Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

SURVIVORS (a Novel) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SURVIVORS (a Novel) (19548 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / The Thorny Path To Italy- A Novel By Akíntayo Akinjide / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Silensa(m): 12:50pm On Dec 13, 2018
Well done sir. Op plz what happened to Jameh and what is his connection to Amanda?
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 9:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
EPISODE 30

"I’ll be home waiting for you."

Jemeh nodded in agreement.

“And please, don’t touch the power – the support machine works on it."

Amanda was right, the guard returned almost immediately.

“Your time is up, Ma’am,” the guard said from behind.

Amanda pulled away from the door and started moving.

“Are you alright, Madam?” The guard noticed Amanda’s swollen eyes.

“Yea, yes I am, thanks,” Amanda responded without looking at the man.

“Is he your relative?” the guard asked.

Amanda nodded; she was being calculative in her responses.

“I always pray for him in my heart. They said, he was lucky to have made it to the ER, that there’s no bone left in him not fractured, no joint left not sprained and his spinal disorder would take a million years to  heal. Accept my condolence, but i pray he makes it,” the guard said as they were walking to the elevator.

Amanda wanted to inquire more about Jemeh but she thought the man might be suspicious about her relationship with the patient, besides, she was already smirking at the man’s last statement.

“Madam, please try and get a pass.”

“Aye,” Amanda said as she punched on a button on the elevator.

“Bye,” the guard kept waving and grinning like a Cheshire cat, even when 
Amanda had disappeared into the elevator.

In the house, Amanda kept pacing up and down the staircase, talking to 
herself.

“… family members? How do I convince em? Who do I say I am? Where am I gonna get em?” She wiped her face and brushed her hair to the back with her fingers.

“Yes!” she snapped all of a sudden, “Nora should be a good help.”

She took out her  phone and called Nora right away. Some hours later, Nora joined her.

“You mean the guy is in coma, while his spirit is with you?” Nora asked without waiting to drop her hand bag.

“That’s what I said, and stop looking like it’s yah first time hearing of such," Amanda said, believing Nora had idea in almost everything, especially weird ones.

“You’re right, it’s not  the first time, but it’s certainty the first time it’s happening to someone so close. Babe, I’ve only seen this in the movies.” She finally dropped her hand bag on the sofa in front of her.

“He’s about to die, right?” she asked in a muffled voice, as she walked closer to Amanda. “Wait o, is he here?” Her eyes waggle around as she spoke.

“He’s at da hospital with his body.” Amanda's reply normalized Nora’s breathing.

“Look, Amy, what I’m trying to say is that, when he dies on the bed, his spirit will go away for good. Or is that not what you've always wanted?”

“Think outside the box, Nora. Stop being so naive. We can save him.”

“Alright, but since when did you start giving a damn about that thing?”

“That’s enough, Nora!” Amanda yelled.

Amanda's dogged defence on Jemeh lately had been amazing, Nora frowned at the realization.

“Listen… I have this strong feeling that – if I have contact with his body or kiss him,” Amanda paused to observed Nora’s facial express with a corner-eye, before she spoke on, "...he may come back to life … You know, just like in the movies,” she stopped and waited for Nora to say something, but Nora remained quiet as she gaze at Amanda in disbelief. “But the problem is – I’ll need a pass from any of his family members, to have access to his ward," she continued, “And 
the bigger problem is – he still can’t remember his family."

“So, you want me to help you look for his family?” Nora came out of her silence.“I really can’t believe this is coming from you Amy. You really want to go through all these dramatic stress, when we can just burst into his ward and pull out his oxygen to free his spirit."

“Yah kidding me? I don’t want him dead, Bitch! Do you ever care about 
someone else but you?"

"Yes, I care about you. Can't believe you are in love with that ghost."

“Cut yah crap, Nora!”

“What if you help him back to life and he doesn’t remembers you?”

“Arrgh!” Amanda snarled, “He regained his memory of me already!”

"Hmmm! so he remember you, but doesn’t remembers his family? I said it, there’s something much more about you and that ghost.”

“His name is Jemeh,” Amanda gave Nora a displeasing stare.

“Okay, okay, so what else did he remember?” Nora asked.

