Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,211 members, 7,807,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible (4469 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / Could It Be Satan Vs God / Nephilim And Sons Of God: Who Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:
Jesus: Satan came to steal, kill and destroy.

Really? Let's see what the Bible says.

Kill Count

Satan:

1. Killed 10 of Job's children

2. Killed about 150 of Job's servants (estimated at 1 servant per 100 animals)

Total: 160

God:

1. Killed untold numbers with a flood.

2. Killed untold number of Sodom and Gomorrah inhabitants with fire and brimestone.

3. Killed untold number of Egyptians with plagues.

4. Killed Pharaoh and his army (untold number) by drowning.

5. Killed Israelites with snakes.

6. Killed Israelites with food poisoning.

7. Killed Israelites with sinkholes.

8. Killed off a generation of Israelites by causing them to wander in a small wilderness for 40 years.

9. Killed untold number of Canaanites in battle, way more than the Israelites did by hand.

10. Killed over a 100,000 enemy soldiers, twice.

Total count: Uncountable but definitely more than 200,000.

Who again came to kill and destroy?
Satan and the people killed are directly or indirectly responsible for all those you mentioned there. if there a rule that that prohibit same sex in Nigeria and you broke the rule, got prison terms. who is responsible for your going to prison?is it the judge?
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by pressplay411(m): 12:21pm On Oct 13, 2018
nwabekeyi:
does it make sense to kill your child cos he's an armed robber?

If he steals once or twice, It can still be pardoned.
But if he has chosen armed robbery as his path.
As much as I love him, I will personally hand him over to the law if I get the chance.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 12:49pm On Oct 13, 2018
Mklanceee:

Satan and the people killed are directly or indirectly responsible for all those you mentioned there. if there a rule that that prohibit same sex in Nigeria and you broke the rule, got prison terms. who is responsible for your going to prison?is it the judge?

If a thief comes to my house, I call the police, the police arrives and shoots the thief, was it me or the police who killed the thief?
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:

If a thief comes to my house, I call the police, the police arrives and shoots the thief, was it me or the police who killed the thief?
both you and the police none will be held accountable for the death of the thief. the thief got killed by his own action, therefore the thief indirectly killed himself
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
Mklanceee:

both you and the police none will be held accountable for the death of the thief. the thief got killed by his own action, therefore the thief indirectly killed himself
now answer my question
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:

now answer my question
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 1:33pm On Oct 13, 2018
Mklanceee:

You are just being disingenuous. The thief didn't kill himself, the police killed him simple. God killed all those people in the said he did, no amount of sophistry changes that.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Horus(m): 1:35pm On Oct 13, 2018
This is the question that plagues the Bible. Christians know that their "god" killed more people. Anyone familiar with the scriptures will note that this "god" has no reservations about ordering the deaths of heathens. In the Old Testament he is not a God of Peace. Even the Laws of Moses, given to ensure man lives in harmony, includes death sentences for certain violations. The Flood is the most obtrusive example of his mass annihilation tactics for those who have strayed from his direction. The destruction of the cities of the plain is another. Furthermore, god's own actions are far from exemplary. He lies to Adam and Eve regarding the poisonous state of the apple and curses the serpent for telling Eve the truth about the apple. He approves of Noah's animal sacrifice after the flood because the burning flesh has a pleasing smell. He orders Abraham to sacrifice his son on an altar as a test of loyalty (although he stops the sacrifice just before it occurs). Certainly this would place an impact on a father-son relationship. Later in the Bible he torments Job to prove to Satan that Job is loyal to him and won't turn away. This is hardly admirable conduct from a divine being. We always have a way of justifying our misbehavior don't we. What better way to explain our aggressions against others, "its Gods word", or "its Gods will". The Old Testament is filled with admonitions from the God Jehovah to break down the walls of the city, pillage, loot, kill all the men, keep the virgins for yourself and on and on. The amazing thing is that to this very day, people flock to churches and admire the "God" who ordered the raping, looting, genocide and pillaging

