Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible (4476 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / Could It Be Satan Vs God / Nephilim And Sons Of God: Who Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! Were or how did I force you to read or respond? My guy, I don't talk am, no vex for me, vex for your storybook.
I know this is how you will end it. you made a statement without proving it and you are turning on me. I thought you are a bit smart .most atheist i know are a little bit but you are very dumb. try and learn more before starting controversial topics.
even a theist like can do a better job defending atheism
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
Mklanceee:

I know this is how you will end it. you made a statement without proving it and you are turning on me. I thought you are a bit smart .most atheist i know are a little bit but you are very dumb. try and learn more before starting controversial topics

LoL! Guy this your vex thick well well. Your storybook recorded your God slaughtering millions and you are vexing for me for saying what your storybook says? Why na? You should be angry that you believe such a storybook not at me for reporting the facts.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by pressplay411(m): 7:26pm On Oct 13, 2018
nwabekeyi:
if to God all sins are equal, he would have killed Abraham when he lied that Sarah is his sister, he would have given him the same treatment like he did to the people of sodom

There's so much I can't explain here. Cos the understanding is quite deep.
But it's His Mercy and Compassion I earlier spoke of.
Abraham believed God and it was accounted to Him as righteousness.

I hope you will come to see Him as a Just and Loving God and not the wicked one. He has no wickedness in Him.

Same way a criminal would say the police is wicked for shooting dead a criminal or say the judge was wicked for passing a death sentence on their partner that was apprehended.

I likewise used to think God was wicked just last year when I was still living in sin. Today by His Grace, I see Him very differently. I know He is not only good, He is Goodness. He not only loves, He is Love.

If you want to know Him more, and I hope you will, you just have to choose to. That is your Will Power.
You have to choose to repent, choose to overcome sin. Choose to know Christ more. Try to go to church to know Him better.
You will find more answers to so many questions that neither I nor any pastor can give you. Because You will receive the Holy Spirit and He will teach you all things, precept by precept, line by line according to your desire and His guidance.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 13, 2018
pressplay411:

There's so much I can't explain here. Cos the understanding is quite deep.
But it's His Mercy and Compassion I earlier spoke of.
Abraham believed God and it was accounted to Him as righteousness.

I hope you will come to see Him as a Just and Loving God and not the wicked one. He has no wickedness in Him.

Same way a criminal would say the police is wicked for shooting dead a criminal or say the judge was wicked for passing a death sentence on their partner that was apprehended.

I likewise used to think God was wicked just last year when I was still living in sin. Today by His Grace, I see Him very differently. I know He is not only good, He is Goodness. He not only loves, He is Love.

If you want to know Him more, and I hope you will, you just have to choose to. That is your Will Power.
You have to choose to repent, choose to overcome sin. Choose to know Christ more. Try to go to church to know Him better.
You will find more answers to so many questions that neither I nor any pastor can give you. Because You will receive the Holy Spirit and He will teach you all things, precept by precept, line by line according to your desire and His guidance.
spare me the holy spirit thing, If the holy spirit has taught you then why are you referring me to him?
Teach me what he taught you, y'all cling to "holy spirit" when a debate overwhelms you.
leave that matter first abeg, being realistic is what I do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by pressplay411(m): 8:51pm On Oct 13, 2018
nwabekeyi:
spare me the holy spirit thing, If the holy spirit has taught you then why are you referring me to him?
Teach me what he taught you, y'all cling to "holy spirit" when a debate overwhelms you.
leave that matter first abeg, being realistic is what I do.

Lol, the Holyspirit is everything.
Jesus Christ had to come, die and resurrect just to release the Holyspirit to us.
Without Him, Jesus Christ could do nothing.
In the beginning, He hovered over the waters before the Word of Creation could be spoken.
He is who every Christian receives once they believe and confess the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

You won't understand the bible (the Word of God) until you receive the Holy Spirit.

Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.
John 16:7-15
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by budaatum: 10:44pm On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:

Rational people are aware of stuff like this. Obviously Sauron can't kill a mosquito neither can the WhiteWalkers but it seems some people think fairytale characters have super powers. I would just like to show how silly and fake it all sounds.
Educate them too while you're at it please, and don't encourage their ignorance.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 4:42am On Oct 14, 2018
budaatum:

Educate them too while you're at it please, and don't encourage their ignorance.

Yes, I must rethink my approach, engaging in this manner is suboptimal, I see I now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by budaatum: 5:01am On Oct 14, 2018
LordReed:

Yes, I must rethink my approach, engaging in this manner is suboptimal, I see it now.
I remind myself that it is written that their Lord Jesus Christ looked down at them while nailed to a cross and cried, "Father, Forgive them, for they haven't got a clue".

They didn't have a clue then, and they still don't now so deserve even much more pity, considering they think they know. They are poor and would most likely remain poor until they open their own eyes and look.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Mujtahida: 6:19am On Oct 14, 2018
Horus:
This is the question that plagues the Bible. Christians know that their "god" killed more people. Anyone familiar with the scriptures will note that this "god" has no reservations about ordering the deaths of heathens. In the Old Testament he is not a God of Peace. Even the Laws of Moses, given to ensure man lives in harmony, includes death sentences for certain violations. The Flood is the most obtrusive example of his mass annihilation tactics for those who have strayed from his direction. The destruction of the cities of the plain is another. Furthermore, god's own actions are far from exemplary. He lies to Adam and Eve regarding the poisonous state of the apple and curses the serpent for telling Eve the truth about the apple. He approves of Noah's animal sacrifice after the flood because the burning flesh has a pleasing smell. He orders Abraham to sacrifice his son on an altar as a test of loyalty (although he stops the sacrifice just before it occurs). Certainly this would place an impact on a father-son relationship. Later in the Bible he torments Job to prove to Satan that Job is loyal to him and won't turn away. This is hardly admirable conduct from a divine being. We always have a way of justifying our misbehavior don't we. What better way to explain our aggressions against others, "its Gods word", or "its Gods will". The Old Testament is filled with admonitions from the God Jehovah to break down the walls of the city, pillage, loot, kill all the men, keep the virgins for yourself and on and on. The amazing thing is that to this very day, people flock to churches and admire the "God" who ordered the raping, looting, genocide and pillaging
You will come to see the Bible for what it is if/when you understand the true history of the Jews.

1 Like

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 14, 2018
pressplay411:

Lol, the Holyspirit is everything.
Jesus Christ had to come, die and resurrect just to release the Holyspirit to us.
Without Him, Jesus Christ could do nothing.
In the beginning, He hovered over the waters before the Word of Creation could be spoken.
He is who every Christian receives once they believe and confess the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

You won't understand the bible (the Word of God) until you receive the Holy Spirit.

Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.
John 16:7-15
if you have the holy spirit, why can't u understand the Bible yourself?
this is a subtle way of running away from debate, it's common in Christianity.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by pressplay411(m): 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
nwabekeyi:
if you have the holy spirit, why can't u understand the Bible yourself?
this is a subtle way of running away from debate, it's common in Christianity.

I've actually answered you but as I mentioned earlier, for you to understand what I said, you need the Holyspirit.
All the best sir.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 14, 2018
pressplay411:

I've actually answered you but as I mentioned earlier, for you to understand what I said, you need the Holyspirit.
All the best sir.
lol, holy spirit a mirage and a source of emotional compensation for your ignorance, its an easy way of stopping Christians from rational reasoning.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Born2Freak(f): 10:49am On Dec 08, 2019
Interesting thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Bible Wont Just Burn! / 7 Benefits Of Worshiping Yemaya / Yemonja / Yemòja / How Atheism Evolved Jesoul Into A More Tolerant Christian! The Evidence!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.