Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,942 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (105220 Views)

A Nigerian Taxi Driver Picks Peter Obi In UK, Drives Him Free Of Charge (Photos) / If PDP Picks Peter Obi.... - Reno Omokri / Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Agugbadin: 4:53pm On Oct 12, 2018
akdjr:
The battle line has just been drawn! I will see who has more political strength among the SW and SE. As for Edo North, Sowore will get more vote than Atiku.

Sowore makes his money from falsehood and running people down such a person is not fit to lead people
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by papascode: 4:54pm On Oct 12, 2018
Let me inform you all, that BUHARI WON WAS BECAUSE OF NPDP AND NOT TINUBU. South west never voted OBJ in 99 but baba won

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 12, 2018
Benekruku:

5% just love bragging and Chest-beating
Show your face and call Igbo 5%.
Useless coward.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by jesmond3945: 4:54pm On Oct 12, 2018
Very good choice but not a political masterstroke. Atiku already has the igbos locked down but with this choice he has lost a greater percentage of yoruba votes.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by enemmo(f): 4:54pm On Oct 12, 2018
As for me and my PVC.
I will vote neither Buhari nor Atiku.
same difference.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by shamaki1(m): 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2018
APC ryt now grin grin
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2018
Tell us the degree of pain you feel.
South waster

Fukafuka:
grin
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by martins21: 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2018
leisuretym:
the east can not hold the position of the party chairman and vice president, this is what we told them then, the igbo are greedy, with them holding those two positions, Yoruba will not get anything, I'm afraid for atiku, we trust Atiku but not igbos
. Be careful Uche Secondus is from South south not East.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by macello4(m): 4:57pm On Oct 12, 2018
thunderfirebuha:

Pained Yorubastard.
oloriburuku somebody have come again ipob animal

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by wolverine1987: 4:57pm On Oct 12, 2018
Biggty:
Atiku and PDP would have stand a chance if they made a better choice by picking a more popular VP candidate, with this combo they will lose woefully next year.

Congratulations to APC in advance
is it really by that? how popular was yemi osinbajo when buhari picked him? it's politics n I'm sure he has weighed all his options

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by ladman(m): 4:57pm On Oct 12, 2018
izzou:
grin

I had wanted that Adeshina guy, but I think Atiku calculated well

To those thinking the South west won't vote him, go back to 2015 elections and see for yourself whether APC got 80% in the west

Adeshina would have been another good choice but Peter Obi is the best choice. He is a politician from the south east, technocrat and has a wonderful track record as a Governor. South West will vote for who the electorate feel will do well. The region is quite cosmopolitan with Presidential elections.

Just one problem though, I hope the Igbo leaders manage their ego. History has proven that to be the hubris of the region despite her people being quite Pan Nigerian. Now is the time to bring people from all over Nigeria rather than gloat.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by wonder233: 4:57pm On Oct 12, 2018
Would have stood not would have stand... This is exactly the reason we want to send you and your dullard back to Daura
Biggty:
Atiku and PDP would have stand a chance if they made a better choice by picking a more popular VP candidate, with this combo they will lose woefully next year.

Congratulations to APC in advance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by sojdson: 4:57pm On Oct 12, 2018
GuyWise:
The election is between LIGHT=PDP and DARKNESS=APC let Nigerians choose whether to live in darkness till 2023 or in light...

Me and I will Atikulect in 2019.

Between Jesus and Barabbas, one had to be released by Pontius Pilate; the people shouted, “Release Barabbas; crucify Jesus”. The people preferred a blatant robber to the One who came to fight robbers. GMB is too old, let him go and rest.

Vote for Hope 2019,
Vote @obyezeks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by 360command: 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
This is not the time for Nigeria to move forward. I feel sorry for Nigeria. Kleptocratic govt!!!
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by tambiri77: 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
A TI KU and OBI ,remember with obi or no obi SE is for A TI KU. Now what happen to the SW that have 16 million register voters to SE that have 8m register voters. Let wait and see 2019 is around the corner.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Brainardc(m): 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2018
As surprising as this combination might be, I love this...... good one
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2018
Yeah This Pick Is A Political Master Stroke.Hope It Jells
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Ziggylady(f): 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2018
franchasng:
They are that horrible na, u don't know before now

They are ready to exhume Abacha and vote for him so long as he picks a Yoruba as VP!

Most of their actions since 1966 is mostly to spite Igbos.

They are so scared of Igbos to a fault lol.

Atiku should have given them the VP slot knowing fully well that Igbos would vote for him whether he picked an Igbo person or not!

