Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. (835 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Submits Nomination And Expression Of Interest Forms / Sanwo-Olu: Tinubu Paid For My Nomination And Expression Of Interest Forms / Aminu Suleiman: Cheque For Bola Tinubu Nomination And Expression Forms Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by chieyine(m): 10:37pm On Oct 13, 2018
Special Assistant to former President Obasanjo on Media and Publicity and Senior Special Assistant to former President Jonathan on public affairs Dr Reuben Abati has advised the South East leaders to sheath their swords and accept Peter Obi as Atiku's running mate.
According to him on his facebook wall, the choice of VP by the presidential candidate is often times followed by some measure of disapproval by interest groups from the zone where the VP nominee comes from.
However the choice is squarely nearly an exclusive prerogative of the Presidential candidate.
Usually because the zone is under contention for the VP slot the zonal leadership of the party ought to have met immediately after the primaries and agree on a shortlist of 3 candidates which would have been submitted to the candidate through the national leadership of the Party.
It is expected that the candidate will pick one of this three. But still the candidate is at liberty to reject the three and bring up his own preferred candidate in further consultation with the party and selected stakeholders in the zone.
In 1999, the party leadership and stakeholders had their own preferences and the zonal leadership were solidly behind abubakar Rimi.
Candidate Obasanjo got a wind of the position of the party because close individuals within the national caucus revealed to him the trend of their thoughts.
That evening in Nicon Hilton Obasanjo rejected the nominees of the party and the zone which was expected to produce the VP. He gave the name of Atiku Abubakar who was from the north east and not even in the preferred ME zone and therefore not favoured.
It was a night of "long knives" but the strength of his mandate, his personal charisma and the love of party and country, the elders conceded to the lone voice of Obasanjo and accepted Atiku as the Vice President.
This is what the elders and leaders from the south east must do immediately and not allow this issue degenerate to any distasteful level which may make the candidate lose focus and be unnecessarily distracted even in this early stages.
The good thing is that the choice is indeed a good one with a high national appeal and acceptability.
The South East leaders and elders must not create any bad blood capable of eroding the already entrenched popularity of the party in that zone.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

Source: https://naijapolitico.com.ng/peter-obis-nomination-and-the-dissention-from-the-south-east-by-doyin-okupe/

2 Likes

Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by uncleinans(m): 10:39pm On Oct 13, 2018
A
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by despi64(m): 10:51pm On Oct 13, 2018
Well sai Abati, but i no respect you anymore sha truth be told
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by atiku4President(m): 11:28pm On Oct 13, 2018
Good write-up. Igbos pls learn
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by ashacot: 11:39pm On Oct 13, 2018
I am Igbo, if PDP will pacify Yorubas with President (Obasanjo)

Pacify south south with presieent (Jonathan)

Why should they want to Pacify Igbos with VP?

Are we only good for crumbs?

Never. We Need the TOP Position not VP position.

I will rather wait for 2023 and get the President position than collect VP position next year and be shut out of political limelight for another 20years after 2027
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 13, 2018
ashacot:

I will rather wait for 2023 and get the President position than collect VP position next year and be shut out of political limelight for another 20years after 2027

Funny guy. grin

Igbos are oblivious of a lot of things and it baffles me.
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 14, 2018
ashacot:

Guy do Ndigbo a favor and STFU!

1 Like

Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by ashacot: 12:15am On Oct 14, 2018
Awol1:

Guy do Ndigbo a favor and STFU!

Day there day deceive yourself. I as an igbo man and a majority, i want the top position not crumbs.

I stand with Baba buhari

1 Like

Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by ashacot: 12:17am On Oct 14, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

Funny guy. grin

Igbos are oblivious of a lot of things and it baffles me.

Resurgent, i know what i am saying. If atiku wins, he will go for 8years with igbo VP.

After that, what do you think will happen to igbos?
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 14, 2018
ashacot:

Resurgent, i know what i am saying. If atiku wins, he will go for 8years with igbo VP.

After that, what do you think will happen to igbos?

Nigeria should be restructured! I don tire for ethnic politics and mutual suspicion.

We are just not a nation and I don't think we can ever be.

1 Like

Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by chairman00100: 12:39am On Oct 14, 2018
the true and trusted and real voice and leaders of the east and biafra is ipob, and not umahi and his likes, forget about the govs, they think they are intelligent but see how they are doing ipob's bidding indirectly.
IPOB want buhari to continue for obvious reasons, from IPOB'S point of view, this umahi and group actions is net net for one nigeria believers
ANYONE who claims to be a leader here and have not asked about the whereabouts of nnamdi kanu is a joker and is not speaking for us, if you are to do an election here now without rigging none of the five govs will win it, and we know why

1 Like

Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by Banmeallday: 12:40am On Oct 14, 2018
Why cant he simply be Ruben abati. This is 2019 and reporters are still writing the same way they were trained to do since 1960
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 14, 2018
ashacot:

Day there day deceive yourself. I as an igbo man and a majority, i want the top position not crumbs.

I stand with Baba buhari

What if by 2023 there's no more Nigeria?

What will you sit top of?

Or are you telling me you'd rather have Nigeria burn to ashes just so you have the top sit?
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by gidgiddy: 12:59am On Oct 14, 2018
A friend of mine who is a PDP member was telling me this evening that the problem they have with Peter Obi is that he has just been a member of PDP for less than 3 years but he has too many privileges over long time members.

