Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,179 members, 7,807,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Words On The Marble: 12 Memorable Words From Peter Obi As A Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Words On The Marble: 12 Memorable Words From Peter Obi As A Governor (507 Views)

Videos From Peter Obi Supporters' Rally In Lafia, Nasarawa / Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate / Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Words On The Marble: 12 Memorable Words From Peter Obi As A Governor by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
Below are some of Peter Obi comments on questions about his regime.
All of this comments below are actualy/arguably verified.
You can verify them yourselves but let give it a thought.
Can Atiku and Obii deliver Nigeria?
Both are Business men are employers of labour with zero tribalistics colors.

Here:

1. "I used the 150million for 2 bullet proof cars to buy almost 50 Peugeot cars at 3 million each.. gave 17 to JUDGES and 18 to permanent Secretaries and kept 10 for govt house... which I used as Governor... I did not use bullet proof cars as Governor." Peter Obi

2. "They said we should attend world Igbo Congress in U. S.... That the budget WAS cut from 40 to 32million.... I asked them why... That only one person should go and come and tell us what was discussed."

3. "I requested Obasanjo to spend the nights in my lodge Since they said he must sleep over... I asked my wife to pack out of my bedroom... We went opposite to lodge in a hotel (name mentioned) for the week, we paid N30,000 instead of N100,000

4. They said President Obasanjo is coming... I went to borrow the kind of cars they wanted... Instead of spending millions... From a neigbouring state

5. "I beg you to participate more in politics, the society we help them abuse today will take its revenge tomorrow"

6. "We handed schools back to Churches and by 2013, we were number one in WAEC.

7. You know there are many big men in Anambra state, so when they want to see me, I say to them I will come to you instead

8. If I sleep in a hotel and have to pay N250k a night, I will be awake all night...feeling like I was robbed

9. I reduced my convoy to 5 vehicles and you cannot buy fuel unless I am in the car"

10. I had to stop the Presidential lodge in Anambra... A project awarded at 400million. I had to close down state house in Lagos and Abuja... Because I felt we dont need it.... Even when other states had.

11. The question is: what are you borrowing for? Are you borrowing for consumption or for production? When you borrow for consumption, you are heading for disaster

12. "The only way out of recession is to spend for growth. You can only spend for growth either from savings or from borrowing.

Share your thoughts
Lalasticlala
Re: Words On The Marble: 12 Memorable Words From Peter Obi As A Governor by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
grin
Re: Words On The Marble: 12 Memorable Words From Peter Obi As A Governor by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2018
Governor that perused purchase of A4 paper in Govt house..

If the duo were not rigid in management of resources, their establishments would have been long forgotten.
Re: Words On The Marble: 12 Memorable Words From Peter Obi As A Governor by Kingosytex(m): 6:32pm On Oct 12, 2018
sentiments aside, peter obi is really an asset. i admire the man's courage, determination, intelligence and open-mindedness

2 Likes

Re: Words On The Marble: 12 Memorable Words From Peter Obi As A Governor by otukpo(f): 6:35pm On Oct 12, 2018
Peter Obi is a great guy that gives Nigeria hope.

But i would have preferred that Buhari will get Ambode treatment in 2019..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Join Atiku Winning Train Now - Gambo / Efficiency Of MOSSAD Will Be Replicated In Biafra To Avenge Blood Of My People – / Rivers State Dominated And Controlled By PDP Losses All Senators To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.