Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi (42587 Views)

Atiku Did Not Include Primary, Secondary And University Names On His INEC Form / Why Atiku Did Not Campaign In Ogun’ / What Atiku Did To Me During Lagos State Gov, So Painful, Unforgettable - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by franchasng: 10:57am On Oct 14, 2018
Hedonini:

You're the political neophyte here. The governors can give Buhari votes from where? From their anuses?

I don't understand you people. Unless you're talking about rigging, which will be fiercely rejected, no stupid governor in the South East can convince even his own brother or child to vote for Buhari, so who exactly will they mobilise to raise 20-30% of total South East votes for Buhari? We're not even talking about PDP or APC here. We're talking about Buhari, the most hated animal of all time. Even hated more now than in 2015 in the South East. So I don't know where you're getting this silly 20-30% figures from. Back in 2015 I knew a good number of Igbos who supported Buhari because they felt he had integrity and would tackle mismanagement and corruption. Now they're all bitter. There's not even ONE regular Igbo person that supports Buhari, except those directly benefitting from his government (appointees, contractors etc).

Better wake up. I know you characters depend on rigging but that wouldn't work. In a free election, Buhari of today can't get 5% votes in the South East..
Tell them!

Some of my well-to-do blood relatives and even direct brothers campaigned and voted for Buhari in 2015 on the belief that Buhari will fight corruption and stop looting in government that will liven up Nigeria's economy, they almost convinced me back then but because of my undying love for Goodluck the man of peace, I just had to go with Goodluck while observing Buhari and anticipating some good from him.

But 2yrs later, all my relatives who once supporter Buhari now curse him! They said Buhari is a complete mad man!!

They are so disappointed with Buhari including some close Yoruba friends who campaigned vigorously for Buhari.

Buhari used his own hand with his Fulani herdsmen brothers to kill his image! The man is so dull that he doesn't even care all along, like he was not alive.

The speed at which his daughters and wife disappeared from social media they were jumping around back then is a prove that they too knew their father and husband is a total failure!

Their only plan to win some votes in 2019 is massive rigging and clamp down on opposition, nothing else, but God will help us disgrace them!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 14, 2018
devindevin2000:
Simple: The governors betrayed Atiku. They had agreement months before primaries that if the delegates they controlled voted for him/Atiku, he will pick Soludo as VP, proposed by the governors. Guess what? Atiku found out that the delegates they controlled mostly voted for Tambuwal, reneging on their agreement.

So Atiku winning with delegates not controlled by the governors, decided to work with those Igbo leaders responsible for those delegates voting for him. These leaders, along with SS leaders, adopted Peter Obi.

These governors are charlatans, they want to eat their cake and have it too. They know what they did but now forming betrayal!

Also, not connected with the agreement, Atiku did not want a VP controlled by special interest or outside forces that will cause problem between him and his VP in the future. He wants a man with his own mind, political clout and with no godfathers! A man just like himself with success in business, strong financial war chest and served in government at various levels. Also Atiku has known Obi for years, worked with him, even at banking level for his business.

This thread explained it all
https://www.nairaland.com/4787369/exclusive-why-south-east-govs

Fake news.
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by genternity(m): 11:15am On Oct 14, 2018
globemoney:

afonka kee you there. adaobi lost his ward and nearly lost his own polling unit

It seems u ar nt feeling well
what a confuse specie
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by ogene007: 11:16am On Oct 14, 2018
devindevin2000:

SE people don't respect SE governors, they like Obi.
You are so on point.
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by ogene007: 11:21am On Oct 14, 2018
I guess those silly governors believe they can influence Igbo voters outside SE. Even within SE, they dare not move against Peter Obi because the SE/SS voters are the people who will vote and no Governor dare undermine this arrangement. Corrupt bunch of people who are looking to install their runsman Soludo. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by enonche85(m): 11:44am On Oct 14, 2018
Strangebuttrue:
Those governors are bad belle people

Fayose and Wike are the chairmen of that group of governors.
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by Adenex3051(m): 11:53am On Oct 14, 2018
devindevin2000:
Simple: The governors betrayed Atiku. They had agreement months before primaries that if the delegates they controlled voted for him/Atiku, he will pick Soludo as VP, proposed by the governors. Guess what? Atiku found out that the delegates they controlled mostly voted for Tambuwal, reneging on their agreement.

So Atiku winning with delegates not controlled by the governors, decided to work with those Igbo leaders responsible for those delegates voting for him. These leaders, along with SS leaders, adopted Peter Obi.

These governors are charlatans, they want to eat their cake and have it too. They know what they did but now forming betrayal!

Also, not connected with the agreement, Atiku did not want a VP controlled by special interest or outside forces that will cause problem between him and his VP in the future. He wants a man with his own mind, political clout and with no godfathers! A man just like himself with success in business, strong financial war chest and served in government at various levels. Also Atiku has known Obi for years, worked with him, even at banking level for his business.

I actually agree with.Atiku on the "no Godfather"
part, I recall he was the probably the worst fought governor in this country, starting with his mandate forcefully taken by Chief Mba plus a number of wrongful impeachments all of which he survived. He is truly the proverbial cat with nine lives. If he could weather those storms, then he will go places. I wish them all the best.

