Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP (19985 Views)

Tinubu Ahead In Southwest, Northwest, Northcentral; Obi Southeast / Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate / 2019: We Want More Than SGF, South-west PDP Tells Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by Tflex01: 5:50am On Oct 14, 2018
Lol....
Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by concacid: 5:52am On Oct 14, 2018
Sai baba!

1 Like

Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by emexc11(m): 5:53am On Oct 14, 2018
Who know man na him dey kill am
afroniger:
http://sunnewsonline.com/why-seast-govs-leaders-moved-against-obi-as-atikus-vice/

Exclusive: Why S’East govs, leaders moved against Obi as Atiku’s vice

Facts have emerged why the PDP governors and leaders in the Southeast are kicking against the choice of former governor of Anambra State governor, Mr Peter Obi as the party’s vice presidential candidate. The Atiku action has torn the South East chapter of the party apart.

According to an impeccable party source who pleaded anonymity, the governors and some of the leaders of the party in the zone have accused Atiku of reneging on his earlier promise and vowed to work against his candidacy.

The PDP chieftain told Sunday Sun that Atiku had earlier promised to use the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Prof. Charles Soludo as his running mate.

The chieftain who is also a Senatorial candidate in Anambra State said that the Southeast governors and some PDP leaders from the zone were working on endorsing President Muhammadu Buhari, since according to him, Atiku has shown that they do not matter in his political calculations.

“There will be peace if Soludo is made the running mate because that was what we agreed,” he said.

Asked if they still would have protested if former Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was chosen by Atiku he said: “There is no problem with her, but Soludo is better. You know the woman is difficult, when you go to her for anything she will accuse you of wanting to be given the resources of the country.

“There was a meeting in Enugu over this. Three governors came – Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi. Ebonyi Governor (Dave Umahi) is the Chairman of South East Governors’ Forum, he is angry over what happened.”

Governor Umahi had last Friday issued a statement dissociates himself from a release by his Chief Press Secretary, where the choice of Obi was hailed.

He said that the governors and leaders of the zone were not consulted before Atiku settled for Obi.

He explained that yesterday’s meeting by the governors and leaders of the party was to agree that Obi and his people would not have their way.

He disclosed that he had met with Atiku and his wife and told them that Obi’s choice cannot sell in Igbo land.

His words: “I met with Atiku’s wife on this, she said that I am a businessman, that the business environment will be made good, that Atiku will make things good. That is no promise.”

On where Governor Willie Obiano stood on the matter, he said: “How are you asking this type of question? Obiano totally rejects Obi. Obi has lost four governors from Southeast. APC already has Imo, so the entire five Southeast states are in the hands of APC. The zone is for Buhari.

Asked if Governor Umahi was serious on his threats, he said, “very serious. He is ready to work for Buhari.”

Narrating how they came about Soludo, the PDP henchman claimed that he and some leaders of the party held a meeting three months ago where Atiku promised him to pick his vice presidential candidate from the Southeast.

“He told us that the person he had in mind was Soludo and Anambra governor also supported it.

“I was instrumental to him winning the nomination. We started this spin doctor job months ago. Atiku met with me several times alongside Gbenga Daniel. He came to my house many times.

“After he was nominated, he went back on his promise, he changed completely and now brought Peter Obi instead of Soludo that we agreed upon. This is why all the Southeast governors and PDP leaders are kicking. Everybody is mad at Atiku for that singular decision.

“I heard Atiku said he did not consult us because PDP governors from Southeast voted for Tambuwal, that they did not vote for him.

“He said that Wike agreed that Peter Obi should be his running mate. But in doing that, he jettisoned the promised he made to us that we will choose the person that will take the slot.

“Like I said there is fire at the moment. Governors of Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Abia are angry. Governor of Enugu said he has discussed with a former governor in the Southeast that he will vote according to his conscience. He said that everybody deserves a second term, that Buhari deserves second term. He said that he as governor of Enugu needs second term, so he will not stop the president from enjoying second term. He said he will support the president if he seeks second term.”

Apart from other reasons they adduced for opposing the choice of former Anambra governor, he contended that “Peter Obi is not a liberal politician, he is a conservative. His candidacy will not sell. Many of us who know him very well know that he is unreliable, tricky and selfish. He says one thing and does another. There is a problem in the PDP house and if it is not handled well it will jeopardize Atiku’s ambition.

“I will soon come out to say all that I am telling you publicly. I feel cheated by Atiku. I have complained to friends. Atiku’s wife has begged me, but I refused to accept her pleas.

“I have resolved to work for Buhari and I know that several other people are doing same.”

Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by technicallyrich(m): 5:59am On Oct 14, 2018
Oyorubas ona well doneooo.
So because,they didnt give you people the vp,you decided to use propaganda.
But sensible people like me,want a video,showing any of the governors angry or talking against the vp given to se.
Atiku made a good choice in peter obi,automatically he has the ss and se.
Bmc,pls tell jubril that other world power are against him and that rigging will not work.buharil is dead and a stranger will not continue ruling us.
Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 14, 2018
If Atiku dares pick another SE candidate apart from Obi or NOI, he should just forget the SE vote..

SE politics deals with individuals and not leaders.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by seguno2: 6:07am On Oct 14, 2018
post=72067010:
We were shocked because we were not consulted. 

Na dem know.
Trouble in their camp from day one.

Anyways....... We sane ones stand with Sai Baba till 2023 and beyond!

Meanwhile for our AtikuLOOTED brethren............

Who is the APC governorship candidate for Zamfara State
Don’t worry too much about the AtikuLated movement because you may get electrocuted in the process. Overworry dey kee person. grin
Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 6:07am On Oct 14, 2018
Esseite:
If Atiku dares pick another SE candidate apart from Obi or NOI, he should just forget the SE vote..

SE politics deals with individuals and not leaders.

Seriously if this is true they are all fools. They want to field a VP they can easily influence.
Well I'm not worried an inch because Govs don't influence people's choice in Igboland. A good case in point is Buhari losing in IMO despite Rocha's popularity as at 2015

1 Like

Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by MrAJQ(m): 6:09am On Oct 14, 2018
Meanwhile some southeast and south south governors are going to strike a deal with PMB and APC to assist them retain their seat and defeat there APC opponent while they deliver Their States to PMB, at the end the Nairalanders will start shouting rigging, rigging.

1 Like

Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by FemiMaduka(m): 6:23am On Oct 14, 2018
Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by Deemas(m): 6:27am On Oct 14, 2018
post=72067010:

Na dem know.

I am a northerner. Hear me loud and clear - I and my family are Atikulated 100%.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:28am On Oct 14, 2018
You are welcome Mr Northerner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by HONVick50(m): 6:30am On Oct 14, 2018
Useless Igbo Leaders .....They Always The Cause Of Their problems....they are they problem we have in Our Region....No wonder Nnamdi KANU Called Them ..." Ohaneze Ndi Ama na Ndi Oshi " ....Stupid People....

1 Like

Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by juniorstar(m): 6:30am On Oct 14, 2018
Shit hole country...instead of looking for the best person for the job.. be there looking for a person 4 people impose on the nation based on selfish interest. I swear Nigeria cant be great if we continue this way
Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by otherway: 6:41am On Oct 14, 2018
Gizer:
What is this people’s problem again. Dey said pick some1 from the east, now he did and dey are saying sometin else. Not that he picked a useless person o. You guyz shud go and sit down jor...

That is igbo people for you. We are always ready to pull our own down, we lack unity and even if you give us Biafra, we will end up killing ourselves over leadership.

Confused set of people we are.Any igbo that quotes me wrongly will be visited with leprosy.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by Eponyeeboz: 6:45am On Oct 14, 2018
Look at how Igbos are just making a fool of themselves.

By 2019 when Atiku loses, there would be serious political fight in Igboland cos these politicians would be blaming each other.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by maasoap(m): 6:57am On Oct 14, 2018
krendo:
The vp selection is the sole choice of the Presidential candidate

Who is telling you this lie? You don't do that if you are in need of massive support.
Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by RockHard: 6:59am On Oct 14, 2018
See serious confusion in Buhari's enemies camp. Buhari jazz strong pass Atiku's marabouts own o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by IbrahimDamola: 7:03am On Oct 14, 2018
afroniger:
If this is true then it means these guys will ensure that Atiku will not have an impressive outing in the SouthEast. Atiku better take this impasse very serious and give it the urgent attention it deserves before it fatally damages his chances. If he loses their support and consequently fails to do well in the SE then he should consider his ambition dead-on-arrival.
The East is very republican and have a mind of their own and they have choosen Obi, the socalled 'leaders' like Umahi are just fooling themselves. Who knew Umahi before 2015?
He is just an APC mole and a buharist and thoughts do not really change anything.

Umahi should simply decamp and join his real party APC, and stop making Igbos look stupid in order to please buhari. Igbos will reclaim the state from him.

Atiku/Obi is already a done deal.
Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by maasoap(m): 7:03am On Oct 14, 2018
emexc11:
The people that are saying that they are surprised were expecting the selection to be from among there group and atiku dribbled them because he knows what he wants. WE ARE HAPPY WITH ATIKU.

