Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:16 PM

How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? (1946 Views)

High-powered Nigerian Delegation Arrives In Niamey To Engage With Coup Plotters / WW3 Fears As China And Russia Join Forces For Massive War Games(Pix, Video) / Biggest US Navy War Games In 40 Years To Prepare For WW3( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
The world powers are continually building stockpiles of extremely advanced technology capable of delivering mass destruction in nuclear form and outside nuclear.

Furthermore, cyber attacks and control of communication systems and satellites seems to be a big deal these days.

Another very key tool is manipulating financial and business services which can make or ruin economy of most nations.

I hear of newer supersonic jets, sophisticated carriers, stealth nuclear powered submarines and many classified weapons that rumours bear to be inspired by crashed/captured alien ships.

I am getting scared and very concerned that Nigeria is playing absolutely no role in R& D nor in developing weapons of war that can enable us command at least some respect from some other African countries to start with.

Many counties are flexing their muscles already by testing weapons, influencing elections of another country, starting trade wars, sending threats, and warnings amidst setting up military bases every where.

The fight for dominance is on. A war might start soon. Some countries are waiting for, "hit me first". Some are playing weak while hiding their tech and developing more secretly.

For a WW3,
I wonder what our role would be.
I wonder if any country out there would attempt to nuke us.
I am wondering how the Nigerian army and navy would react to an incoming ICBM.
I wonder if we would claim a portion of the Atlantic ocean as 'Nigerian waters' as we share border with it.
I wonder if we have any allies,, please don't mention Kenya.

I wonder if our top hospitals are equipped with tools to treat wounded soldiers.

But really, can we get a shield like from wakanda.

I guess it's time the elites among us woke.

Social media, reality TV, sport talks and election wahala is taking the attention of the elites because I realize that not everyone can be a creator.

We should start doing stuffs in space travel, military weaponry, and cyber security.

What are your thoughts?
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by arantess: 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
Where are the war mongers?
Make una show
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by lekanskills(m): 7:32pm On Oct 14, 2018
am sorry. but nigeria is not a country, when the war starts we may all perish. nigeria has vast crude oil reserves that makes nigeria a target in a world war.
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by Aaronsrod: 9:54pm On Oct 14, 2018
When World War 3 comes we will all be in Heaven reigning at His side as foretold in prophecy.

We shall laugh at the punishments inflicted on the unbelievers in hellfire.

Truly we are blessed!

1 Like

Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 08, 2019
Aaronsrod:
When World War 3 comes we will all be in Heaven reigning at His side as foretold in prophecy.

We shall laugh at the punishments inflicted on the unbelievers in hellfire.

Truly we are blessed!

Sounds like you'll too busy praising God than to be a seeing what ll happen down here
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by mysticwarrior(m): 10:03pm On Mar 08, 2019
Don't forger that Nigeria has one of the most powerful weapon no country has in this world, juju technology, Nupe witches and wizards will serve as air force, and the mami water spirit will destroy any submarine and warships, as for the nukes, calabar and Yoruba babalawos will return them back to sender, so my dear you don't have to worry about Nigeria when world war 3 comes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by cactusland(m): 11:55pm On Mar 08, 2019
Nigeria would most likely stay neutral until it knows definitively which side is winning. Otherwise it, and the rest of thet part of Africa will remain undisturbed if it weren't for the following:
Nigeria has oil that a particular side will need, along with the Niger river and other transportation lines that will be needed to transport Saharan metals (such as iron, gold, copper, uranium, manganese, and tin) as well as petroleum and of course sand for glass. Not to mention, the Nigerian agricultural power may come in handy for anyone willing to buy extra Nigerian products.
Even further, Nigeria has a huge population and therefore manpower for war.
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by harjorlarh(m): 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2019
With the ways things are going in international politics, there might be a world conflict before 2050.that said I don't really know what Nigeria is doing because it's inevitable that Nigeria will likely participate; why because it's economy and because of its oil.Nigeria doesn't even have a sub.our Navy is not a blue water Navy,our frigates and Corvette are not up to 10 and i strongly doubt if we have a destroyer not to even talk of a heli Carrier. Going to the air force our first choice defense is like 6-7 out dated f7 jets and alpha jets no stealth fighters,no fourth generation jets nothing,finally no ICBM capability which means Nigeria would be bullied into some decisions during the war.I really hope the military leaders step up and start to prepare.the only defense I think Nigeria has got is that it's people pray alot.l do hope prayers would be able to stop missiles for entering into our airspace though

