Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? (61983 Views)

The Most Popular and influential Politicians From South South / Obasanjo Vs Buhari: You Lack Respect – PDP Blasts Tinubu / El Clasico Match: Obasanjo Vs Buhari - Tweet Thread By Ebube D Statesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by candygist: 11:07pm On Oct 11, 2018
kodded:

you go give me 5k ?

I will give you development that you unborn children will be proud of
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by neyobills: 11:11pm On Oct 11, 2018
I don't see any reason for comparism in any way because even Tinubu knows OBJ is his father,he is a Yoruba man and knows better,OBJ had been having dinner in the white house with Jimmy Carter his buddy when Tinubu was prolly driving cabs to make ends meet in London,one thing I love about OBJ is that he is always patriotic to the Nigerian cause besides OBJ is a covert CIA agent so u do the math.
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by uthlaw: 11:13pm On Oct 11, 2018
obj support buhari in 2015 because Jonathan did not follow is wish and he no dat PDP will lose the election,tinubu win the election for APC that why is boy's were given many post.vice president (yemi osibanjo),minister of finance (kemi adeosun), minister of power(Raji fasola), minister of mining (kayode fayemi), majority leader house of rep,his wife as a senator,governor of Osun state, governor of Lagos State, governor of ekiti state that just won the election, governor of ondo state, governor of oyo state,new governor that won Osun state, incoming governor that won Lagos state primary.common Senate seat obj can't win for iyabo...

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by JegaQuin: 11:23pm On Oct 11, 2018
WhyMoD:
Is ur brain dead?
Tinubu is a local player..
Apart from SW, where else does tinubu influences reach?

However Obasanjo is only influential within his fowls in his farm!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Alepa(m): 11:31pm On Oct 11, 2018
zazza01:

in NW He has Sen Kwankwaso, Sule Lamido and Sen Ahmed Makarfi, all they ruled 8yrs in thier states. In NC he has Sen Saraki, Gorge Akume, Divid Mark, Babangida Aliyu and etc. NE he has Nuhu Ribado, Isa Yuguda, Ahmed Adamu Muazu and Danjuma Goje.
You are a clown
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by kodded(m): 11:40pm On Oct 11, 2018
candygist:

I will give you development that you unborn children will be proud of
OK

sai cangygist 2023 cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by flexs(m): 11:41pm On Oct 11, 2018
tuniski:
Stop comparing local champion tinubu with global icon OBJ!
on point

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by flexs(m): 11:41pm On Oct 11, 2018
On point
tuniski:
on point

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Priceless49(m): 1:04am On Oct 12, 2018
All politics is local & currently without doubt TINUBU IS more influential than OBJ.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Beat123(f): 1:11am On Oct 12, 2018
Tinubu na Oga for Lagos and Lagos only! I pass am
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by thespokenword: 2:03am On Oct 12, 2018
One is a thief . One is ebora ,i.e oracle. So simply put , both are powerful
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by mamajaz(f): 2:18am On Oct 12, 2018
tuniski:
Same thought crossed my mind.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Borderless: 2:45am On Oct 12, 2018
Johnnyessence:
In Nigeria of today, between Tinubu and Obasanjo, who is more powerful and influential?

Just a sincere overview, not based on very recent political activities. alot of argument are much in my neighbourhood, i still support obasanjo cos' upon his age, he is still much influential and powerful. i need more of your response in the house.

Comparing OBJ with Tinubu? Haaaaaa, no basis for comparison at all. Tinubu Bawo? Please stop it!
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Burgerlomo: 2:57am On Oct 12, 2018
WhyMoD:
Is ur brain dead?
Tinubu is a local player..
Apart from SW, where else does tinubu influences reach?

His very influential in Sudan, Somalia etc cool

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:00am On Oct 12, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Thanks dear ...i was trying to say even Tinubu is a major share holder in Atikus Intels

Okay. wink
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Rapture4real(m): 5:16am On Oct 12, 2018
tuniski:

You've said it all.No one knows Tinubu in Togo.OBJ is worldwide

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by emmie14: 5:26am On Oct 12, 2018
Johnnyessence:
seriously i can't lie to you my brother, it is serious argument in my neighbourhood. someone still says that it is tinubu because of Ambode removal saga.
Ambode is just Lagos. We are talking about Nigeria and global influence
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by emmie14: 5:32am On Oct 12, 2018
jaymichael:
In Nigeria Tinubu straight up. Internationally, OBJ. People don't know how influential Tinubu is to the extent that there are people who are ready to take a bullet for him. I listen sometimes when they talk about him to deduce that he is naturally respected and revered as I am close to some local politicians at the ward level in my community in Lagos here (at least), I can't say the same for OBJ. To OBJ it is about what can you offer for what I have to give.
Tinubu is a baby. Is a global insult to compare Chief Obasanjo with Tinubu. Who is Tinubu. Just SW power broker.
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by tunary(m): 7:07am On Oct 12, 2018
tuniski:
I love this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by johnwell(m): 7:13am On Oct 12, 2018
Seriously?
Why comparing that local Lagos tout chairman with OBJ?
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by jaymichael(m): 7:37am On Oct 12, 2018
emmie14:

