Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate (47061 Views)

In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp / Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders / PDP Govs, Leaders Work For Buhari’s Re-Election [New Telegraph EXCLUSIVE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by WhyMoD: 9:19am On Oct 14, 2018
Maket:

OBI = BUHARI=CONSERVATIVE.
u mean. This Bubu?

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Aryin87(m): 9:19am On Oct 14, 2018
lexy2014:
guy 4get deal. Igbo leaders are naturally selfish. Was it atikus deal that was making work 4 each others downfall in d senate in 1999/2000? Was it atikus deal that made them not 2 support ngige when it was obvious he had a shot at d senate presidency? Just 4get them. Its cos of drama like they are avoided in politics. Even if soludo was chosen, u will still someone come out 2 say he wasn't consulted. Everybody wants 2b king maker
i feel you bro, i just no wan talk make e no be like one tribe is throwing tantrum at another tribe ni. I no know why our igbo people no dey gree for themselves. dem go dey do like say they love themselves but when it comes to choosing a leader, they become divided.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by EternalTruths: 9:20am On Oct 14, 2018
adaphic:
"The gang-up against Peter Obi by Umahi, Chris Uba, Ike Ekweremadu and some other Igbo politicians afraid of the towering influence of Peter Obi in the Atiku camp, has woefully failed.

Atiku reportedly told a stakeholders meeting this afternoon in Abuja that 'Sink or Swim, I will not change my choice of Peter Obi as my Vice President. This man stood by me all these months before any of you raising objections even came on board. I don't play with loyalty and honesty. Not only for his loyalty, he has the prefect qualities needed to run my government as my second-in-command. And he is popular; the masses love him. He's an acceptable choice across ethnic groups in the country. I have made my choice and we should work towards the victory of our ticket and our party'.

There was nothing those in opposition could say after that. Peter Obi's name has been forwarded to the INEC list by the PDP.

#Atikulated"

Don't mind those riffraff called SE Governors.

2019, we will show them who owns the East.

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Basher8583: 9:22am On Oct 14, 2018
mrhowoto:

Good. The kind of mobilisation we will carry out for this combo will be unprecedented in the history of igboland. I feel sorry for the other parties in the east. They won't even smell five per cent. Those shameless governors want to reap where they did not sow. After voting for tambawal, they want to dictate to atiku whom to select as his running mate. Bunch of jokers.
Ranting on social media will not help you.
You can't have a certain win is a disorganised region. You have to be united before such win can be certain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by julietm123: 9:23am On Oct 14, 2018
Anambralstson:

Anambra will give Peter Obi 99.5% of their votes, we will vote massively for him whether our Gov Obiano agree or not we love Gov Obiano and respect him but we will not joke with Peter Obi he knows that, go to APGA page, on streets of Anambra, Obi is in every lips, what he did in Anambra is still fresh in our minds, we will come out in mass and show him love on election day, Igbos in the east and across the nation will massively vote for Peter Obi, Obi will be topic today in church across east he is loved and cherished by clergies, in Anambra whether PDP or APGA Obi is our candidate.
Obiano is an ungrateful bastard.He will surely regret this.

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Basher8583: 9:23am On Oct 14, 2018
EternalTruths:

Don't mind those riffraff called SE Governors.

2019, we will show them who owns the East.
The South east you are banking on is already shaking.

Wow! You guys are such poor losers

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by mrhowoto: 9:25am On Oct 14, 2018
[s]
Basher8583:

Ranting on social media will not help you.
You can't have a certain win is a disorganised region. You have to be united before such win can be certain.
[/s]
You are not from the east and as a result, i understand the reasons for this novice post.

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by EternalTruths: 9:25am On Oct 14, 2018
mrhowoto:

Good. The kind of mobilisation we will carry out for this combo will be unprecedented in the history of igboland. I feel sorry for the other parties in the east. They won't even smell five per cent. Those shameless governors want to reap where they did not sow. After voting for tambawal, they want to dictate to atiku whom to select as his running mate. Bunch of jokers.

They voted for Tambuwal and yet want Atiku to pick their choice.

They are drunk.

Thank God we Igbos don't worship godfathers.

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by julietm123: 9:26am On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
I guess you are more Igbo than Governor Umahi that said this earlier.
Imagine when the political machinery in the entire SE should be used against Atiku/Obi candidacy starting with Anambra, Obi's home state.
How will they use it?They will put guns to our heads to vote the lifeless?
Like i said,leave this matter for igbos abeg.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Freemasonry: 9:26am On Oct 14, 2018
From what I can deduce from the gathering of the wizards of Eastwick above:

Soludo has a proclivity for corruption.
Okonjo Iweala is incorruptible.
Peter obi is not a ball player.
Esele Uba is a criminal with delusions of power
Dave & Austin umahi are vain megalomaniacs
Ugwuanyi is a follow-follow
Ekweremmadu is confused
Obaze is a pragmatic politician and a forward thinker.
The rest are of no consequence.

