Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Finally Obasanjo Endorse Atiku, Said I Have Forgiven You Whole Hearted. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finally Obasanjo Endorse Atiku, Said I Have Forgiven You Whole Hearted. (340 Views)

Arewa Joint Committee: What Atiku Said In Kaduna Today / 6-Year Single Term: Atiku Said Lawmakers Threw Away Baby With Bath Water / I Have Forgiven You, But You Have To Mend Your International Image~Obj To Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally Obasanjo Endorse Atiku, Said I Have Forgiven You Whole Hearted. by Isiomabright: 5:31pm On Oct 11, 2018
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo has officially endorsed former vice President Atiku Abubakar to run for the Presidency of Nigeria come 2019.

Obasanjo disclosed this while briefing newsmen after a meeting with Atiku, leaders of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) and others key stakeholders in his country home in Abeokuta.

Obasanjo said that he was giving his blessings to Atiku because he (Atiku) had ‘re-discovered and re-positioned himself’and as such had earned his (Obasanjo’s) forgiveness.

He said that Atiku had re positioned himself enough to now enjoy his support in the next election, adding that Atiku is the “the next President of Nigeria”.

Read full text below:

“Let me start by congratulating President-to-be, Atiku Abubakar, for his success at the recent PDP Primary and I took note of his gracious remarks in his acceptance speech that it all started here.

“Yes, when it started, it was meant for Atiku to succeed Obasanjo. In the presence of these distinguished leaders of goodwill today, let me say it openly that we have reviewed what went wrong on the side of Atiku.

“And in all honesty, my former Vice-President has re-discovered and re-positioned himself. As I have repeatedly said, it is not so much what you did against me that was the issue but what you did against the Party, the Government and the country.

“I took the stand I had taken based on the character and attributes you exhibited in the position you found yourself.

“I strongly believe that I was right. It was in the overall interest of everyone and everything to take such a position.

“From what transpired in the last couple of hours or so, you have shown remorse; you have asked for forgiveness and you have indicated that you have learnt some good lessons and you will mend fences and make amends as necessary and as desirable.

“Whenever or wherever you might have offended me, as a Christian who asks for God’s forgiveness of my sins and inadequacies on daily basis, I forgive and I sincerely advise you to learn from the past and do what is right and it will be well with you.

“Obviously, you have mended fences with the Party and fully reconciled with the Party.

“That’s why today, you are the Presidential Candidate of the Party. In addition to appreciating all that the Party has done for you, may I advise you to work together with all those who contested for the Party’s flag with you as a team for your campaign.

“There are still areas, nationally and internationally, where you have to mend fences and make amends. You will know how to handle what is already out and what may yet be put out by the opposition. But, I am convinced that if you continue with the attitude that brought you here with these distinguished leaders of goodwill, with remorse and contrite heart, the rest of the coast within and outside the country can be cleared. And if there is anything I can do and you want me to do in that respect, I will do.

“I am sure with the right attitude for change where necessary, and by putting lessons learned by you to work, you will get the understanding, cooperation, support and mandate – all at the national level.

“With Nigerians voting for you, it will mean that you secure their forgiveness and regain their confidence. It will be with the hope or assurance of a Paul on the road to Damascus Conversion. After all, change and conversion are of man. I believe that with a contrite heart, change is possible in everybody’s life and situation.

“For me, relatively and of all the aspirants in the PDP, you have the widest and greatest exposure, experience, outreach and possibly the best machinery and preparation for seeing the tough and likely dirty campaign ahead through. From what I personally know of you, you have capacity to perform better than the incumbent. You surely understand the economy better; you have business experience, which can make your administration business-friendly and boost the economy and provide jobs.

“You have better outreach nationally and internationally and that can translate to better management of foreign affairs. You are more accessible and less inflexible and more open to all parts of the country in many ways. As Pastor Bakare, one-time running mate of the incumbent President said, “You are a wazobia man.” And that should
Read more
http://www.foxreuter.com/2018/10/finally-obasanjo-endorse-atiku-said-i.html?m=1#more

1 Share

Re: Finally Obasanjo Endorse Atiku, Said I Have Forgiven You Whole Hearted. by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 6:21pm On Oct 11, 2018
Choose ye today whom ye will vote, as for me and my house, we will vote Atiku

1 Like

Re: Finally Obasanjo Endorse Atiku, Said I Have Forgiven You Whole Hearted. by gdonj1(m): 6:36pm On Oct 11, 2018
Nobody is against Buhari because ofreligion!Yar'adua was a Muslim (we all loved him)Nobody is against Buhari because ofethnicity!Yar'adua was Hausa-Fulani (we loved him)Nobody is holding Buhari's sickness against 6him!Yar'adua was sick (we all prayed for him)Nobody is asking Buhari to perform magicof transformationY
ar'adua did not perform magic, he took little steps in the right direction that endeared him to us.There was global recession in 2007-2009,one man came, saved us from the crisis.Saved Billions of Dollars for Nigeria,increased salaries, reduce pump price. Idon’t know how he did it when he was sick,and he didn’t blame anyone. His name is Umaru Yar’adua. Share this to all buharist supporters for more enlightenment,we never hate rather our brain is intact.To feel the realities. Good morning pals.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally Obasanjo Endorse Atiku, Said I Have Forgiven You Whole Hearted. by behosgroups2019: 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2018
LOOOK AT OBJ