Tinubu is a baby. Is a global insult to compare Chief Obasanjo with Tinubu. Who is Tinubu. Just SW power broker.
Obasanjo cannot beat his chest that he can deliver a state for any candidate. Tinibu can guarantee you millions of vote. He can leave the party he formed today and he is guaranteed of winning governorship, senate, both state and federal assembly elections. He helped formed AD, he left and formed AC, he won. He formed ACN, he won, His ACN merged with PMB's CPC to become APC, they won the center. That friend is influence. OBJ cannot influence the election of his local government. Internationaly, based on his portfolio and office held, he has greater influence than Tinubu. He can also cajole elite politicians and ex generals than Tinubu but for grassroots mobilization and support, Tinubu is vastly more influential as the grassroots deliver the votes. OBJ got his influence based on the office occupied but tinubu as a srewd politician built and toiled for the influence he enjoys. He knows when to give and draw favors. He knows when to bargain hard anf when to concede. He is a politician par excellence OBJ cannot dream of. Tinubu has thousands and millions who can take a bullet for him, the same cannot be said for Baba OBJ. Ever wondered why an ex Governor could be this powerful?
OBJ is a POWERFUL man with NO POWER BASE while Tinubu is a equally a POWERFUL man with INFLUENCE and A POWER BASE and SOLIDLY LOYAL POLITICAL STRUCTURE ready to deliver for him anytime

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Johnnyessence(m): 7:37am On Oct 12, 2018
emmie14:

Ambode is just Lagos. We are talking about Nigeria and global influence
obj has it all. he is cool and quiet cos' he is pursuing his phD. now he is done with it.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by Ovamboland(m): 8:10am On Oct 12, 2018
Johnnyessence:
exactly on point, do you know some people in my neighbourhood said that tinubu is more powerful than obasanjo. i strongly disagree with them.if obasanjo can create ADC party and still alot of lawmakers in the green and red chamber are decamping to ADC , definitely he is widely accepted. tinubu should create another party and let us see how he is more strong and widely accepted.

Tinubu has created a party AC over ten years ago, what OBJ is just trying in 2018.
With AC becoming ACN, he was able to win governorship seats in 5 SW states and Edo state, and legislature seats as far as Benue, Anambra etc
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by praise2009: 8:12am On Oct 12, 2018
NON OF THEM! BUT GOD
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by temisimo: 8:19am On Oct 12, 2018
[quote author=WhyMoD post=71994041]Is ur brain dead? Tinubu is a local player.. Apart from SW, where else does tinubu influences reach? remember he single handedly gave you Buhari
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by WhyMoD: 8:23am On Oct 12, 2018
[quote author=temisimo post=72008335][/quote]lies.
You know what we haven't told the SW..
Have u checked the 2015 election?

Apc got just a little vote more than PDP. That mean that it wasn't SW that gave APC victory..

But guess what? They started claiming the glory immediately Buhari won. That's who they are.. always ready to claim the winning side.
Never willing to stick through thick and thin.
Jus watch how they'll start claiming they gave Atiku victory wen he eventually wns..

And yet you wonder why ur marriages don't last long.
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by MENTORCH(m): 8:44am On Oct 12, 2018
jaymichael:
In Nigeria Tinubu straight up. Internationally, OBJ. People don't know how influential Tinubu is to the extent that there are people who are ready to take a bullet for him. I listen sometimes when they talk about him to deduce that he is naturally respected and revered as I am close to some local politicians at the ward level in my community in Lagos here (at least), I can't say the same for OBJ. To OBJ it is about what can you offer for what I have to give.

Story, even Tinubu himself went to see Obasanjo with Buhari during the campaign in 2015. You can’t compare Tinubu with Obasanjo. Obasanjo doesn’t even have a party but he still relevant. Tinubu has so many loyalist, that’s what is helping him.
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by DeWorlex45(m): 8:44am On Oct 12, 2018
OBASANJO had been wat TINUBU might not bcome till he dies. Someone bcoming a 2 terms (8yrs) President of Nigeria is absolutely not rice & beans. There is a difference btw someone who engage in state politics & someone who was once d chairman of ASSOCIATION OF FORMER PRESIDENTS.

That TINUBU controls South West politics apart from Lagos & Osun is even overrated because all his efforts in support of AKEREDOLU during MIMIKO's 2nd term, & his support for OLUSEGUN ABRAHAM during d APC primaries that ensures AKEREDOLU victory in ONDO State confirm it all.

Infact, d just concluded OSUN Election dt makes ADELEKE of PDP wins if not for d ''Sham rerun'' really confirm that TINUBU's influence in SW politics is overrated apart from his Lagos base.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by tuniski: 8:50am On Oct 12, 2018
emmangrace:

Tinubu has nothing to collect from Obasanjo, Likewise Obasanjo has nothing to collect from Tinubu. The duo are popular in their domains

Tinubu's domain even in Nigeria is local while OBJ is national and global!
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by BlackBaron: 8:54am On Oct 12, 2018
Tinubu is a local warlord and Mafia boss whose hope for influence can only be achieved through thuggery and treachery. Outside of that, what sort of influence has he got??

Obasanjo is a statesman who is able to critique, advice and also engage across all strata of the country. Internationally respected and without the fraudulent undertone of the Mr Bigs of the SW.
Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by naijapage(f): 9:05am On Oct 12, 2018
In This Country , Only the God of Alph Lukau Will Help us

Re: Obasanjo Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Powerful And Influential? by ofwest47(m): 9:13am On Oct 12, 2018
Obasanjo is not even welcomed in Abeokuta not to talk of entire Ogun state which is just one of the 36 states of the Federation. Ask yourself, when last has Obasanjo been invited to take part in an Egbaland program of activities in Abeokuta Egbaland not talk of the entire Ogun state.
To know who Obasanjo really is go and ask his daughter Iyabo Obasanjo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Peter Obi Branded Phone Case (Pictured) / Timi Dakolo Calls Osinbajo 'Lie Lie Pastor'? (Photos) / This Photo Of Buhari Went Viral This Week On Fb And Twitter[photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.