Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense (8605 Views)

I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness / Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? / How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 11, 2018
qwertyboss:
Fight it by all means otherwise it will drive you mad. I am a living testimony!
Please, please, please change for the better now! Before it's too late. I suffered a great deal all in the name of living a puritanical life, please be warned
It can drive you mad!
seriously?
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by qwertyboss(m): 11:09pm On Oct 11, 2018
QueenBelle:
seriously?
Am very serious!
Look a can stay indoor for one month then, say nothing to nobody, just me and myself, thinking and thinking and thinking!
To cut the story short! Am almost 30 without any girlfriend! Can you imagine that!
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 11, 2018
qwertyboss:

Am very serious!
Look a can stay indoor for one month then, say nothing to nobody, just me and myself, thinking and thinking and thinking!
To cut the story short! Am almost 30 without any girlfriend! Can you imagine that!
wow... You have to take your self out of that pitiful situation. Its a cage you made for yourself. Go out and relate with girls
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Beface(m): 11:22pm On Oct 11, 2018
QueenBelle:
how can a young man like you not know how to physically relate with a woman?
I like the fact that you want to bring him out of he's shell but it won't work that way because am talking from experience.
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by qwertyboss(m): 11:23pm On Oct 11, 2018
QueenBelle:
wow... You have to take your self out of that pitiful situation. Its a cage you made for yourself. Go out and relate with girls
Thank God to NYSC! I discover that am even good with girls.
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Beface(m): 11:32pm On Oct 11, 2018
You should try and join a group that will require your involvement, e.g like choir, ushering or drama group (that is) if you are a Christian. When you start relating with members of the group,someone will pick interest in you and bring you out of that shell.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 11, 2018
grin I believe I am qualified to help you because I was once where you are now. Although mine wasn't that extreme and I had varying reasons why I chose to make few friends or talk less amongst people. YOU ARE ACTUALLY A GREAT GUY. Folks like yourself are quick to forgive, help others without even expecting anything in return. WHERE your problems lie is that you do NOT want to make mistakes, or expose your weaknesses or you do not want others to think negatively about you so you recline in your comfortable shell waiting for someone to fetch you out. hahaham. It won't work. Make your mistakes now, gather some guts. Stop thinking about what others will say. You can't please everyone. Make your mistakes and let people laugh at you. Then laugh back at them. You must make it a habit to walk up to and talk to someone new everyday. I sometimes err at this as regualar conversations that is solving nothing bores me. In other words, Take a step, leave your shell.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 12, 2018
You mean youre 24? shocked How did you manage to go through university and NYSC without being distracted by ladies?

Well, all I can say is start now. A lady can only say no to you, she won't kill you. If she says no and laugh at you on top that, go begin shyke her best friend. grin

1 Like

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by KalakutaRepubli: 1:20am On Oct 12, 2018
QueenBelle:
don't speak to him like that.
we need to talk, privately.
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 2:04am On Oct 12, 2018
QueenBelle:
delivering my self as how
I'll be in Benin this weekend, could we meet?
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by nelsonebby(m): 3:00am On Oct 12, 2018
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by nelsonebby(m): 3:03am On Oct 12, 2018
qwertyboss:

Am very serious!
ah Are you guys for real?
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Yoshy: 3:55am On Oct 12, 2018
MajorJeffery:
You mean youre 24? shocked How did you manage to go through university and NYSC without being distracted by ladies?

Well, all I can say is start now. A lady can only say no to you, she won't kill you. If she says no and laugh at you on top that, go begin shyke her best friend. grin

Simple, shyke her best friend. Lol
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by urahara(m): 5:04am On Oct 12, 2018
QueenBelle:
wow... You have to take your self out of that pitiful situation. Its a cage you made for yourself. Go out and relate with girls.

U are saying it as if its that easy

1 Like

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 12, 2018
My brother in the lord ...we deh same situation
Just say I Neva reach 24 ..

Mines even worst gan

My parents never even understand wetin deh sup
If I try push myself to go out ...cos d only time I feel comfortable of going out is at night na quarrel b dat

So last last
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by ITbomb(m): 6:47am On Oct 12, 2018
QueenBelle:
try to be physically intimate with another girl... You're clearly lacking in physical love and intimacy. Don't over do it o
One female nairalander in Ife should volunteer for this
Please save a brother
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 12, 2018
KalakutaRepubli:
we need to talk, privately.
why?
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 12, 2018
ITbomb:
One female nairalander in Ife should volunteer for this Please save a brother
lol
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Dreyl(m): 8:37am On Oct 12, 2018
shocked
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by digitsFowebapp: 8:53am On Oct 12, 2018
Bro. I get to tell you one thing. U have to do your best to be more social now. most time you dont know what to say when you are with someone or in a group of people. I know how it feels like. No one can help you except yourself. what you have to do now is to join organization and put more effort in participating in the organization. with that you get to interact with people more. you will see some one that will like you even without you talking to the person. but if you keep moving around chiking girl you may not get any because you dont know the right words to say, how to say it and when to say it. what you need now is to build your interaction with people both male and female and from there you will be able to know what to do, how to do them and when to do them. I just hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by mikool007(m): 9:29am On Oct 12, 2018
The truth is you have to consciously want to relate because most people always want others to make the first approach and the best place to relate is in school. You can use literally any reasonable question to approach someone.
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 12, 2018
Emzyme:
My brother in the lord ...we deh same situation
Just say I Neva reach 24 ..

Mines even worst gan

My parents never even understand wetin deh sup
If I try push myself to go out ...cos d only time I feel comfortable of going out is at night na quarrel b dat

So last last
Read this https://www.nairaland.com/4737817/secret-how-hold-conversation-woman

1 Like

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 12, 2018
start drinking BURUKUTU your character will change.

