Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft (4724 Views)

Poll: Would you fly Air Nigeria or Other Reputable Airline base on safety and maintenance?

Yes: 54% (23 votes)
No: 45% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

"Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity / Pictures of President Jonathan Inspecting an Aircraft Made by a Youth at YOUWIN / The Gnld Opportunity {re-branded} (2) (3) (4)

Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by dkings101(m): 7:10pm On Jul 13, 2010
Nigeria’s flag carrier, Air Nigeria, on Wednesday in Lagos formally made public its first re-branded aircraft.

Unveiling the airplane on the tarmac of the new domestic terminal, Murtala Mohammed International 2 (MMA2), the management of the carrier told aviation correspondents that the new name will be on all its fleet in due course.

“We told you a week ago that the aircraft will arrive and to the glory of God, we have it here, this is the first aircraft that will be named Air Nigeria and this is to demonstrate how far we are progressing in the turn-around,” said Jimoh Ibrahim, group managing director for the airline.

Congratulating Nigerians on the feat, Mr. Ibrahim promised that the rebranded Nigerian Eagle Airline, formerly known as Virgin Nigeria, that is now Air Nigeria has come to stay, adding that more aeroplanes are going to be added to the airline’s fleet.

“I can assure that on this project, I am committed and I want to congratulate Nigerians for having an airline of their own that they can be proud of. Whether you like it or not, it has come to stay, I have no apology for anyone that doesn’t like it,” he said.

“More aircraft will start coming in from now, we expect the arrival of two aircraft in the livery of Air Nigeria in the next 15 days, thereafter another four will arrive and then we will have a dozen aircraft by the 1st of October; and by then we would have finished with the first phase of the turnaround, we will then move to Human resources.”

Early this month, Air Nigeria at a briefing held at its headquarters in Lagos, disclosed that the new name of its carrier became necessary in order to make the airline fully indigenous, adding that the change was effected sequel to the resolution of the board on May 14, and that the name has been approved by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and has been registered with a certificate number RC501975.

Indebtedness to banks

On the airline’s debt with Guarantee Trust Bank, the NICON group boss disclosed that Air Nigeria has cleared all that it owed the financial institution, and that the case in court has been closed.

“On GTB, I am sure that you know that the issue has been rested, but don’t ask how it was rested, that is the job of the turnaround. That has come to an end, all those unwanted criticism that GTB is a problem will not happen.

“The GTB case is dead and it has been discontinued, for what we did was to pay after having a meeting; we did not restructure the debt, we fully discharged the debt and we are not indebted to Guarantee Trust to one Kobo again,” said Mr. Ibrahim.

The airline’s boss promised that its indebtedness to another bank in the country will be cleared shortly, adding that loans are necessary for a company’s survival.

“We are dealing with two banks, we’ve paid one, the other one will get its pay in the next two weeks, for we are to pay them hundred per cent and they will give us a letter of non-indebtedness and their debt will become zero,” he said “It is not as if you should not take loans, you can take it and then pay back, we will still take more loans but we want to know the capacity of paying back what we have taken.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5581747-147/air_nigeria_unveils_first_re-branded_aircraft.csp

Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by iseg007(m): 11:33am On Jul 14, 2010
OLD GIST , well i wish them the best, since Jimoh Ibrahim dont have any looters backing the airline, so UP ARIK AIR,
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by Blazing99: 11:36am On Jul 14, 2010
I like the brand. Thumbs up to all those involved in this
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by frankcimc(m): 11:37am On Jul 14, 2010
This is a great news for the day, keep it up Nigeria. I am going to always fly with you. Hope we can all encourge them by flying with them and make this Air Nigeria a sound name in Aviation industry. More grease to your eblow.
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by shotuns: 11:47am On Jul 14, 2010
Oh . NIgeria, the land full of honey, We shall get there. I am happy to hear this and at the same we need good monitoring,maintainance,security.