My two cents.
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by IMAliyu(m): 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2019
I don't think Nigeria will be a direct target for attack, because we don't pose any threat to any powerful country at the moment, but if a WW3 was to happen we can all assume it's going to be nuclear and the theory is that if all the nuclear weapons in the world were to be detonated it could cause a nuclear winter and the fallout would spread to everywhere.
We don't have any infrastructures to protect our people from radiation so people are going to die of cancer and due to the nuclear winter farm crops and livestock are going to die as well. In conclusion there will be cancer, death and famine.
Now Nigeria still has large oil reserves and deposits of important mineral reserves and weak a military defense meaning the government is going to be overthrown by any powerful enough regime that still stands and the countries resources exploited and used to rebuild (this is in a situation where Nigeria still exists and has not fractionated into different autonomous regions)
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 10, 2019
If & when WW3 breaks out, Nigeria will be invaded & overrun by predators who have been coveting her Natural Resources for decades.

I read some submissions by some ignoramuses up there saying Nigeria will declare neutrality when it happens. grin

That is akin to a situation where Armed Bandits invade a community, and then a beautiful duplex or mansion without a fence, gate & burglary - stocked with Gold Bars & Forex and guarded by catapult & stick-wielding security guards - decides to declare neutrality in the face of hardened bandits carrying Laser-Guided Rocket Propelled Grenades (RPGs) & General Purpose Machine Guns (GPMGs spitting 2000 rounds per minute) grin

What do you think will happen? grin

Seemingly reminiscent of a scenario that played-out during the WW2.

Adolf Hitler & Joseph Stalin had signed the "Molotov-Ribbentrop pact" on August 23, 1939.

This was a non-aggression pact between Germany and the Soviet Union that would ensure peace for the next 10 years. This pact also contained secret details on how to split Eastern Europe. With this treaty, Hitler sealed his Eastern front and could concentrate his efforts on France and Britain.

This meant that unlike WW1 when Germany had to fight a two-front war, they could now concentrate all of their resources on the west. Hitler finally got the breathing space he needed to take Poland and strike France with all his might. Stalin, on the other hand, had just purged his military of all top officials. He needed time to build up his army without the threat of an attack. It was a win-win situation for both dictators.

Despite the mutual non-aggression pact, the Soviets and the Germans were not on good terms. The Nazis were against the spread of communism, and the Soviets were against Nazi ideologies.

Now, Germany was not self-sufficient in raw materials. This included food as well as oil, essentials for a war effort. These raw materials were imported from the Soviet Union in exchange for technology, but if this trade was stopped, Germany could not continue to fight. This concerned Hitler, as he did not trust Stalin to keep his promise. The only way to secure his supply of raw materials was to attack the Soviet Union and capture its fields and oil reserves.

What's more, Hitler wanted the vast extent of the Soviet Union as a living space to be repopulated by the German people. He also wanted the resources present in the Soviet Union, especially the oil reserves. He hoped to swiftly capture Moscow before the onset of winter, and he expected the Soviet Union to collapse like it did in the first World War. grin

Hitler’s plan relied on one major gamble: He predicted that his blitzkrieg attack would take the Soviets by surprise and that they would capture Moscow before the onset of winter. With the capture of their capital, the Soviets would lose their will to fight and surrender to the Germans. But even though there was a major success in the initial stages of the war, the Germans gravely underestimated the resources the Soviets had.

