Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,212 members, 7,780,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:26 PM

He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. (3075 Views)

Lady Looking For A Man To Propose To. Nigerians Respond (Photos) / Man Kneels Down To Propose To His Girlfriend In Uyo As Crowd Gather (Pics, Video / Man Abroad Sends Ring To Co-worker To Propose To His Abuja Gf On His Behalf(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by LaBozz(f): 2:52pm On Oct 13, 2018
My friend was about to propose to his girlfriend but now he is left confused as to whether he should go ahead or just forget about it.
The reason for this is because he had been away from town on a business trip. Him and his girlfriend has constantly been in touch while he was away so everything seemed okay. So while he was about returning, he called me and told me about his plan to propose to his girlfriend and I supported him so he said he wanted to surprise her so he wasn't going to tell her he is coming back the next day.

When he arrived I picked him from the airport, and right inside the car he called his girlfriend asked were she was and she said she was at home, bored and so so missing the guy. Just after ending the call we decided to branch our favorite Isi Ewu joint to cool off a little and there was the unbelievable shocker we got.
His girlfriend was there in a table for two with another guy. It was very obvious they had been there for quite a while so that means she answered his call right at that joint and was lying she was bored at home.

As a matured guy that didn't want to cause a scene, we just decided to forget about the isi ewu and we bounced out. She was so shocked that she ran after us but we just entered the car and zoomed off leaving her to continue her date.

She has been calling and sending messages but my guy ain't responding and he just locked up because he is really hurt.

Now he is thinking of forgetting about the whole proposal thing for now and he is not sure yet if after meeting her to hear her stories, anything could change.

Why are some girls this wicked, especially to good guys that decide not to cheat.

4 Likes

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by Shelloween(m): 2:55pm On Oct 13, 2018
If he truely loves the girl, let him confront her and hear her own side of the story. I know it would be hard for him to believe whatever she has to say but, nobody is perfect. We are all sinners. Some of us are just unlucky to be caught.
It's gonna be hard to build that trust again but it ain't impossible.

Here's what he's gonna do:

Meet the girl, hear from her, collect the number of the dude he saw her with, call the guy and ask him who she is to him( after she don answer her own question o)

If they both say the same thing ..... He should forgive, but not forget in a hurry.
If their story differs..... He should consult the Guy up stairs for wisdom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by squash47(m): 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2018
he should call her and ask her why she lied... it may just be the devil

5 Likes

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by ArchangeLucifer: 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2018
LaBozz:
.Now he is thinking of forgetting about the whole proposal thing for now

Oh, he's still thinking... shocked

Good to know.

By the way, are the two plates of Isi-Ewu still there?
I don't mind washing down Naija's match with them o.

3 Likes

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by YOLO1(m): 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2018
Even though the story looks like all these cock and bull story, the solution to the problem is just common sense. You and your friend should have used common sense to know the reality on ground instead of bringing it to nairaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by ArchangeLucifer: 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2018
squash47:
he should call her and ask her why she lied...
it may just be the devil

Mr. Man, did you see me there?!

3 Likes

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by desirewhet(m): 2:59pm On Oct 13, 2018
Beautifully constructed... If i were him... I would go ahead and propose right there.... Please let him proceed oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by squash47(m): 3:01pm On Oct 13, 2018
ArchangeLucifer:

you be mumu

2 Likes

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by squash47(m): 3:01pm On Oct 13, 2018
ArchangeLucifer:

you be mumu

1 Like

ArchangeLucifer:

you be mumu

1 Like

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by daben1(m): 3:11pm On Oct 13, 2018
you were making sense until you said ..."hear her story... "
which story your guy wan hear again? Una catch am, Una catch be that, no story bro

1 Like

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 13, 2018
stories that touch.

they always have the same storyline.
fake bullshît. smh

1 Like

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 13, 2018
daben1:
you were making sense until you said ..."hear her story... "
which story your guy wan hear again? Una catch am, Una catch be that, no story bro

Catch am dey do wetin?

Na you catch her abi you dey work for EFCC?

She might be out with a family friend, brother or cousin.
It pays to know what is going on before you make a decision. Bro, learn to stop jumping into conclusions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 13, 2018
Xaos:

Catch am dey do wetin?

