Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,379 members, 7,800,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari (14255 Views)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Obasanjo Endorsement Of Peter Obi / Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless / Femi Adesina Posts Cryptic 'reaction' To Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by presidency: 3:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
State House Press Release

Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari

The Presidency has received the news of former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s predictable U-turn and somersault on the endorsement of the PDP candidate, Atiku Abubakar, at a meeting Thursday, and to say that we are the least surprised by the well-rehearsed theatre.

They will lose together. Listening to the prepared statement of the former President after the meeting showed the usual ego trip and “I know it all” character of Chief Obasanjo.

In the first place, we dare to say that a pompous statement from the former President advising Nigerians on a vote against President Buhari is the best recommendation that can come at this time.

It also betrayed a lack of understanding of today’s politics which is about good governance.

The country voted for change in 2015 and a leader that ensures good governance which only President Buhari and the APC can provide.

Bent on these laudable goals, we will not allow ourselves to be distracted.

We are busy on various national issues including the restructuring and the diversification of the economy, fighting corruption, terrorism and other threats to national security; increasing the availability of electric power, improving education, health, and providing long-delayed infrastructure – roads, rail, airports and so forth.

Many governments have come and gone, but they did not care about some of these projects.

We were talking about these things for sixteen years under the PDP and nothing was done.

President Buhari is proud of his record because his achievements are verifiable, while that of the PDP is manifested by the devastating social and economic impact of large scale corruption during their governance.

The President will not relent in the war against corruption because the ordinary people are the ultimate victims if we surrender to corruption and let its perpetrators go unpunished.

Abandoning the war against corruption is not an option. President Buhari is in this battle against graft because he cannot allow a few, rapacious, and selfish class of the elite to divert the resources meant for the well-being of the ordinary people to their private pockets.

Nigerians trust President Buhari in this effort because they are convinced he is not in government for personal financial benefits, or for an ego trip. It is just eleven years ago that the former President and Vice President in their ugly fight for power accused each other of corruption. Nigerians are yet to forget all that.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
October 11, 2018

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by Anigreat: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
shocked

Simple Buhari is lifeless shocked
Nothing can distract a lifeless being.

Back to Daura is inevitable. tongue

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by capatainrambo: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
zombie party

buhari go home. You havnt Nd cant do shii

I still remember Aisha your wife complained about aso roack cinic that there were no syringes and paracetamol in ask rock. clinic. that was after you budgeted 10 billion for the clinic.
which of course you stole o

and then you started visiting London anyhow.

nowhere you nor go even America. The. trump called you lifeless

22 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by LordBaelish: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
Was he meant to be distracted before?

He should be focused at going back to Daura.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by naijapips04: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
Chai. This endorsement pain APC sha.

Lai come make I give you one bottle of Atikulated beer make you use coolu temper. grin grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by moscobabs(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
Mizhoneywealth:
first to comment
LordBaelish:
Here
Mizhoneywealth:
ok

Space bookers Association of Nairaland.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by IsaacBuchi(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
What a presidency has time for amidst all the problems we have in this country....smh

undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by Mizhoneywealth: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
ok
Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by AtikuSupportUK(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
Lol- Presidency is scared . Forget the facades.

You people thought PDP will collapse after primaries and it's growth and acceptance has brought you pain.

-OBJ supported Shagari in 1979 & he won.
-OBJ supported Yar'Addua in 2007 & he won.
-OBJ supported Jonathan in 2011 & he won.
-OBJ supported Buhari in 2015 & he also won.
-OBJ now is also supporting Atiku despite their differences & of course he'll win.Buhari now is not a choice for Nigeria today

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by koolgee(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
Story
Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by foreshore(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
presidency:

The Presidency has received the news of former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s predictable U-turn and somersault on the endorsement of the PDP candidate, Atiku Abubakar, at a meeting Thursday, and to say that we are the least surprised by the well-rehearsed theatre.

They will lose together. Listening to the prepared statement of the former President after the meeting showed the usual ego trip and “I know it all” character of Chief Obasanjo.

In the first place, we dare to say that a pompous statement from the former President advising Nigerians on a vote against President Buhari is the best recommendation that can come at this time.

It also betrayed a lack of understanding of today’s politics which is about good governance.

The country voted for change in 2015 and a leader that ensures good governance which only President Buhari and the APC can provide.

We are busy on various national issues including the restructuring and the diversification of the economy, fighting corruption, terrorism and other threats to national security; increasing the availability of electric power, improving education, health, and providing long-delayed infrastructure – roads, rail, airports and so forth.

Many governments have come and gone, but they did not care about some of these projects.

We were talking about these things for sixteen years under the PDP and nothing was done.

President Buhari is proud of his record because his achievements are verifiable, while that of the PDP is manifested by the devastating social and economic impact of large scale corruption during their governance.