Use and dumb, right? Why did he agree with them on their choice of Soludo? Just as Obj described him. I'm loving it though, confusion in the camp of enemies
Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by IbrahimDamola: 7:04am On Oct 14, 2018
otherway:

That is igbo people for you. We are always ready to pull our own down, we lack unity and even if you give us Biafra, we will end up killing ourselves over leadership.

Confused set of people we are.Any igbo that quotes me wrongly will be visited with leprosy.

My dear yoruba brother, we yorubas muslims hate our yoruba christians.
Even our ooni is always fighting Alaafin.

We yorubas are never united..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by Masterclass32: 7:06am On Oct 14, 2018
despi64:
Idiots

Complete idiots. Ghastly old men waiting for consultation.
Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by maasoap(m): 7:06am On Oct 14, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

The East is very republican and have a mind of their own and they have choosen Obi, the socalled 'leaders' like Umahi are just fooling themselves. Who knew Umahi before 2015?
He is just an APC mole and a buharist and thoughts do not really change anything.

Umahi should simply decamp and join his real party APC,
and stop making Igbos look stupid in order to please buhari. Igbos will reclaim the state from him.

Atiku/Obi is already a done deal.

Seems like you guys in PDP already have more than enough voters. We need him and his people to support, campaign and vote for apc/Buhari.
Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by ariesbull: 7:07am On Oct 14, 2018
otherway:

And you are right
Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by maasoap(m): 7:11am On Oct 14, 2018
technicallyrich:
yorubas ona well doneooo.
So because,they didnt give you people the vp,you decided to use propaganda.
But sensible people like me,want a video,showing any of the governors angry or talking against the vp given to SE.

Atiku made a good choice in peter obi,automatically he has the ss and se.
Bmc,pls tell jubril that other world power are against him and that rigging will not work.buharil is dead and a stranger will not continue ruling us.

Always blaming others for their irresponsible decision and action except themselves. Has any of your governors debunked the news?

2 Likes

Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by IbrahimDamola: 7:11am On Oct 14, 2018
maasoap:

Seems like you guy in PDP already have more than enough voters. We need him and his people to support, campaign and vote for apc/Buhari.

Umahi can't really influence anything in republican Igboland who have a mind of their own and will vote pdp. It is not like yorubaland where thiefnuubu the jagabandit will order we yorubas to vote a cow and we will rush to the polls.

Umahi is looking a fellow looter to take Obi's position but he is seeing the backlash and softpedalling so he doesn't become Igbo enemy no 1. We are ground.

Atiku/SE ti wole.
Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by Excallibur(m): 7:11am On Oct 14, 2018
post=72067010:

Na dem know.

Now you got it ATIKULATE ...NIGER STATE chapter reporting

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by hamzeiy: 7:13am On Oct 14, 2018
typical of Igbos.
Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by ceejay80s(m): 7:18am On Oct 14, 2018
make una continue to dey recycle old these old criminals as ur president, una go see the result, when atiku was vice, what did he do to make Nigeria better, let's keep recycling
Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by maasoap(m): 7:37am On Oct 14, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Umahi can't really influence anything in republican Igboland

Give him to us in apc, we need him and his votes. People like you don't know anything about election and votes, you're used to mass thumbprintings.

who have a mind of their own and will vote pdp.

Mind of your own indeed. But always voting for any clown flying the flag of PDP. Atiku is a Fulani and Northerner you have always accused of being parasites, killers and backward people, remember.

It is not like yorubaland where thiefnuubu the jagabandit will order we yorubas to vote a cow and we will rush to the polls.
Umahi is looking a fellow looter to take Obi's position but he is seeing the backlash and softpedalling so he doesn't become Igbo enemy no 1. We are ground.
Atiku/SE ti wole.

But when we look at the voting pattern in Yoruba land and Igbo land, the pattern shows that you always vote like mumu. 95% of your votes had always been for PDP. But in Yoruba land, always being split between PDP and APC and other parties.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP by EmmyDJourno: 7:41am On Oct 14, 2018
Look at people suffering from Iberibeism, should he consult you for a running mate

Well PDP was useless in power and useless as an Opposition, so let them continue their nonsense unhindered lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Remove Your Cassocks, Join Politics, Garba Shehu Replies Kukah / Buhari Listed As A Famous Dictator On Same Site That Listed Him As Alumni / 2023: Osinbajo Visits Bauchi To Woo Delegates, Visits Tafawa Balewa’s Tomb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.