Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

A Second Chance Beckons On Mr Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Second Chance Beckons On Mr Peter Obi (495 Views)

Give Betta Edu A Second Chance — Femi Pedro / DEMOCRACY DAY: Buratai Beckons On United Nations To Declare June 12 World / My Take On Mr. Peter Obi In Frankfurt Last Night -by Baridueh Badon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Second Chance Beckons On Mr Peter Obi by OkwaIfugo(m): 1:47pm On Oct 13, 2018
*As I retreated in my last post on the need for Mr Peter Obi to mend his fences starting from his home state to other South East State a recap is here to keep us abreast on what we are to gain & lose if Mr Peter Obi does the needful or not.*

Flash back to 2015 Presidential Election Mr Peter Obi was Jonathan's Deputy Campaign Director & Also Campaign Director for South East. It was a welcome development then which after the Election Mr Peter Obi knew surely his best wasn't enough. This was very evident especially in his home State because of the seeds his politics of enemity germinated.

*Let me take you down to the figures & statistics of 2015...*

*ANAMBRA STATE:*
Number of Registered Voters: Anambra State – 1,963,173
Votes: APC: 17, 926
PDP: 660, 762
*Remarks: 1,284,449 voters were at home watching African Magic, eating ofer nsala, playing four man post football.*

*ABIA STATE:*
Number of Registered Voters:
Abia State – 1,396,162
Votes: APC: 13, 394
PDP: 368, 303
*Remarks: 1,014,465 voters were at home watching African Magic, eating ofer nsala, playing four man post football.*

*IMO STATE:*
Imo State -1,803,030.
Votes: APC: 133, 253
PDP: 559, 185
*Remarks: 1,110,592 voters were at home watching African Magic, eating ofer nsala, playing four man post football.*

*ENUGU STATE:*
Enugu State – 1,429,221.
Votes: APC: 14, 157
PDP: 553, 003
*Remarks: 862,061 voters were at home watching African Magic, eating ofer nsala, playing four man post football.*

*EBONYI STATE:*
Ebonyi State -1,074,273.
Votes: APC: 19, 518
PDP: 323, 653
*Remarks: 731,102 voters were at home watching African Magic, eating ofer nsala, playing four man post football.*

Going by this Statistics, Anambra had well over 1.9mil Reg Voters in 2015 but total number of votes cast were not more than 695,000. The rest 1.2mil people were at home enjoying ofe nsala. This is the home State of Mr Peter Obi. That was the votes he could deliver for GEJ.

*Honestly we cannot all rejoice and say Mr Peter Obi got it all right in 2015. No, never. I'm not such a person that joins the crowd in ecstasy ignoring my home work. In 2015 I can boldly assert that Mr Peter Obi ignored huge number of his home work and the results was that South East recorded the highest number of voters who never came out to vote rather choose to enjoy ofe nsala & play four man post football than come out to exercise their franchise.*

If a repeat of this happens in 2019 where almost all the State has recorded higher number of registered voters I'm telling you that the current joy in us on VP ticket of Mr Peter Obi will be short lived as Buhari will win the election once again.

*Atiku trust for VP on Mr Peter Obi has giving him another lifeline which if he allows Pride & ignores the obvious such a chance may never come his way in a life time. As Atiku VP he is expected to give PDP a lock down 10001% votes in Anambra State without anyone being voided despite Anambra being an APGA State. If he fails in this expectation especially from his state it will not make up with his political Value where Atiku Abubakar is.*

Away from Anambra State the Ipob factor, Marginalisation of the Igbo's, Buharis lopsided appointments has given Mr Peter Obi a good campaign key points to lock down the votes of Ebonyi, Abia, Imo & Enugu States.

*No stone should remain unturned all perceived political enemies of Mr Peter Obi should be reconciled with in other to Achieve this goal. This is the time for the Igbo's. We shouldn't sacrifice it over a plate of porridge or well stuffed plate of Nsala soup.*

It is our time to go global. We have serious work to do & with God on our side I know we shall come out victorious.

*OkwaIfugo*
Awka, Anambra State

*#IgboBuEnyi*

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Dominique,

Re: A Second Chance Beckons On Mr Peter Obi by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:40am On Oct 25, 2018
Obi is taking the necessary steps. We are happy. We are with him.
Re: A Second Chance Beckons On Mr Peter Obi by NonsoWow: 12:10pm On Oct 25, 2018
OP, you should know who peter obi is by now. Even if Atiku gives him 30 billion naira for mobilization in the southeast, he will pocket 29 billion and call it savings. That is why GEJ performed so poorly.

(1) (Reply)

Mrs. Ikpeazu Visits Pipeline Explosion Victims, Shed Tears... / Atiku Meets The Archbishop Of Canterbury, Justin Welby Shortly After Meeting Buh / Two Tales Of Senators Sen. Shehu Sani And Sen.magnus Abe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.