The rest - as they say is history. grin

The Soviets did 80% of the fighting & dying while the Amerikan bastards rode in on their white horses & shining armor towards the tail end of the war - to claim all the glory. grin

Now, back to the topic.

What do you think will happen when Britain & France run out of Oil to power their Fighter Jets, War Ships & Battle Tanks - knowing-fully well that there is a useless & unproductive Country inside a jungle in West Afrika called Nigeria with vast Natural Resources that will serve their interest during & after WW3? grin

Your guess is as good as mine. grin

Unless you Tramadol-popping, Shisha-smoking & Olosho-fvcking dunder-heads mobilize your lazy akpu-eating asses & seize power now - and then install Me (Zoharariel Underscore Obatala - The Son of Putin & The Right Hand of Rogozin & The Left Hand of Shoygu & The Samurai Sword of Kim Jong-Un) as the Lord Marshall of The Federal Republic of Nigeria with "Comrade Appleyard" as the Prime Minister, with "Comrade Scully95" as the Defence Minister so that we can purge & re-organize the entire Nigerian Armed Forces with sophisticated & state of the art military equipments for the Army, Navy & Airforce, walahi talahi sumobilahi li azim - what the iFUKUSA (Israel, France, UK & USA) will do to your Parents, Wives, Daughters & yourselves will be worse than what is currently happening in Libya, Afghanistan & Iraq. grin

WW3 has not broken out yet, but Cameroon (which is more equipped than Nigeria & with the approval of France) is already taunting & killing your soldiers at the southern border while invading Bakassi Communities & ransacking their villages.

A poster up there said Nigeria has 6-7 F7 Fighter Jets operational. grin

Yes! Ebele Jonathan bought 7 units of outdated single-engine F7 Fighter Jets but two of those useless jets crashed last year during the rehearsal for the independence day, in addition to the one that was shot down by Boko Haram in Adamawa about 2 - 3 years ago - and they have not been replaced. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/4759290/photo-nigerian-air-force-jet

In conclusion, Whenever you're ready to securing your vulnerable Country from the impending doom that is destined to befall you before 2020, I will be at my private bunker inside my family house in Ijebu - drinking my Trophy Lager Beer & smoking my Benson Boost Cigarettes.

Until then, adios Amigos! Hahahahahahaaa! grin cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by arantess: 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2019
War mongers thread
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 10, 2019
Zoharariel:
If & when WW3 breaks out, Nigeria will be invaded & overrun by predators who have been coveting her Natural Resources for decades.

I read some submissions by some ignoramuses up there saying Nigeria will declare neutrality when it happens. grin

That is akin to a situation where Armed Bandits invade a community, and then a beautiful duplex or mansion without a fence, gate & burglary - stocked with Gold Bars & Forex and guarded by catapult & stick-wielding security guards - decides to declare neutrality in the face of hardened bandits carrying Laser-Guided Rocket Propelled Grenades (RPGs) & General Purpose Machine Guns (GPMGs spitting 2000 rounds per minute) grin

Adolf Hitler & Joseph Stalin had signed the "Molotov-Ribbentrop pact" on August 23, 1939.

This was a non-aggression pact between Germany and the Soviet Union that would ensure peace for the next 10 years. This pact also contained secret details on how to split Eastern Europe. With this treaty, Hitler sealed his Eastern front and could concentrate his efforts on France and Britain.

This meant that unlike WW1 when Germany had to fight a two-front war, they could now concentrate all of their resources on the west. Hitler finally got the breathing space he needed to take Poland and strike France with all his might. Stalin, on the other hand, had just purged his military of all top officials. He needed time to build up his army without the threat of an attack. It was a win-win situation for both dictators.

Despite the mutual non-aggression pact, the Soviets and the Germans were not on good terms. The Nazis were against the spread of communism, and the Soviets were against Nazi ideologies.

