Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,355 members, 7,780,955 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:21 AM

Have I Been Scammed? Please Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Have I Been Scammed? Please Help (865 Views)

Am I Been Cheated / How I Was Scammed By Mobile Nig / Have You Been Scammed By Fake Web Developers? Report To EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by Bari22: 7:52pm On Oct 12, 2018
Not more than one hour ago i met one guy at atm centre, he ask me to help him transfer 20k to his account so that he will give me the money. I tried several times but the atm is saying name verification failed. At the end i told him i'm not doing again while trying one more time but the transfer is not going instead they retained my card he immediately dialed something on the atm and i was asked to put my phone number and pin and because i'm eager i put them right on his eyes. We went and ask the guard he says there is no one at the bank, i should come back tomorrow by 10am
Re: Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 12, 2018
How can you be scammed when you have not gotten debit alert.

And you not posted the screen shot with the statement - "it's not the money that is my problem....... "
Re: Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 12, 2018
grin
TarOrfeek:

And you not posted the screen shot with the statement - "it's not the money that is my problem....... "
Re: Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by Bari22: 8:08pm On Oct 12, 2018
TarOrfeek:

Bros, i just fear because he saw my password and probably he saw those numbers in front of my atm card. I heard with those numbers one can withdrew all the money in your account
Re: Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by Bari22: 9:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
After that the guy run away claiming he will call someone who can help me, i'm in total fear right now because the guy seems suspicious. I have almost 150k in the account out of which 120k is not mine. please help me know my fate if you can, lalasticlala, seun and mynd44 help
Re: Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by Godmother(f): 9:16pm On Oct 12, 2018
Bari22:
After that the guy run away claiming he will call someone who can help me, i'm in total fear right now because the guy seems suspicious. I have almost 150k in the account out of which 120k is not mine. please help me know my fate if you can, lalasticlala, seun and mynd44 help

You took a risk o. Why would you even agree to help a total stranger with all the stories of atm scam flying around?

Anyways, the only thing you can do now is pray. For all you know the guy might be innocent and you'll get your card soon.
Re: Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by Ayemileto(m): 11:18pm On Oct 12, 2018
Godmother:

You took a risk o. Why would you even agree to help a total stranger with all the stories of atm scam flying around?

Anyways, the only thing you can do now is pray. For all you know the guy might be innocent and you'll get your card soon.

If you use Wema bank or alar, and you use online banking, better hotlist your card online.

or

Transfer all the money in your account to a trusted person's account using ussd banking.
Re: Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by Bari22: 3:39am On Oct 13, 2018
Ayemileto:

If you use Wema bank or alar, and you use online banking, better hotlist your card online.

or

Transfer all the money in your account to a trusted person's account using ussd banking.

That's the problem, i've lost my alert sim and the only option remain for me is to wait till i got my atm
Re: Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by wwwmaster: 4:39am On Oct 13, 2018
Why not transfer out the money to another account, better still you can change the atm pin (believing that your money is still intact).
Re: Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by Godmother(f): 5:44am On Oct 13, 2018
Ayemileto:

or

Ye, that would be a smart move. Most banks have codes and you can transfer the money from that account to another account of yours or someone else's.
Re: Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by nnamdiosu(m): 7:32am On Oct 13, 2018
Bari22:

So you mean that all along, when we were shouting...DONT HELP ANYONE WITHDRAW OR DO ANYTHING ON THE ATM, INSTEAD DIRECT THEM TO THE SECURITY GUARDS FOR HELP, YOU WERE SLEEPING BAH?
OK. My advice to you:
If you do mobile banking withdraw all the money now to another account

2/ block the card and get a new one.

3. Begin serious prayers and promise God never to do over sabi again in an ATM

1 Like

Re: Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by Ayemileto(m): 2:19pm On Oct 19, 2018
how far with your money?

Bari22:
Not more than one hour ago i met one guy at atm centre, he ask me to help him transfer 20k to his account so that he will give me the money. I tried several times but the atm is saying name verification failed. At the end i told him i'm not doing again while trying one more time but the transfer is not going instead they retained my card he immediately dialed something on the atm and i was asked to put my phone number and pin and because i'm eager i put them right on his eyes. We went and ask the guard he says there is no one at the bank, i should come back tomorrow by 10am
Re: Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by Bari22: 8:08pm On Oct 19, 2018
Ayemileto:
how far with your money?
They've gone sir, i'm in a mess rightnow
Re: Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by Ayemileto(m): 10:08am On Oct 20, 2018
Bari22:

They've gone sir, i'm in a mess rightnow

Sorry for that.

Do you file a complain with the police. Ask them to request for the ATM video recording.

I belief it will capture the guys face.

You can report to efcc too.

But don't you use e banking or ussd banking ? You could have blocked your ATM card or transfer all your money to another account when you suspect foul play.
Re: Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by Bari22: 11:33am On Oct 20, 2018
Ayemileto:

Sorry for that.

Do you file a complain with the police. Ask them to request for the ATM video recording.

I belief it will capture the guys face.

You can report to efcc too.

But don't you use e banking or ussd banking ? You could have blocked your ATM card or transfer all your money to another account when you suspect foul play.

I have written an application requesting for his picture. but i've already give up. I don't think i can get back my money. It remains for me to payback the other person
Re: Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by vicajabor: 7:43am On Oct 21, 2018
cry Sorry bro.
You messed up.
You could have easily called your bank to place a no debit order on your account or block your card.
Instead you came to Nairaland.

Some people can be really heartless.
Be strong brother it's one of the things you learn from.
Re: Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by Bari22: 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2018
vicajabor:
cry Sorry bro.
You messed up.
You could have easily called your bank to place a no debit order on your account or block your card.
Instead you came to Nairaland.

Some people can be really heartless.
Be strong brother it's one of the things you learn from.

Thanks bro, i have learnt a lesson
Re: Have I Been Scammed? Please Help by akeentech(m): 3:05pm On Oct 21, 2018
You allowed yourself to be scammed.

Are you a blogger or aspiring bloggers? add me on WhatsApp let's mingle see my signature

(1) (Reply)

I Created A Replica Of Nairaland Website..coding It With My Phone.. / ****#FRESH UK Adsense Needed Asap!!!!**** / Ecommerce Website For Sale With Domain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.