All Igbos want is a secured, thriving Nigeria devoid or marginalization of any tribe, with a level playing ground, Igbos will always lead economically cool

You are right,but i dont agree that Igbo will vote for Atiku if he had picked a SW

...I can assure you that a number of those ready to vote Atiku would stay at home on election day if he did not pick someone from SE and that includes me.

...That will surely see buhari easily coasting to victory
It is dangerous to take people for granted like that..least of all Igbos

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by franchasng: 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2018
tosyne2much:
Was Osibanjo as popular as Obi when people voted him in 2015?
If u are Yoruba, u ought to know how Yoruba people vote during national election.

Yorubas and Fulanis are the most tribalistic tribes in Nigeria, followed by Igbo and Hausa then Berom, Ijaw, etc.

Yorubas consider voting for their tribal man or woman first before they consider competence. Same applies to Fulani.

But Igbos vote personality not even party.

Once Igbos perceive u as a man who loves all, respects all, supports business and industrialization and not a religious extremist, then Igbos will vote for u regardless of your party or popularity.

If APC present Osinbajo as Presidential candidate, Igbos will become divided on who to vote between Osinbajo and Atiku.

But with Buhari as APC presidential flag bearer, Igbos will vote even Sowore than vote for Buhari who happens to be a religious extremist and tribalist.

But majority of Yorubas are ready to vote for devil so long as that devil picks a Yoruba as VP and ready to openly marginalize Igboa while favouring Yorubas

That is how Yoruba people vote in national election.

Individually Yorubas are cool but collectively in national politics, they are very horrible to deal with

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by uncjay(m): 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2018
I think this is a great news.....
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by shabak: 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2018
GuyWise:
The election is between LIGHT=PDP and DARKNESS=APC let Nigerians choose whether to live in darkness till 2023 or in light...

Me and I will Atikulect in 2019.
hearts attack will kill by 2019, go and ask foyose and adeleke
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by SternProphet: 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2018
papascode:
Let me inform you all, that BUHARI WON WAS BECAUSE OF NPDP AND NOT TINUBU. South west never voted OBJ in 99 but baba won

PDP rigged MASSIVELY in SS, SE for OBJ and GEJ.
That can never ever happen again. Big problem for Atiku in the North and SW.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Bizibi(m): 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2018
franchasng:
Yes, knowing Yorubas as the most tribalistic tribe in Nigeria after Fulani, they won't vote Atiku again.

Yorubas vote tribe first before competence.

Atiku ought to have given Adesina the VP slot just to get tribalistic Yoruba people's vote. And Adesina would have made a wonderful VP.

Maybe he could have picked Peter Obi for another appointment when he wins.

Seriously, Atiku has lost Southwest.

His advisers didn't advice him well.

They ought to have informed him that whether he picked an Igbo person as VP or not, Igbos will massively vote for him against Buhari that is well disliked amongst majority of Igbos.

Atiku u fall my hand walayi angry
vote tribe first and you think all yoruba people think like this.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by GoldHorse(m): 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2018
So are we postponing Biafra?
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Unik3030: 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2018
Ziggylady:

I Can see some Yorubas congratulating buhari already becayse Atiku picked a SEs and i just laugh at the stuppidity of jumping the gun already,

i wonder why you lots think any election is about you folks...talk about delusions of grandeur/self-centeredness raise to infinity..

Anyway Atiku is the pass-word for my family and i.
how many Igbos have PVC n even in the north do u think the northerners want to have something doing with anything Igbo?n d SW will prefer to have a VP other than obi an Igbo man
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by bluefilm: 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2018
jesmond3945:
Very good choice but not a political masterstroke. Atiku already has the igbos locked down but with this choice he has lost a greater percentage of yoruba votes.

Atiku is not smart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2018
tayebest:
Now that the igbos have something to hold on to rather than the dead on arrival Biafra.

Dem no con get PVC cry cheesy cheesy grin
grin
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by petercity: 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2018
great
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Johnny227(m): 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2018
I am #Atikulated...!!!

We give you free $10 on registration.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by WavesOfGlory(m): 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2018
At last! E wan begin beta for 9ja.
Re: Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by LordIsaac(m): 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2018
If we are truly one Nijeriya, Igbos deserve a place too at the table...Atiku just cut their influence ɓƴ giving them a V.P. slot....a V.P. is useless in Nigeria; whose decisions can be reversed by even the chief of staff to the president. Except, of course, the president dies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Was Stabbed With A Poisoned Knife / Abba Kyari Sent His Photos To Hushpuppi - FBI (Pictures) / President Bola Tinubu And Asari Dokubo - Then Vs Now (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.