Now, Germany was not self-sufficient in raw materials. This included food as well as oil, essentials for a war effort. These raw materials were imported from the Soviet Union in exchange for technology, but if this trade was stopped, Germany could not continue to fight. This concerned Hitler, as he did not trust Stalin to keep his promise. The only way to secure his supply of raw materials was to attack the Soviet Union and capture its fields and oil reserves.

What's more, Hitler wanted the vast extent of the Soviet Union as a living space to be repopulated by the German people. He also wanted the resources present in the Soviet Union, especially the oil reserves. He hoped to swiftly capture Moscow before the onset of winter, and he expected the Soviet Union to collapse like it did in the first World War. grin

Hitler’s plan relied on one major gamble: He predicted that his blitzkrieg attack would take the Soviets by surprise and that they would capture Moscow before the onset of winter. With the capture of their capital, the Soviets would lose their will to fight and surrender to the Germans. But even though there was a major success in the initial stages of the war, the Germans gravely underestimated the resources the Soviets had.

The rest - as they is history. grin

The Soviets did 80% of the fighting & dying while the Amerikan bastards rode in on their white horses & shining armor towards the tail end of the war - to claim all the glory. grin

Now, back to the topic.

What do you think will happen when Britain & France run out of Oil to power their Fighter Jets, War Ships & Battle Tanks - knowing-fully well that there is a useless & unproductive Country inside a jungle in West Afrika called Nigeria with vast Natural Resources that will serve their interest during & after WW3? grin

Unless you Tramadol-popping, Shisha-smoking & Olosho-fvcking dunder-heads mobilize your lazy akpu-eating asses & seize power now - and then install Me (Zoharariel Underscore Obatala - The Son of Putin & The Right Hand of Rogozin & The Left Hand of Shoygu & The Samurai Sword of Kim Jong-Un) as the Lord Marshall of The Federal Republic of Nigeria with "Comrade Appleyard" as the Prime Minister, with "Comrade Scully95" as the Defence Minister so that we can purge & re-organize the entire Nigerian Armed Forces with sophisticated & state of the art military equipments for the Army, Navy & Airforce, walahi talahi sumobilahi li azim - what the iFUKUSA (Israel, France, UK & USA) will do to your Parents, Wives, Daughters & yourselves will be worst than what is currently happening in Libya, Afghanistan & Iraq. grin

WW3 has not broken out yet, but Cameroon (which is more equipped than Nigeria & with the approval of France) is already taunting & killing your soldiers at the southern border while invading Bakassi Communities & ransacking their villages.

Yes! Ebele Jonathan bought 7 units of outdated single-engine F7 Fighter Jets but two of those useless jets crashed last year during the rehearsal for the independence day, in addition to the one that was shot down by Boko Haram in Adamawa about 2 - 3 years ago - and they have not been replaced. grin

In conclusion, Whenever you're ready to securing your vulnerable Country from the impending doom that is destined to befall you before 2020, I will be at my private bunker inside my family house in Ijebu - drinking my Trophy Lager Beer & smoking my Benson Boost Cigarettes.

Damn grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by Sawzer(m): 11:10pm On Mar 10, 2019
Zoharariel:

Now, back to the topic.

Unless you Tramadol-popping, Shisha-smoking & Olosho-fvcking dunder-heads mobilize your lazy akpu-eating asses & seize power now - and then install Me (Zoharariel Underscore Obatala - The Son of Putin & The Right Hand of Rogozin & The Left Hand of Shoygu & The Samurai Sword of Kim Jong-Un) as the Lord Marshall of The Federal Republic of Nigeria with "Comrade Appleyard" as the Prime Minister, with "Comrade Scully95" as the Defence Minister so that we can purge & re-organize the entire Nigerian Armed Forces with sophisticated & state of the art military equipments for the Army, Navy & Airforce, walahi talahi sumobilahi li azim - what the iFUKUSA (Israel, France, UK & USA) will do to your Parents, Wives, Daughters & yourselves will be worst than what is currently happening in Libya, Afghanistan & Iraq. grin

I love you man! grin
You are too pure and comical

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by jantavanta(m): 9:11am On Mar 12, 2019
Arms Marketers should forget about WWIII.
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by mexicocity: 8:30pm On Mar 13, 2019
Zoharariel:

Now, back to the topic.

