Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,008 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. (743 Views)

Defections: Stop Poaching Our Governors, PDP Tells APC / Festus Keyamo On Open Bus Ride With PMB In Ibadan As Ambode Speaks On PMB In Oyo / 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by MrAJQ(m): 6:20am On Oct 14, 2018
http://sunnewsonline.com/why-seast-govs-leaders-moved-against-obi-as-atikus-vice/

Facts have emerged why the PDP governors and leaders in the Southeast are kicking against the choice of former governor of Anambra State governor, Mr Peter Obi as the party’s vice presidential candidate. The Atiku action has torn the South East chapter of the party apart.

According to an impeccable party source who pleaded anonymity, the governors and some of the leaders of the party in the zone have accused Atiku of reneging on his earlier promise and vowed to work against his candidacy .

The PDP chieftain told Sunday Sun that Atiku had earlier promised to use the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Prof. Charles Soludo as his running mate.

The chieftain who is also a Senatorial candidate in Anambra State said that the Southeast governors and some PDP leaders from the zone were working on endorsing President Muhammadu Buhari, since according to him, Atiku has shown that they do not matter in his political calculations .
“There will be peace if Soludo is made the running mate because that was what we agreed,” he said.

Asked if they still would have protested if former Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was chosen by Atiku he said: “There is no problem with her, but Soludo is better. You know the woman is difficult, when you go to her for anything she will accuse you of wanting to be given the resources of the country.

“There was a meeting in Enugu over this. Three governors came – Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi. Ebonyi Governor (Dave Umahi) is the Chairman of South East Governors’ Forum, he is angry over what happened.”
Governor Umahi had last Friday issued a statement dissociates himself from a release by his Chief Press Secretary, where the choice of Obi was hailed.

He said that the governors and leaders of the zone were not consulted before Atiku settled for Obi.

He explained that yesterday’s meeting by the governors and leaders of the party was to agree that Obi and his people would not have their way.

He disclosed that he had met with Atiku and his wife and told them that Obi’s choice cannot sell in Igbo land.

His words: “I met with Atiku’s wife on this, she said that I am a businessman, that the business environment will be made good, that Atiku will make things good. That is no promise.”

On where Governor Willie Obiano stood on the matter, he said: “How are you asking this type of question? Obiano totally rejects Obi. Obi has lost four governors from Southeast. APC already has Imo, so the entire five Southeast states are in the hands of APC. The zone is for Buhari. ”

Asked if Governor Umahi was serious on his threats, he said, “very serious. He is ready to work for Buhari.”

Narrating how they came about Soludo, the PDP henchman claimed that he and some leaders of the party held a meeting three months ago where Atiku promised him to pick his vice presidential candidate from the Southeast.

“He told us that the person he had in mind was Soludo and Anambra governor also supported it.

“I was instrumental to him winning the nomination. We started this spin doctor job months ago. Atiku met with me several times alongside Gbenga Daniel. He came to my house many times.

“After he was nominated, he went back on his promise, he changed completely and now brought Peter Obi instead of Soludo that we agreed upon. This is why all the Southeast governors and PDP leaders are kicking. Everybody is mad at Atiku for that singular decision.

“I heard Atiku said he did not consult us because PDP governors from Southeast voted for Tambuwal, that they did not vote for him.

“He said that Wike agreed that Peter Obi should be his running mate. But in doing that, he jettisoned the promised he made to us that we will choose the person that will take the slot.

“Like I said there is fire at the moment. Governors of Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Abia are angry. Governor of Enugu said he has discussed with a former governor in the Southeast that he will vote according to his conscience. He said that everybody deserves a second term, that Buhari deserves second term. He said that he as governor of Enugu needs second term, so he will not stop the president from enjoying second term. He said he will support the president if he seeks second term.”

Apart from other reasons they adduced for opposing the choice of former Anambra governor, he contended that
“Peter Obi is not a liberal politician, he is a conservative. His candidacy will not sell. Many of us who know him very well know that he is unreliable, tricky and selfish. He says one thing and does another. There is a problem in the PDP house and if it is not handled well it will jeopardize Atiku’s ambition.