1 Like

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by candygist: 10:45am On Oct 12, 2018
undefeateds:

No,DAT is one of d problems am facing,I do chat with this girl,but I can't just bring myself to d surface of pouring my mind out

You need to know that you are a man. Truest me girls love chatting especially if it's funny and flirty at the same time . Just build your confidence .I use to be like you while I was in secondary school but I discovered that ladies don't waste time in replying me when I say HI..

First of all make sure you dressing is on point , be very clean and you will see how ladies will start feeling you from afar .

Be calm when talking and look into her hers while you talk to her . She no go slap you bro . Be a man
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by leonard002(m): 10:52am On Oct 12, 2018
For the next 2 weeks, every day, go to a public place and stay where you'll be seeing people passing by. don't take take ur phone!

you need to get used to people being around you
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Ajoboss(m): 11:08am On Oct 12, 2018
Bros, forget all dis ones wen pple dey talk for here
D decision must come from u..u need make up ur mind and say enough is enough, go out there and do ur thing..
Lemme ask u a question..y are u scare or shy?
D person wen u one go talk wan kill u?
D worst dat can happen is dat dey will ignore and snub u but dat one no mean...me self, i like wen pple ignore me, it propels me to go more and more
Or u dey wait make pple come talk to u?..ur a guy for christ sake, wen u see wat u want go for it
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by horlahwaley(m): 12:29pm On Oct 12, 2018
google. narcistic personality disorder.
I am in your shoes too, but am getting over it.
you can email me, if u want to talk
olawaleprestige@gmail.com
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Gr8lex(m): 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
OP, nobody can help you cos they don't get you but I'll just tell you how I've been able to manage mine.

With what you wrote there, I don't even know if I should still call myself an introvert. I've found a way to slip in and out my shell. I rarely call but I find it easier to use whatsapp. When I've had enough of myself, I hangout with my friends or just decide to call them. Some people even think I'm proud but I don't blame them.

About the girls, I have a few female friends but no girlfriend which is totally my decision. So OP, the ball is in your court.

2 Likes

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by marvinsync(m): 2:45pm On Oct 12, 2018
undefeateds:
I am really fed up with this my nonsensical way of life,my parents are complaining, my course mate are complaining, everybody is complaining,I don't relate with people,I don't talk with people, I find it difficult to greet someone first,all my coursemate has known me with this my isolated way of life and they don't give a Bleep about me,ve never had any girlfriend in my entire life,there is this girl I fear most,cos she is d strict type and she is d only one I love in my life,I summon d courage to ask for her number and she gave me,ever since that time,we ve been chatting marathonly online,but d issue is that since DAT day,whenever we see each other,we do act as if we ve never met b4,but still we do always chat,and another problem is that,I can't keep a long conversation, either I keep quiet or i start saying rubbish,but I can stay on social media for 24hrs without saying any irrelevance, pls how do I overcome this,because I see that if I continue like this I will be isolated and single forever,how do I start get familiar with people,please o

guy I was just like u especially with the whole girl issue

there was this girl I liked and I now know she liked me too ( God why didn't I know then? ) but when we meet offline we act like nothing happened and then I moved away and it didn't work out

now I've learnt where I went wrong so what I'll tell u is
first accept urself ,ur an introvert and not the only one

second try , u want to interact with people but don't try , so what do u expect to happen ? no matter what anyone tells u it won't matter if u don't try

third learn , the internet is a wonderful place , learn openers , lines , ways u can start a conversation .

fourth , don't be so self conscious , most of the time ur too busy thinking about how u look , how you'll sound , sometimes just don't care and go for it

fifth , there's nothing to be nervous about ull realise this as u start to interact , like what was the big deal

sixth , learn to give a fvck , sometimes u feel u don't care , or u shouldnt bother , but sometimes do

. Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by falcon01: 2:54pm On Oct 12, 2018
undefeateds:
I am really fed up with this my nonsensical way of life,my parents are complaining, my course mate are complaining, everybody is complaining,I don't relate with people,I don't talk with people, I find it difficult to greet someone first,all my coursemate has known me with this my isolated way of life and they don't give a Bleep about me,ve never had any girlfriend in my entire life,there is this girl I fear most,cos she is d strict type and she is d only one I love in my life,I summon d courage to ask for her number and she gave me,ever since that time,we ve been chatting marathonly online,but d issue is that since DAT day,whenever we see each other,we do act as if we ve never met b4,but still we do always chat,and another problem is that,I can't keep a long conversation, either I keep quiet or i start saying rubbish,but I can stay on social media for 24hrs without saying any irrelevance, pls how do I overcome this,because I see that if I continue like this I will be isolated and single forever,how do I start get familiar with people,please o
grin grin you are just like me. Do you spend your days looking at memes dark and depressing memes?? And also dont listen to those people up there telling to socialize, mingle with girls or stuffs like that. People like these are special you dont have to be like them you will surely find someone man or woman that have the same taste as you and you will live happy ever after.
Re: Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense by Hardrive(m): 3:00pm On Oct 12, 2018
Nothing is wrong with you. I was doing the same thing you are doing now but what I did was to look back say maybe 8-10 years and think of all the things i was able to do freely, without trying too hard. The moment you do that is the moment you are free. My advice is for you to continue doing what naturally comes to you. Just live your life, never try too hard and everything will fall in place. As for women or girls, just relate with them as humans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How 2 Treat A Girl Who Likes U But She's Playing Hard 2 Get: / 8 Men Have Sex With 15 Year Old Girl To Get Her Initiated Into Cult In Imo. / Must I Marry My Boyfriend That Trained Me In School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.