“Nothing, not even what took him to coma,” Amanda replied and started thinking that Nora was only  venting her curiously into her questions, rather than thinking of how to help her achieve her aim. She wanted to shush her out of her house before…

“I  think I know someone that can help Jemeh remember his past?” Nora said.

Amanda’s face loosened up all at once.

“We were classmates back in high school. The asshole claimed to be a psychic and helped people to contact the dead.”

“Really? Sounds good. When are you bringing him over?”

“We lost contact many years ago, I’ll have to contact some friends.”

“We ain’t having much time, girl. Can you get this done before the end of 
tomorrow?”

“Absolutely!... I mean maybe.”

“Be frank, Nora! Get up and get going, you’ve got to start contacting.” 

“Hey! I thought I was going to have dinner with my bestie,” Nora grunted with an attitude and relaxed back in her seat. 

“Nora!!!” Amanda shouted.

“Okay, okay, Boss! I’m gone!” Nora said getting up. 
“Just take care of yourself, Bae and say me hi to him when he returns." She was now at the door post.

“You can greet him yourself cos he’s right at da door already,” Amanda teased to get a little of Nora’s freakishness.

“Jesus!” Nora shouted, she turned around and stamped backwards to take refuge in Amanda’s side.

“Hahahaha! I was just kidding, but this guy’s so harmless. Why do you keep doing this, Nora?"

“Okay, I’m sorry, but be serious, Amy, is he truly here?” Nora asked, stamping her right foot on the ground and not letting go off Amanda's arm.

“He’ s not here, aye? Let me walk you to yah car,” Amanda said, moving towards the door. Just then, Fia showed up behind them waggling her white furry tail.

“How is Fia coping with that Jemeh?” Nora asked at the sight of dog.

“They’re now friends,” Amanda replied.

“Really? That Dog got nerves,” Nora paused her movement, bent over to lift Fia from the floor.

“Shush! C’mon to yah car, Funky,” Amanda said, pulling Nora by one arm.

Nora left with a trail of fear. As she drove, her eyes peered into the rear-view mirror several times as if expecting Jemeh in her car. She made a quick decision not to set her foot on Amanda's duplex henceforth until Jemeh had left.

TBC....

1 Like

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Silensa(m): 7:06am On Dec 14, 2018
The connection between Amanda and Jemah strong oo.
LightQueen is everywhere. Hope you are OK?
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Ann2012(f): 7:10am On Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 14, 2018
Silensa:
The connection between Amanda and Jemah strong oo.
LightQueen is everywhere. Hope you are OK?
Good morning grin not really sad I mistakingly poured hot water on my leg this morning sad sad

1 Like

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Silensa(m): 9:13am On Dec 14, 2018
LightQueen:
Good morning grin not really sad I mistakingly poured hot water on my leg this morning sad sad

� Lolz. I guess I will start being your Jemah so that I can prevent something like that from occurring again
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 14, 2018
Silensa:

� Lolz. I guess I will start being your Jemah so that I can prevent something like that from occurring again
grin grin
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 10:37am On Dec 14, 2018
EPISODE 31

Freda propped up, her back against the wall and started calling out in d dark room, "Judas!, Judas!, get up!" She slapped him on his back severally and rolled the duvet away from his covering after calling him many more times without getting his response.

Judas turned alarmed and propped himself up on one elbow and looked dazzled.

"What! What!" he groaned in a low deep voice.

"I feel hot," Freda said.
"Hot? But we are not in hell yet," Judas humoured. "I left the fan in the highest speed." Judas looked up to see the fan still in
motion.

"Judas, I'm not joking o, I said I feel hot," Freda reaffirmed, shifting uncomfortably on the bed, having thrown the duvet on the floor.

"If she could deceive me with a pregnancy, what else can she not deceive me with?" Judas hummed to himself. "I beg
you in the name of God, please allow me to sleep o," he shouted.

Before the spell of E R I C, the bed became a burning furnace; it all started with a creepy noise which turned out a ferocious fire that started right from their bed and gulped the entire building until it collapsed.

The fire men came so early that they met only the smoke to put off.