2 Likes

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 1:36pm On Oct 13, 2018
Mklanceee:

now answer my question
Your question asks who is responsible for my going to prison, it is certainly not me. I cannot take myself to prison, the judge is responsible for that but I am guilty of a crime according to the law so I deserve the prison term. Two different things you are trying to conflate.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:

You are just being disingenuous. The thief didn't kill himself, the police killed him simple. God killed all those people in the said he did, no amount of sophistry changes that.
the police enforced a rule and make the world safer for law abiding citizens that is why he can never be responsible for the thief death. that is how it is with God, he is never responsible for those who died and those who are still going to die in his attempt to enforce laws, to restore sanity and to bring peace to humankind. just like the case of the policeman who will never be charged of murder due to the death of the thief who broke the law, so also God should not be blame for death of sinful humans who are breaking the law and those who are ruining the earth
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:

Your question asks who is responsible for my going to prison, it is certainly not me. I cannot take myself to prison, the judge is responsible for that but I am guilty of a crime according to the law so I deserve the prison term. Two different things you are trying to conflate.
so who get the blame for your going to prison then?
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2018
Mklanceee:

the police enforced a rule and make the world safer for law abiding citizens that is why he can never be responsible for the thief death. that is how it is with God, he is never responsible for those who died and those who are still going to die in his attempt to enforce laws, to restore sanity and to bring peace to humankind. just like the case of the policeman who will never be charged of murder due to the death of the thief who broke the law, so also God should not be blame for death of sinful humans who are breaking the law and those who are ruining the earth
Mklanceee:

so who get the blame for your going to prison then?

There is a difference between blame and responsibility. The offender is to blame but responsibility lies with the authority to enforce. The thief is to blame, the police carried out their responsibility. I am to blame while the judge carried out his responsibility of sending me to prison. No amount of conflation or sophistry will change this. Blame the people all you want, it was still God who killed them.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:

There is a difference between blame and responsibility. The offender is to blame but responsibility lies with the authority to enforce. The thief is to blame, the police carried out their responsibility. I am to blame while the judge carried out his responsibility of sending me to prison. No amount of conflation or sophistry will change this. Blame the people all you want, it was still God who killed them.
the judge is never responsible for your going to prison. when you break an already know law , all responsibility for it lie with you. that is why one can use the term* I take all responsibility for my actions* the judge and policeman are just the means for you to take responsibility for you crime.
taking responsibility of your actions means serving the prison terms given to you by the judge. the law,the policeman,the judge, the prison guard are all means to make sure you take responsibility for you action
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 3:57pm On Oct 13, 2018
Mklanceee:

the judge is never responsible for your going to prison. when you break an already know law , all responsibility for it lie with you. that is why one can use the term* I take all responsibility for my actions* the judge and policeman are just the means for you to take responsibility for you crime.
taking responsibility of your actions means serving the prison terms given to you by the judge. the law,the policeman,the judge, the prison guard are all means to make sure you take responsibility for you action

I am responsible to go to prison? Is it my responsibility to actually take myself into custody?

Look you want to absolve God of killing all those people. Your sophistry is clear as daylight, it just doesn't work. God killed all those people according to your fairytale.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:

I am responsible to go to prison? Is it my responsibility to actually take myself into custody?

Look you want to absolve God of killing all those people. Your sophistry is clear as daylight, it just doesn't work. God killed all those people according to your fairytale.
the law took you to prison. the law says you have to go to prison, which means it is the law responsibility to take you to prison ,the law cannot be blame since it was stated and it penalty made known before the offense was committed.since then that the penalty is clear before the offense was committed,it therefore means since you went ahead to commit an offense when you already know the penalty, your going to prison can been said to be you own responsibility and your own choice not the judge choice.all the judge did is to enforce a law,he does not have a choice hence it can never be his responsibility.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:

it is not about exonerating God of blame. I am not making a defense for God as I am not fit to make a defense for him. God does not need man to make a defense for him neither has he make defending himself his priority. if he is so desperate to defend himself, those parts will not be in the Bible and they will not be available for your reading and that will mean ,you will not have any info about them for you to criticize him.
all I am doing here is just to help you understand this particular topic if you choose to be open minded
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
Mklanceee:

the law took you to prison. the law says you have to go to prison, which means it is the law responsibility to take you to prison ,the law cannot be blame since it was stated and it penalty made known before the offense was committed.since then that the penalty is clear before the offense was committed,it therefore means since you went ahead to commit an offense when you already know the penalty, your going to prison can been said to be you own responsibility and your own choice not the judge choice.all the judge did is to enforce a law,he does not have a choice hence it can never be his responsibility.
Mklanceee:

it is not about exonerating God of blame. I am not making a defense for God as I am not fit to make a defense for him. God does not need man to make a defense for him neither has he make defending himself his priority. if he is so desperate to defend himself, those parts will not be in the Bible and they will not be available for your reading and that will mean ,you will not have any info about them for you to criticize him.
all I am doing here is just to help you understand this particular topic if you choose to be open minded

Joshua 10:11
And it came to pass, as they fled from before Israel, and were in the going down to Bethhoron, that the LORD cast down great stones from heaven upon them unto Azekah, and they died: they were more which died with hailstones than they whom the children of Israel slew with the sword.

It is you blaming somebody, I am reporting what's in the bible. Look at the above scripture. God killed more people with hailstones than people who were using swords. God killed those people with hailstones simple.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by hahn(m): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2018
Aaronsrod:
Our God is a 'Man of War'.

It is well.

He is the 'Lord of Hosts'.

A jealous God.

An angry God.

He has killed millions before.

He will kill billions very soon.

Read your Bible well.

Fear His wrath!

Sounds like your god needs to be in a mental home undecided

1 Like

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:

Joshua 10:11
And it came to pass, as they fled from before Israel, and were in the going down to Bethhoron, that the LORD cast down great stones from heaven upon them unto Azekah, and they died: they were more which died with hailstones than they whom the children of Israel slew with the sword.

It is you blaming somebody, I am reporting what's in the bible. Look at the above scripture. God killed more people with hailstones than people who were using swords. God killed those people with hailstones simple.
God in this place is like the judge who has to make sure those who are guilty of the law face the penalty.
*there will be no death if no crime was committed.
*the one who execute the penalty is guilty of no crime,that is why a policeman is never charge of murder in his country no matter how many robber he killed during combat.
*the Bible is not like any casual book that you will just run-through, you need to read well and meditate before understanding the reason behind certain decisions
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 5:53pm On Oct 13, 2018
Mklanceee:

God in this place is like the judge who has to make sure those who are guilty of the law face the penalty.
*there will be no death if no crime was committed.
*the one who execute the penalty is guilty of no crime,that is why a policeman is never charge of murder in his country no matter how many robber he killed during combat.
*the Bible is not like any casual book that you will just run-through, you need to read well and meditate before understanding the reason behind certain decisions

Yes God judged and executed them. God killed them simple.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:

Yes God judged and executed them. God killed them simple.
you still type like a kid. I am done with you
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2018
Mklanceee:

you still type like a kid. I am done with you

LoL, no vex for me, vex for your fairytale book.LMFAO!
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by budaatum: 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
I'm getting rather tired of these "God (and Satan) killed anyone or anything". Where the below says "Abrahamic God", please include Satan too!

budaatum:
I suggest that 'the Abrahamic God killed or caused people to die,' was written in the Christian Holy Book by a rather incompetent journalist who didn't bother to check for evidence of the dead and what killed them, neither of which I am certain you have any evidence for apart from what you've read.

Since evidence had not been checked, the best that should have been written would have been, "Millions of people died, or were killed. It was claimed by some that the Abrahamic God done it". But, as is said in Porgy and Bess, "The things you are likely to read in the Bible, it ain't necessarily so!" And I'm betting you don't buy that piece of butter like fake news claptrap anyway.

The Abrahamic God did not kill anyone! The truth, more likely is, some people died or were killed, and rather than take responsibility for killing them, and in the flood instance, finding out why they died, some people blamed it on their imaginary god and reported it as we now read it.

