Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President (46667 Views)

PDP Crisis: Northern Group Rejects Atiku, Endorses Wike As Party Leader / Arewa SW Group Dumps Atiku, Endorses Tinubu / Monarchs Hails Oyetola's Governance Model, Endorses Him For Second Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by dochenaj: 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2018
tuoyoojo:
this is great news

however this is my question
since apc has done primaries and counted 14 million card carrying members, when would pdp do theirs can count 22 million card carrying members

no stone should be left unturned
APC's rigging machinery is already at play, if PDP like, let them be shouting "go get your PVC" and not make their own play. Elections are not won in Nigeria by votes but by rigging. It has always been like that and will always be.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2018
TruthHurts100:

[s]If he shared $15,000 on over 100 delegates in the primaries, how much e give baba as gift[/s]?
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by kingthreat(m): 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2018
kYjelly2:
The same way they were shouting FeBuhari, now they are shouting Atikulated

Same way they were saying even if Buhari doesn't have a certificate they'll vote for him, now they are saying even if Atiku is as corrupt as the devil, they'll vote for him

Same mistakes over and over again every election and our Dear Nigeria suffers for it because of our collective stupidity.

Why aren't we discussing ideas Why always WWE type stupid propaganda political talk

There are candidates right now with degrees from ivy league universities ready to work for Nigeria from day one, but all of you are exited about Atiku or Buhari

It's like you guys never really want this country to move forward. Don't tell me that those people who say that Nigeria will never be good are actually correct, I refuse to believe that!

You nailed the point. Nigerians don't know what they want. If Abacha were still alive, believe me he would have been president again

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by famology(m): 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2018
tuoyoojo:
this is great news

however this is my question
since apc has done primaries and counted 14 million card carrying members, when would pdp do theirs can count 22 million card carrying members

no stone should be left unturned

That direct primaries was a master stroke by the ruling party.They're already a step ahead of the pdp ,they've already done their calculations b4 the elections. Simply put,the Apc /buhari already has 14.8million votes b4 the election, I hope other parties are smarter to understand the game b4 it's 2 late.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 11, 2018
OsuEbonyi:

Go play with sand

OK am already doing that
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by KanwuliaMama: 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2018
Groovenaija360:
APC Zombies right now

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by poseidon12: 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2018
ChrisMafian:
Obasanjo is of no political importance, Atiku will be disgraced at the polls

Keep dreaming.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by MAYOWAAK: 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2018
ATIKU AND $5,000 - A ROMANCE WHICH BEGAN IN 1999.

By the constitution, I had to inaugurate or prorogue the National Assembly on June 4 1999. The most important officer in the National Assembly is the Senate President and that office had been zoned to the South East. And here was where Atiku Abubakar, my Vice President, first showed his hand and his character. Without seeking my view or aoproval, he started planning the installation of Chuba Okadigbo as the Senate President. I did a background check on Chuba including his past as a student and made enquiries about hin in the National Party of Nigeria (NPN) under Shagari and no one would recommend him for the post of Senate President. I left Atiku toho on his chase while I carried out a meticulous and detailed investigation and background check on each Senator from the South East. The one that appeared most appointable was Evan Enwerem. I canvassed the Senate across the board for his election and he was elected. Atiku did not expect it and he felt sore. He bagan to strategise for Enwerem to be removed and Chuba Okadigbo to be installed. His strategy worked because I was at Abuja airport to receive a visiting Head of State when news reached me that the Senate had mpeached Enwerem and elected Okadigbo. I was not perturbed. I came to understand from some Senators including Florence Ita Giwa, who later became my Special Adviser/ Liaison Officer to the National Assembly, that Atiku distributed US$5,000 each to some Senators to carry out the "coup". That was the beginning of bribing the legislature to carry out a particular line of action to suit or satisfy the purpose or desire of an individual or group. The National Assembly had tasted blood and they would continue to want more. From the day I nominated Atiku to be my Vice; he set his mind not for any good, benefit or service of the country, but on furiously planning to upstage, supplant or remove me at all costs and to take my place. That was what I brought him for, but he was impatient and over ambitious. He was not ready to learn and to wait. Pity!