Judas and Freda were the only escapees of the outbreak except, Fatima who had half of her face burnt beyond recognition. She was devastated having her face in that shape. She was just sixteen, her face meant so much to her. She cursed death for being unfair by sparing her life. She could only hide in her mother's love during the day, and at night, she'd take to the company
of the seashore listening to the whispers of the sea saying, all is well.
Sesan's apartment lies after the staircase. He sat on a plastic chair looking out from the balcony of the one storey building to the quiet street and smiling as if being comforted by his memory.

"Daddy!!!" Deborah's cry echoed from the staircase. Sesan recognized the voice as a father to his daughter, he stood up and hurried to the staircase with opened arms to welcome his little girl. He caught her on the staircase and propped her into the air and caught her back in his rigid arms. 

"What did you brought for Daddy?" Sesan asked the little girl in his usual poor English.

Deborah stretched out her hand with a stick of Lollypop, smiling.

"Deborah love Daddy, right?" Sesan asked, peering into her eyes.

The little one shook her head in agreement.

Sesan knew her Mummy wouldn't be far away, so he started looking around for her.

"Oh, there you are!" Sesan sighted her on the staircase. "Dear welcome, how are you?" he said when she got to him.

"I'm fine, good evening."

"Thank you... you didn't bought anything for me ni, Dear?" Sesan said, seeing her empty hands.

"What did you expect me to buy for you before?"

"Debby," Judas called Deborah by her pet mame. "Mummy didn't bought Daddy anything."

"Daddy is not a good man, Debby." Deborah's mother said, trying to find her way into Sesan's apartment. 

"Is this what you have been feeding my daughter with, Titi?" Sesan snarled out his baby mama's name to show his seriousness, and used his free hand to prevent her from opening the door.

"Look, Sesan I'm done giving credits that you never earned to my daughter. If you want to be called a good man, act as one."

Deborah looked from her mother's face to her father's and vice versa, as they spoke. They both had more to say but for the sake of Deborah, they kept quiet and looked into each other's eyes with a silent peace talk. Then Sesan lifted his embargo from the door. Titi lingered for a while before joining Sesan and Deborah in the flat.

At the end, Sesan told Titi that he wanted Deborah and her mother under the same roof with him, now that things had started going rossy for him; he'd been miraculously taking up casting contacts at the construction site ever since he'd returned from Oshogbo one and half year ago.

"Chelsea! Chelsea!" Titi teased Sesan with his nickname which was coiled out from his favourite football club's name, which coincidentally was also his favourite alcoholic drink's name.

"Who talked you into doing something as reasonable as this?"

"Nobody."

"Lie."

"Am I not reasonable?"

"Of course!"

"Are you coming or not?"

"Well, I'll think about it."

"Oh, you are doing shakara."

"Why not, am I not still in shape?" Titi said, she stood up and bounced around.

"Okay o, just let me caught any bastard near you."

Titi laughed out in a brighter face, "Tell me you still love me."

"Why not, must I always told you?"

"Yes! Sesan, learn to be romantic."

"You can taught me after I finished paying for your bride price next week."

The most lovely words from Sesan, ever. Titi lost her eyes in Sesan's face in admiration. Light smiles crept out of her round face as she gazed at him without saying more words, and though she never intended to stay for the night, but then she did.

TBC...

1 Like

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Fazemood(m): 12:39pm On Dec 14, 2018
Women and marriage be like water and fish. Hahaha. Sesan is just the guy livening this story up.

O.P what could be the cause of the fire outbreak? Fatima condition is every woman's worse nightmare

1 Like

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Stevenbright(m): 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
good job here
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 8:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
CHAPTER 32

“Amy!” Nora called, still trying hard to balance the suspended phone on her ear, using a raised shoulder; she didn’t want to let go off the vegetables she was chopping on the chopping board, neither the phone call.

“Nora, yah good?” Amanda inquired from the other end of the phone.

“Yea… but there is a little problem," Nora answered.

“What’s that?”

“He wants us to meet him at his place."

“How far is it?”

“It’s an outskirt of the state."

“No biggie, we’re going. Did you book an appointment…?"

“Awww!”Nora buttered in a scream. She lifted her fore-finger to see it bleeding in drops.

“Nora!...Nora!....are you alright, Nora!?”