“I will soon come out to say all that I am telling you publicly. I feel cheated by Atiku. I have complained to friends. Atiku’s wife has begged me, but I refused to accept her pleas.

“I have resolved to work for Buhari and I know that several other people are doing same.”
Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:21am On Oct 14, 2018
They are all WELCOME.....

Sai Baba

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 14, 2018
post=72067631:
They are all WELCOME.....

Sai Baba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:25am On Oct 14, 2018
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by sarrki(m): 6:26am On Oct 14, 2018
The right and sensible thing to do

Weldone guys

Ikpeazu is the traitor

Beware of him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by limeta(f): 6:27am On Oct 14, 2018
What and who we they be working with
Do they now have the control of ipob group

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by RockHard: 6:36am On Oct 14, 2018
O'boy. See serious confusion in Buhari's enemies camp. Buhari jazz strong pass Atiku's marabouts own o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by JasonScoolari: 6:39am On Oct 14, 2018
From the stables of Buhari Media Cowperation comes this blockbusting truckload of bullshit.

Lol, God bless Atiku/Obi
God bless the PDP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by Kingosytex(m): 6:44am On Oct 14, 2018
from the way some of these guys always boast, i begin to wonder if the have the PVCs of everybody in the SE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by kasheemawo(m): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2018
Meanwhile

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by Olalan(m): 6:50am On Oct 14, 2018
The political disunity in the south east is second to none in the country, I wonder what will happen when they give them a slot for presidency.
BTW in business they cooperate well but in politics they can't speak with one voice.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by buhariguy(m): 6:51am On Oct 14, 2018
OK
Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by hisgrace090: 7:18am On Oct 14, 2018
So Igbo leaders are buharist?

They're against obi because he will help atiku win.
Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by dchem(m): 7:21am On Oct 14, 2018
I am sure Atiku is wiser now. There is nothing like SE leaders or Ohanaeze in our dictionary. Nobody tells us who to vote.
Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by PFRB: 7:25am On Oct 14, 2018
Olalan:
The political disunity in the south east is second to none in the country, I wonder what will happen when they give them a slot for presidency.
BTW in business they cooperate well but in politics they can't speak with one voice.........
Is it not good to respect agreements?
Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by Omeokachie: 7:33am On Oct 14, 2018
I heard that high BP is the common ailment being suffered by APC members since PDP concluded its convention last week. cheesy

If Tinubu's newspaper (Nation) is not carrying one fake news about the PDP, then it is Orji Uzor Kalu's (Sun).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by Stanweezy(m): 7:54am On Oct 14, 2018
Selfish governors, SE is not SW where one Jagaban controls the whole region, apart from Ojukwu and Nnamdi Kanu no governor nor politician in SE can control the masses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by AlhajaChinyere: 8:30am On Oct 14, 2018
Stanweezy:
Selfish governors, SE is not SW where one Jagaban controls the whole region, apart from Ojukwu and Nnamdi Kanu no governor nor politician in SE can control the masses

Oya go back and live there na.....Anumanu!
Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by Vixlot: 8:35am On Oct 14, 2018
grin

If you have sense enough to realize why flies gather around a restaurant, you should be able to appreciate why men run for office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors, PDP Leader Plan To Work Against Obi And Work With PMB. by alhassanyusuf29(m): 9:07am On Oct 14, 2018
hahahaha nyamuri flat.head, congratulations!! u just played urself, u just exposed urself under the influence of drugs u like peddling

so it's wrong for just one individual to control the SW, but it is ok for the coward ojukwu and pigdiot cownu to control the SE.. you see ur logic, hypocrites!!
Stanweezy:

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Muslims Cry Out: "We Are Been Marginalized In Nigeria" / Who Is Likely To Win 2019 Presidential Elections ? Buhari Or Atiku / Why The Man In Aso Rock May Not Be Buhari – Ex-apc Spokesperson,bolaji Abdullahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.