The funny thing is that these fools imagine themselves to be more important than they really are. They forget that they have only one vote, as do all of us, and in this case they won't do more than a dead rat.

Nigerians and southeasterners will vote who they want whether or not they like it. And if they're not careful; they'll go into oblivion with this their misguided agenda.

I think I speak for millions of Nigerians when I say that we will vote for Atiku/Obi in 2019.

Nigeria will work again insh Allah.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by EternalTruths: 9:27am On Oct 14, 2018
Basher8583:

The South east you are banking on is already shaking.

Wow! You guys are such poor losers

In The East, We Do Not Worship Our Governors.

This Comment By Our Governors Will Make Us More Resolute In Standing Up For Peter Obi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by lexy2014: 9:27am On Oct 14, 2018
Aryin87:
i feel you bro, i just no wan talk make e no be like one tribe is throwing tantrum at another tribe ni. I no know why our igbo people no dey gree for themselves. dem go dey do like say they love themselves but when it comes to choosing a leader, they become divided.
I tell u. C all d Hausa guys that lost against atiku. immediately result was announced, everybody arrange themselve de support atiku. If it was Igbo, by next year they will still b quarreling. They are too proud&petty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by EternalTruths: 9:30am On Oct 14, 2018
Freemasonry:
From what I can deduce from the gathering of the wizards of Eastwick above:

Soludo has a proclivity for corruption.
Okonjo Iweala is incorruptible.
Peter obi is not a ball player.
Esele Uba is a criminal with delusions of power
Dave & Austin umahi are vain megalomaniacs
Ugwuanyi is a follow-follow
Ekweremmadu is confused
Obaze is a pragmatic politician and a forward thinker.
The rest are of no consequence.

The funny thing is that these fools imagine themselves to be more important than they really are. They forget that they have only one vote, as do all of us, and in this case they won't do more than a dead rat.

Nigerians and southeasterners will vote who they want whether or not they like it. And if they're not careful; they'll go into oblivion with this their misguided agenda.

I think I speak for millions of Nigerians when I say that we will vote for Atiku/Obi in 2019.

Nigeria will work again insh Allah.

They forgot that Igbos don't worship godfathers like other regions.

In 2019, they will be surprised how a lot of us will rally round Atiku.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by julietm123: 9:33am On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
This is politics, forget the emotions for once.
Ngige is in Apc eith you.Go and adk him to testify about Anambra.He has a full package.
We stand where we stand and that is with Obi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by luizpippo(m): 9:37am On Oct 14, 2018
Addme:
Things are gradually getting clearer.
Peter Obi is Conservative......
Iweala will not yield to the sharing of the commonwealth but Soludo is approachable and will be a good candidate to play balls with.
Tell me why Thunder will not scatter the lineage of any leader that want to scatter this heaven made combo....

God bless you

May God punish all those Governors that do not have more than a vote and are saying rubbish

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by julietm123: 9:38am On Oct 14, 2018
Ategberoson:
peter obi that don't have a political relationship out of his state is the right choice of Atiku that needs to do thorough marketing of himself to convince Nigeria that he has change from his past manipulative life

having said that Atiku/soludo can still pull a weight, why? because he was well known all over Nigeria. even layman knew he was Fmr CBN governor and his performance then made him popular even though that won't still make Atiku win but he will pull political wave in the election
than peter obi combo

but for obi that's not well known, aside from awards that has no meaning to majority of people that will vote in North is here displaying on social media

Atiku was expected to carry people along, consult all other PDP stakeholders in all political zones. on the normal day, stakeholders suggested VP for all political parties presidential aspirant even in the past regime of PDP it was like that

people like wike was sidelined posterior to the election, do you see wike making any speech after congratulating Atiku? many grievances is happening in PDP and some people are chanting atikulating grin

election is 4 months and supremacy tussle is happening in the opposition party that want to wrestle power from a powerful incumbency that's controlling more than 20 States out of 36 states grin
Atiku should go and gather the northern votrs.leave the Se for us.we will decide and we choose Obi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by julietm123: 9:40am On Oct 14, 2018
Anambralstson:

Don't mind that guy, he claimed he is from Anambra, I have realized he is not, Obi will have our full support whether PDP or APGA, we will come out in mass and vote for him, as full APGA members we will support Peter Obi.
He isnt even igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by luizpippo(m): 9:41am On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
I've said this earlier that PDP made a big mistake giving Atiku the ticket, a man who still has many skeletons in his cupboard and bringing up Peter Obi as his vice, knowing fully well that he and Obiano are not in talking terms and don't see eyeball to eyeball. Obiano will do everything possible to frustrate Peter Obi and PDP in Anambra.
Peter Obi couldn't win his local government for PDP in the last guber election in Anambra and the party coming a distant third behind APGA and APC says so much about Peter's political influence in the state.
For those who don't know, Anambra people were angered when Peter left APGA for PDP and can't trust him anymore.