It pays to know what is going on before you make a decision. Bro, learn to stop jumping into conclusions.
although I don't bliv this hogwash story, the bissh lied. and that alone is unforgivable.

1 Like

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:31pm On Oct 13, 2018
Xaos:

Catch am dey do wetin?

.. What do you want to conclude again? She just lied to him that she is at home ,bored and missing him but alas,she is with another guy in a joint. Nobody needs to tell you she is cheating. She wouldn't ve lied if the said guy is a family friend .My brother,the whole matter has been conclusively played out.Which story do you want to hear again?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 13, 2018
Xaos:

Catch am dey do wetin?

Let's get married baby, I love you already. smiley kiss
Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 13, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
.. What do you want to conclude again? She just lied to him that she is at home ,bored and missing him but alas,she is with another guy in a joint. Nobody needs to tell you she is cheating. She wouldn't ve lied if the said guy is a family friend .My brother,the whole matter has been conclusively played out.Which story do you want to hear again?
Okay... She told her boyfriend she MISSES him in the presence of the guy.
She could have lied to avoid unnecessary suspicions, arguments or fights over the phone.We all hide some truths from our partners right?

She met the guy in a public place and not a hotel or something. #rolls eyes

Let's not all be judgmental here, Things may not be what they seem to be. The partners should talk about it, instead of locking up.

1 Like

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 13, 2018
guy run !!!
I will advise you not to give in to any explanation that lady is going to give you. She is obviously cheating on you, what else will make her deny her location if not that she is enjoying her new found date. Use your brain, be logical and kindly ditch the emotional consequence that will affect your decision.
Most ladies fail to understand that men are logical being and they(ladies) tend to act stupidly believing that they could blackmail us emotionally to dance to their tune.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:51pm On Oct 13, 2018
MariaLavina:
She could have lied to avoid unnecessary suspicions, arguments or fights over the phone.We all hide some truths from our partners right?

Let's not all be judgmental here, Things may not be what they seem to be. The partners should talk about it, instead of locking up.
.. You need not be told that when the call from her bf came in,she left the guy she was with to answer the call.She couldn't ve answered the call in his presence. Hotel is not the only place one can cheat.

2 Likes

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by daben1(m): 4:01pm On Oct 13, 2018
Xaos:

Catch am dey do wetin?

why she come lie say she Dey house? bro, no Dey allow woman Dey use your head o

2 Likes

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 13, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
.. You need not be told that when the call from her bf came in,she left the guy she was with to answer the call.She couldn't ve answered the call in his presence. Hotel is not the only place one can cheat.
shocked shocked shocked Were you there? shocked

Holy Ghost! grin
Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 13, 2018
She should have said the truth though. She was bored and went out with a toaster... Ogini bad there.?
Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:14pm On Oct 13, 2018
MariaLavina:
shocked shocked shocked Were you there? shocked

Holy Ghost! grin
.. Hahahahaha. Let's be honest here,you and I know that she was caught cheating. For lying about her location only means she is not to be trusted.As for your question if I was there,I don't need to be there to know what she did.
Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by ednut1(m): 4:19pm On Oct 13, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
She should have said the truth though. She was bored and went out with a toaster... Ogini bad there.?
hahahaha naso. After the isi ewu he takes her back home to knack. Mr op beta run lol
Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by Reinah(f): 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2018
She was wrong for not being honest but she might not be cheating.

What if she lied because she was not sure about how the guy would take the fact that she was going out with another guy? I mean, we hide some things from some people not because they are bad but because these people might take it the wrong way.

I think your friend should just hear her out and not propose yet.. If he is sure she is faithful and can trust her again, fine, but if not, it is okay to let go.

1 Like

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 13, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
.. Hahahahaha. Let's be honest here,you and I know that she was caught cheating. For lying about her location only means she is not to be trusted.As for your question if I was there,I don't need to be there to know what she did.
Lol, Imagine this scenario
You are bored, decided to hang out and your company turns out to be a woman. Then your super jealous/possessive girlfriend calls. what would you have done? Remember your girlfriend is out of town limiting your level of communication. You and I know disagreements over the phone (LDR) are the toughest to solve.

First thing that will come to your mind is to avoid suspicions, you will tell her things she loves to hear, hang up and continue the date. After all it's a harmless one. She doesn't have to know right? grin

Mr Jonny, I'm not trying to defend the lady here but I just need some objectivity from you guys here. Yes! she lied, but that doesn't mean she cheated. The two should talk.