Unless you're buying into the inability of some to take responsibility for their actions, or buy in to the vivid imagination or the plain ignorance they employ to justify their iniquity. In which case go Capslocked over in the religious thread please. They buy that sort of crap!

Things that don't exist can't kill!
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 13, 2018
pressplay411:

If he steals once or twice, It can still be pardoned.
But if he has chosen armed robbery as his path.
As much as I love him, I will personally hand him over to the law if I get the chance.
what if he's a fornicator, will you kill him?
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:

LoL, no vex for me, vex for your fairytale book.LMFAO!
what is my business? your life your choice. I am just engaging you because you brought it on a public forum
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 6:15pm On Oct 13, 2018
Mklanceee:

what is my business? your life your choice.
I am just engaging you because you brought it on a public forum

Well you are the one getting angry. Take up any issues you have with your fairytale book.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 6:18pm On Oct 13, 2018
budaatum:
I'm getting rather tired of these "God (and Satan) killed anyone or anything. Where the below says " "Abrahamic God", please include Satan too!

Things that don't exist can't kill!

Rational people are aware of stuff like this. Obviously Sauron can't kill a mosquito neither can the WhiteWalkers but it seems some people think fairytale characters have super powers. I would just like to show how silly and fake it all sounds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:

Well you are the one getting angry. Take up any issues you have with your fairytale book.
you should keep your choice to your self.i am sticking with my fairytale book
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by pressplay411(m): 6:35pm On Oct 13, 2018
nwabekeyi:
what if he's a fornicator, will you kill him?

Of course not. I'm not God.
To God, all sins are equal because they are all an act of disobedience and they corrupt His Perfect plan, the Perfect nature of the man he created.

Do you know that you are a nation?
When you are a fornicator, the nation inside you inherits fornication from you.
I inherited at lot of good qualities from my parents, esp my dad. Unfortunately I inherited his vices too. It is a subtle transmission that Scientists call Genetics.

So you see why God would judge all sins as equal?

Although all sins are equal i will actually rate lying the worst. Because it is the nature of Satan himself. That is who He is.
If Christ is the way of Truth and Life, Satan is the way of Lies and Destruction. Yet lying is the easiest sin that has become our nature cos we hide under the guise of white lies.

Do you realise that the serpent actually just told Eve a white lie? He simply only twisted what God actually told them.

God help us all.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 6:39pm On Oct 13, 2018
Mklanceee:

you should keep your choice to your self.i am sticking with my fairytale book

LoL! Were or how did I force you to read or respond? My guy, I don talk am, no vex for me, vex for your storybook.

1 Like

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 13, 2018
pressplay411:

Of course not. I'm not God.
To God, all sins are equal because they are all an act of disobedience and they corrupt His Perfect plan, the Perfect nature of the man he created.

Do you know that you are a nation?
When you are a fornicator, the nation inside you inherits fornication from you.
I inherited at lot of good qualities from my parents, esp my dad. Unfortunately I inherited his vices too. It is a subtle transmission that Scientists call Genetics.

So you see why God would judge all sins as equal?

Although all sins are equal i will actually rate lying the worst. Because it is the nature of Satan himself. That is who He is.
If Christ is the way of Truth and Life, Satan is the way of Lies and Destruction. Yet lying is the easiest sin that has become our nature cos we hide under the guise of white lies.

Do you realise that the serpent actually just told Eve a white lie? He simply only twisted what God actually told them.

God help us all.
if to God all sins are equal, he would have killed Abraham when he lied that Sarah is his sister, he would have given him the same treatment like he did to the people of sodom

1 Like

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 6:56pm On Oct 13, 2018
nwabekeyi:
if to God all sins are equal, he would have killed Abraham when he lied that Sarah is his sister, he would have given him the same treatment like he did to the people of sodom

A lie he told twice and passed on to Isaac. LoL

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fully Vaccinated 74-year-old SAN, Williams, Dies Of COVID-19 / The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? / The Revelation Story [ As John Might Have Told It Today ] - Jack Kelley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.