Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Nipost Enugu Opened My Parcel And Extorted 7800 From Me - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nipost Enugu Opened My Parcel And Extorted 7800 From Me (1337 Views)

NIPOST Delivery From Aliexpress / NCC, NIPOST To Verify SIM Card Owners' Addresses / Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nipost Enugu Opened My Parcel And Extorted 7800 From Me by eightsin(m): 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2018
The management of NIPOST Enugu, Enugu State has forcefully extorted the sum of 7800 naira from me, claiming it to be custom duty. On getting home, I tried opening my parcel only to find out it has been opened already and sealed back with the NIPOST tap. I am shocked and baffled that a parcel I bought from China can be opened by NIPOST without due authorisation. My parcel number is RB619437015SG. I have all evidence of paying and a video showing my tempered parcel. I asked them to give me the paper to go pay custom through remita, she refused. After paying her cash, she didn't want to give me an evidence of paying so I had to start raising my voice that she either give me a copy of the so-called custom paper (which happens to be NIPOST paper, see pic) or refund my money, she then gave me to go make a photocopy.

My purpose of writing this is that I want to seek redress. I want to know why/who opened my parcel and who is responsible for this corruption perpetuated by Enugu NIPOST but do not know how to go about it. Any input by those that know how will be highly appreciated.

MOD please help move this to front page. Regards

5 Likes

Re: Nipost Enugu Opened My Parcel And Extorted 7800 From Me by Rooy57(m): 7:31pm On Oct 12, 2018
MOD will not see this kind of thing to push to front page but if it is cee cee that wear see through dress, they will quickly push it to front page.

Those nipost guys are becoming something else. Custom duty being paid at nipost counter? Which kind country be this self

5 Likes

Re: Nipost Enugu Opened My Parcel And Extorted 7800 From Me by timbabng(m): 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
Hello OP, You cannot call it tampering because all parcel/packages can be opened by customs. They have every right to open your package without your permission for several reasons. As long as they don't damage/misplace the contents, then it's within the law.

They can also place a custom duty charge on your package depending on the value. If you imported an iPhone x for example, I'm sure you would have paid higher than N7800. This happens in developed countries too.

They now have offices in the general post offices across the nation. So, before you order something expensive, check the price in the local market first.

1 Like

Re: Nipost Enugu Opened My Parcel And Extorted 7800 From Me by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 12, 2018
grin
Rooy57:
MOD will not see this kind of thing to push to front page but if it is cee cee that wear see through dress, they will quickly push it to front page.

Those nipost guys are becoming something else. Custom duty being paid at nipost counter? Which kind country be this self
Re: Nipost Enugu Opened My Parcel And Extorted 7800 From Me by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 12, 2018
eightsin:
The management of NIPOST Enugu, Enugu State has forcefully extorted the sum of 7800 naira from me, claiming it to be custom duty. On getting home, I tried opening my parcel only to find out it has been opened already and sealed back with the NIPOST tap. I am shocked and baffled that a parcel I bought from China can be opened by NIPOST without due authorisation. My parcel number is RB619437015SG. I have all evidence of paying and a video showing my tempered parcel. I asked them to give me the paper to go pay custom through remita, she refused. After paying her cash, she didn't want to give me an evidence of paying so I had to start raising my voice that she either give me a copy of the so-called custom paper (which happens to be NIPOST paper, see pic) or refund my money, she then gave me to go make a photocopy.

My purpose of writing this is that I want to seek redress. I want to know why/who opened my parcel and who is responsible for this corruption perpetuated by Enugu NIPOST but do not know how to go about it. Any input by those that know how will be highly appreciated.

I don't blame you even in developed nations package is being scanned everything will show.

Ode so you want to start smuggling drugs, because ipob people that's your business..

Just imagined if package ain't scanned or checked do you know how many bombs would have been smuggled into USA or other developed nations by Islamic terrorism religion and their extremists?

I'm tired of nairaland and it's senseless post

1 Like

Re: Nipost Enugu Opened My Parcel And Extorted 7800 From Me by highchief3(m): 3:25am On Oct 13, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
I don't blame you even in developed nations package is being scanned everything will show.

Ode so you want to start smuggling drugs, because ipob people that's your business..

Just imagined if package ain't scanned or checked do you know how many bombs would have been smuggled into USA or other developed nations by Islamic terrorism religion and their extremists?

I'm tired of nairaland and it's senseless post
haba you could have explained things to him without all this name calling, dude you gat too much hatred in your heart, work on yourself, don't let the internet turn you into a monster....

13 Likes

Re: Nipost Enugu Opened My Parcel And Extorted 7800 From Me by Dapson932(m): 5:36am On Oct 13, 2018
I have received a lot of deliveries through post office, and i don't think the post office of any state have the right to open the package except when it comes through the airport, and gets cleared by Nigerian Custom, and custom always seals back any package they checked. Also, if you are to pay any price on your package, it's going to be written on it.

P.S: we don't collect receipt for that kind of money though undecided

1 Like

Re: Nipost Enugu Opened My Parcel And Extorted 7800 From Me by lobell: 7:11am On Oct 13, 2018
eightsin:

Take it to twitter and tag Nipost and Dr Joe Abah. Thank me later.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nipost Enugu Opened My Parcel And Extorted 7800 From Me by ignis: 7:33am On Oct 13, 2018
I think you can take the case to EFCC...
Re: Nipost Enugu Opened My Parcel And Extorted 7800 From Me by yomalex(m): 9:34am On Oct 13, 2018
NIPOST in Ibadan issues receipt.
Re: Nipost Enugu Opened My Parcel And Extorted 7800 From Me by eightsin(m): 10:46am On Oct 13, 2018
Thanks to everyone who has contributed. intend going to their office on monday to see their boss though i have this feeling he is involved in it.
Re: Nipost Enugu Opened My Parcel And Extorted 7800 From Me by hoover420: 11:16am On Oct 13, 2018
Dapson932:
I have received a lot of deliveries through post office, and i don't think the post office of any state have the right to open the package except when it comes through the airport, and gets cleared by Nigerian Custom, and custom always seals back any package they checked. Also, if you are to pay any price on your package, it's going to be written on it.

P.S: we don't collect receipt for that kind of money though undecided
Pls and pls do you have any idea how much post-office will charge if I am to import iPhone 8+?
Re: Nipost Enugu Opened My Parcel And Extorted 7800 From Me by chygoz3(m): 11:42am On Oct 13, 2018
lobell:

Take it to twitter and tag Nipost and Dr Joe Abah. Thank me later.
I was just about to suggest this.
Re: Nipost Enugu Opened My Parcel And Extorted 7800 From Me by femarse: 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2018
yomalex:
NIPOST in Ibadan issues receipt.

yeah that is thru, imported iPhone 6s, was charge 14.5k customs, vat and other silly charge like that make it up to 14.5k they however gave me the receipt for the charges

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Advice Me On Nokia X5 Or Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 / FAIRLY USED IPHONE 6s+ 16gb 55k And Slightly Negotiable / Any XIAOMI Phone With Edge Display Like SAMSUNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.