Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,207 members, 7,807,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Kalu Declares For Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu Declares For Pdp (3742 Views)

It’s Senseless, Needless For PDP To Oppose PMB- Gov Umahi / Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. / Ifeanyi Uba Declares For Anambra Gubernatorial Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalu Declares For Pdp by Kennyblues(m): 10:52am On Jul 13, 2010
The former governor of Abia state and chairman of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA), Chief Orji Uzor kalu ,yesterday formally declared for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) along with all the national executive council members of the party.

Kalu who said he left PDP as a gallant soldier and returned back as a gallant soldier declared for PDP with the national chairman of PPA, Larry Esin, national secretary, Alhaji Dahiru Musa Abdullai, former minister of state in the Federal Capital Territory, Chuka Odom, Deputy National Chairman, Maiji Mohammed, National Legal Adviser, John Otawa, National Auditor, Shittu Abdullahi, Hon. Stanley Ohajiruka, who is a serving member of PPA, Deputy Governor of Abia state, Chief Chris Akomas and the Chief of Staff to Abia state governor, Mascort Uzor Kalu, among others.

Before then, it was gathered that the only ANPP Senator from the Southeast, Senator Alphonsus Igbeke who replaced Senator Joy Emordi is at the verge defecting to PDP.
The Senator told THISDAY that he is in talks with PDP over crossing over to the party. This was confirmed by the Vice National Chairman of PDP in the Southeast, Chief Olisa Metu who also told THISDAY, “we are in talks with Senator Igbeke and very soon, he would cross over to PDP.”

Kalu told the PDP National Chairman, Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo and other members of the National Working Committee (NWC) of PDP that “I consider it reasonable and viable for us to come back in a hall which all of us started. Myself and Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo and others started this party far away in Lagos in 1998 including Dr. Adamu Ciroma,”.
But in a swift reaction, the factional chairman of the PPA, Lisa Olu Akerele said Kalu has no right to disband PPA.

Kalu said,” The aspirations that was in our mind when we formed this party, we did not see it again. This is why some of us left. I left gallantly and I am coming back gallantly. I left like a general, I was challenged and I said no, I cannot be deregistered. I did not leave the party, myself, Nwodo and some of us did not leave the party but we were de-registered.
According to him, “If Dr. Nwodo is back in the party today and it was a concurrent agreement that all of us the founders of the party will gradually come back. PDP is going to implement what the founding father promise to actualized when forming this party there is no doubt for anybody as to what PDP will be.

We expect the PDP as long as there is internal democracy which I know that the present executive is capable of doing, the President has been talking of credible elections all over the nook and cranny of the world, I want to associate myself that if the PDP gets the internal democratic process very well then the national election will follow suit.

“There must be discipline and understanding in the party. There must be those things that made the founder of this party a great party. This party is capable of holding onto power. As long as the party will subject itself to the rule it has made and not when you send somebody to Gwagwalada to do primaries and the man who did not win election will be returned, it is not going to be good for the party,” he further explained.

The former governor said, “It is good to let the less popular people with or without money win nomination and be presented by the party. I want to say that the promise I made to you I am keeping to it today. When you told me you are going to be back as national chairman. I said the moment you emerge as the chairman, I will come back to be with you.

“I have no reason to feel ashamed to come back to the family house. People who think I will be ashamed to come to the family house, we built this party. The high and the mighty who built this party started in my house in Lagos . I don’t feel ashamed to come back into this party because I have been living in my house and I am back to the family house. I am sure that all our supporters across the country know as I read in the newspapers that soon there will be online registration of members.

“If people are credible and they present themselves for election, let Nigeria people, only when we start doing the right thing, there will be no opposition, we are coming back gradually and with your leadership, PDP will continue to be the biggest party. If the party puts its house in order, there will be no opposition party in Nigeria . The only thing is winning the primaries of the party. I don’t want a one party system; I want two strong parties that will challenge the PDP. It is always good to have an alternative so that we can do the right thing and put the right candidates. When we left the party, those we have offended they should pardon us. Those that offended us, we have already forgiven them and that is why we are back in the house.” He said.