“I chopped my finger tip on chopping board.

“Did you passed-out orsomething?... you got me real scared. I’m calling the medic."

“Something really weird took over my attention, but I’m fine."

“You can tell  me about it."

“I’m sorry, Amy, I can handle it."

“Aright, as long as yah good. So, did you book an appointment with the
psychic?”

“No… I wanted to tell you first."

“Tell him we’re coming tomorrow,” Amanda said,“Is that cool?”

“Yes… cool!"

The call ended.

Nora took her attention back to the cut. The healing process was quiet faster than normal, and her blood still flaming on the gas burner.

Is human blood flammable? Her curiosity geared up and she began to search answers on the internet, but found nothing tangible. Her memory travelled down the lane - to her childhood. She remembered how  
her mother used to call a divine child because of how immuned she was to sicknesses and how her wounds would heal-up faster than that of her siblings. Nevertheless, she’d never seen her cut close up and healed  in minutes – it used to take a few days, and her blood had never been tested on fire. She decided she would visit her mother for questioning, as she kept forcing the belief that what had happened was normal into her head.

Amanda on the other hand didn’t bothered much, she knew how hilarious Nora could be sometimes. All that was wooping in her head was how to save Jemeh before her cancer would take on her completely. She earnestly wished the Psychic would oblique to seeing them the next day which was a Saturday.

Saturday came, Amanda and Jemeh set off to catching up with Nora at her abode. Jemeh sat in the front passenger seat beside Amanda as she drove. Jemeh’s countenance since the past few days had been a despair to Amanda. She took a quick glance at him once again and shook her head. There came a sudden flashback of April first, 1998;
the day Amanda lost her mother to an auto crash. Her leg unconsciously stepped on the breaks and the car began to slow down in the middle of the fast lane. She narrowly missed a collision but the silent danger was broken by the hydraulic sound of the break pad of her car. 

“Are you Okay?” Jemeh asked, looking unrest.

“Yeah.. just a nastly flashback.”

"Please concentrate, you’re driving.”

“Aiit.”

As they got to Nora’s place, they met her waiting outside her house.

“Right on time!” Nora said as she opened the car door. 

“Yeah, you called him again?”

“Yes, he’s expecting us."

“Good!”

A few seconds after, Jemeh rang in Nora’s consciousness, then she asked, “Where’s  he?”

“Who?”

“Your friend."

“Oh, he moved to the back seat."

“Hmm!”

Nora remembered the belief about ghost - how they could be seen through the mirror. She threw a glance at the side mirror but all she could see was an empty leather seat, then she brought out a mini-make-up kit from her crocodile skin handbag and began to reflect the mirror to the back seat under the disguise of making up her face. Again, her eyes caught nothing. She hissed out her disappointment, which neither Amanda nor Jemeh 
was aware of.

“Wanna look good for yah old school nigger, huh?" Amanda teased.

“No!” Nora screamed, smiling, “I’m looking good for myself. Men are awful."

“You can say that again,” Amanda said, staring at Jemeh with the corner of her eyes to see his reaction to their discussion, but Jemeh wasn’t even paying attention.

They finally arrived the psychic’s house after an hour drive. They alighted at once and slammed the car doors. Nora reached for the door bell and punched on the button. After about two minutes, a healthy looking, dark chocolate lady responded to the bell call.

“Yes?" The lady answered as she opened the door partly and stood behind it, so that only half of her body was visible to the visitors. Her eyes flicked from face to face, then she continued, “How may I help you?”

Nora wanted to scream out the lady’s name, but she swallowed the hysteria to be sure of who she really was.

“Please I’m asking of Mr. Judas. Hope I’m at the right place?” Nora asked as she kept on peering into the lady’s face.

“Hope there’s no problem?” the lady asked with an unstable eyes.

“Not at all, we’re his friends.”

“Okay, you’re at the right place."

"Great! But excuse me, are you Freda?” Nora asked the lady.

“Are you Nora?” the lady asked back.

“Yes!" They chorused in delight.

“What took you so long Sis?” Nora asked and the 
two chocolates jumped on each other with a passionate hug and swung like palm fronds.

Amanda and Jemeh just watched behind with smiles.

