Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? (4852 Views)

Tinukevibes Slams 'Hausa' Muslims Offended By Her Dance Video In Saudi Arabia / Muslims 'Offended' By Tinukevibes_ Dance In Saudi Arabia (Video) / My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by Omooba77: 7:26am On Oct 14, 2018
I have discovered that some people when you offend them; even after begging and seeking for their forgiveness will still not burge.
Please how do we make them forgive and forget?
Happy Sunday!
Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by youngest85(m): 7:33am On Oct 14, 2018
By taking them for brain transplant so that they will lose the memory of that offense

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by iamwhat: 7:34am On Oct 14, 2018
Forgiveness is a personal decision, you can't make someone forgive you, of course you can help them see reasons to forgive. However, you cannot make them forgive you but you have no problem/sin after seeking for their forgiveness because you only offended them but committed sin against God and only God can forgive you of the sin. If the person likes he/she forgive you or not, God's forgiveness is paramount.

8 Likes

Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by falcon01: 8:27am On Oct 14, 2018
If you beg for forgiveness and weren't forgiven just walk out, at least you tried your best

3 Likes

Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by Omooba77: 8:42am On Oct 14, 2018
iamwhat:

Forgiveness is a personal decision, you can't make someone forgive you, of course you can help them see reasons to forgive. However, you cannot make them forgive you but you have no problem/sin after seeking for their forgiveness because you only offended them but committed sin against God and only God can forgive you of the sin. If the person likes he/she forgive you or not, God's forgiveness is paramount.

Thanks sir, God bless you.

5 Likes

Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by Omooba77: 8:42am On Oct 14, 2018
falcon01:
If you beg for forgiveness and weren't forgiven just walk out, at least you tried your best

Ok sir, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by Righteousness89(m): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2018
Omooba77:
I have discovered that some people when you offend them; even after begging and seeking for their forgiveness will still not burge.
Happy Sunday!
Yours is to ask for Forgiveness Sincerely...

Your Conscience will give u signal of Peace!

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2018
Make amends and afterwards smile a little, it is better than turning yourself into a beggar
Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 14, 2018
If God could intentionally harden Pharoah’s heart when he refused to let his people go I believe God can equally inspire one to forgive us but it may time. In the meantime keep living keep enjoying life What’s done is done things won’t ever be the same but at least you know deep down you made an apology sincerely

Leave the rest for God

1 Like

Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by Samsimple(m): 9:51am On Oct 14, 2018
c
Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by waplord10(m): 9:51am On Oct 14, 2018
Beg them with pure heart... If they refuse move on with your life... They're killing there selves.
Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 14, 2018
Mark 11:25 - And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Ephesians 4:32 - And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Matthew 6:15 - But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Matthew 18:21-22 - Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? (Read More...)

Matthew 6:14-15 - For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: (Read More...)

James 5:16 - Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Luke 6:27 - But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

Luke 6:37 - Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Colossians 3:13 - Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.

Psalms 103:10-14 - He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. (Read More...)

1 Corinthians 10:13 - There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it]

1 Like

Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by allanphash7(m): 10:18am On Oct 14, 2018
I don't know
Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 14, 2018
youngest85:
By taking them for brain transplant so that they will lose the memory of that offense

Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 14, 2018
Omooba77:
Happy Sunday!
Wait..lemme ask IFA

Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by tunary(m): 11:41am On Oct 14, 2018
Humans are not God, if you do your best begging for forgiveness and he/she doesn't forgive I suggest you find your way, god sees our hearts.

The Lords prayer says forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us!
Anybody way no forgive, na himself he dey do, that is why obasanjo forgive Atiku to free his mind

If we die without forgiveness na hell fire straight
Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by tunary(m): 11:42am On Oct 14, 2018
HarkymTheOracle:
Wait..lemme ask IFA
omobaba
Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by tunary(m): 11:58am On Oct 14, 2018
Omooba77:
Happy Sunday!
Omobaba whenever your mind tells you to do the right thing just do it if you really believe it's right

You can plead to who you offend from the depth of your heart to forgive you and if they don't forgive you, find your way but also pray to God genuinely to forgive you. the case is settled
Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by Omooba77: 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2018
tunary:
Omobaba whenever your mind tells you to do the right thing just do it if you really believe it's right

You can plead to who you offend from the depth of your heart to forgive you and if they don't forgive you, find your way but also pray to God genuinely to forgive you. the case is settled
Thanks sir, God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by DedeNkem: 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2018
Omooba77:
Happy Sunday!

You can't force anyone to forgive you.
Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by GAPPLE: 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2018
See ehn, some things are easier said than done..

Me, I would just tell you it all depends on how so hurt the person u offended felt or the gravity of yo offence, because of a truth, you can't come to me fo forgiveness and tell me u were the one who shot my mother to death, do you think I'd forgive u that easily??
Eventho' my mum has been dead fo almost 3 years now..

See, don't let me lie to you, I can't forgive you the first instance u come pleading oo, but I sure would still forgive u sha, the fact that u acknowledged that u did wrong and yo conscience didn't let you be, would make me forgive u later on..
Cheers!..

1 Like

Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by okeniti: 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2018
You can't. Sometimes in life it is a W and sometimes it is a L. You wronged that person and no amount of guilt YOU FEEL can change the fact you wronged said person and no they don't you owe any forgiveness. Hold your L and move on.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by marsh4332(m): 1:56pm On Oct 14, 2018
Make restitution for what you did.
If you stole his goat,
Return or replace same, in a better condition though!
If you bleeped his wife,
confess before the man and his wife,
If you come out alive, pray for forgiveness.
Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by Bianda24: 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2018
DedeNkem:

A butterfly thinks himself a bird
Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by Omooba77: 2:43pm On Oct 14, 2018
DedeNkem:

Hmmmm
Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by frozen70(f): 2:53pm On Oct 14, 2018
If you have offended someone and you go to that person to plead for forgiveness

Do that with a sincere heart, so that your conscience will be free and you will have peace of mind

The way and manner the person handles it will be healed with time
Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by Gistalways: 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2018
Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
So far I have begged them to forgive. If they refuse then so be it, continue my life without them. This world is very big, it can contain all of us
Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by okenwa(m): 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2018
Omooba77:
Happy Sunday!

By not hurting them in the first instance.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Get Forgiveness From Those We Offended? by Omooba77: 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2018
okenwa:

By not hurting them in the first instance.

yea

(1) (2) (Reply)

Link To Download Free Gospel Messages / The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! / How Powerful Is The Devil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.