The National Chairman of PDP, Nwodo used the occasion to reiterate his policy of returning PDP back to the people in line with the manifesto of the party. Nwodo said that PDP was in chains in the past due to bad leadership and money bags hijacking the party, but said, “Our party has been liberated.”

Meanwhile, the factional chairman of PPA, Lisa Olu Akerele said in a statement that Kalu, cannot single-handedly and unilaterally disband the Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA.

Speaking to reporters in Abuja yesterday following claims by Kalu that he had dissolved PPA into the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Akerele said the former Abia State governor lacked such powers "since he is not the only stakeholder in the PPA which he is currently striving hard to destroy."

He said at the time PPA was registered as a political party, Kalu was still the sitting governor of Abia State and member of the PDP, advising those in doubt to check the application filed with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for the party's registration.

He pointed out that stakeholders like Alhaji Ahmed Sulaiman, who is the pioneer national chairman, Comrade Adamu Song, Chief John Adelabu, Hajia Marian Abdullahi, himself, among others, were signatories to the INEC forms which formed the basis of the registration of PPA.

He said Kalu does not have the mandate of the founders of PPA to merge it with PDP, adding that he can only return to PDP as an individual.

The PPA national chairman urged INEC and PDP to look through relevant registration documents where they will find that Kalu was never a founding member of PPA, and as such cannot negotiate on its behalf.

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by mbulela: 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2010
ha ha ha ha ha ha

yeye dey smell
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by fuke(m): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2010
mbulela:

ha ha ha ha ha ha

yeye dey smell

Spot on. a bunch opportunists.
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by CarlosVent(m): 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2010
WHY WIL DEY ABANDON D PPA NAA.
NA WA 4 DIS NATION
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by seunmsg(m): 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2010
Kalu is just a typical Nigerian politician always moving around to see wia they can chop. I just hope Abia people will not be deceived to follow him again.
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by chamber2(m): 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2010
a dog eating its vomit.A very deceitful being.he will neva spell aso rock.
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by lagoshost(m): 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2010
This an interested drama!
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by Fhemmmy: 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2010
Let the fun begins . . . . . . . . Long Live Federal republic of Nigeria
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by skyone(m): 12:47pm On Jul 13, 2010
lagoshost:

This an interested drama!
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Why blow this sort of grammer on an international forum, haa haa wetin
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by akwarandu(m): 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2010
This man called uzor kalu is the problem of Abia state today and his plan to run down the current Gov of Abia will not work for him.he uzor kalu may no the cause of the current security problem of Abia state, my Abia friend should give support  to the current Gov for to succeed . God bless u all.
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2010
Ok
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by EzeUche(m): 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2010
I despise Kalu. My area in Abia State is a PDP stronghold, but now people are thinking about joining APGA. That is how much we despise Kalu.
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by Kennyblues(m): 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2010
All hands (Abians) must be on deck, kalu why art thou fallen, remember Obasanjo is still alive, hail and hearty and you know what post he holds in PDP

I laugh in swahili grin grin grin
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by oluagness(m): 1:02pm On Jul 13, 2010
Are these people serious?
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by otondo55: 1:32pm On Jul 13, 2010
Yeye person !

Running Abia state as private business.

N700million on security vote alone

What do you expect from this fool,

No security, road in Aba, where will you even start.

Nothing works there, with hardworking, creative citizens.

God Save us from their hand !
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by MrFire: 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2010
Why is Akerele angry that PPA is being disbanded? If he wants PPA, he can re-organize it for himself. Abians say no to PPA, no to Orji Kalu and his evil hegemony.
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by chi101: 1:50pm On Jul 13, 2010
Just read through what the vagabond said to the correspondent, it doesn't make sense at all, the fool couldn't make a single sensible statement,
very confused indeed!
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by dolu2007(m): 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2010
Orji Kalu for 2011!!

Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by Daddybee: 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2010
The game is up for Kanu and his clique. He is a disgrace to anybody that shares the name 'kalu' with him.
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by mrkoma2012: 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2010
OUK is a typical politician who is realigning his ambition with the most ruthless vehicle to gain power.Long live PDP, Not
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by DoubleN(m): 2:37pm On Jul 13, 2010
The Snake of a Man is doing all this to ensure that his Brother Mascot runs for Governor on the platform of PDP. You all know what that means,mass rigging between two incompetent idiots. T.A Orji Vs Mascot Uzor Kalu.
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by SamMilla1(m): 2:44pm On Jul 13, 2010
I think the north are going to use him to run against Jonathan or whoever comes out of the south.
Watch out. He is Babangida's Pawn.
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by bibiking1(m): 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2010
Shouldn't Abia state be called Orji State? Its quite annoying that even amongst sibblings trying to take over the state they still can't get content with the meat on the table!
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by damilola15: 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2010
Double N:

The Snake of a Man is doing all this to ensure that his Brother Mascot runs for Governor on the platform of PDP. You all know what that means,mass rigging between two incompetent idiots. T.A Orji Vs Mascot Uzor Kalu.
cry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

I'm yet to know a country whose rate of political defection beats that of Nigeria.
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by Mortiple(m): 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2010
Kalu and his mother have milked Abia State dry.  Nothing seems to be working.  What a pity! His latest political move will definitely nail his coffin. The time for him to become perpetually irrelevant has come. I foresee his candidates (god sons and god brothers) losing out completely.  Authur Nzeribe will be better of.
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by 9ja4eva: 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2010
Kalu is a drunk man.Nothing for me come 2011
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by kobikwelu(m): 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2010
nigeria

a place where elephants fly

theodore orji is finished, because as far as evry1 is concerned, kalu is/was PPA

tells you about politicians in this country,

i remmber when atiku was shouting to high heavens that we should not allow those abuja politicians to steal our votes?

it was the same clown that tried to come back  to the party (when him money don dey finish)
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by denony(m): 3:13pm On Jul 13, 2010
U GUYS SHOULD KNOW THAT PDP IS AN ACULTIC PARTY
U CAN'T RUN AWAY FROM IT ONCE U JOIN
CHECK ALL OF THEM THAT RAN BEFORE THEY ARE ALL BACK AGAIN

ITS AN OCULTIC GROUP OF PEOPLE, AND THEY ARE OUR PROBLEM IN NIGERIA PERIOD.
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by Parnassuss(m): 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2010
PDP will take anything or anybody, shite packers, piss-drinkers, wife-swappers, dick-takers etc
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by Chinoanyi(m): 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2010
its a big shame to we felow abians for producing a of a thief like this, cuse of this single man an his family i regreted being an abian,look at the state of insecurity in the east today it all started from abia, he pays u money an he goes to ur bak and kidnap u,plss orji kalu if u re seing this may u neva leave long to witness the nes election in nigeria, plss say amen
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by Baro(m): 3:37pm On Jul 13, 2010
Shameless thief
Re: Kalu Declares For Pdp by seanet02: 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2010
TYPICAL IBO BIGPOWERS, THEY CAN NOT DO WITHOUT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, DO YOU EXPECT ALMIGHTY TINUBU, OLUSEGUN OSOBA, CHIEF BISI AKANDE, OLU FALAE, ADEFARATI, JIMI AGBAJE AND CO WESTERN PROGRESSIVES TO DO THIS, NEVER, THEY HAVE NEVER DONE SO, THEY HAVE BEEN LIVING ALL THEIR LIVE AS TRUE PROGRESSIVE AND HAVE NEVER BEEN PART OF THE SHAMBOLIC AND OCCULTIC POVERTY DEVELOPMENT PARTY UNLIKE THEIR IBO AND COW COUNTERPARTS. THE EAST CAN NOT COUNT THEIR PROGRESSIVES IN NUMBERS EXCEPT SOME PRINCIPLED ONES KOKORI AND CO. DESPITE IBOS INDUSTRIOUS YOUTHS, MAD DOGS LIKE KALU THE MONKEY WONT ALLOW THEM TO DEVELOP THE EAST INTO A DEVELOPED REGION. KALU IS A DEMON THAT NEED TO BE CAST OUT. OF THE MERE GEOGRAPHICAL EXPRESSION CALLED NIGERIA AT LEAST WHEN IT HAS NOT BEEN TORE TO PIECES.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Know About The Umaru Dikko Sega? / Lekki-ikoyi Bridge / Full List Of Nigeria's Richest Men Of 2011 And Their Networth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.