Unless you Tramadol-popping, Shisha-smoking & Olosho-fvcking dunder-heads mobilize your lazy akpu-eating asses & seize power now - and then install Me (Zoharariel Underscore Obatala - The Son of Putin & The Right Hand of Rogozin & The Left Hand of Shoygu & The Samurai Sword of Kim Jong-Un) as the Lord Marshall of The Federal Republic of Nigeria with "Comrade Appleyard" as the Prime Minister, with "Comrade Scully95" as the Defence Minister so that we can purge & re-organize the entire Nigerian Armed Forces with sophisticated & state of the art military equipments for the Army, Navy & Airforce, walahi talahi sumobilahi li azim - what the iFUKUSA (Israel, France, UK & USA) will do to your Parents, Wives, Daughters & yourselves will be worse than what is currently happening in Libya, Afghanistan & Iraq. grin

please how can I meet you. I really need to know you brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:21am On Mar 16, 2019
Chest beating...
Why not enlist in the military to flush out Boko boys and herdsmen?
Fvcktard like u... Putin son kee u dere.
U b Putin son u come dey Ijebu-ode abi?

U know about Switzerland and their "Neutrality Policy"?
Even during the inter-war years both first and Second World War ..they share land borders with the allied and axis powers yet they were never invaded.
If African countries can maintain declare and maintain a sincere neutrality incase Third World War were to happen. We will be Ok!

But we also go to prepare to defend our territory incase d unknown were to happen
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by Sawzer(m): 11:52am On Mar 16, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Chest beating...
Why not enlist in the military to flush out Boko boys and herdsmen?
Fvcktard like u... Putin son kee u dere.
U b Putin son u come dey Ijebu-ode abi?

U know about Switzerland and their "Neutrality Policy"?
Even during the inter-war years both first and Second World War ..they share land borders with the allied and axis powers yet they were never invaded.
If African countries can maintain declare and maintain a sincere neutrality incase Third World War were to happen. We will be Ok!

But we also go to prepare to defend our territory incase d unknown were to happen

You contradicted yourself in the last paragraph
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2019
Sawzer:

You contradicted yourself in the last paragraph

It's you that failed to comprehend my submission.
Enacting a policy of neutrality or non alignment policy does not mean you will not maintain your army,, navy or Air Force...
But what it means is that you will not endorse or be a member of a military bloc or alliance.....
Switzerland that I used as an example have their own military. It's simple as ABC that the best way to seek and maintain global peace is to prepare and be ready for war.

So if World War III were to happen... It's better for us to maintain neutrality/non alignment while at the same time improvise on our military capability..
If you don't understand just say you don't understand and ask questions?? ... Not saying I'm contradicting myself!

Cheers!!!
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by Sawzer(m): 12:49pm On Mar 16, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

It's you that failed to comprehend my submission.
Enacting a policy of neutrality or non alignment policy does not mean you will not maintain your army,, navy or Air Force...
But what it means is that you will not endorse or be a member of a military bloc or alliance.....
Switzerland that I used as an example have their own military. It's simple as ABC that the best way to seek and maintain global peace is to prepare and be ready for war.

So if World War III were to happen... It's better for us to maintain neutrality/non alignment while at the same time improvise on our military capability..
If you don't understand just say you don't understand and ask questions?? ... Not saying I'm contradicting myself!

Cheers!!!