1 Like

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by Fxwarrior: 4:43pm On Oct 13, 2018
Reinah:
She was wrong for not being honest but she might not be cheating.

What if she lied because she was not sure about how the guy would take the fact that she was going out with another guy? I mean, we hide some things from some people not because they are bad but because these people might take it the wrong way.

I think your friend should just hear her out and not propose yet.. If he is sure she is faithful and can trust her again, fine, but if not, it is okay to let go.

Op you don dey see advice from her fellow feminists.
Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by 2kurupt(m): 4:45pm On Oct 13, 2018
It's no secret that the average Nigerian lady likes to hangout with friends when bored but she'll always disclose who she hangs out with. But once she starts being discrete and it turns out to be a guy, then there's definitely some kinda feelings/emotions involved.

MariaLavina:

Let's not all be judgemental here, Things may not be what they seem to be. The partners should talk about it, instead of locking up.

Like seriously? I bet if it's your bro or a relative you wouldn't have said that. Is one supposed to see a red flag only when the other person is caught red handed?

These are telltale signs of a lady that's not ready to settle down just yet, since she still wants to be "surveying" the area & lying about, I'll say the guy should shelf his proposal plans too.
Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by Olalan(m): 4:46pm On Oct 13, 2018
Why ask again on what to do in a clear case of dishonesty and most likely cheating issue
Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by Oreofepeters: 4:54pm On Oct 13, 2018
She shouldn't have lied
Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:54pm On Oct 13, 2018
MariaLavina:
Lol, Imagine this scenario
You are bored, decided to hang out and your company turns out to be a woman. Then your super jealous/possessive girlfriend calls. what would you have done? Remember your girlfriend is out of town limiting your level of communication. You and I know disagreements over the phone (LDR) are the toughest to solve.

First thing that will come to your mind is to avoid suspicions, you will tell her things she loves to hear, hang up and continue the date. After all it's a harmless one. She doesn't have to know right? grin

Mr Jonny, I'm not trying to defend the lady here but I just need some objectivity from you guys here. Yes! she lied, but that doesn't mean she cheated. The two should talk.
.If I'm to be in her shoes,I would have simply told my gf that i went out with a friend,simple. If she had told the guy she is out with a friend which is also a lie,the guy wouldn't have been so paranoid on seeing her there,she can simply cover it up,after all a friend can be either male or female. But for her to say she was at home bored and missing him is a no no for any body. Okey,just imagine your bf told you he travelled and mistakingly you saw him coming out from a joint with another lady,how will you feel? even if the lady is his sister but for the fact he lied will make you to stop trusting him no matter the story he tells you after.

1 Like

Re: He Wanted To Propose, But Now He Is Confused. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 13, 2018
2kurupt:
It's no secret that the average Nigerian lady likes to hangout with friends when bored but she'll always disclose who she hangs out with. But once she starts being discrete and it turns out to be a guy, then there's definitely some kinda feelings/emotions involved.

Like seriously? I bet if it's your bro or a relative you wouldn't have said that. Is one supposed to see a red flag only when the other person is caught red handed?

These are telltale signs of a lady that's not ready to settle down just yet, since she still wants to be "surveying" the area & lying about, I'll say the guy should shelf his proposal plans too.
Really? Are Nigerian men now so secure to allow their partners hang out with opposite sex? huh may be thank God for civilization there is a little difference in their perspectives about this but majority are still archaic. Technically you fall in the latter.grin. Thing is Not all men can take their women hanging out with guys. Reason why some are discreet about it.

You know what? He can't be my bro because my brother though young but mentally mature will do better than to vanish from the scene like some heartbroken cinderalla, lock up and sulk like some toddler denied lollipop. He knows some things aren't what they seem to be. 'What is there may not be, what isn't there may be'. I wonder what manner of men people breed these days!

That said, no body is telling him to put a ring on her finger. No, ain't saying that but then he should hear her out, talk to her and let her know her fate. undecided BTW you wrote caught red handed, Where they kissing, romancing, holding hands or having sex in the isi iwu joint? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Veteran Singer Salawa Abeni Blackmailed Nude Photos Leaked / Man Walks In On His Woman And Another Man Having Sex (VIDEO) / Why Would A Girl Stare At My D.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.