Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (78230 Views)

A Nigerian Taxi Driver Picks Peter Obi In UK, Drives Him Free Of Charge (Photos) / If PDP Picks Peter Obi.... - Reno Omokri / Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by bigpicture001: 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2018
Misterdhee1:

Peter obi better than fashola? grin grin grin Pass me the lighter bro.
..yes.. not just better, but far better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by bigpicture001: 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2018
Misterdhee1:

Peter obi better than fashola? grin grin grin Pass me the lighter bro.
..yes.. not just better, but far better dt Evn fashola himself said so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Chevronstaff: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
IT IS OVER FOR BUHARI.... Igbo Kwenu wink

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by TundeBricklayer: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
Icon79:
Haha!! Guys search my posts, I called this several days ago!

My sources are good!

O pari

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by oganoble(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
SarkinYarki:
I am not impressed ..our surest bet would be a VP from the SW...i am a realist
Tinubu and Lagos were there in 2015, but APC beat PDP by only a narrow margin in the South West. There was voter apathy in South East as turn out was very low in that region in 2015. With this decision, SE got the motivation they need to turn out and vote where Atiku will win comfortably. PDP has also got the SS pretty comfortably. PDP will still get a good percentage of votes from the SW regardless. PDap has a good percentage of the North central states, and half the states in NE except Borno, Yobe and maybe Bauchi. APC can take the North West, but PDP will sure get a good number of votes in Kano. So putting all these into consideration, it was an excellent decision

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by bmos(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
MrMystrO:
Nigerians sha! All of a sudden Atiku has now become the best thing since sliced bread. Same Atiku that was in APC just last year. And this is how we will keep revolving around in circles, Recycling Old crooked politicians and NEVER Truly moving forward as a nation. Na wa ooo

Like it or not, this writer has a big point

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by pendusky(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
BlindAngel:
Atiku is a gooner, he would surely and 101% loose the election to pmb, if only he is wise he would have picked someone from the southwest, smh for this grave mistake he made, so pathetic

remove your first name, then you will see correctly...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by blackmercyvelli(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
Welcome to another president candidate part3
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Adexchelsea19(m): 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
I am from South west, we don't care where he picked his vp from. people here are tired of this present government, e go do some people like film trick next year...lets Atikulate!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Odingo1: 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
Kzealz:
SW seems to be the problem of this country.. the present administration is having a Fulani and a herder as the president.. and also the SW as the PV with lopsided appointment only living the SE with being the cook and drivers.... With all sense of humour and equity, Do u think the SW deserve the VP slot again even if they are consider to have a high number of voters... that's totally unfair... the fact the SE are regarded as slaves shouldn't be the reason why you guys will always treat us unfairly.... Una no get conscience??

Yorubas appear to not having conscience, Obasanjo 8 years + 4 years Osinbajo VP=12 years, they cant just support Igbos to have a shot at Aso rock.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by madapcmod: 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
Kill them combination.

Entrepreneur/ Technocrat Ticket.

Let's make Nigeria great again.

I am now 100℅ ATIKULATED

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by donb06: 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
chinedu234:
I thought they mentioned Akinwumi Adeshina? That to me should have been a double pointer as technocracy would have merged with political capitalism.
you are 100% right that adeshina of a guy is a damn good guy.... I like him like fashola.
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by FriendNG: 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
bigpicture001:
...say only what u know my guy...peter obi is d best former governor in Nigeria better than even fashola

Very fat lie. Kwankwaso is the best former Governor Nigeria ever had.
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by hayzed1090: 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
doctape:
The thing is Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is more generally liked in Nigeria and also a prominent figure in the international scene. Educated people would have seen her as a step in the right direction. I mean those in the south west. If Obasanjo is willing to fully back Atiku then am sure at least 40% of the votes from the SW can be gotten. Let the south south and south east come out in their numbers to back Atiku. [b]This has been the problem of the south south and south east. They sit at home during election day whereas in the north even the children are made to come out in their number to vote and yet we cry foul when it doesn't go our way. [/b]After following the primaries closely I am pained I didn't get a PVC

Simple truth . I worked with inec in d last election and was surprised at the low turn out of voters at east, I av to even delay till 2pm, yet dem no come out. But the moment the result was announced ehn, u see dem shouting foul play , ojoro .....etc
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Okadalifestyle(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
SarkinYarki:
a Party Chairman from the SW will cover for that. My take though
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Bishop4real: 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
eleojo23:
The South West will be feeling fly thinking that they are the only ones who decide the election until the Middle Belt destroys their calculation.

SE = Atiku - With IPOB boycott? Imo is APC. Anambra & Ebonyi are pro PMB. Enugu & Abia are gradually warming up to PMB through Ken Nnamani, OUK, Anyim etc.

SS = Atiku - Akwa Ibom has k-leg now bcoz of Akpabio. Rivers has two senators of APC extraction down already. Uduaghan Mas potted already. Meanwhile, the rigging machineries of 2015 in SS will surely be neutralized.

Half North - Atiku - Atiku can't win half north with PMB candidature & an Igbo man as deputy.

MB= Atiku - Yes, middle belt will likely go his way. Saraki, Mark etc & most importantly the herdsmen/farmers clashes

Half SW - Atiku - Half of SW with six states under APC grip? Not to talk about the Osibanjo effect. Can SW vote against their son through whom they can have another shot at presidency come, 2023? Remember, with Atiku's possible second term, the SE through Obi can deservedly lay solid claim to presidency come 2027. Can SW wait for so long?