Okay, I get your point thanks!
In other words, either we declare neutrality or not they can decide to uproot our country anyway grin
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:06pm On Mar 16, 2019
Sawzer:

Okay, I get your point thanks!
In other words, either we declare neutrality or not they can decide to uproot our country anyway grin

It's not that they lack the military precision to invade our country... Both somehow most of this Western states try to follow established protocols... International convention/law... Like for example ... If Mr A surrender unconditionally to Mr B and ask for ceasefire or peace agreement! It is expected of Mr B to dictate the peace treaty but not kill Mr A seeing that he had laid down his weapons completely.

If Mr A kills Mr B in his defenseless nature.. Such action is termed "war crime". There are many examples.
In the same way United Nations recognize Swiss neutrality... Most nations would dare not attack them.
It will sway global opinion against such state.. It will be used as a tool for propaganda against the aggressor.. (in war time,,.. States try to minimize d number of enemy...then @ d same time try to increase the number of friends they have)

Last but not the least... If you didn't succeed in your invasion or attack...you will face justice for war crime or crime against humanity! There's a reason why Hitler and some other officers under him committed suicide.
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 16, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

It's not that they lack the military precision to invade our country... Both somehow most of this Western states try to follow established protocols... International convention/law... Like for example ... If Mr A surrender unconditionally to Mr B and ask for ceasefire or peace agreement! It is expected of Mr B to dictate the peace treaty but not kill Mr A seeing that he had laid down his weapons completely.

If Mr A kills Mr B in his defenseless nature.. Such action is termed "war crime". There are many examples.
In the same way United Nations recognize Swiss neutrality... Most nations would dare not attack them.
It will sway global opinion against such state.. It will be used as a tool for propaganda against the aggressor.. (in war time,,.. States try to minimize d number of enemy...then @ d same time try to increase the number of friends they have)

Last but not the least... If you didn't succeed in your invasion or attack...you will face justice for war crime or crime against humanity! There's a reason why Hitler and some other officers under him committed suicide.
Nonsense, just like how Israel has been obeying international laws before carrying out airstrikes in syria right?

If you think any form of international law will be obeyed if WW3 breaks out, then I think you're deceiving yourself.

The international law that that the likes of China, USA and Israel failed to follow now will never be upheld during WW3.

May God help us, make dem no nuke naija sha grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2019
kemicalreaction:
Nonsense, just like how Israel has been obeying international laws before carrying out airstrikes in syria right?

If you think any form of international law will be obeyed if WW3 breaks out, then I think you're deceiving yourself.

The international law that that the likes of China, USA and Israel failed to follow now will never be upheld during WW3.

So Israel just wake up one day and started launching air strike in Syria abi?
Hypocrisy go kee u!
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

So Israel just wake up one day and started launching air strike in Syria abi?
Hypocrisy go kee u!
So why do you think Israel is attacking Syria? Do you thinking they're obeying international laws by attacking syria?
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2019
kemicalreaction:

Tell us how China,, USA and Israel are going against the provision or established protocols/convention?
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Tell us how China,, USA and Israel are going against the provision or established protocols/convention?

China, violation of disputed water bodies by China. China even vetoed the restraining order obtained by Vietnam from the UN

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Cover-Story/How-Beijing-is-winning-control-of-the-South-China-Sea

I don't need to tell you about the violations by the US, they're too numerous to start listing them.

The invasion of Iraq is an example.

That of Israel has been posted up there grin

Make Nigeria just remain neutral sha grin
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:09pm On Mar 16, 2019
kemicalreaction:

China, violation of disputed water bodies by China. China even vetoed the restraining order obtained by Vietnam from the UN

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Cover-Story/How-Beijing-is-winning-control-of-the-South-China-Sea

I don't need to tell you about the violations by the US, they're too numerous to start listing them.

The invasion of Iraq is an example.

That of Israel has been posted up there grin

Make Nigeria just remain neutral sha grin

The Rome Statute (which we call "International Criminal Court"wink which was adopted in 1998 and came into force/service in 2002 established and laid down the provisions of international law,, humanitarian laws... War crimes,, crime against peace,, crime against humanity amongst others..