“Feels so good to see you again. How did you find me?” Freda asked, releasing flashing Nora from the hug; she was even flashing the latest of Saint Laurent handbag to match her blazing gown and her friend looks foreign. Freda took a stare at Amanda and back to 
Nora.

“You’re not doing bad at all, Cousin. Twelve years had been wonderful on you.”

“You can say that again. You ain’t bad yourself,” said Nora.

“So, how did you find me?” Freda asked again.

“We came for Judas, but I’m glad to see you, but what’re you doing here?”

“I should be asking you that, because I stay here.”

“Really?” Nora leaned on Freda’s shoulder (she was taller) and said in a muffled voice, “Are you screwing him?”

“Hey! Nora, you haven’t changed a bit. I’m dating him! Not screwing him!”

The two ladies laughed out, then Nora turned around to introduce her friends.

“This is Amanda, my boss friend,” Nora pointed to Amanda, “And the second person, you can’t see, but just know we are three visitors here.” 

“Hi," Amanda said to Freda with a warmth smile which had covered her groans over Nora’s naughty and emphatic introduction of Jemeh.

“Where did you say the other person is, Nora?” Freda looked around.

“I said he’s invisible.“
Freda chuckled a smile.

“You’ll never change, Nora. Come on in, Judas has been expecting you guys.”

The sitting room was a small one but it had been decorated with nice cushions. The colour of the curtains matched with the colour of the rug laid on the floor.

Freda asked the visitors to their seats and went into one of the rooms to fetch Judas.

Amanda sat in a two-seater while Nora sat in a single, creating space for Jemeh 
by not sitting close to Amanda the - first time she was thoughtful of Jemeh.

A few minutes later, Freda came out with Judas.

“C’mon, Sis, lets catch up on old times. Are you still that foppish?” Nora asked as she stood up and moved to meet Freda.

“Well?"

They kept chatting admist laughter until their voice disappeared into one of the rooms. Nora had a tough time, convincing Freda that her friend wasn’t there for anything grubby but for business.

“So, can you help him with his memory?” Amanda asked Judas as they were now left alone.

"I'll try," Judas responded. He stretched forth his both hands and started asking the spirit to go inside him.
He repeated again and again and shut his eyes as he sat opposite Amanda.

“Is he ordering me?” Jemeh asked, looking at Amanda with a sigh.

“I guess so, but just do it, aye? It might work.”

“Alright." Jemeh walked nonchalantly to Judas and hesitated before disappearing into his body.

Amanda watched with wide eyes.

About a minute later, Jemeh hauled himself out of Judas's body with rivulets of sweat narrowing his face. Amanda jumped off her seat to meet him, “Yah good?”

“Yeah," Jemeh answered, looking down.

TBC....

1 Like

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Ann2012(f): 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
Did he get his memory?

Thanks for the update
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Fazemood(m): 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
Yah good authorsegun. Thumb up mate!
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 5:57am On Dec 15, 2018
thanks, man.
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 5:58am On Dec 15, 2018
Fazemood:
Yah good authorsegun. Thumb up mate!

you're a good reader too.

1 Like

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 6:05am On Dec 15, 2018
Ann2012:
Did he get his memory?

Thanks for the update

'Jemeh was looking down when he got out of Judas's body' and in haste....It gives a clue that his adventure wasn't a nice one, perhaps didn't end with expected result.

1 Like

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Cloud007: 9:05am On Dec 15, 2018
Wao..... this is good!!! You are going places bro
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 3:27pm On Dec 15, 2018
Cloud007:
Wao..... this is good!!! You are going places bro

Smiles
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by queenitee(f): 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2018
Lol, this suspense isn't good
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2018
EPISODE 33

“What did you see?” Amanda inquired, trying hard to look into Jemeh's eyes.

“I wasn’t seeing anything about me. I was seeing him - his memory, he killed my father.”

“Asshole! Who’s  he?” 

“He’s my cousin… I stayed with him, when i first moved to this city before moving out on my own."

“We can’t confront him right now, we'll need him to get access to yah body, since he’s yah relative, but we can’t trust him. Please, do not react, Jem.”

“Alright… go save him from his misery,”Jemeh said, as he sighted Judas still holding on to his frozen posture.

