Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Man's Prank To Sell Girlfriend On Ebay Results In $119,000 Bid - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man's Prank To Sell Girlfriend On Ebay Results In $119,000 Bid (757 Views)

18 Year Old Boy Celebrates His Pregnant Girlfriend On Facebook / What Book On Marriage Can I Get For My Girlfriend On Her Birthday? / I Almost Lost My Marriage Over ‘april Fool’ Prank –woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man's Prank To Sell Girlfriend On Ebay Results In $119,000 Bid by domido(m): 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2018
A British man has gone viral after a prank went wrong — and ended with an eBay bidding war for his girlfriend.

After his girlfriend, Kelly Greaves, played a joke on him, Dale Leeks could think of only one thing: getting even.

Arriving home from a horse riding shop one afternoon, the Londoner told CTV News he “wanted to have a laugh” at his girlfriend’s expense.

“You know what? I’m gonna sell her,” he said.
Listing Greaves as a “miniature collectible” on eBay, he described her similarly to a used car, including details of a “constant whining noise” and “a leaky rear,” he included a disclaimer: “no serious damage but you can see she’s been used.”

A bidding war began/ Leeks said his phone wouldn’t stop buzzing from interested eBay purchasers.

“I thought, ‘Oh no, what have I done?’,” he said.
With interest coming from Europe, United States and Australia, within 24 hours, the highest bid was at $119,000.
With more than 81,000 views, the post was eventually removed by eBay due to infringing their policy against selling body parts and remains.

“They told me I couldn’t sell a human being,” he said.

While the inquiries related to the post were questionable with some asking to “test drive” his girlfriend, Leeks said he hadn’t expected the response the ad received.

“‘I’m not going to lie, I would have been quite sad to see you go, but it wouldn’t have been so sad ‘cause I would have been crying in my Ferrari or my Lamborghini’,” he told his girlfriend.
As for retaliation, Leeks has been left unscathed — for now.

“This hasn’t backfired. Yet. But we’ll wait and see.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/one-mans-joke-another-mans-treasure-mans-prank-sell-girlfriend-ebay-results-119000-bid-160503327.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=2_01
Re: Man's Prank To Sell Girlfriend On Ebay Results In $119,000 Bid by domido(m): 9:45pm On Oct 12, 2018
Yanga dey sleep trouble come wake am. He never thought it would come to this.

(1) (Reply)

Man Vows To Marry Uncle’s Wife, Claims She’s A Bomb In Bed / Indian Man Hasn’t Cut Or Washed His Hair In 40 Years (watch Video) / If My Wife Ever Kills Me, She Should Be Allowed To Live And Take Care Of My Chil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.