Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Making Action Scenes Appear Real In Nollywood..the Next Step !!! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Making Action Scenes Appear Real In Nollywood..the Next Step !!! (825 Views)

Yul Edochie Speaks On “Sex For Roles” In Nollywood / Davido To Appear In ‘Coming To America 2’ / Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Action Scenes Appear Real In Nollywood..the Next Step !!! by domino4211(m): 12:59pm On Oct 13, 2018
What exactly is stopping Nollywood from making movies with action scenes that look real?..I just watched a nigerian movie and saw a scene where a man was beating his wife who was sitting on a sofa.It was obvious that the man was punching the sofa but yet his wife was still screaming.In this modern age,Nollywood still cant make little action scenes like shooting someone,stabbing someone,fighting,slapping someone etc appear real.Even dying after being killed in a nigerian movie is always very funny and unreal.When will we be able to produce a great action movie like '24'?.I personally think the terrorist activities in Nigeria can be used as storylines to make great terrorist movies.Also,the activities of cult and maffia groups can be used as storylines to make great gang movies.How about the spiritual activities of witches and wizards in Nigeria?..these can be used to make great sci fi movies.So,we got the actors,we got the storyline,what else is missing?.We see how Hollywood make their movies,how much will it cost to actually bring some of their movie directors and technicians to school us on how to do this? Permit me to make reference to an american movie titled 'The Legend of 1900'. In this movie,the antagonist had to take a 6months piano tutorial inorder to be able to fake the whole movie in which he played the role of a piano veteran.I want a situation where i can go to a movie store and pick a nigerian movie,watch and enjoy it.Please,whats the next step Nollywood should take in making action scenes real? I need your contributions !!!
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Making Action Scenes Appear Real In Nollywood..the Next Step !!! by domino4211(m): 1:04pm On Oct 13, 2018
cc Prof800 cc UjSizzle
Re: Making Action Scenes Appear Real In Nollywood..the Next Step !!! by ArchangeLucifer: 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2018
You go wait tire.

In the early 2000s they used to say money & lack of local support was hindering creativity.

Now they have money & support in abundance but the quality of their product has reduced drastically.

I support the boycott of all Nollywood movies.

3 Likes

Re: Making Action Scenes Appear Real In Nollywood..the Next Step !!! by domino4211(m): 1:31pm On Oct 13, 2018
ArchangeLucifer:
You go wait tire.

In the early 2000s they used to say money & lack of local support was hindering creativity.

Now they have money & support in abundance but the quality of their product has reduced drastically.

no chills atallgringrin

1 Like

Re: Making Action Scenes Appear Real In Nollywood..the Next Step !!! by mrjaydee(m): 1:37pm On Oct 13, 2018
Watching nollywood movies is like torture or punishment to me. I can't even stand it. Don't think they can ever be great. Its hopeless
Re: Making Action Scenes Appear Real In Nollywood..the Next Step !!! by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 14, 2018
ArchangeLucifer:
You go wait tire.

How many Nigerians visit cinemas to watch nollywood except few?
Re: Making Action Scenes Appear Real In Nollywood..the Next Step !!! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 25, 2018
It is very easy to criticize but when you are into it, you would understand better. Nollywood is growing and improving on daily basis hence give it time for it to change but be ready to pay the price

(1) (Reply)

Captain Marvel 2019 Movie / I Want To Sell My TV As Scrap / Movie Review: 4th Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.