Amanda moved closer to Judas and whispered to his hearing that Jemeh had left his body. Judas opened his eyes and waggled them around.

"Wow, I’m glad it did worked, can I have my balance?”

“I’m sorry, it didn't work, but I have a message for you," Amanda said without blinking, neither smiling. Jemeh gave her a sign to take thing easy and follow the original plan.

“'Jemeh!' Does the name rings a bell?”

“Jemeh, Jemeh.....what about him?”

“He’s the one in the box.”

“What?”

“Yeah, you don’t know?”

“I don’t. We have not seen nor talked for a long time now.”

“Oops!”

“Yes, so, you knew I was his cousin all this while?”

“Nah…he read yah memory and his name is in it.”

At this point Judas became nervous, trying hard not to believe the visitor.

“Who exactly are you to Jemeh?”

“His girl?"

Judas became suspicious. He reasoned for once that the visitor might be an imposter, trick to harm him. Moreso, if Jemeh’s spirit was truly around, it could harm him for his past sin. He took his phone and called Jemeh’s number, but it was switched off.

“How am I suppose to believe you?” Judas stared  at Amanda’s mysterious grey eyes again.

“Didn’t you feel his effect when he was inside you?”

“No, I mean maybe, I only felt a mild electronic shock.”

“Electric shock, electronic shock, well, that was Jemeh. Hey, you’ve got to believe me, aye? I’d also need you to gain access to his ward.”

“Why me? I don’t even know the hospital where he is. I’m sorry I can’t help you.”

“Please!” 

“Why can’t you just go in yourself?”

“His ward can only be a accessed by his family members.”

“Why the security?”

“Dunno, you should know.” 

“I don’t know either, and that’s the more reason, I  can’t help you!” Judas continued, "Look, Miss. I think it’s high time you took your leave. I would need to verify this report.”

“Shush! I'm not leaving until yah girl knows yah freaky ass is just after her money.”

“You don’t know what you are saying.”

“Aye, maybe yah pedophilic brain would get it when I tell her you slept Fatima,” Amanda said and beckoned on Nora for them to leave.

“Oh my God! Please put down your voice,” Judas groaned. "What exactly do you want from me?"

"Now yah talking, buh I told you what I wanted already...Jemeh’s ward.”

“Okay!" Judas said, scratching his head.

“Good!" said Amanda, "Tomorrow, ten o’clock in the morning at King Luther Specialist Hospital, Ikoyi.
Could come pick you up if that's cool by you."

After two minutes without a word from Judas.

Amanda started, “You won’t talk until I tell her yah an addicted smoker whose lungs is as black as soot?”

“Okay, okay, deal! You are such a blackmail! I’ll meet you at the Hospital 
tomorrow. Freda will be suspicious if she sees you around again.”

“Good!” Amanda said, smiling as her eyes clashed with Jemeh’s.

Amanda called out to Nora louder this time and in the next few minutes they were out of the house.

“I forgot to get an overdue apology from that freak. Nora hummed as she 
slammed the car door.

“Apology, for what?” asked Amanda.

“Never mind.”

“C’mon, tell me.”

“… an apology for always hitting my ass and taking off, back in high school. And now he’s f**king my sister.”

“Funny,”Amanda said, and focused on the wheel. Jemeh had been full of surprises; Amanda was stunned to know that he could also read the memory of his host aside possessing the vessel. She turned around and looked at Jemeh as she held tight to the stering wheel. Jemeh wasn’t looking at them, he’d been quiet since they got in the car and had not been paying attention to the their tête-a-tête. Amanda hated to see him that way.

“Jem,” she called,“Promise yah not going to posses my body ever.”

“Why?”

“Don’t ask, just promise.”

“I’m sorry I can’t."

“Jem!!”

“Alright, alright, as long as it's not necessary.”

“Hmmm!” 

Amanda knew Jemeh would posses her sooner or later and would find out her most dreaded secret. She didn’t want her health challenge to be his despair, but she could only hope he wouldn’t have the time for that, in his present complications.

Jemeh didn’t ponder on the reason behind her strong protest against him 
penetrating her. She was right, he'd so much already to deal with...getting to know truly that he wasn't a living being was the most heartbreaking of his life - never had he been so 
scared.

