Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Fake Peter Obi Takes A Swipe At Buhari On Twitter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fake Peter Obi Takes A Swipe At Buhari On Twitter (400 Views)

Magaret Obi Takes LP Campaign To Her Hometown In Akwa Ibom (Pictures) / Peter Obi Takes His Campaign To Ladipo Market In Lagos State (Pics) / David Hundeyin Takes A Swipe At Tinubu Over Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Peter Obi Takes A Swipe At Buhari On Twitter by Welrez(m): 3:22am On Oct 14, 2018
An impostor posing as the former governor of Anambra State Peter Obi has taken a swipe at President Muhammadu Buhari shortly after his Twitter account was created. The person behind the handle @Peter__Obi was quick to point that social media was not “his thing” in order to sound genuine. “I have decided to join twitter […]

The screen grab shows the tweets sent by a handle operated by someone claiming to be Peter Obi.

The screen grab shows the account Atiku Presidential Campaign Organisation confirmed to be that of former Anambra State governor Peter Obi.

An impostor posing as the former governor of Anambra State Peter Obi has taken a swipe at President Muhammadu Buhari shortly after his Twitter account was created.

The person behind the handle @Peter__Obi was quick to point that social media was not “his thing” in order to sound genuine.

“I have decided to join twitter since it expands the possibilities of engagement. I hope to receive a warm welcome. Together we will #Atikulate and get Nigeria working again,” the impostor tweeted.

“Social media is not really my thing, but I will try my best to keep up with you all. For now, let’s continue to #Atikulate. Thank you all for the reception!” he added.

But a source on Atiku campaign team said the handle was not that of Atiku Abubakar’s running mate. The source gave Obi’s handle as @PeterGregoryObi.

A check by The Guardian showed that the account given by the source was created sometime in October has not tweeted at all. The impostor handle was also created in October, most likely after Obi was named as Atiku Abubakar’s running mate.

“You know how social media influencers operate…they just jump on the momentum,” the source said, adding that “the social media team will be directed accordingly.”

The impostor said in one of his tweets that an Atiku Abubakar presidency will not be a “lifeless” one.

United States president Donald Trump reportedly called Buhari “lifeless” shortly after a meeting between the two leaders on April 30, Financial Times said in a report published in August.

Buhari, the first sub-Saharan Africa president to meet Trump since he was sworn in January 2017 as the 45th American president, was in the US for bilateral talks on Trump’s invitation.

That meeting ended with Trump saying he never wanted to meet someone as lifeless as Buhari again, Financial Times reported citing three persons familiar with the matter.

http://guardian.ng/news/fake-peter-obi-takes-a-swipe-at-buhari-on-twitter/?F
Re: Fake Peter Obi Takes A Swipe At Buhari On Twitter by hucienda: 3:34am On Oct 14, 2018
Appears the handle is that of an imposter.
Re: Fake Peter Obi Takes A Swipe At Buhari On Twitter by Nobody: 3:41am On Oct 14, 2018
Imp-poster.
Re: Fake Peter Obi Takes A Swipe At Buhari On Twitter by iamdrfresh: 6:43am On Oct 14, 2018
I believe it'd be better to add screenshots

(1) (Reply)

Buhari V. Atiku, Not Osibanjo V. Obi / EXCLUSIVE: Wike Hit By ‘certificate Forgery’ Scandal Ahead Of 2019 Governorship. / Testimony Of President Buhari's Social Investment Programme(sip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.