Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Pdp Aspirants Protest Imposition Of Candidates In Alimosho - Eyesoflagos.com - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Aspirants Protest Imposition Of Candidates In Alimosho - Eyesoflagos.com (251 Views)

APC Vice Chairman, Lukman Resigns Over Imposition Of Ganduje As National Chairma / Video Of Lady Crying And Blasting Wike Over "Imposition Of Candidates" / Ekiti PDP Aspirants Vandalize Secretariat, Reject Imposition By Fayose (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Aspirants Protest Imposition Of Candidates In Alimosho - Eyesoflagos.com by eyesoflagostv: 7:08am On Oct 13, 2018
NEWS UPDATE :PDP ASPIRANTS PROTEST IMPOSITION OF CANDIDATES IN ALIMOSHO
source : http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/10/news-update-pdp-aspirants-protest.html

Eyes Of Lagos report that, Some members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Alimosho Local Government, Lagos Mainland, yesterday, Tuesday, October 9, 2018, protested the alleged imposition of House of Representatives and House of Assembly candidates to represent the community by the state executive.
Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, According to the protesters, the acting PDP state Chairman, Dr. Adegbola Dominic led executives picked candidates without holding congress.
Some of the aggrieved aspirants complained that the acting chairman handpicked his cronies and forwarded their names to the national headquarters of the PDP as the elected candidates to represent Alimosho Constituency.
In a petition signed by eight aspirants Abu Ojeikere, Olanrewaju Lateef, Uduomon Ohis, Adedipe Dauda Ewenla, Shina Babatunde and Ijimayowa Abbas – vying for seats in the House of Representatives and House of Assembly, they expressed their anger over the alleged failure of the state executive to hold a congress in the community.
Commenting on the development, one of the aggrieved aspirants, Alhaji Modius Oladega, said: “I paid N650, 000 to purchase form for the House of Assembly under the PDP in Alimosho Constituency II.
“According to the party’s guideline, we are supposed to have a congress so that a person will emerge the winner in a free and fair election. We were waiting for the congress to hold. But, to my surprise, somebody called me that they are the elected aspirants.
“Unfortunately, no congress has taken place; but the acting state Chairman, Dr Dominic, without recourse to the local government PDP chairman, selected some names for reasons best known to him and said they are the elected ones.
“This is not democracy; this is killing democracy. Me and other aspirants are appealing to the National PDP chairman to reject the names sent by Dr Dominic as the elected aspirants from Alimosho LGA. We want a congress to hold in Alimosho Local Government Area as it was done in other councils.”
Another aspirant, Mr Olanrewaju Lateef, an aspirant for the House of Representatives, said he bought a form for N1.7 million and no congress was held.
Efforts to reach the party’s State executives for comments proved futile as at press time.

Re: Pdp Aspirants Protest Imposition Of Candidates In Alimosho - Eyesoflagos.com by Toplexy675(m): 7:11am On Oct 13, 2018
kiss

(1) (Reply)

I Will Work With Other Young Brilliant Presidential Candidates... Atiku / Adeola Austin Oyinlade Wins IBA Human Rights Award -craytv / Twitter Debate On Atiku Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.