His marabout, who predicted that despite being elected as Governor, he would not be sworn in as a Governor, which happened, also assured him that he would take over from me in a matter of months rather than years. All his plans, appointments of people and his actions were towards actualusation of his marabout's prediction. Once, I realised his intention and programme, I watched him like a hawk without giving any indication of what I knew and letting down my guard. I could not succumb to the distraction, diversion and malevolence of an ambitious but unwise deputy.

SOURCE : MY WATCH, VOLUME 2 BY EX PRESIDENT OLUSEGUN OBASANJO
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by famology(m): 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2018
dochenaj:

APC's rigging machinery is already at play, if PDP like, let them be shouting "go get your PVC" and not make their own play. Elections are not won in Nigeria by votes but by rigging. It has always been like that and will always be.

You got it spot on.They already have a projection ahead of the 2019 election. I won't be surprised if buhari gets 20million + votes.They've laid the foundation already with that 14.8million.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by macello4(m): 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2018
hucienda:
"Your political 'sins' are forgiven. Go and 'sin' no more." cheesy

Obasanjo has been finally Atikulated! grin

Expect him to give his advice on who should be Atiku's veep.
werey ur sense na 300%. U comment get to my table i will make u my vice. Lol.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by Modarun(m): 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2018
Chikpat:
This is a good sign of what to happen in the 2019 elections. The PMB camp should take this very seriously lest they return to Daura in 2019. They will beat their chest that they are on ground, unbeaten and stuffs but with the way Atiku is going, PDP will surprise the world at the dawn of the elctions.
Of cause i know that with a base vote of 15 million, INEC chair, all the service chiefs, NNPC, CBN etc, the Buhari incumbency can always show that Oga na master

Bros which 15million? I hope you didnt include 5million Shiites he slaughtered over 600 of their members? or the over 6milliion minority christian communities in Southern Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Sokoto, and so on who he picked Cows over them? Plateau and Benue is gone, Kwara is suspect, So where is the 15million going to come from? The only person Buhari is his Oga na master is Buharideens, Tinubu and his Zombies.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by Boss20: 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2018
Atiku 2019 is sealed and stamped.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by poseidon12: 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2018
OsuEbonyi:
Let no man play God. Power belongs to God only and only him gives it to whom he wants.

Next year is gonna be sweet. PMB till 2023.
Meanwhile, Lamidi Cownu is still turning in his shallow grave.

Fool.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by Princewell2012(m): 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2018
Chikpat:
This is a good sign of what to happen in the 2019 elections. The PMB camp should take this very seriously lest they return to Daura in 2019. They will beat their chest that they are on ground, unbeaten and stuffs but with the way Atiku is going, PDP will surprise the world at the dawn of the elctions.
Of cause i know that with a base vote of 15 million, INEC chair, all the service chiefs, NNPC, CBN etc, the Buhari incumbency can always show that Oga na master
.Jonathan tried it but it didn't work out. I supported buhari last time and wins but this time around am done with him. Am endorsing Atiku and he will automatically win the race.

P.s bookmark.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by geequ(m): 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2018
Next year election is going to be very interesting. Ee riran wo
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by babtoundey(m): 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2018
I feel sick hearing OBJ talking like a saint, a custodian of the commoners trust or measure of an exemplary statesman. I can imagine a Nigeria without a Obasanjo and his attributable corrupt and hillier-than-thou factor.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by poseidon12: 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2018
dheilaw1:
the loss of Atiku is the end of Obasanjo... keep this post for record purposes

And what if Atiku wins, as is expected?
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by oyetunder(m): 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2018
obj has the power of one vote.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by fergie001: 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2018
LZAA:

Sarkin and Roger3D wee not sleep this night grin
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by semyman: 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2018
Inconsequential, Buhari is a non mover till 2023. Deal with that.

