Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. (5358 Views)

Osinbajo: Why Buhari Appointed Usman Alkali As Nigeria’s New Police Chief / Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Has President Buhari Appointed Kingibe as New Chief Of Staff? (Fact Check) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. by ivandragon: 6:29pm On Oct 13, 2018
basilo101:

Anybody that does not have trusted allies all over the country is not suitable for president

so the appointment of his personal physician, personal security officers, personal assistant must also reflect federal character?

if your point of view is taken in its entirety, it means OBJ, Yar'Adua & GEJ were also guilty of what you accuse PMB of because those positions I mentioned where in 95% of the cases. occupied by thier kinsmen...
Re: See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. by neoclassical: 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2018
ivandragon:

lol...

people with your line of reasoning are often blinded by hate & can't reason beyond that hate.

the first part of my primary submission was simple, there are certain positions which the president cannot be faulted if he prefers his kinsman to hold such position, e.g.

personal physician, PA, CSOs, MD, FMC, Katsina... & even DG, SSS...

the other part of my primary submission comes with a caveat, subject to having access to ALL appointments made, the ones presented here indicate lopsided appointments.

now, let me school you a bit...

there are over 6000 political/semi-adminstrative appointments to be made by a sitting president...for purposes of Federal Character, that means each state is ordinarily entitled to about 162 positions...

let's say only 50% of the 6000 appointments have been made. that equates to about 81 positions to be shared.

the op specifically stated 33 positions (the so called 50 board members cannot be verified. so doesn't count).

so, when you break down appointments by federal character, you can see that the ops analysis does not avail 'sane critics' of the full picture of appointments...

the area of lopsided appointments most sane Nigerians worry about is mainly in the security services, now that is where you can direct your argument towards, but mind you, the Federal Character provision does not state the specific positions that must be reflected...

so, be very mindful of who you talk to anyhow, not everyone is a blind slowpoke like you who criticises for criticism sake.

p.s. you know nothing of the intricacies of the federal character provision. read up then come back & talk with sense.
It is unfortunate you have allowed sentiment to becloud your sense of reasoning. Go through the list again, now with unbiased mindset and tell me how many of the positions have to do with security.

1 Like

Re: See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. by ivandragon: 6:57pm On Oct 13, 2018
neoclassical:
It is unfortunate you have allowed sentiment to becloud your sense of reasoning. Go through the list again, now with unbiased mindset and tell me how many of the positions have to do with security.

look whose talking about sentiments beclouding one's sense of reasoning.

I pointed you in the right direction to do a proper research. the positions I mentioned, research on who occupied those positions under OBJ, Yar'Adua & GEJ before you spew trash.
Re: See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. by omoiyalayi(m): 7:41pm On Oct 13, 2018
Op if you become president no appoint anybody from your state @ all
Re: See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. by neoclassical: 9:44pm On Oct 13, 2018
omoiyalayi:
Op if you become president no appoint anybody from your state @ all

noted Sir.
Re: See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. by Bitterleafsoup: 1:33pm On Oct 14, 2018
ozo13:
chief but the topic was about katsina not about the Easterners/or other part of the country
Infact I dey hungry.let me go and look for what to eat .am not gaining anything from this politicians sef wey I dey help do research for
.Even my bros never secure job for the past 6years.
But jus wondering why some people just hate buhari.some wr even before he won the 2015 election grin
Because he is not the one in control. The kinsmen of Dura are ruling us and our country is falling apart.
Re: See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. by ozo13(m): 2:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
Bitterleafsoup:
Because he is not the one in control. The kinsmen of Dura are ruling us and our country is falling apart.
and kinsmen of adamawa wanna take over.hehehe

1 Like

Re: See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. by Bitterleafsoup: 11:05am On Oct 15, 2018
ozo13:
and kinsmen of adamawa wanna take over.hehehe
grin " This is Nigeria......."
Re: See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. by Amacaco: 11:35am On Oct 15, 2018
ivandragon:
the president cannot be faulted for some of the appointments listed as the sensitivity of such posts leans towards the president appointing people whom he is comfortable with.

that said, subject to a holistic assesment of ALL appointments, it's safe to say PMB's appointments have not only been lopsided, but also populated by a high number of incompetent charlatans

If the President can only relate and trust people from his state, he should contest for the governorship of Katsina state. Any one seeking to be the President of Nigeria should trust and work with Nigerians from all tribes and religions even in most sensitive and lucrative positions.
Re: See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. by Turantula(m): 12:25pm On Oct 15, 2018
ivandragon:

lol...

people with your line of reasoning are often blinded by hate & can't reason beyond that hate.

the first part of my primary submission was simple, there are certain positions which the president cannot be faulted if he prefers his kinsman to hold such position, e.g.

personal physician, PA, CSOs, MD, FMC, Katsina... & even DG, SSS...

the other part of my primary submission comes with a caveat, subject to having access to ALL appointments made, the ones presented here indicate lopsided appointments.

now, let me school you a bit...

there are over 6000 political/semi-adminstrative appointments to be made by a sitting president...for purposes of Federal Character, that means each state is ordinarily entitled to about 162 positions...

let's say only 50% of the 6000 appointments have been made. that equates to about 81 positions to be shared.

the op specifically stated 33 positions (the so called 50 board members cannot be verified. so doesn't count).

so, when you break down appointments by federal character, you can see that the ops analysis does not avail 'sane critics' of the full picture of appointments...

the area of lopsided appointments most sane Nigerians worry about is mainly in the security services, now that is where you can direct your argument towards, but mind you, the Federal Character provision does not state the specific positions that must be reflected...

so, be very mindful of who you talk to anyhow, not everyone is a blind slowpoke like you who criticises for criticism sake.

p.s. you know nothing of the intricacies of the federal character provision. read up then come back & talk with sense.
Zombie O Zombie. Zombie no go walk O or else you tell am to walk Zombie.
Am just singing O, don't come for my head
Re: See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. by ivandragon: 1:48pm On Oct 15, 2018
Turantula:
Zombie O Zombie. Zombie no go walk O or else you tell am to walk Zombie. Am just singing O, don't come for my head

too many daft kids on NL...
Re: See The Number Of People Buhari Appointed From Katsina State In Just 3 Yrs. by ivandragon: 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2018
Amacaco:

If the President can only relate and trust people from his state, he should contest for the governorship of Katsina state. Any one seeking to be the President of Nigeria should trust and work with Nigerians from all tribes and religions even in most sensitive and lucrative positions.

I don't get it... is it that you guys can't read & understand simple statements?

no wonder that as full as some pmb's supporters are, they still make mincemeat of his critics on NL...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo Respond To Ahmed Gume - Complaint Against Igbos. / Nnamdi Kanu, Nigerian Separatist Leader, Resurfaces In Israel. BBC / Omolabe Guys Need To Catch This Guy See Ibadan Video He Released Few Hours Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.