This thread explained it all
https://www.nairaland.com/4787369/exclusive-why-south-east-govs
i
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by BestDude: 11:55am On Oct 14, 2018
RockHard:
I am surprised Obiano has not yet said anything. His silence at this juncture is not golden at all.
they are not in good terms. Obi and Obaino I mean.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by HealthDragon: 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2018
wink
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by idrisaleo1: 12:21pm On Oct 14, 2018
I partly agree with your point of argument, but don't compare SE with SW. Have you forgotten what happened in Osun and Ekiti? Do you expect those massive numbers to dump PDP? And do not forget Tinubu might even decide to work for Atiku. After all, this is politics!

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by idrisaleo1: 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
daddytime:

I am neither pro Buhari or Atiku. But your analysis isn't completely right.

If you insist and so sure of your analysis you shouldn't be lashing out at the young man you quoted's analysis either because you both are stating it the way you feel and hope it to be. Respecting each others opinion should hold supreme even if you disagree.

Now, going by your analysis is it right to believe that Atiku won't get a 5% vote from the SW seeing how Buharis VP is from that region including the Tinubu factor?

You can't use how you feel to draw a blanket conclusion based on personal sentiments to state how the generality of the SE'ers are going to vote except you will be manning every man to vote according to how you wish it.

We can all analyse and forecast but at the end of the day and during the election, you'd see the real games playing out and you'd be amazed.

Humility and respecting other peoples permutation and opinions goes a very long way and helps one see things in a broader spectrum.

Shalom

I partly agree with your point of argument, but don't compare SE with SW. Have you forgotten what happened in Osun and Ekiti? Do you expect those massive numbers to dump PDP? And do not forget Tinubu might even decide to work for Atiku. After all, this is politics!

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by Adisaowalla: 12:23pm On Oct 14, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:

Ok o. So Igbo governors betrayed Atiku? And are still crying of victimisation? sad

Hmmmm.....what a surprise cheesy

Bros abeg wetin be the rationale behind this your moniker?
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by Shuku0kukobambi: 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2018
Adisaowalla:

Bros abeg wetin be the rationale behind this your moniker?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Why all of una dey bother about my moniker? Oya tell Buhari to drop Osinbajo and nominate me instead and I'll tell.you wink
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by CoolAmbience(m): 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2018
globemoney:

The idea is not for APC to win SE, the idea is for PDP not to get massive votes from the SE as expected. Many of you don’t know politics

Don't mind them.

Everybody now knows politics, even those that have never stood election in their lives.

Atiku ignoring the governors will significantly reduce his votes in the region where he is expected to get above 70% of valid votes.

SE is his greatest leverage. I doubt if there is any other region where he can secure more than 60% votes, including his own NE.

Isn't it too early for Atiku to start sidelining groups that are not supportive of him in the primaries? These are the same people that hugely criticized the so-called Buhari 5% remark.

Dem no even sabi Atiku sef!

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by Jerry4agida: 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2018
devindevin2000:

SE people don't respect SE governors, they like Obi.
No corporation within themselves, greed and self-centeredness.
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by Jointhemiltons2(m): 12:46pm On Oct 14, 2018
hisgrace090:
South east gov are buharist.

They want a VP candidate that'll make atiku fail come 2019.

Someone should tell them to return any amount they collected from buhari.
Especially that Ebonyi State Governor

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by Jerry4agida: 12:51pm On Oct 14, 2018
One of the major setback from the southeast is lack of corporation, self-centeredness, betrayal, and no intimate love for one another, if not they could have gone a long way.
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by Jointhemiltons2(m): 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2018
Dannyset:
Ignore the Governors at your own peril. They've just told you they will work for Buhari reelection and you're doubting it. All they need to do is allow APC have a field day during the presidential election. Your vote becomes meaningless.

Most of you don't understand politics, you just make noise.
In SE nobody votes because a governor said so. People in SE love Obi starting from Abia after the well arranged polling he conducted at the Town Hall to Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by toprealman: 1:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
youngest85:
I use to know Peter Obi as an handsome man before. What now happened to him?
Is there something else you need to tell us?
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by sogodihno: 1:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
nzeobi:

oga if you still believe APC will win SE because of some governors then please go treat malaria

APC may not win in SE, but they will have enough vote to do d damage.
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by sogodihno: 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2018
RTSC:
I weep for igboland.

I truly weep.

Why would you want to prove your enemies right?

lolz, Elections have not started and u are already weeping, pls, save your tear till after election. U go cry tire after d election.
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by Dannyset(m): 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
Jointhemiltons2:

In SE nobody votes because a governor said so. People in SE love Obi starting from Abia after the well arranged polling he conducted at the Town Hall to Anambra.

Please let's stop all these. I want us to read with understanding. Go back and read what I wrote, I never said any Governor can tell the people who to vote.

To a large extent the Governor can determine the final result of the vote that leaves the state in respective of who is voted for or against. The 1.9m votes of Kano and the 1.4m of Port Harcourt were the hand work of the Governors.