Within 3 years of joining PDP, Peter Peter Obi foisted his prefared candidate, Obaze, to be the Governorship candidate of the party in last year's Anambra elections.

As if that was not bad enough, long time members who have kept the party going in the South East for over 10 years were sidelined when it came to to the vice- Presidential ticket for Peter Obi who they still regard as a "new comer"

I understand where they are coming from but I still think that it was Atiku's decision who he picks as his running mate
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by Banmeallday: 1:02am On Oct 14, 2018
Awol1:

What if by 2023 there's no more Nigeria?

What will you sit top of?

Or are you telling me you'd rather have Nigeria burn to ashes just so you have the top sit?

If there is no more Nigeria in 2023 the world does not end. The world will even start to celebrate that some people in Africa finally began to receive sense...

Was there a Nigeria in 1959? Even Buhari and Atiku cannot say they were born in Nigeria because they themselves are older than than the Nigger Area... SO what nationality are they?

Czechoslovakia split, even the mighty Soviet Union, even Yugoslavia, did the people all parish? In fact as you all celebrate beating a non team called Libya, Croatia kicked your nyash in World Cup and see their fine madam president....

I know you are getting emotional now and will say, “Then go live there”, but that will not solve your numerous problems being in the Nigger Area.

My advise to you is to see how to get referendum.....the earlier the better
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by RTSC: 1:04am On Oct 14, 2018
gidgiddy:
A friend of mine who is a PDP member was telling me this evening that the problem they have with Peter Obi is that he has just been a member of PDP for less than 3 years but he has too many privileges over long time members.

Within 3 years of joining PDP, Peter Peter Obi foisted his prefared candidate, Obaze, to be the Governorship candidate of the party in last year's Anambra elections.

As if that was not bad enough, long time members who have kept the party going in the South East for over 10 years were sidelined when it came to to the vice- Presidential ticket for Peter Obi who they still regard as a "new comer"

I understand where they are coming from but I still think that it was Atiku's decision who he picks as his running mate
They should shut up. I too know people.

Who was osibanjo when byhari picked him as vice president. ?

And obi has more pedigree and track record than osibanjo currently has even as VP.

2 Likes

Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by AngryNijerian: 1:06am On Oct 14, 2018
ashacot:

Since when do Oshogbo people start claiming to be Igbo
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by Nobody: 1:19am On Oct 14, 2018
Banmeallday:

If there is no more Nigeria in 2023 the world does not end. The world will even start to celebrate that some people in Africa finally began to receive sense...

Was there a Nigeria in 1959? Even Buhari and Atiku cannot say they were born in Nigeria because they themselves are older than than the Nigger Area... SO what nationality are they?

Czechoslovakia split, even the mighty Soviet Union, even Yugoslavia, did the people all parish? In fact as you all celebrate beating a non team called Libya, Croatia kicked your nyash in World Cup and see their fine madam president....

I know you are getting emotional now and will say, “Then go live there”, but that will not solve your numerous problems being in the Nigger Area.

My advise to you is to see how to get referendum.....the earlier the better

Plenty talk.... nothing said.
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 14, 2018
gidgiddy:

They do have a point.

But even the Bible said it that the first will be last while the last will be first.

Which of them who has been in PDP since inception has the kind of pedigree Obi possesses?

Which of them has the national acceptability Obi has?

Let's not sacrifice our good thing on the alter of ego.
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by profeazy: 1:25am On Oct 14, 2018
May Chukwu okike Abiama fire with lightning anyone that wants to remove Obi as VP! May their tongues wither in thwir moiths and may madness overtake them! Stupid people! Obi is our choice for 2019!
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by Banmeallday: 1:25am On Oct 14, 2018
Awol1:

Thank you for reading it shaaaa
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by Banmeallday: 1:27am On Oct 14, 2018
profeazy:
May Chukwu okike Abiama fire with lightning anyone that wants to remove Obi as VP! May their tongues wither in thwir moiths and may madness overtake them! Stupid people! Obi is our choice for 2019!

You have been following IPOB abi....Nice try but Okike will strike you for talking about stupid election.

No to stupid Obi, no to stupid Atiku, no to stupid Buhari, and no to stupid YOU!!!
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by Nobody: 1:30am On Oct 14, 2018
Banmeallday:

Thank you for reading it shaaaa

Too meek for my liking.
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by Banmeallday: 1:36am On Oct 14, 2018
Awol1:

Too meek for my liking.

Yes but you are free to quote me with your padi tonight

Oya go and sleep
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by profeazy: 2:00am On Oct 14, 2018
Awol1:

That guy is a product of contaminated ogogoro addiction. Ignore him!
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by Doerstech(m): 5:15am On Oct 14, 2018
ashacot:

What's this one saying?....abeg all of you should pack welll
Re: PETER Obi's Nomination And The Dissension From The South East. by AleAirHub(m): 5:27am On Oct 14, 2018
What we need in Nigeria is restructuring not ethnic / tribal politics.

I will cast my vote to anyone that will sincerely impact such development as a Niger Delta / South South man.

(1) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Blast Buhari / Elections Cost Under Pdp Vs Cost Under Apc / TEARS!! Many Killed At Police Checkpoint After THIS Happened(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.