Buhari will not sleep throughout this election period.
- - Surely no one will sleep as the intrigues will be high & interesting
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
talk2saintify:
shocked

Very smart decision from ATIKU
If Atiku Continues with this SMARTNESS, then winning 2019 elections would'nt be a problem
Even Though Peter Obi Never achieved any thing while in power during his tenure as the Governor of Anambra, Igbos and Easterners will still vote for him because Peter Obi is From the East!!
We already know that at least 55% of people who voted buhari during the last election are regretting it already, so we can admit that the reverse will be the case come2019.

peter obi did not achieve anything??

what are you saying sef?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by deomelo: 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
Politics and jokes aside, Atiku made the right decision even though at the back of his mind, he's still going to lose based on the same decision, but he's trying to minimize his lose.

Obi or anything ibo or ipob related in the North and the SW = Automatic failure, but he can not ignore the SE since the SE is the PDP's most rabid and eternally blind supporters. The SE is a deadly and losing trap he can not walk away from.

Atiku just self destruct, even though inevitable

With this goofy and predictable announcement, I'll just go ahead and sit back and enjoy @ #SAIBABA2019 cruise to VICTORY

grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by paramakina202: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
I know Atiku and PDP will not fück up.They are unlike wicked APC.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by afolayangs(m): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
who told you sw are happier now.
SarkinYarki:
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by francisMKD(m): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
Anambara amaka....Obi let's go there eeeee...... #dancing kunkere....
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Unik3030: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
Newmanluckyman:
...Atiku is now closer to the presidency like never before. Great move.
guy from analysis buhari will win hands down because obi as a VP is a bad market for atiku in d North cos majority of northerners will not want an Igbo man as VP n d Yorubas will also not vote for atiku because they prefer their own as VP cos they might see it as Igbos taking d presidency from backdoor

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by ststyreal(f): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
Good one from PDP, at least give the southeast some sense of belongings, they have tried and should be inculcated into the system. I love PDP for it sense of unity of purpose...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by ticom(m): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
I would have loved him to pick VP from SW and enter an agreement with the SE to hand over power to them after his tenure.
As it's now, if he wins, then the dream of having a President from SE will remain a wish.

Well that's just my own opinion, I feel for that region Sha!
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by hateme777: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
homebase:
If truly Atiku has picked Peter Obi from southeast as his VP, then the APC led FG may use it against them. How?

The FG may relax the security in the SE and SS during elections to allow IPOB carry out no vote threat which will lead to low voters turn out against PDP.

Home base, are you suggesting that the Python dance be relaxed ,so that Igbos security agents temporary take over during election ?

There is no need for that, the Nigerian security agencies will be naturally stretched due to national election, the Igbos can have a field day if they want to, na their corrupt Atiku go suffer .

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by NwaliE01: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
Source of your info. please?
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Myketuale(m): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
divinelove:
angry Big mistake
Why give vp to south East when u already have their votes.
VP should have been used to get massive votes from South West
How has he won their vote?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by victor2fresh(m): 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2018
MrMystrO:
Nigerians sha! All of a sudden Atiku has now become the best thing since sliced bread. Same Atiku that was in APC just last year. And this is how we will keep revolving around in circles, Recycling Old crooked politicians and NEVER Truly moving forward as a nation. Na wa ooo
I Don talk ds tin tire bro...why can't we change for Christs sake this whole Nigeria political system is messed up
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Maket: 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2018
muffyt05:
From the way I see it, Atiku's hope of winning is dead on arrival. His candidature is only being projected in the South East and the South South. I'm almost certain he can never get 25% of total vote casts in 2 out of the 6 Western States and his less than 30% electoral value in the North is another indicator that he's not getting anywhere with all these hypes. It would have been a tough election if Kwakwanso had been the contender as the guy commands a cult followership in the North,most especially, the state with highest number of registered voters.
For those thinking Atiku can get meaningful votes in the Southwest, they've gotta have a rethink as the region has some how benefitted from this government than the previous one and as such, wouldn't want to jeopardize the chances they already got,as they're fully aware a bird in hand is better than 10 in the air.
If you question my logic,you need to understand that the Nigerian politics is about what you can get for yourself and your people,it's the way it's been since Independence.
You have spoken well. The election will be a tough one but Atikwu can't win 2/3(24 out of 36) of the state as required in the constitution.
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by reality1010: 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2018
W3xy1:
That's great. As long as both of them will send bubu back to his 150 cows next year
PDP wants to finish APC by all means. Osinbajo is no match to Peter Obi.Peter Obi's influence cuts across all geopolitical zones unlike Osinbajo who is more ethnic. Peter speaks truth and simple but Osinbajo is cunning that's why d PMB men don't trust him. The role Osinbajo men played at d early days of PMB's health r still there. But Almighty God was on PMB to be alive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nowenuse: 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2018
candygist:
This will make the north and Yoruba gang up against atiku. Youdon know

Only the NW and Yorubas! Don't drag the middlebelt and NE into Buhari's madness.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Ifeanyi1990: 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2018
Peter Obi remain the best Governor Anambra state ever had till date....
I'm from Anambra

Very smart decision from ATIKU
If Atiku Continues with this SMARTNESS, then winning 2019 elections would'nt be a problem
Even Though Peter Obi Never achieved any thing while in power during his tenure as the Governor of Anambra, Igbos and Easterners will still vote for him because Peter Obi is From the East!!
We already know that at least 55% of people who voted buhari during the last election are regretting it already, so we can admit that the reverse will be the case come2019.

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

Rabiu Kwankwaso Dumps APC For PDP With 10 Kano State Lawmakers / Fayose Bids Ekiti People Farewell As He Takes To The Streets Of Ado-Ekiti.Photos / Dino Melaye Shares Pictures Of His Bullet Proof G Wagon Riddled With Gun Shots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.