The President will not relent in the war against corruption because the ordinary people are the ultimate victims if we surrender to corruption and let its perpetrators go unpunished.

Abandoning the war against corruption is not an option. President Buhari is in this battle against graft because he cannot allow a few, rapacious, and selfish class of the elite to divert the resources meant for the well-being of the ordinary people to their private pockets.

Nigerians trust President Buhari in this effort because they are convinced he is not in government for personal financial benefits, or for an ego trip. It is just eleven years ago that the former President and Vice President in their ugly fight for power accused each other of corruption. Nigerians are yet to forget all that.

Garba Shehu
(Media & Publicity)
October 11, 2018

I hear you!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by ilogbe(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
Okay
Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by PastorandMentor(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
Who cares? The old man from daura should go and rest.
We can be age mates but that doesn't define who is stronger.
Take a look at Buhari and Atiku. Who is sound, learned and fit? I'll go for Atiku any day.
Time to go Buhari..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by ugochukwufrenzy: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
dat one is ur headache........APC never again...I've been #Atikulated...let's all join hands and return d gworo chewer to Daura...if u have been atikulated and u have ur PVC ready...u my friend are d real MVP

14 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by CheapDataGuy: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
Tah mechonu!!!

Something that shook the whole apc's clan.

Atiku may not be a saint but Pa Buhari is worse. He needs to be thrown out of that Aso rock.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
sad We Nigerian Christians will surely vote for Buhari in 2019. The igbo votes will be neutralized by kano votes and buhari will return as our darling President

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by maestroferdi: 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
Keep deceiving yourselves...

So in your mind Buhari is working, abi?

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by bart10: 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
grin
Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by Newbiee: 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
OBASANJO ON ATIKU

"I settled for Atiku Abubakar. Some of the reasons were he worked hard for the project, he never indicated interest in the job to me, he had worked closely with Shehu Yar'Adua and Shehu never passed any adverse comment on him,he had been elected as a Governor which already put him on the pedestal to move up politically, but he had been short- changed in the election that would have put M.K.O.Abiola in power, and he seemed to have some national outreach. 
*What I did not know, which came out glaringly later, was his parental background which was somewhat shadowy, his propensity to corruption, his tendency to disloyalty, his inability to say and stick to the truth all the time,a propensity for poor judgment, his belief and reliance on marabouts , his lack of transparency, his trust in money to buy his way out on all issues and his readiness to sacrifice morality, integrity, propriety truth and national interest for self and selfish interest.* 
May be some of these traits and poor attributes are not easy to see until you work with the person concerned. And those who should tell would keep quite so that they would not be accused of running others down . 
For instance until later, when a distinguished chief from Bauchi pointed out to me the value of pedigree, queried Atiku's pedigree and blamed me for making a wrong choice, I did not pay attention to Atiku's parental background. 
Furthermore until all efforts to help Atiku change had failed- and having stumbled upon a report of inquiry carried out on him- I asked one of my predecessors why he did not inform me of how bad the report was and he said that he though I knew.
He said, " This was a man I wanted to dismiss and jail but for the intervention of Shagaya and Shehu Yar'Adua. ". I took him at face value. However if his appointment was an error, I fully accepted responsibility for the genuine mistake. 
And knowing all that I discovered about him, what would have been an unpardonable mistake and sin against God would have been to foist him on Nigeria."

Olusegun Obasanjo
MY WATCH
Volume 2
Pages 31- 32

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by NwaliE01: 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
Buhari is not fighting corruption at all. He only worsen corruption in Our institutions.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by BubuZombi: 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
OBJ Bring Back Our $16billion for Power You Squandered.

Buhari Till 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by otukpo(f): 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
They are already afraid.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by Jahwinaboy(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
Restructuring Nigeria will be the best thing to ever happen to Nigerians. No matter whether u fly away or remain. Rich or poor. Educated or not. Smart or not. Christian or Muslim. Old or Young. Foolish or wise.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by arantess: 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
See fear na

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by whatmoreng: 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
why are they so worried?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by domino4211(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
See space bookers abeg grin
Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by Michealdonald24(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
Ppl self...
Jux for FCT.
And they ar putting up nonsense

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by jaxxy(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
Buhari has lost focus and goodwill.

A cabal running his govt- Tambuwal

Do not Re enforce faliure -Obasanjo

The Time Has Come.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by Woke4all(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
okay na.

Facebook accounts available for sale
Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by thonyokun(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
THRASH!!!
Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by TheMan3: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
Talk true, e pain you sha
Re: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku Will Not Distract President Buhari by lexy2014: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
presidency:

Garba Shehu
(Media & Publicity)
October 11, 2018
by writing all this plenty grammar, shows buhari is already distracted by d OBJ/Atiku combo

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Lagos Governorship Election / Why Is Beard Allowed In The Navy But Disallowed In The Army And Airforce / Dogara: Trader Moni Is Direct Vote Buying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.