God bless NIgeria.
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by Myself2(m): 11:52am On Jul 14, 2010
Jimoh Ibrahim,can he run an airline
Well the aicraft in this photo looks far better than the airborne coffins he had in his defunct nicon air
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by anitabest(f): 11:56am On Jul 14, 2010
I love this. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by tkb417(m): 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2010
unveiling ke?

been flyin this thing since
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by oluagness(m): 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2010
Jimoh Ibrahim is my man
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by kobikwelu(m): 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2010

unveiling ke?

been flyin this thing since

no b only u ooooo

as as last week i saw the plane taking off as i was using aero

by the way, would he run the aero plan, i.e online booking and incentives?

hope so, so that he can boost the airline
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by Tmoni(m): 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2010
Congratulations on the unveiling but I dnt really think he should have used all that money to pay off the debts in one go

In a capital intensive business, you will definately need debt (tax and financing reasons), i think he should have done a debt arrangement deal with them (GTB and UBA)

I will definately pop the bubbly when i check opodo and have one of my options for a lagos - london flight as Air Nigeria. this should help the competition and hopefuuly, better prices and customer service for us,

Wish them well,
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by Fhemmmy: 12:44pm On Jul 14, 2010
Congratulations to Nigeria, and those that will operate this and to all brain behind its success
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by BadExample: 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2010
Is the plane Air Worthy?
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by D1KeleVra(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2010
F*ckd up design angry
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by sandee575(f): 1:15pm On Jul 14, 2010
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft
« #12 on: Today at 12:47:09 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the plane Air Worthy?

Any airplane flying in Nigeria is certified airworthy. Good question though.
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by wale4x35(m): 1:49pm On Jul 14, 2010
I love the new logo

Hope they can keep it flying grin grin grin grin

God bless Nigeria

Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by Dungren1(m): 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2010
Air Nigeria(Virgin Nigeria) is one of the best airlines Nigeria has in terms of safety, customer service and maintenance. That is the only airline I enjoy flying.
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by DoubleN(m): 2:09pm On Jul 14, 2010
I just have the feeling that this is the beginning of the end of the Airline.I don't understand what manner of government would frustrate an investor like Richard Branson out of their country.Now they most of their flagship routes are dead like the Lagos - London route.All the same the i wish Mr Ibrahim the best of luck.
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by walcolm(m): 2:26pm On Jul 14, 2010
Jimoh Ibrahim or more like NICON paid UBA, the other bank virgin nigeria was owing and got the letter from the bank confirming that.

i hope he is able to pull off this one, i kinda like the concept of a national carrier if its well run.

the man doesnt really have any real business success stories in his past as far as i know. wish him luck all the same
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by Dungren1(m): 2:30pm On Jul 14, 2010
^^^

Richard Branson was not frustrated out of Nigeria. He just wasn't really interested in taking the company to another level. He never had any investment in Nigeria, all the aircrafts were leased, never owned its own office. He was never ready to stay for long.

Emirates Airline come to Nigeria twice daily with their Big aircraft and they still want more slot because they know how to do the business the right way.

I belief Air Nigeria (Under Jimoh Ibrahim) will do well.
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by cicero(m): 2:45pm On Jul 14, 2010
Some how I am tired of this green color.
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by oluwabamis(m): 2:57pm On Jul 14, 2010
air nigeria or not, count me out. i will stick to my aero and arik, they are my choices. remember how nigeria airways ended, my prayer is air nigeria dont end that way, nigeria govt. cant run any business successfully as far as i know, this air nigeria still have the hand of government in it. i wish air nigeria good luck all the same.
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by beknown(m): 3:10pm On Jul 14, 2010
Double N:

I just have the feeling that this is the beginning of the end of the Airline.I don't understand what manner of government would frustrate an investor like Richard Branson out of their country.Now they most of their flagship routes are dead like the Lagos - London route.All the same the i wish Mr Ibrahim the best of luck.