I thought Obi and Obiano are now in different parties so why must they be in talking terms.

Without Obi, there wont have been a Willie.... Remember that

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by julietm123: 9:42am On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
You from Bornu, what do you know aside using your moniker to deceive people that you are from Anambra state.
You are not from Anambra, you don't reside in Anambra and you don't even have a PVC but here running your mouth.
I guess Obiano who had called Peter Obi out on several occasions is from Sokoto and Umahi is from Plateau state too.
You are not igbo...

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by julietm123: 9:43am On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
The news is not from the punch, tribune, nation etc you usually refer to as the Lagos/Ibadan news crew.
Orji Uzor Kalu owns it and I believe he's an Afonja or maybe Aboki.
He is apc.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by hateme777: 9:50am On Oct 14, 2018
The beginning of the end has come for PDP in the south east..... The governors are against Atiku because he used $5000 dollars to buy his mandate. They know its bribery not god that gave him that mandate as such they are ready to trow some dollars to have c.soludo as Atiku's VP . Igbos pigs are needed now .......

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by julietm123: 9:58am On Oct 14, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Which votes, do we vote in South East(except in Anambra State election that holds separately)

Elections are always written and allocated! The Governors know this. Any Government At the centre will always rig the election, not even talking of Governors agreeing with the APC politicians in the South East.

Are you sure you are on ground?

Has Ndigbo voted against any Party in power in any Presidential election since 1979?

2019 will teach a political lesson. Keep Atikulooting with your ipob colleagues.. grin

Keep quiet.you know nothing.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by luizpippo(m): 9:59am On Oct 14, 2018
Kei144:
Soludo is actually better than Peter Obi. Peter Obi did well as governor of Anambra State at a time when Nigeria's economy was very buoyant. In a situation where the economy is not so buoyant, Soludo' first class brain will be more reliable.

Is it the same Soludo that Sanusi Lamido Sanusi accused of allowing the banking crisis to hit us hard?
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by seunfly: 10:02am On Oct 14, 2018
jaymichael:
You are right about Obi, a very prudent administrator. about Fashola and debt, Lagos with it's cosmopolitan nature and higher population, the need for infrastructures like road maintenance and construction, health care, education etc is many times higher and puts a very big strain on scarce resources. Peter Obi can achieve much because Nigerian Governors are "emperors" they have the state house of assembly in their pockets. In the Federal level, it is a different ball game entirely. The President can't even REDUCE his own salary as every penny he spends and receives must be appropriated. Many of his actions must be RATIFIED by Parliament. He cannot RESTRUCTURE the country for his convenient administration, that is a constitutional issue, he lacks the power. He cannot sanction or sack even a civil servant, that rests with the Civil Service Commission. It is as if the country is structured to be at the mercy of people who are determined to see it plundered to the bones. If the President's powers are this limited, what can even the VP do? I don't see Peter Obi replicating his achievements when he was a Governor as Vice President.

You are very right about this country. Although those constitution procedure was put in place to checkmate the excesses of the president, I sees it as necessary evil.
However I still feel president can still get things done even with his limited power but certainly they can't operate like state governor.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by escodotman: 10:12am On Oct 14, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Which votes, do we vote in South East(except in Anambra State election that holds separately)

Elections are always written and allocated! The Governors know this. Any Government At the centre will always rig the election, not even talking of Governors agreeing with the APC politicians in the South East.

Are you sure you are on ground?

Has Ndigbo voted against any Party in power in any Presidential election since 1979?

2019 will teach a political lesson. Keep Atikulooting with your ipob colleagues.. grin

What you should rather ask is; has indigbo voted any other party in a presidential election apart from the PDP? Is it now they would vote Buhari with his 97/5%? Or with the treatment given to Nnamdi Kanu, or with operation python dance? Perhaps they would now change their mind when Buhari has been lopsided against them in his appointment?

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Ategberoson(m): 10:20am On Oct 14, 2018
julietm123:
Atiku should go and gather the northern votrs.leave the Se for us.we will decide and we choose Obi.

grin grin
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
I've said this earlier that PDP made a big mistake giving Atiku the ticket, a man who still has many skeletons in his cupboard and bringing up Peter Obi as his vice, knowing fully well that he and Obiano are not in talking terms and don't see eyeball to eyeball. Obiano will do everything possible to frustrate Peter Obi and PDP in Anambra.
Peter Obi couldn't win his local government for PDP in the last guber election in Anambra and the party coming a distant third behind APGA and APC says so much about Peter's political influence in the state.
For those who don't know, Anambra people were angered when Peter left APGA for PDP and can't trust him anymore.

