Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,784 members, 7,806,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

I Will Vote For APC In 2019 only If... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Vote For APC In 2019 only If... (612 Views)

‘bullion’ Vans Spotted At Tinubu’s House In 2019 Only Missed Their Way ( Pic ) / 2019: Only List Of Candidates Signed By Party Chairmen, Will Be Accepted - INEC / 2019: Only God Can Stop My Re-election, Says Emmanuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Vote For APC In 2019 only If... by otherway: 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
In June this year,President Muhammadu Buhari said all the groups clamouring for the restructuring of the country had their personal agenda.

He wondered if the constitution would allow such agenda.

Buhari spoke when he received a delegation of Urhobo Traditional Rulers, the leadership of the Urhobo Progressive Union and members of the All Progressives Congress from Delta State at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/proponents-of-restructuring-have-personal-agenda-buhari-says/amp/

In my view,some people oppose restructuring because they believe it may lead to the breakup of the country but this this is not the case.

It has been done in many other countries successfully. If Nigeria is restructured, states would be allowed to control their resources.

It does not mean that states have to be equally endowed. Each state would utilise the resources available to it to develop its area.

The governors would be required to use their initiatives to develop their states.Restructuring won’t break up the country; rather it would further cement national unity and cohesion.

It would bring a lot of healthier development. Every state will be able to sit down and look at the God-given resources they have, and tap them for the development of their state.

Restructuring will enable every state to look inward and see how they can develop their economic resources. It doesn’t mean that the states must develop at the same rate.

Every component unit will definitely develop using their natural resources. So there is no way it can lead to secession.

With the rapid development occurring all over as a result of restructuring,Nigeria ’s GDP will shoot up. Obtaining visas to travel out will become easy as more people will want to come in than go out.

A worldwide immigration into Nigeria will commence, as Nigerians living abroad will be struggling with foreigners to enter the country. ‘’ Nigeria will become the most desirable Nation to live in”

The central government at the FCT will become smaller and less powerful. There will be a mini-exodus from Abuja to the provinces as the action is now elsewhere. The outskirts of Abuja will no longer be heavily overpopulated. Abuja will become awesome again.

Iwonder why Buhari is so uptight and I'm afraid this may work against him in 2019.

Failed leadership over the years have led to the cry of a larger percentage of Nigerians for restructuring and I see no reason why a democratic government can not relate with the yearnings of those who voted them in.

Atiku with all his dark sides is at a vantage position cos he has promised to tow the path of restructuring the country.

It's not too late for APC to start the process and should this happen, Atiku can as well forget his ambition.

For Me, I will cast my vote for any party or leader who is ready to restructure this country cos that will be a good way forward.

My humble take.

Re: I Will Vote For APC In 2019 only If... by Shelumiel: 6:28pm On Oct 14, 2018
The north refuses restructuring because they are a lazy set of people who want to wait at the end of the month for government to send allocations.
Re: I Will Vote For APC In 2019 only If... by emmie14: 6:30pm On Oct 14, 2018
You guys will push aimless APC into panic. APC government cannot push such agenda because the senate and house of representative leaderships belong to opposition PDP. Any program henceforth that may give APC credit will be undermined.
Re: I Will Vote For APC In 2019 only If... by otherway: 6:33pm On Oct 14, 2018
emmie14:
You guys will push aimless APC into panic. APC government cannot push such agenda because the senate and house of representative leaderships belong to opposition PDP. Any program henceforth that may give APC credit will be undermined.

If they kick start the process it will be a great move cos asides the promises of restructuring by Atiku, I see no reason why I should vote for him or PDP as a party.
Re: I Will Vote For APC In 2019 only If... by emmie14: 6:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
otherway:

If they kick start the process it will be a great move cos asides the promises of restructuring by Atiku, I see no reason why I should vote for him or PDP as a party.
That's your choice...is allowed
Re: I Will Vote For APC In 2019 only If... by otherway: 6:41pm On Oct 14, 2018
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: I Will Vote For APC In 2019 only If... by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 14, 2018
If Buhari can throw away the 2014 National Conference report without recourse to a single line on the report; if the same Buhari can leave the PIB in the dustbin for months without appending his signature; if Buhari can put aside the Electoral reform bill; if Buhari can kill the Peace Corp bill; if Bubari has consciously been appointing his kinsmen only to head national security agencies ... Buhari CANNOT champion restructuring of the nation. He should go! Even if he says he would, I will not trust him. Why? It is an after-thought. His party is known to say one thing to be elected and then turn around to say they did not promise.

By the way, this decree is by the watchers to the intent that the living might know that the MOST HIGH rules in the kingdom of men and HE gives it to whosoever HE desires... Buhari's case has been settled spiritually for allowing killing of defenceless Christians and allowing a Christian girl to be held for 200+ days while he cuddles his everyday.
Re: I Will Vote For APC In 2019 only If... by Kwamecron(m): 6:53pm On Oct 14, 2018
good analytical
Re: I Will Vote For APC In 2019 only If... by otherway: 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
Amitez:
If Buhari can throw away the 2014 National Conference report without recourse to a single line on the report; if the same Buhari can leave the PIB in the dustbin for months without appending his signature; if Buhari can put aside the Electoral reform bill; if Buhari can kill the Peace Corp bill; if Bubari has consciously been appointing his kinsmen only to head national security agencies ... Buhari CANNOT champion restructuring of the nation. He should go! Even if he says he would, I will not trust him. Why? It is an after-thought. His party is known to say one thing to be elected and then turn around to say they did not promise.

By the way, this decree is by the watchers to the intent that the living might know that the MOST HIGH rules in the kingdom of men and HE gives it to whosoever HE desires... Buhari's case has been settled spiritually for allowing killing of defenceless Christians and allowing a Christian girl to be held for 200+ days while he cuddles his everyday.

Nah wa o, this one nah another issue Lol!

(1) (Reply)

Breaking : Senator Magnus Abe Has Regretted His Action,he's Irrelevant In APC / What Amosun Wants Is Not In Our Constitution -APC / 24 Reasons Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu” (no. 2 Is Obv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.