Before I forget, have these pigdiots abandoned their agitation?
Are they celebrating for the prospective looter because he will condone criminality that is in their DNA?
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by akinolu66: 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2018
am just planning to decamp , I think I will have to reconsider my decision. up ATIKU
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by pacificom: 4:25pm On Oct 11, 2018
[quote author=Osagyefo98 post=71990444][/quote]

PDP Atiku is becoming stronger with the support of a political powerhouse like Obasanjo. The outstanding question now is that will Nigerians vote for Buhari who has been ruthlessly keeping citizens in hungry galore with a record of a very harsh economy, or will they vote for Mr. Atiku whom people so much doubt his credibility. Answer is when death comes from both directions, all you could do is to decide how you want to die and face your destiny.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 11, 2018
gaby:
In all of these and based on past experiences, I hope Nigerians will be able to look beyond these charades of individuals abrogating to themselves the toga of kingmakership by deciding for the entire populace who should be leading them.

These wanton display of megalomania and narcissism are certainly not borne out of love for country and care for the poor but to keep their relevance and perpetuate their allies in power as they keep with the tradition of plundering and sharing our commonwealth amongst themselves.

We should be deciding who to lead us based on what their pedigrees and manifestos are.

The one thing I have noticed about these our papa's and the one reason I am still sure they still have an edge over us the youths is their intelligence and the sort of education limited or advanced that they were blessed to have had access to when Nigeria was still under the British rule.

My dad is of the same class and even though most of them might not have gone beyond the standard 5, their use of English and ability to articulate themselves gets me vexed at what they bequeathed to us as a country and educational system. It hurts to see they had the best but stood aside and watch while it all went south for us.

I've listened to Obj, Atiku, Buhari, Ojukwu, Gowon, Ibb and a host of them and trust me, bar the accents, these guys understand the English language and would take today's graduate to the cleaners. I enjoy listening and reading from them and its a secret to understanding and garnering some wisdom.

I tell it the way I feel it and never intend to slight anyone.

Enjoy my siggy
trust me your comment is not for this forum. most people here are just moved by optics. no depth, no crtical reasoning.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by tuniski: 4:25pm On Oct 11, 2018
dheilaw1:
the loss of Atiku is the end of Obasanjo... keep this post for record purposes
TeamGEJ said same pre2015!

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by Askay: 4:27pm On Oct 11, 2018
This forgiveness got K leg o
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by adeokunade: 4:27pm On Oct 11, 2018
babtoundey:
I feel sick hearing OBJ talking like a saint, a custodian of the commoners trust or measure of an exemplary statesman. I can imagine a Nigeria without a Obasanjo and his attributable corrupt and hillier-than-thou factor.
I could remember University lecturers industrial strikes that marred Obj/ Atiku regime, just for Obj to use our collective wealth to establish the best library in the country and Atiku one of the best private university
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by degamemaster(m): 4:27pm On Oct 11, 2018
hucienda:
"Your political 'sins' are forgiven. Go and 'sin' no more." cheesy

Obasanjo has been finally Atikulated! grin

Expect him to give his advice on who should be Atiku's veep.

No be small matter here...in a very short time, even Buhari and Aisha will endorse Atiku. The real change is about to start. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by kYjelly2: 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2018
kingthreat:

You nailed the point. Nigerians don't know what they want. If Abacha were still alive, believe me he would have been president again

Don't underestimate this your statement, it's not even a joke at all. If Abacha were still alive after all the findings of money he stole, they could still package him to sell to Nigerians who have been complaining of no light, no water, high petrol prices, bla bla bla. Is it not the same Nigerians that were preaching MMM as if it were the second coming of Jesus Christ, even though sound minds warned and warned and warned and warned and....

Just put Abacha in APC with support of Tinubu, hence South West and their propaganda machinery, or in PDP with their HUGE WAR CHEST and before you know it, ordinary citizens on the street are screaming:

"Na Abacha we know, Abacha we Trust!"

"Even if Abacha stole, at least he spend d moni for naija"

"we av try Buhari, he din paform, so less try Abacha, if e no paform we vote him out"

It's truly sad bro cry
Re: 2019: Obasanjo Forgives Atiku, Endorses Him For President by bullabong(m): 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2018
Tortoise has spoken. Realigned without choice, follower of good fortune and......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abba Kyari: Why US Is Out To Expose Buhari’s Govt – Bamgbose / PDP Rally In Minjibir, Kano (Photos) / 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.