Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,458 members, 7,781,314 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:23 PM

How Fela's Wives Were Assaulted During Kalakuta Burning In 1977 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Fela's Wives Were Assaulted During Kalakuta Burning In 1977 (791 Views)

Ned Nwoko: Regina Daniels Virgin, All My Wives Were Virgins When I Married Them / Linda Ikeji Decided To End Poverty After Her Parents Were Assaulted Over N70 / Akin Lewis: My 2 Marriages Failed Because My Ex Wives Were Greedy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Fela's Wives Were Assaulted During Kalakuta Burning In 1977 by doggone: 10:17am On Oct 11, 2018
@doggone

A new book about Fela Anikulapo Kuti has been released online by Kindle Publishing, an e-book publishing arm of Amazon. Released on Monday, the book is entitled “Bruised, Battered, Beloved” and is written by Tade Makinde.

Unlike the several other paper backs already published about Fela, this latest addition to the ever-growing library is strictly about his life off camera, and especially reveals how the controversial musician lived his private life; known to a selected few.

Edited by Mr Femi Osinusi and Dr Abiodun Awolaja, BBB; in the second part of the three-part book, reveals how Fela was brutally assaulted by soldiers and policemen, who raided his Kalakuta Republic on February 18, 1977, and many of his girls for almost 7 hours.

“Don’t believe what the Military said; Fela’s girls were raped and everyone in the house that day was bloodied,” said one of the 26 people interviewed in the book.

The author, who said he never set out to write about Fela, but for fate, thanks Mr Femi Esho for suggesting that he should write about Fela and promised to assist him in making the book happen.

“I am glad I took his advice. Finishing it, and finally getting it out online, is a dream come true,” he said.
Among those who contributed to the book were: Bata Ani, Femi Falana, Duro Ikujenyo; Lemi Ghariokwu, among others. It is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HRQV93V

Felabration starts on 15th of October #Felabration

Re: How Fela's Wives Were Assaulted During Kalakuta Burning In 1977 by Olufela30: 10:28am On Oct 11, 2018
I swear, all Fela's wives and dancers are all my WCs (Woman Crush)....
No English teacher should come and attack me ooo !!

(1) (Reply)

Gucci Mane Ft Migos – I Get D Bag Instrumental / See Stunning Bikini Photos Of LL Cool J’s 23-year-old Daughter Samaria / Davido Calls Timaya “ODE” (fool) In An Instagram Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.