41am On Oct 11|
The comments on this thread shows Nigerians are wiser now .
We cannot be deceived no more .
If all this loads of "Rubbish" listed out here are the so called achievements of this failed government , then We are in trouble.
Never again shall a clueless president be president of Nigeria.
116 Likes 6 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by oshe11: 10:51am On Oct 11|
I gave up when I saw "The Anti-corruption drive........
73 Likes 4 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by yrex01(m): 11:10am On Oct 11|
Rilwayne001:wat I notice here on nairaland is 90% of d lads doing d talking n hating r iPod or na Igbo em dey call em !! Nd d fact is only few will vote, doz wu mean d business aint keyboard warriors like em !! D shock dey will get 2019 I swear down e go beyond hearth attack !!! No follow em shout bro dey don't know wat dey want !!
17 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by braine(m): 11:16am On Oct 11|
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by Zi: 11:17am On Oct 11|
Butterflyleo, how about Nigeria Air?
Commissioning a logo for N3bn?! This is the highest of all scams! I remember you describing this with your life that day on Nairaland.
Buhari and APC has failed!
76 Likes 4 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by Biglittlelois(f): 11:17am On Oct 11|
Just agriculture- one point broken into 50, i thought they said Mr intergrity is fighting corruption, i was hoping to see 50 points of people jailed cos of corruption
32 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by eluquenson(m): 11:17am On Oct 11|
These are scripted, it has no direct correlation to improvement of lives and properties.
These are mere propagandas and fallacious
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by Nathdougg: 11:17am On Oct 11|
ALL I CAN SEE THERE IS AGRICULTURE AGRICULTURE AGRICULTURE...
NO ATIKU QUESTION ANSWERED
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by GoTV: 11:18am On Oct 11|
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by Naza25: 11:18am On Oct 11|
Buhari is a big failure
53 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements by DWJOBScom(m): 11:18am On Oct 11|
small small children o
Still depending on their parents or they have just started a new job earning decent pay and think the whole world is fair and good.
8 Likes 1 Share
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179