Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. - Pets (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. (19026 Views)

Belgian Malinois Stud Needed In Lagos / Belgian Woman Banned From Zoo After 4-year 'affair' With Chimpanzee / Belgian Malinois Puppy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by Zerilt: 6:03am On Mar 30, 2019
Those dogs are so beautiful, very gracious, good guardians and very loyal to family. I love this breed very much. I would like to have one, but unfortunately don’t have conditions to keep it
Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by oluomoadebayo: 5:10pm On Mar 30, 2019
Bomae:
Join our telegram dog group to learn more about dogs
https:///CanineEducation

Dogs can really make a mess of a compound if u allow them to poop everywhere. If its a public compound it would definitely be a problem to u because ur dog can go to a neighbors space and relieve himself. And they wont be happy.

U would av to start packing poops everywhere and there's also the chance that you'll miss some poop that u might not see to pack which can transmit infection. u can also step on it and then take the shoes in the house or ur car.

If ur dog poops everywhere it would also not be appealing to spend time in ur compound which can also be a big concern for parents and children that need to play around.

The good thing is you can teach your dog to poop in a designated place by himself.

The first thing u av to do is to choose a good spot for it to poop.

Choose a dog poop spot where people do not pass often or atall. Let it be by the corner also.

The area u designate should be appropriate for ur dogs size. If u av a small or medium size dog the spot you designate should be appropriate for the size of your dog. A small area might be fine for a small breed dog, but larger breeds are going to need more space.

Your dog won't want to keep peeing and pooping in a tiny area that becomes very smelly and dirty so u always have to clean it up.

Sometimes some dogs choose their own spot to poop. If this happens then u av lesser work to do. If ur dog often returns to a particular area to relieve itself, try to make this the toilet area. Just make sure the chosen spot is realistic for use in a public compound and try to keep it neat.

u can leave one pile in the area so during training ur dog would knw that's the right spot. If the area gets too soiled, your dog may look to relieve itself somewhere else

U can also keep ur dog in a temporarily fensed area in the morning to block off the area. Place your dog within the enclosed area and when it eventually poops praise him, touch him and let the dog out of the enclosure and then reward him with a treat.

One easy way to train a dog to go only in one spot is to train it to learn the go on command. Try to knw when ur dog poops. Some dog poops in the morning while some usually does it 30mins or immediately after they eat. Once ur able to figure out the time take ur dog on a leash to the spot you want or us the go command to make it go to that spot. Keep the dog in that spot until it poops. Either use a lease to make it remain there until it poops. Once it poops reward him with a treat.

U can also train ur dog to poop in a particular place by locking him up in his cage. Usually when dogs wana poop they become restless. Some would make noise or spin. Once u observe this then u release him and take him to the designated spot. And reward him after he poops.

Like i said earlier always read ur dogs body language to knw when it wants to poop. During the times u allow ur dog to run about and play, make sure to supervise it. Keep an eye on the dog's body language. If it tries to relieve it self in an area not designated u scream at it or call its name with an angry tone and then lead it to the designated area.
Most dogs give a sign that they're about to relieve themselves. If u observe ur dogs enough u would knw. They pace or spin or sniff around. If you notice your dog engaging in any of these behaviors outside of the designated potty area, interrupt it and bring it to the right spot.

If ur dog poops before you can stop it, then stop playtime and bring the pup indoors. If the dog holds it and does its and then poops in the proper area, remember to reward it.

Your dog will quickly learn that relieving itself in the right spot means it gets to play while going anywhere else brings playtime to an end.

Join our telegram dog group to learn more about dogs
https:///CanineEducation

Why can’t you start your own thread instead of spamming someone’s else thread.
Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by oluomoadebayo: 1:55am On Apr 03, 2019
He is not just a beautiful dog, he can bite too.

Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by noona(f): 9:49pm On Apr 03, 2019
Will these dogs be good for a livestock farm??
Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by oluomoadebayo: 11:04pm On Apr 03, 2019
noona:

If you get from a suitable bloodline, they are the best.
Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by abbeg(m): 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2019
noona:
Dont buy all these big hairy dogs like Caucasian as they can't do well in heat for prolonged periods(assuming its under sun in the open).It might be very strong but a malinois would be better as the caucasian might even die of heat stroke.However if a malinois is too expensive you can always settle for a german shepherd.They have a greater guarding tendency than malinois but fall sick a lot.But if your dog will be doing a lot of ACTUAL guarding (fighting off thieves and/or predators) then get a boerbel.It's what they were bred for.They are also cheaper than malinois and are built for fighting and guarding.But very good bloodlines might be very expensive and they need more nutritious food than malinois.
These are some pros and cons of some guard breeds in Nigeria.
I hope I have been of help to you smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by oluomoadebayo: 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2019
abbeg:
Dont buy all these big hairy dogs like Caucasian as they can't do well in heat for prolonged periods(assuming its under sun in the open).It might be very strong but a malinois would be better as the caucasian might even die of heat stroke.However if a malinois is too expensive you can always settle for a german shepherd.They have a greater guarding tendency than malinois but fall sick a lot.But if your dog will be doing a lot of ACTUAL guarding (fighting off thieves and/or predators) then get a boerbel.It's what they were bred for.They are also cheaper than malinois and are built for fighting and guarding.But very good bloodlines might be very expensive and they need more nutritious food than malinois.
These are some pros and cons of some guard breeds in Nigeria.
I hope I have been of help to you smiley smiley

GSD guard better than a Malinois? Do you have proof for this?
Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by space9880: 11:13am On Apr 13, 2019
oluomoadebayo:

lol I think I like where this is going
Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by KingAzubuike(f): 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2019
lofssszy:
I think most people don't understand the difference btw GSD and a malinois. .. malinois are aggressive and very fast... they are not as popular as a gsd. Special type of dogs
This one no be malinois na ekukenois.
Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by abbeg(m): 11:31pm On Apr 17, 2019
oluomoadebayo:

Abeg I don't want round 2 on this thread grin
let it just die.Pretend like I said nothing grin grin
Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by davillian(m): 2:05am On Apr 20, 2019
Ogcruz:
German shepherds are better than Belgian melanoise
A German Shepard is smarter
A German Shepard is bigger
A German shepherd is more beautiful
And it's the number 1 dog used for military service
And this was the person that derailed the thread.
Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by oluomoadebayo: 8:40pm On Apr 21, 2019
abbeg:
Abeg I don't want round 2 on this thread grin
let it just die.Pretend like I said nothing grin grin

You can as well open a thread to share your opinion.
Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by OsaroKennel: 11:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
I wonder o! This guy just dey crash people thread anyhow. Stop hijacking thread that's not yours. Create your own thread for crying out loud! Stop doing what you will not want others do to you.
oluomoadebayo:

Why can’t you start your own thread instead of spamming someone’s else thread.

1 Like

Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by oluomoadebayo: 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2019
Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by Goodluckzubi: 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2020
Pls I would like to help in this program. Add me up.call/whatsapp:08139504508
Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by Goodluckzubi: 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2020
Pls I would like to adopt a male and a female to help in the boosting of this breed in Nigeria. Puppy deal. First and second pups for you
Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by Strydermanz(m): 11:27am On Jun 27, 2020
Both the GSD and Belgian are nice working dogs
Re: Belgian Malinois Breeding Plan In Nigeria. by dorcky: 7:42pm On Dec 15, 2020
I have some Belgium Mallinos available .

Call or Whatsapp : 07037902325

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

South Korea To Ban Dog Meat Consumption / Dog Lovers In Nigeria: Your Very Own Dog Magazine / Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.