Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,926 members, 7,799,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process (101394 Views)

Australian Sponsorship Visa Issue. / Spouse - Family Travel - Spouse Domestic Abuse Route. / Help: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Makibarbie: 9:55pm On Mar 02, 2023
Okay

I submitted in January 2023

Did you sign your application forms digitally by typing your name or you and your spouse hand signed?
Griffin22:

First Application was submitted in December 2022
They returned in February requesting I didn’t fill a particular form,
Just filled that and submitted again
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Griffin22: 2:37pm On Mar 03, 2023
Makibarbie:
Okay

I submitted in January 2023

Did you sign your application forms digitally by typing your name or you and your spouse hand signed?

I and my spouse hand signed the documents that needed hand signature while the digitally forms needing name typing which was just one was also done accordingly
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Makibarbie: 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2023
Okay thank you. Keep me updated when you get your AOR and i will do same

Griffin22:

I and my spouse hand signed the documents that needed hand signature while the digitally forms needing name typing which was just one was also done accordingly
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Griffin22: 5:34pm On Mar 03, 2023
Makibarbie:
Okay thank you. Keep me updated when you get your AOR and i will do same

Okay I will
Congratulations to us in advance

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by adeptonlin(m): 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2023
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Onyeka8o: 4:12pm On Mar 04, 2023
Good day beautiful people. Pls help a
Brother. I’m married to a Canadian.
Outland application 2019, biometric done,
Police clearance done, medical done 2020.
Application in Accra Ghana.
Since den no response.
My wife got email last week that they need
Me for interview. Pls I want to ask Wht kind
Of questions did they ask during interview.
Thank u
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by ednut1(m): 6:27pm On Mar 04, 2023
Onyeka8o:
Since den no response.
Thank u
have you guys visited each other since you married . They want to ask you questions to ascertain if the marriage is genuine

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Onyeka8o: 6:42pm On Mar 04, 2023
Thanks for ur response. We hav been
Together three times. First visit in Turkey
Istanbul, 2times naija
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Onyeka8o: 6:45pm On Mar 04, 2023
ednut1:
have you guys visited each other since you married . They want to ask you questions to ascertain if the marriage is genuine

Istanbul, 2times naija
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by ednut1(m): 6:51pm On Mar 04, 2023
Onyeka8o:

Istanbul, 2times naija
👍 nothing to fear then. Just answer them truthfully
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Onyeka8o: 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2023
ednut1:
👍 nothing to fear then. Just answer them truthfully

Pls after d interview, Wht could be d next
Step
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by vincechyme(m): 7:33pm On Mar 04, 2023
hi bro I want to know how long before they requested for this interview, and since your wife is not in the country ,does she have to come down for the interview?
Onyeka8o:
Since den no response.
Thank u
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by aestake: 7:36pm On Mar 04, 2023
Onyeka8o:
Since den no response.
Thank u
Just defend your union.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by vincechyme(m): 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2023
Hi everyone. My wife and I just started this process ,she already has her PR and currently in Canada, I am currently in Germany completing my masters program, and my wife and I have met in Nigeria twice, of which one of them was for our court wedding. My questions are is it compulsory to get an interview invite for this kind of scenario and where would the interview be since I'm currently in Germany. secondly, I just did my police character certificate here in Germany, someone also said i have to do that of Nigeria also, The problem now is I don't know how to do the Nigerian police certificate on proxy, especially now that they have made the process online... please guys i need any help I can get on this. Thanks in advance
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Onyeka8o: 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2023
vincechyme:
hi bro I want to know how long before they requested for this interview, and since your wife is not in the country ,does she have to come down for the interview?

2years covid delayed my application.
She is d one sponsoring me, am d going
Going for d interview
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Onyeka8o: 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2023
aestake:

Just defend your union.

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by DavidHume(m): 1:56am On Mar 05, 2023
Hello guys , goodevening. Pls I have a question. I am a PR and my wife got her visitor visa last yr October . She has been in canada since last yr October. I have filed in a spousal sponsorship for her as an inland while she is in around Feb. Pls what I need to ask is.......can an inland applicant stay beyond 6month of her visiting visa while she has submitted her spousal sponsorship PR application. Or she has to leave before six month elapse and come back in since she has the Multiple entry visitor visa.
so we don't break 6month validity stay of temporary residents.

Though we are abt submitting the extension of stay application. But do you think she still has to leave before six month elapse incase we don't get a response from dem before then.

Also I have received the email her application has been received, can she go ahead to apply for an open work permit?

Thanks in Anticipation. To the elders in the house.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by lekanlaniyan(m): 2:16am On Mar 05, 2023
Onyeka8o:
Since den no response.
Thank u

Kindly go with enough evidence about your relationship, such as
1. chat messages
2. pictures
3. emailed shared together
4, pictures of gifts you gave each other.

and many more/............................

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by lekanlaniyan(m): 2:18am On Mar 05, 2023
Onyeka8o:

Pls after d interview, Wht could be d next
Step

Request for your International Passport to issue you your PR Visa

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by lekanlaniyan(m): 2:30am On Mar 05, 2023
vincechyme:
Hi everyone. My wife and I just started this process ,she already has her PR and currently in Canada, I am currently in Germany completing my masters program, and my wife and I have met in Nigeria twice, of which one of them was for our court wedding. My questions are is it compulsory to get an interview invite for this kind of scenario and where would the interview be since I'm currently in Germany. secondly, I just did my police character certificate here in Germany, someone also said i have to do that of Nigeria also, The problem now is I don't know how to do the Nigerian police certificate on proxy, especially now that they have made the process online... please guys i need any help I can get on this. Thanks in advance

To answer your questions.
1. You can be called for an interview, the VO will decide on that.

