Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,776 members, 7,802,384 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Conquering My Fears (how To) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Conquering My Fears (how To) (256 Views)

Very Big Bat Seen At A Compound, Sparks Fears (Pix, Video) / TURNING 25! My Fears,� My Experiences! My Regrets, Things I Wish I Can Change� / What Are Your Fears In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Conquering My Fears (how To) by Williamnary35: 1:45am On Oct 13, 2018
As a child, I was always very afraid of the dark. I never conquered my fears, I am still afraid of the dark sometimes. I always believed that there was a boogeyman under the bed waiting to jump at me.

Then the holy book tells me that he has not given us the spirit of fear but of sound mind. Then my fears became a distance memory.

As an adult, I have fears, fears of uncertainty, you may call it fear of the unknown but I call it anxiety. I can guide my tomorrow but I can’t control the exact outcome.

Instead of expecting the future to give me something specific, I focus on what I will do to create what I want to experience. So I have decided to find my center so as to help me feel better prepared to tackle whatever comes my way.

To conquer fear is to dare greatly, or go out there in the arena and expose ourselves to failure and criticism. To conquer my fears I had to be honest with myself about what exactly my fears were and understanding my own anxieties and limitations and choosing to work through them.

Exposing myself to what I fear was also a good remedy, exposure was a successful way of dealing with my anxiety disorder and everyday fear. So I exposed myself to my fears, it didn’t kill me of course, it made me stronger, courageous and peaceful.

Then when I looked under the bed, there was no boogeyman lurking in the dark and when anxiety comes knocking at the door, I push it by the corner and think positively, shutting down every doors of uncertainty and fears.

https://www.e60buzz.com.ng/conquering-my-fears-how-to/

(1) (Reply)

Workers Block Imo Govt House Over Unpaid Salaries / Why A Family Planning Method May Fail / Https://youtu.be/-7679pyewp4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.