It's important to note that the ICC can be traced to the beginning of the second decade of the twentieth century.

The three state you mentioned (China,, USA and Israel) are not members of the International Criminal Court which in other words mean they neither signed nor ratified their signature in the treaty that established the Charter. So you have no legal jurisdiction to tell them to refrain from any action that may undermine the objectives of international law.

However,, sometimes US do observe some of the provisions of ICC on their own volition inspired by their national interest. But you cannot prosecute them because they are not signatories to the treaty which produced ICC.

Remember I did mention in my previous post which you tagged as nonsense that "MOST" Western countries somehow follow established protocols/conventions/ international laws. Not "ALL" of them.

IF you ask me why they didn't append their signature to the Charter I will tell you it's because it encroaches on the principle of national sovereignty.

Cheers!!
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 16, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

The Rome Statute (which we call "International Criminal Court"wink which was adopted in 1998 and came into force/service in 2002 established and laid down the provisions of international law,, humanitarian laws... War crimes,, crime against peace,, crime against humanity amongst others..

It's important to note that the ICC can be traced to the beginning of the second decade of the twentieth century.

The three state you mentioned (China,, USA and Israel) are not members of the International Criminal Court which in other words mean they neither signed nor ratified their signature in the treaty that established the Charter. So you have no legal jurisdiction to tell them to refrain from any action that may undermine the objectives of international law.

However,, sometimes US do observe some of the provisions of ICC on their own volition inspired by their national interest. But you cannot prosecute them because they are not signatories to the treaty which produced ICC.

Remember I did mention in my previous post which you tagged as nonsense that "MOST" Western countries somehow follow established protocols/conventions/ international laws. Not "ALL" of them.

IF you ask me why they didn't append their signature to the Charter I will tell you it's because it encroaches on the principle of national sovereignty.

Cheers!!
smiley, thanks. I will
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Cheers!!
kiss, I will have to confirm it first

Thanks though, I appreciate it.
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
kemicalreaction:
smiley, thanks. I will kiss, I will have to confirm it first

Thanks though, I appreciate it.

Why u come dey thank me kwanu?
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 16, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Why u come dey thank me kwanu?
Not the usual insults in politics section grin

That's why I rarely post comments lipsrsealed

Besides, I learnt something new from you wink
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:11pm On Mar 16, 2019
kemicalreaction:
Not the usual insults in politics section grin

That's why I rarely post comments lipsrsealed

Besides, I learnt something new from you wink

But u no insult me na...

So wetin u talk say u learn? wink
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by harjorlarh(m): 8:16pm On Mar 16, 2019
Truth is Nigeria can't be neutral in my opinion,using Switzerland as a yard stick to compare Nigeria is just somehow,nigeria has oil,Nigeria can mobilze the largest army in Africa due to the population and I can boldly tell that if Nigeria is invaded every man will stand to defend the integrity and sovereignty on Nigeria even the igbos.
coming to Switzerland,they have no oil and they don't have a large population so possess no real value or threat so if they decide to stay neutral it won't really matter if they are neutral.
Re: How Would WW3 Engage, Affect And Influence Nigeria? by Sawzer(m): 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2019
harjorlarh:
Truth is Nigeria can't be neutral in my opinion,using Switzerland as a yard stick to compare Nigeria is just somehow,nigeria has oil,Nigeria can mobilze the largest army in Africa due to the population and I can boldly tell that if Nigeria is invaded every man will stand to defend the integrity and sovereignty on Nigeria even the igbos.
coming to Switzerland,they have no oil and they don't have a large population so possess no real value or threat so if they decide to stay neutral it won't really matter if they are neutral.
Switzerland produce the best wristwatch grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Putin Has Called The U.S. Airstrikes On Syria An 'illegal Act Of Aggression'. / 10 Poorest Countries In The World / Berlusconi Jailed For Four Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.