Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now (20698 Views)

Roman Goddess And Yung6ix Spotted At A Strip Club (Photos) / Akpororo Finally Addresses The Nasty Comment Made By Yung6ix's DJ About His Wife / "PD Had Sex With Akpororo's Wife, Impregnated Her 5 Times, Aborted" Yung6ix's DJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 11, 2018
grin grin grin
Nemesis001:

Legends of sperm donors abi?

This is how you failed in highschool o.

Is Tuface a rapper?. Olodo
chain bros sufri oh, make person no go kill Im self grin
Nemesis001:

chain bros sufri oh, make person no go kill Im self
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by gatecrash123: 10:52pm On Oct 11, 2018
I concur with u, the only two rappers who haven't change their style is MI abaga and yungsix. even MI himself said yungsix is the best rapper he has ever seen in Nigeria. #youRappersShouldFixUpYourLife in MI voice
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by simeotexy: 11:00pm On Oct 11, 2018
GOFRONT:
Tuface is still the legend
embarassed
GOFRONT:
bro are u mad..or trying to be mad..is itudface a rapper?
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by Adiwana: 11:14pm On Oct 11, 2018
NiggasInParis:
No doubt you have been a bit consistent, but, rap music in naija these days wont get the type of recognition it will have got back in the days. 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011when naija hip hop was at its peak.

Songs like MI, safe, Eldee Big boy, Banky w Lagos party, Nateo c kini big deal, Dagrin pon pon pon & a lot others rocked the waves back then and there were all rap songs. Even your favorite (singer) rappers today blew with rap songs..

Now there is so much cholesterol in the industry and niggas only out to make groupie money. Everybody doing one thing. Singing!

Rap scene in Naija long died in 2012 with MI Illegal music 2 mix tape being the last pure hiphop material that shook heads. Though there were other projects of his that have followed, like Chairman, Illegal music3, rendezvous and of recent Yung denzel(brilliant piece)-
Well, its only unfortunate to say one man cant revamp the industry.

Thank You brah for this.I liked Phyno and olamide during the No guts No glory,yahoo boy no laptop era.Even fvcked a lot with Ice prince First album (even though i surprisingly fvck with last album).But these past few years has been a total mess in terms of rap.I cant even listen to both artists again.I expected Them to consolidate afro hiphop but just like everything,na to chase hit singles with Singing.And the few raps they actually now do seems very terrible cause they have lost that identity

As for M.I,i think hes just wasting his time dedicating a whole album in trying to wake rappers up in this country cause honestly,nobody cares about it.They love the pangolo sound and even Zoro i held at high esteem,seem to follow that part after making an impact for me through hia indigenous rap.It really a sad state in which hiphop is in this country

Btw,his last album was very good.Never expected that production not to talk about word play and lyricism. Its a 9/10 for me

1 Like

Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by eazeeboy: 11:52pm On Oct 11, 2018
Gisters:
Yung6ix says he is presently the only rapper in the country and that no other artiste is doing rap music.

Real name Onome Onokohwomo, the artiste said 50 Cent, Jay Z, Lil Wayne and Kanye West are the foreign rappers that inspire him.

Yung6ix said “it’s a fact” that there is no rap artiste like him in Nigeria.

“I am the only rapper in the country right now,” he said during a show on Hip TV.

“I can’t see anybody doing modern day rap music apart from myself. It’s just the truth. It’s just the fact. They don’t do it like I do it.”

The rapper said being a native of the south-south region of Nigeria has been the most challenging thing for him in his career.

“Coming from south-south Nigeria has been the most challenging stuff because when people want to do anything, they keep the south-south out of it,” he said.

“When they want to give awards, they keep us out of it. First of all, which other rapper from south-south has been doing this for the past ten years?

“I had a chance because I came into the industry under the right record label.”

Young6ix, who released his first single in 2011, also commented on the rise and growing influence of the Afrobeats genre.

He said: “When we started, the industry was not on this level. We are past the point where Afrobeats is so big. We are about to conquer the world.”

When asked about his relationship status, the rapper said it “depends on my location”, adding that “sometimes, I wake up single, sometimes I don’t”.

He added: “Music is a selfish career, very, very selfish.”

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/only-rapper-in-nigeria-yung6ix/
this dude is a braggart
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 12, 2018
ominilongest:
Because ladiPOE na shoemaker grin

I swear brother...yung6ix should go and listen to T.A.P ,then he'll learn how to rap better
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by donqx: 1:25am On Oct 12, 2018
smiley
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by golddeejay(m): 2:14am On Oct 12, 2018
beejayphako:
Confirm... Yung6ix sabi make we talk true.. so underrated
Ina the benz is a big song this year alone
Don't listen much to Nigeria rap or much Nigeria songs. I downloaded that ina d Benz based on your comment, the song is just a regular "saying gibberish on an average beat". I would have said it was because I listened to it once. But the lyrics is too fluffy for the song to grow on me. if this is even nominated for song of the year, then Nigeria music is 'confirmed' trash.