SOLD ALMOST ALL OUR COMMONWEALTH......nepa, refineries,nitel etc

FOUGHT OVER LOOTED FUND WITH HIS VICE....ptdf and fasawe saga

INCREASED FUEL PRICE AND SOLD ALL OUR REFINERIES ON THE EVE OF HIS LEAVING OFFICE.....to dangote, otedola etc

HIS SUCCESSOR (YARADUA) INHERITED CRISIS AND STRIKE FROM 1ST DAY IN OFFICE..........due to bad governance and his wickedness against all Nigerians

FOUGHT HIS SON GBENGA AND SLEPT WITH HIS SON'S WIFE IN LIEU OF OIL CONTRACT.....destroyed Gbenga's marital home...abomination

LURED EL-RUFAI INTO DESTROYING PEOPLE'S PROPERTY IN ABUJA WITHOUT COMPENSATION.....heartless

COMMITTED GENOCIDE IN ODI, ZAKIBIAM ETC.......genocide

MONOPOLIZED MANY BIZ AND CEMENT BIZ WITH DANGOTE...his money launderer

MONETIZED NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.......with "ghana must go bags"

FORCED ATIKU OUT OF HIS OFFICIAL VP LODGE.................cos of his 3rd term agenda

FORCED AUDU OGBE OUT OF PDP OFFICE WITH GUN...............babaric

KIDNAPPED A SITTING GOVERNOR IN ANAMBRA, NGIGE................andy and chris uba, the godfathers era

WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS BROTHER BOLA IGE, HARRY MARSHAL ETC...........no report yet

WHO KILLED SENATOR CHUBA OKADIGBO (OYI OF OYI)...........Buhari's running mate in 2003 election

DIVIDED AND HUMILIATED ALL IGBO SENATORS.............with guns and money

INTIMIDATED ALL HIS OPPONENTS WITH EFCC AND ASSASINATION.....dont forget regular plane crashes

INCACERATED UWAZURIKE FOR BIAFRA AGITATION...................

KILLED OVER 2483 INDEGENES OF ODI IN BAYELSA STATE.....

WANTED TO CHANGE NIGERIA CONSTITUTION BECAUSE OF 3RD TERM AGENDER.....almost Killed Sen. Ken Nnamni & Hon. Aminu Masari

TWARTED THE ZONING ARRANGEMENT OF HIS PARTY PDP........this led to crisis in PDP and eventually lost power to APC.

OBJ IS A KNOW CORRUPT LEADER

HOW CAN THIS KIND OF MAN BRING PEACE AND PROGRESS IN NIGERIA?.....Impossible

DECEIVED NIGERIANS AGAINST GEJ. HE TOLD US THAT JONATHAN WAS TRAINING SNIPERS TO KILL PROMINENT NIGERIANS IN 2015 ELECTION. TODAY HE HAS GONE BACK TO JONATHAN AFTER ALL THE LIES AGAINST GEJ. PLEASE GEJ AND MAMA PEACE WATCH YOUR BACK, ALIGN WITH SINCERE NIGERIANS. MY BEST ADVISE IS THAT YOU WORK WITH THE PRESENT ADMINISTRATION TO MOVE NIGERIA FORWARD. LET OBJ NOT USE YOU FOR POLITICAL GAINS. HE IS AN EVIL MAN. ONLY A FOOL CAN BELIEVE OBJ.

IBB BROUGHT HIM OUT FROM PRISON, MADE HIM PRESIDENT BUT HE STILL BETRAYED HIM.

AFTER BEGGING ATIKU TO SUPPORT HIS 2ND TERM, HE EVEN TOOK AN OATH WITH HOLY BIBLE. BUT HE STILL BETRAYED ATIKU.

HE BETRAYED YARADUA

HE BETRAYED JONATHAN

HE WANTS TO BETRAY BUHARI NOW

NIGERIANS BE WISE......WITH OBJ NIGERIA CANNOT MOVE FORWARD.

OBJ IS THE EVIL IN NIGERIA.......UNTIL WE REJECT AND IGNORE HIM, NIGERIA CANNOT KNOW PEACE

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Joins Atiku, Obasanjo For A Close Door Meeting(photos) / Buhari ‘too Weak’ To Sign African Continental Free Trade Area (afcfta), Says OBJ / Tinubu And The Visionary Looters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.