TBC...

2 Likes

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Ann2012(f): 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2018
So Judas killed Jemeh's father

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 11:17pm On Dec 15, 2018
if Judas is a psychic, then what his memory reads or speaks can't be trusted
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 12:22am On Dec 16, 2018
In my writing style, I'm trying to do more of 'showing' emotions with words than 'telling'. The reason I avoid dialogue tags such as:

" I lost my wallet," he said sadly.
instead,
"I lost my wallet," he said without looking up from the floor as he spoke.

"i said, get out of my house!" He shouted angrily and walked up to the stranger to drag him out.
instead,
"I said, get out of my house!!!" he said, pointing his forefinger towards the stranger and matching forward to him without a break.

the exclamation mark has covered for 'shout' now, 'pointing his forefinger towards the man and matching to him without a break' simply show anger or warning that would likely lead to him being kicked out. But the interesting part of it is that, a vacuum is created for readers to explore and solve the riddle created by the writer. sometimes a reader can give it a better justification. The bottom line is that it engages readers and not spoonfeed them like the initial.

if you can understand the 'showing' then it wouldn't be difficult for you to follow the story proper, hence, the answer(s) to your questions would be smiling at u in the lines that you've read, and you won't keep searching.

follow this new understanding and go back to read every line and get the best of this story. It's meant to touch your thinking/emotions, your ability to pass judgement and solve riddles.

thanks for reading all along! love love love y'all!

1 Like

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by francium001: 12:42am On Dec 16, 2018
authorsegun:
if Judas is a psychic, then what his memory reads or speaks can't be trusted
Does it mean he faked the reading of the memory for Jemeh's soul to feel bad?

THANKS FOR THE UPDATES.
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Nobody: 6:20am On Dec 16, 2018
Thanks for the update

2 Likes

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 8:08am On Dec 16, 2018
francium001:
Does it mean he faked the reading of the memory for Jemeh's soul to feel bad?

THANKS FOR THE UPDATES.

not intentional.

just that his mind is so unstable, so are his deductions - the reason why he has all over his memory that he had slept with Fatima whereas it was just a wish...even Jemeh fell for this. But who ever he is, it's needed to advance the story.

you can go back to read about him in previous episodes.
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by skubido(m): 2:14pm On Dec 16, 2018
Tanks for the update OP
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 6:31pm On Dec 16, 2018
EPISODE 34

It’d been six straight hours, and there was still no sign of Judas. Amanda and Jemeh sat in the car, parked opposite Luther Specialist Hospital. There was a brooding silence as they awaited Judas's phone call at least. Three hours later, they were still waiting, waiting in vein. Jemeh soon became impatient, and wanted to go home. He could not but marvelled at Amanda’s stern determination to save him. He flicked a glance at her again and saw that she was still looking all ready to wait for eternity, if that was what it would take for Judas's arrival.

“I would have gotten some food for you to eat, if only I was normal,”Jemeh said.

“Everything is going to be fine, aye? And how did you know I’m hungry?” 
Amanda asked, turning to Jemeh with a weak smile.

“Even your smile gives a clue,” Jemeh said, “Now, run along and get 
something to eat."

“Don’t feel like."

“It’s an order! You should by now, know I hate to see you this way."

“Oh, Jem!” Amanda groaned as she took her handbag and unbelted.

The  eatery, four buildings away from the hospital, smiled at Amanda as she trudged across the road, without proper surveillance. She found herself in the middle of the road standing transfixed with the loomy stares from the oncoming vehicles.

She’d this fobia for fast moving objects and great heights. She'd once disclosed to Jemeh. Jemeh turned to see her looking confused in the centre of the road. He kept laughing at her jittering as vehicles moved beside her shivering knees with warning horns, then a foggy horn came from a maniac tractor-trailer driver. The truck was approaching from behind with a speed too high for such a heavy duty. He wasn’t looking ready to swerve his lane like others, nor break down. Amanda whirled around in broad eyes to see the monster coming for her. Her feet were were nailed to the spot, so that she could not move, but could only scream so loud.