Can you ever say the truth for once? The biggest rigger won in anambra state!!Nothing like political influence here. Well your propaganda is on page one... Get all the satisfaction you can. you lying Apc agent , and mole among the anambra people.

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by wingmanII: 10:30am On Oct 14, 2018
Koralords:
Am not a tribalist but this why the south east are not relevant in Nigerian politics ...for goodness sake he is from your zone what does it matter ...they would not get a good opurtunity like this again if they mess this up

You are a bloody tribalist! Where has your relevance led you? . Nonsense! Politicians in every region of this shithole always angle for their own interests only. Zamfara APC has no gubernatorial candidate, Lagos governor was described by his godfather as a good governor and bad party man. So many examples. Any little issue in South East, you all blow it out of proportion telling us why their politics is terrible. Why don't you remove the fat log in your eyes? A-Holes!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by funkei: 10:31am On Oct 14, 2018
seunfly:

Was Atiku in PDP 8 months ago?

As for me, I like Peter Obi he is one of the first class governors we have in Nigeria, I rank him in the same league as Fashola, Donald Duke kwakwaso etc but Peter Obi also manage to achieve those thing without putting his state in debt like Fashola and Donald Duke.

Anyway I won't even vote for APC or PDP they are one and the same. I'm casting my vote for Donald duke.

Obi is in a class of his and their attempt to rubbish him is more out of envy and bitterness. My friend told me he met Obi in a plane at Heathrow with just one aide as a governor then. I have also met Obi severally in the plane flying economy class as a governor, that is exemplary or uncommon. In my flying experience home and abroad never flew in higher classes and seeing Obi a governor showing it was no big deal made a lasting impression.

I was also very familiar with his prudent governance as he paid counterpart funds promptly during EU projects and Anambra was heavily indebted years back during Mbadinuju owing more than 9 months salaries but it is currently the least indebted State in the country and compared to my Delta State, it is very clear Obi left a legacy. If all our politicians can adopt Obi's prudent style, Nigeria will change in 6 months as the leaks in governance is the reason of our problems. What we must understand the privileged office holders enjoy extraordinary benefits at the detriments of the masses and do not like a conservative Obi for their selfish reasons.

If the Ibos cannot support their own they should not cry marginalisation as the West are already lobbying that they would endorse any of their own.

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
Don't mind those clownish Atikulators who never knew that Obiano is a covert Buhari supporter and would never want Peter Obi to be ahead of him politically because if PDP wins the national election next year, Peter Obi would be in a better position to determine the next governor in the state and that is the last thing Obiano and Anambra wants.

Will u speak for yourself and Apc alone, and not anambra people?
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by WOCKHARDI(m): 10:32am On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
Atikulate till thy kingdom come but if I may ask you, how many times have you seen Obiano attending any SEastern governors forum in person? That's to tell you how much he despises Obi and PDP, we all knew he was the first SE governor that visited Buhari in 2015 after his election as president.
So continue atikulating but don't shout when results starts rolling in.
But Obiano has just one vote.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 14, 2018
funkei:

Obi is in a class of his and their attempt to rubbish him is more out of envy and bitterness. My friend told me he met Obi in a plane at Heathrow with just one aide as a governor then. I have also met Obi severally in the plane flying economy class as a governor, that is exemplary or uncommon. In my flying experience home and abroad never flew in higher classes and seeing Obi a governor showing it was no big deal made a lasting impression.

I was also very familiar with his prudent governance as he paid counterpart funds promptly during EU projects and Anambra was heavily indebted years back during Mbadinuju owing more than 9 months salaries but it is currently the least indebted State in the country and compared to my Delta State, it is very clear Obi left a legacy. If all our politicians can adopt Obi's prudent style, Nigeria will change in 6 months as the leaks in governance is the reason of our problems. What we must understand the privileged office holders enjoy extraordinary benefits at the detriments of the masses and do not like a conservative Obi for their selfish reasons.

If the Ibos cannot support their own they should not cry marginalisation as the West are already lobbying that they would endorse any of their own.

You ended your good post with a bad paragraph. So if the selfish governor's don't endorse Obi, it means that Igbo people do not support Obi? so much for being intelligent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption / Maurice Iwu Vs Mahmood Yakubu: Who Is The Worst INEC Chairman In Nigeria? / Peter Obi Supporters In Katsina(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.