2. The location for your Interview depends on where you submitted your application. If it was in Germany, you could be called to get your interview done over there in Germany.

3. Kindly, email (akinolataofeekoutfit8@gmail.com or call +234-801-0721-0620) for your Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate.

Thank You.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by aestake: 4:22am On Mar 05, 2023
DavidHume:
Hello guys , goodevening. Pls I have a question. I am a PR and my wife got her visitor visa last yr October . She has been in canada since last yr October. I have filed in a spousal sponsorship for her as an inland while she is in around Feb. Pls what I need to ask is.......can an inland applicant stay beyond 6month of her visiting visa while she has submitted her spousal sponsorship PR application. Or she has to leave before six month elapse and come back in since she has the Multiple entry visitor visa.

Though we are abt submitting the extension of stay application. But do you think she still has to leave before six month elapse incase we don't get a response from dem before then.

Also I have received the email her application has been received, can she go ahead to apply for an open work permit?

No, she stays throughout the time it takes IRCC to finalize the application. I believe you applied for her open work alongside the PR's.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by gtkay(f): 7:16am On Mar 05, 2023
[quote author=lekanlaniyan post=121480245]

To answer your questions.
1. You can be called for an interview, the VO will decide on that.

2. The location for your Interview depends on where you submitted your application. If it was in Germany, you could be called to get your interview done over there in Germany.

3. Kindly, email (akinolataofeekoutfit8@gmail.com or call +234-801-0721-0620) for your Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate.

Thank You.
Please the number is incorrect
Thank you for the information
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by lekanlaniyan(m): 1:26pm On Mar 05, 2023
[quote author=gtkay post=121482313][/quote]

0810-721-0620.

Kindly find the correct phone number.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by DavidHume(m): 6:48pm On Mar 05, 2023
aestake:

No, she stays throught out the time it takes IRCC to finalize the application. I believe you applied for her open work alongside the PR's.

Without applying for an extension of stay you mean?
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by aestake: 6:55pm On Mar 05, 2023
DavidHume:

Without applying for an extension of stay you mean?
No extension. Even without open work permit, just that you won't legally work.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by GraciousWords: 8:11pm On Mar 05, 2023
DavidHume:

It seems once you apply for a TRV extension before her current stay ends, then she has implied status and is fine....until you get a decision on the extension. Read here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

It also seems you can go ahead and apply for open work permit. Read here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/spouse-common-law-partner-canada-open-work-permit.html

Just my reading of the website, no personal experience. All the best!
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Makibarbie: 9:04pm On Mar 08, 2023
Please does receiving a mail from IRCC stating application to sponsor was received with App no means AOR? Though the applicant is yet to receive any email of such.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by manny63p: 7:53am On Mar 09, 2023
I’m also looking for info on how I can send my passport directly to Accra. Grateful for your assistance

Dan90s:
Application received: May 5, 2022
Sponsor Approval: August 16, 2022
Biometrics received : August 16, 2022
Biometrics completed: August 19, 2022
Medical request: Oct 3 2022
Medical completed : Oct 21, 2022
ADR: Proof of contact & funds: Jan 5, 2023
ADR Received: Jan 18, 2023
Eligibility completed: Feb 14, 2023
Background check completed: Feb 14, 2023
Pre-arrival mail : Feb 15, 2023
COPR in tracker: Feb 16, 2023
PPR mail: Feb 17, 2023

Looking for info on how can I send passport directly to either Accra or Kenya rather than going through VFS Lagos or Abuja as I heard they can be slow. I'll probably have to send it to Accra if I'm doing it directly because my VO is in Accra. I'd appreciate any help pls. Thanks!
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by megastu(m): 2:51am On Mar 10, 2023
No. You will receive a seperate and distinct e-mail when the application is opened and everything is in order. That is what is known as AOR.
Makibarbie:
Please does receiving a mail from IRCC stating application to sponsor was received with App no means AOR? Though the applicant is yet to receive any email of such.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Makibarbie: 9:59pm On Mar 10, 2023
Okay thank you so much.
Also, Do you know how long apart it takes for the applicant to get the mail after the sponsor has received the first email.

megastu:
No. You will receive a seperate and distinct e-mail when the application is opened and everything is in order. That is what is known as AOR.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Donshocker(m): 7:43am On Mar 11, 2023
> Online Application submitted: 10th August 2022
> AOR: November 16th
>Biometrics Instruction letter: November 17th
> Sponsor’s Eligibility: November 18th
> Biometric done: 21th November
> Medical Request: 9th January 2023
Medical done: 11th January

Long silence to date.
Please how long does this silence takes?
Any August applicants?
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by lekanlaniyan(m): 3:02pm On Mar 11, 2023
Donshocker:
> Online Application submitted: 10th August 2022
> AOR: November 16th
>Biometrics Instruction letter: November 17th
> Sponsor’s Eligibility: November 18th
> Biometric done: 21th November
> Medical Request: 9th January 2023
Medical done: 11th January

Long silence to date.
Please how long does this silence takes?
Any August applicants?

I am June 2022 applicant, and all the above process has been carried out.

Usually, it takes within 2-4months + for your Eligibility and Background Verification to be completed.

Then you will get Pre-arrival email, COPR, and International Passport Requests.

Success.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (57) (Reply)

Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa / Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) / Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.