Let us be positive about our new Nigeria brand. Richard Branson is a businessman and he will not invest in Nigeria if his own terms were not favourable.

There are many capable investors beside Richard Branson.

Air Nigeria can make it. All it require is to shun corruption and employ reliable, responsible and excellent brains among Nigerians. Above all, excellent leadership.

I will be very happy to see the return of Air Nigeria to Lagos-London route so that many European carriers who are currently charging excessive ticket prices can begin to see real competition.
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by johnwell(m): 3:28pm On Jul 14, 2010
There's nothing to be positive about, lets face the reality,,,, Naija is our country and we know what her leaders are up to,, I pray this should be real, but am scared this could be the Season II of The National Flying Coffin , whatever the case maybe, the end shall tell, but as for me, I can't fly,
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by beknown(m): 3:48pm On Jul 14, 2010
johnwell:

There's nothing to be positive about, lets face the reality,,,, Naija is our country and we know what her leaders are up to,, I pray this should be real, but am scared this could be the Season II of The National Flying Coffin , whatever the case maybe, the end shall tell, but as for me, I can't fly,

The reality in Nigeria is that many people are very pessimistic about success.

As far as I am concerned, Air Nigeria can be a success in Nigeria. For example, Arik Air is one success story in Nigeria.

Arik Air is now competing well with other international airlines. In fact, I prefer Arik Air now for international trips.

In the same way, Air Nigeria can be another positive example soon.

If you think success cannot happen in Nigeria, you could be left behind by positive developments in Nigeria.
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by Guk: 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2010
typical Jimoh Ibrahim charade!!!! Hundreds of Contractors/Suppliers/Service Providers etc are still bn owed billions of Naira & we have been told point blank that he is not interested in paying debts owed by the past administration, and that we can go to court if we like.

Caveat: Shine your eyes if u intend to do business with Air Nigeria
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by Dungren1(m): 4:19pm On Jul 14, 2010
^^^

Could you help list some of the Hundreds of contractors they are owing BILLIONS OF NAIRA.
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by Redman44(m): 5:37pm On Jul 14, 2010
I just admire Jimoh Ibrahim. He is a man that is not afraid to take up challenges. I like his entrepreneurial spirit and his never say die attitude. I will be monitoring Air Nigeria and I might start using the Airline for travelling purposes. Let us support our businessmen. Nigeria needs to have a respected National carrier. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by software(m): 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2010
I will not fly a Nigeria aircraft oooo. only if the president and his ministers will fly first, no be me dem go take do pepper soup, abi na road testing, ? grin
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by software(m): 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2010
ok then, if others fly, then i will, but trust me i wount b d first
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by Dungren1(m): 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2010
software:

I will not fly a Nigeria aircraft oooo. only if the president and his ministers will fly first, no be me dem go take do pepper soup, abi na road testing, ? grin

I am really surprised at your response.

This is an airline (formerly Virgin Nigeria) operated by Nigerians, flown by Nigerians with Nigerian passengers(e.g Ministers, Governors, highly placed professionals and artist), and you say you can't fly.
Re: Air Nigeria Unveils First Re-branded Aircraft by software(m): 7:21pm On Jul 14, 2010
Dungren*:

I am really surprised at your response.

This is an airline (formerly Virgin Nigeria) operated by Nigerians, flown by Nigerians with Nigerian passengers(e.g Ministers, Governors, highly placed professionals and artist), and you say you can't fly.

oops, i guess i was drunk, A friend today was telling me of a project named AFIT by the Nigeria Airforce. they just designed a manned aircraft, i was thinking that was what the discussion was abt, if its the Virgin Nigeria i know abt, then i will fly, I remain Patrotic, God bless naija,

Who's Got A Sharp And Lucrative Business I Can Invest 100k On / E-currency Market For Port Harcourt Residents Only!! / This Bank Is Giving Loans To Non-customers, How To Access It

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61