But again We all have different taste and opinions about music.
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by golddeejay(m): 2:17am On Oct 12, 2018
Angrydaveed:

I swear brother...yung6ix should go and listen to T.A.P ,then he'll learn how to rap better
Your best Tracks on the album because I use my data download rubbish �
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by hundredrivas(m): 2:44am On Oct 12, 2018
Hmm no let vector d viper hear u ooo.Except say u want some lyrical getdown & smackdown.
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by 2shure: 3:24am On Oct 12, 2018
yung buck only
fuc 6 or half a dozen
wack ass homo

Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by Jaqenhghar: 5:56am On Oct 12, 2018
What I find funny is the concept of a Niggerian rapper. That's like watching these white guys performing Fela's song and trying to get the pidgin right.
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by LucemFerre: 5:57am On Oct 12, 2018
You've gotta be fvcking kidding me undecided

The painful thing is people around the world see all these telemundo watching brain dead clueless Nigerian fools calling this braggart a rapper, Even saying he's the best and think we're all the same.
So, for anybody reading these stup!d people's posts, on behalf of hip hop lovers in Nigeria I say, This homo is a clown at best. He's not even a rapper, he just talks on instrumentals. Talking about this alone is humilliating but, I gotta do this. Young what? Smfh

1 Like

Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by HayZee06(m): 6:44am On Oct 12, 2018
The truth is that most of all these naija rappers started with pure rap song and thats wat brought most of em to limelight bt eventually drifted far away frm wat we knw dem for to join bandwagons and start singing (i dnt blame them tho) cos naija music industry is nt to write home abt, u jst av to do wateva it takes to stay relevant.
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by Nicky042(m): 6:44am On Oct 12, 2018
He is not,lli Bliss, has hot singles
Gisters:
Yung6ix says he is presently the only rapper in the country and that no other artiste is doing rap music.

Real name Onome Onokohwomo, the artiste said 50 Cent, Jay Z, Lil Wayne and Kanye West are the foreign rappers that inspire him.

“I am the only rapper in the country right now,” he said during a show on Hip TV.

“I can’t see anybody doing modern day rap music apart from myself. It’s just the truth. It’s just the fact. They don’t do it like I do it.”

The rapper said being a native of the south-south region of Nigeria has been the most challenging thing for him in his career.

“Coming from south-south Nigeria has been the most challenging stuff because when people want to do anything, they keep the south-south out of it,” he said.

“When they want to give awards, they keep us out of it. First of all, which other rapper from south-south has been doing this for the past ten years?

Young6ix, who released his first single in 2011, also commented on the rise and growing influence of the Afrobeats genre.

He said: “When we started, the industry was not on this level. We are past the point where Afrobeats is so big. We are about to conquer the world.”

When asked about his relationship status, the rapper said it “depends on my location”, adding that “sometimes, I wake up single, sometimes I don’t”.

Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by Nicky042(m): 6:49am On Oct 12, 2018
[Not you,lli bliss is the only one kill it right now bquote author=Gisters post=71995278]Yung6ix says he is presently the only rapper in the country and that no other artiste is doing rap music.

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/only-rapper-in-nigeria-yung6ix/[/quote]
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by Inehmesit: 7:11am On Oct 12, 2018
Because for example is what, rap music?
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by francisMKD(m): 7:32am On Oct 12, 2018
GOFRONT:

please is RAPPER he said...leave our TUBABA outta this...apo
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 12, 2018
Xerox knight dust u miles away u just opportunity to b known, effect of weed is real here.

chk xeros knight out

http://www.soundlala.com/track_audio.php?id=41
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by mokt(m): 7:59am On Oct 12, 2018
chrischukszy01:
Who be this mumu again? Plz we don't know u here in Kano.

People dey listen to rap for Kano?
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by OHIsIManuEL(m): 8:52am On Oct 12, 2018
golddeejay:
Don't listen much to Nigeria rap or much Nigeria songs. I downloaded that ina d Benz based on your comment, the song is just a regular "saying gibberish on an average beat". I would have said it was because I listened to it once. But the lyrics is too fluffy for the song to grow on me. if this is even nominated for song of the year, then Nigeria music is 'confirmed' trash.

But again We all have different taste and opinions about music.
Ina the Benz no be rap song na, anyway he said "trap music o"
awom bloggers prolly don't know there's something called trap music. he never said he was the only rapper in the country
he said he was the only trapper!
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by tukorzstudioz(f): 8:57am On Oct 12, 2018
Nemesis001:

haha fatality
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by valboy20(m): 9:35am On Oct 12, 2018
LZAA:
But i watched this interview on hiptv and he was specific about trap not rap
Bloggers ehn
Yungsix ke?wen poe,falz(yes falz),showdemcamp still dy?

I remember watching the interview too. The dude was sipping from a cup during the interview and he clearly said trap which is not pure rap but a fusion of hip hop and electronic music. I also remember the lady interviewing him saying 'this guy dey really feel himself' having seen how pompous he was, to which he replied, 'if I no feel myself who go feel me.' Nigerian entertainment bloggers are the laziest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by lexzyy(m): 10:44am On Oct 12, 2018
Nigga where you put vector
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by lexzyy(m): 10:49am On Oct 12, 2018
hundredrivas:
Hmm no let vector d viper hear u ooo.Except say u want some lyrical getdown & smackdown.
Chop knuckle guy
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by Pentools(m): 10:51am On Oct 12, 2018
ominilongest:
Because ladiPOE na shoemaker grin

Phenomen Na conductor too.
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by iamharkinwaley: 11:43am On Oct 12, 2018
LastSurvivor11:
Don't bore me withthis lubbishh..
Am still Aticulating..
Guy you too much
I just dey laugh here
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by Ganbite: 1:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
GOFRONT:

hmmmm nawa o is tuface a rapper? abi u no hear english niii ....Lol na joke
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by GOFRONT(m): 1:59pm On Oct 12, 2018
We all jokers.... grin grin grin
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by mosadioluwa893(m): 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2018
I guess this guy is on a codeine diet
Re: Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now by Countersam(m): 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2018
Gisters:

And M.I is what? A lapper?

Empty barrel....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

D'banj Shares Birthday Picture Of His Dad / Photos From Light Out With DJ Barbie At Wells Carlton Hotel / Kcee Shows Off His Chest Tattoo In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.