I am not saying that's what the Governors would do but not getting their absolute support is dangerous because if they act indifferent the outcome won't be to PDP advantage.

That being said, Buhari still remain our candidate and no alliance can change that.
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by Adelaide2: 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2018
daddytime:

Now, going by your analysis is it right to believe that Atiku won't get a 5% vote from the SW seeing how Buharis VP is from that region including the Tinubu factor?

Shalom

How many millions of voters in SW, especially Lagos, are Igbos and who do you think they'll vote for?
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by daddytime(m): 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2018
idrisaleo1:

Do not always forget to remember how voters react differently especially when it comes to presidential vs gubernatorial. Basing your judgement on the Ekiti and Osun guber might just not be good enough a yardstick to tell how the Presidential might swing.
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by Kennydoc(m): 2:10pm On Oct 14, 2018
alhassanyusuf29:
it seems like a lot of u guys are neophyte and novice when it comes to political assimilation, nobody is talking about Buhari winning elections In the SE..but the governors can play a spoiler by giving Buhari enough votes of 20-30%,affecting what should naturally be a clean sweep of votes by Atiku in SE region

and if this scenario plays out, then Atiku's ambition is dead on arrival, because he will need at least 80-90% votes from SE to surmount votes Buhari gets from NW/NE region

You're right to some extent, but there is no reason for now to believe that Buhari will sweep the NW and NE.

Talking about NE, Taraba and Adamawa are already for Atiku. Gombe will equally go to Atiku cos it's a PDP state. The rest of the NE will be shared between Atiku and Buhari, so Atiku will win the NE.

As for NW, Buhari will win but the margin won't be anything close to 2015. Atiku is a Fulani Muslim just like Buhari, so he will sell in the NW to some extent. Secondly, Atiku's emergence will give the north another 8 years in power, and you think they won't fancy that? Thirdly, the respect Northerners had for Buhari in 2015 as a kind of saviour of Nigeria has faded. Even his core supporters have seen how abysmally he performed in the first tenure, so more people from the NW will be keen to try a new person.

Atiku will win with over 60-70% in the North Central. There is no way ever that Buhari can win in Plateau, Benue, Nasarawa and Kogi. He may win in Niger, and Kwara may be shared nearly 50:50, with Atiku having a marginal win.

SE and SW will vote massively for Atiku, but I still expect Buhari to get up to 20-25% overall.

Buhari will win in the SW but it will also be a marginal win. He can't get more than 55-60% there.

At the end of the day, it will be a tight contest, but Atiku will carry the day.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by kelly72: 2:41pm On Oct 14, 2018
Dannyset:
Ignore the Governors at your own peril. They've just told you they will work for Buhari reelection and you're doubting it. All they need to do is allow APC have a field day during the presidential election. Your vote becomes meaningless.

They should be carried along but they should not threaten us with working
for Buhari. Igbo people vote their minds, they're not into baba so pe follow follow politics.
In 2015, Imo voters voted Rochas and APC was happy thinking such would repeat in the
presidential poll. However, Buhari didn't score up to 10,000 votes eventually.

So they are free to join APC if they wish
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by blackboy(m): 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2018
So far Atiku has been doing everything right. Even not consulting them governors show Atiku got balls to make necessary decission. He got balls.
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by Princewell2012(m): 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2018
Dannyset:

Hmmm yes nobody should be ignored. I think Atiku knows what to do. I trust him
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by Princewell2012(m): 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2018
nzeobi:

Mr politics teach me.
how do you expect pdp to choose soludo who EFCC has his dirty secrets or why are the governors claiming not consulted.
I believe atiku knows what he is doing. Initially I thought he is going to pick soludo.
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by EternalTruths: 4:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
sogodihno:

APC may not win in SE, but they will have enough vote to do d damage.
Who will vote Buhari after Python Dance.?
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by EternalTruths: 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2018
Dannyset:

Please let's stop all these. I want us to read with understanding. Go back and read what I wrote, I never said any Governor can tell the people who to vote.

To a large extent the Governor can determine the final result of the vote that leaves the state in respective of who is voted for or against. The 1.9m votes of Kano and the 1.4m of Port Harcourt were the hand work of the Governors.

I am not saying that's what the Governors would do but not getting their absolute support is dangerous because if they act indifferent the outcome won't be to PDP advantage.

That being said, Buhari still remain our candidate and no alliance can change that.

The only thing Governors do, is to release money to bribe the electorates of which SE Governors won't do.

The millions of vote gotten in the North by Buhari wasn't because of the Governors but because the people believed in him and that is why Buhari was always having 12m votes on standby since 2003 despite the refusal of Northern Governors to campaigned for him.
Re: Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi by Kaysalas(m): 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:

So there are traitors among Igbo? I'm truly surprised and might just Atikulate in my surprise angry
O boi! dis tin taya mi O! to think na Dem dey shout BETRAY and BETRAYAL PASS online, i just taya for dis news

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Twitter Outburst As Patience Jonathan Fails To Show Up At The Inauguration / Bakare: Buhari Told Me He Wants A VP Who Can Hold The Nation Together If He Dies / Adamu Garba Reacts To Dead Lawmaker Being Elected In US Election (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.