Jemeh dashed out of the car at once in the heat of the moment, and in a flash, he hauled himself inside Amanda and threw her to the road side, just before the truck would have crushed Amanda in pieces, then he left her body at once.

Amanda laid unmoving. Eye witnesses couldn’t believe a lady with such agility and bravery, as they rushed to her rescue. A tall, dark and well-built middle-aged man lowered to the ground and lifted her lifeless body on his thighs as water came splashing on her face, as well as  the man's burberry suit.

Water! Water! The crowd  chanted for more sachet water. Jemeh became uneasy with a sudden moment of panic as he saw Amanda lying unconscious in the arms of a stranger. He noticed some rescuers staring at her exposed thighs in her sleeveless short gown.

Her beauty was contagious and charming, the crowd grew more and more in no time. The man carrying her was acting too familiar or caring, Jemeh started withdrawing his gratitude. Few minutes later, Amanda coughed lightly and opened her eyes partly to see a number of eyes descending on her. She gently adjusted the length of her gown and dabbed her eyes again and again to see clearly those faces and relaxed back in Jemeh’s arms until she turned around to see that the man whose opened arms she had found solace wasn’t really Jemeh’s. A feeling of sudden panic took over her. She made an attempt to get up, but her strength failed her.

Jemeh began to pace back and forth behind the crowd in frustration. He felt so helpless in the situation that his eyes began to blaze with fury. Now seeing Jemeh, Amanda found a little strength
and with the support of the gentle man, found her feet.

Opinions and questions started springing up from the crowd.

“Where are you going to, Miss?” a voice questioned from the crowd.

“Maybe we should take her to the hospital,” another voice suggested.

Amanda finally spoke, “That’s my car," she said, pointing to a pink Mercedes convertible, parked across the road. “Please take me across."

“Alright,” the man said. He curled his right arm round Amanda’s waist and led her across the road.

Jemeh just stood watching. He could hear some observers talking about Amanda’s beauty; he had the ability to filter voices and amplify them from a distance.

“Thanks for yah kindness,” Amanda said to the man as he handed over to her, her handbag.

“It’s my pleasure. I’m Raymond, but just call me Ray."

“Amanda."

“Alright Amanda, you’re sure you wouldn’t need me to drive you home or to the hospital? My family hospital is just around the corner."

“Nah, thanks…I'm fine now and you’ve done well already, hey!”

Jemeh listened and watched from the other side of the road as the man spoke to Amanda with a gentle mien and in his  rich deep voice. Amanda didn’t lost her sight on Jemeh. She wondered why he was still at the other side of the road, then
she remembered a book she’d read on men that are jealous.

“Thanks again, Mr. Raymond… Ray. I really gotta go."

"Alright,” Raymond said amidst smiles, “Here’s my card, you can call me at anytime.” He dropped the card on the car bonnet and left.

With reluctance, Amanda picked up the card and slammed the car door gently as she sat heavily, expecting Jemeh to appear, but instead, the lights from the neighbourhood started flickering. The bulbs started exploding and shortly after, fireworks sprang up from the swinging electric cables running down the road. 

“Jemeh!” Amanda shouted. She knew his fury was causing the fireworks.

The scene became terrifying with the explosion of a car in motion caused by its contact with a cut off overhead cable.

Amanda hurried out of the car to meet Jemeh who was standing with a hypnotizing dark startled eyes, sparkling with a glimmer of light.

“Jemeh!” Amanda stood in front of him, “Yah gonna get everyone killed, please stop!" She dabbled her fingers around Jemeh, trying to touch him, but in vein.

TBC..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by skubido(m): 6:47pm On Dec 16, 2018
Chai, wahala dey oooo, shey na jealous ni abi how

OP tanks for the update
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Ann2012(f): 6:57pm On Dec 16, 2018
skubido:
Chai, wahala dey oooo, shey na jealous ni abi how

Na ghostly jealousy oooo
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by francium001: 7:37pm On Dec 16, 2018
Well some may say it's jealousy which may be the proppeler of the real thing which is the feeling of being unable to assist the person he cares about so much.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

''''''''''''''''''church Runs'''''''''''''''' / The Taboo (an exciting Romance Story) / The Miserable Spinster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.