Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,934 members, 7,799,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV (1271 Views)

3-step Guide To Writing A Job--winning Cv/resume / Having A Winning Cv/resume / Create Job-winning CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:57pm On Oct 14, 2018
Hello,

My name is Patrick Okunima. I am a professional CV writer and CEO of Patrick Okunima CV Writing Services.

I started writing CVs professionally in 2008, and as at the time of creating this thread, I have helped more than 3,000 of my clients secure interviews with their dream companies, including Banks, Telecommunications Companies, NGOs, Consulting Firms, and Oil & Gas Companies, by equipping them with interview-winning CVs and cover letters.

On this thread, I will be sharing with you latest CV writing tips and advice to help you land interviews with your dream companies.

Click on the Follow Link, and stay tuned!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by PatrickOkunima(m): 11:11pm On Oct 14, 2018
Use Professional Fonts On Your CV

The only mental idea every prospective employer creates about you is what your CV says about you. This means that you are being judged by what potential employers see on paper. If you want them to see you as a hire-able professional, then your CV should look professional.

Here are some few ways to go about that;

- Stick to Arial, Calibri or the Times New Roman Font.

- Don’t highlight any part of your resume with colours and fancy fonts.

- Use only font sizes of 11 or a maximum of 12.
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by Ben47: 9:27am On Oct 15, 2018
Can you help me rewrite my cv for free
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:30am On Oct 15, 2018
Sorry, I can't at the moment.
Ben47:
Can you help me rewrite my cv for free
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by Ben47: 10:49am On Oct 15, 2018
PatrickOkunima:
Sorry, I can't at the moment.

When will u be able to
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:54am On Oct 15, 2018
I don't write free CVs, but I do give out templates occasionally.
Ben47:

When will u be able to
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by Ben47: 3:06pm On Oct 15, 2018
PatrickOkunima:
I don't write free CVs, but I do give out templates occasionally.

Ok, help me with recent and most selling template sir.

How much is ur fee to write a cv
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:50pm On Oct 15, 2018
Include A Qualifications Summary Section On Your CV Which Should Answer The “What Do I Have To Offer?” Question

Always have this at the back of your mind. Using a copy and pasted qualifications summary that was drafted from a sample on a CV writing website is a CV killer. Hiring managers have seen such a couple of time, and they know exactly where you got it from. To create a wonderful summary, you should know the company needs and how you can be able to solve them – when you write it down. The moment you can attract the hiring officer’s attention, you are just a step closer to getting the job.
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2018
Ben47:

How much is ur fee to write a cv?

See pricing HERE
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by PatrickOkunima(m): 11:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
Bon nuit, will continue with the thread tomorrow morning.
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by Blooddiamond: 12:16am On Oct 16, 2018
Ben47:

How much is ur fee to write a cv
Use the free CV template to rewrite ur CV urself, that's what I did. U will notice a huge difference,in terms of interview invites.
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by Ben47: 10:17am On Oct 16, 2018
Blooddiamond:
Use the free CV template to rewrite ur CV urself, that's what I did. U will notice a huge difference,in terms of interview invites.

Help me with the template pls sir
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:03pm On Oct 16, 2018
Use a template to write your CV. By using a CV template you are not restricting the way in which you can express yourself. A template makes your CV easier to read, and guides you not to leave-out important details of your achievements, qualifications and experience.
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by PatrickOkunima(m): 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
Attached to this post is a sample CV I downloaded online. You can customize it to suit your needs.

Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by Blooddiamond: 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2018
Ben47:

Help me with the template pls sir
Send me ur mail.
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by Ben47: 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2018
Blooddiamond:
Send me ur mail.

Thanks in Anticipation.
Akar@ gmail.com
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by Blooddiamond: 10:42pm On Oct 21, 2018
Ben47:

Thanks in Anticipation.
Akara2girl @ gmail.com
Hey, I have sent u the CV template,use it to redraft your's. Is in MSW. Pls open a new email acct,the one above sounds unprofessional. Cheers n good luck!
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by PatrickOkunima(m): 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2018
Give Attention To Your Educational Qualifications

Since it has been proven that the average maximum time to hold the attention of any hiring officer is 7 seconds, you should make the most out of it.

No one would want to swim in an ocean of information, just to see your educational qualification. It is one of the most important things in your CV. What you studied, any educational qualification that gives you an edge, and achievements you recorded should be paid attention to.

For those without work experience, you should focus more on optimizing this section, this section should be placed either at the top or centre of your CV – since it is where catches the recruiters’ attention the most.
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2018
PatrickOkunima:
Give Attention To Your Educational Qualifications

Since it has been proven that the average maximum time to hold the attention of any hiring officer is 7 seconds, you should make the most out of it.

No one would want to swim in an ocean of information, just to see your educational qualification. It is one of the most important things in your CV. What you studied, any educational qualification that gives you an edge, and achievements you recorded should be paid attention to.

For those without work experience, you should focus more on optimizing this section, this section should be placed either at the top or centre of your CV – since it is where catches the recruiters’ attention the most.
Please send me a good CV template. Thanks! osamudiamenimadiyi@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by Salas4oru(m): 9:06pm On Oct 22, 2018
Blooddiamond:
Hey, I have sent u the CV template,use it to redraft your's. Is in MSW. Pls open a new email acct,the one above sounds unprofessional. Cheers n good luck!
Please can I get one too? Salas4oru@yahoo.com. Many thanks
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:51am On Oct 23, 2018
List Out Valuable Work Experiences

Aside from your educational qualification, work experience can also be said to be the most important aspect of your CV. You should include any previous job you’ve handled in the past, your accomplishments on the job, and how it affected your previous firm positively.

Hint: This should be written in number and percentage form.

E.g. Set-up 2 control panels that helped reduce production downtime by 90%.

You are free to use bold fonts to highlight your achievements, but it should be done with caution.
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by Ben47: 9:08am On Oct 23, 2018
Blooddiamond:

Thanks alot sir, may God bless you and may your fruit know no bound, IJN.

Am a Serving Corp member due to complete my service March next year, Major in Banking and Finance, pls do notify me for any sure openings.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by Olami099(m): 9:38am On Oct 23, 2018
Please sir, I need CV template sample. My email is olamidebak099@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by Blooddiamond: 9:39am On Oct 23, 2018
Ben47:

Thanks alot sir, may God bless you and may your fruit know no bound, IJN.

Am a Serving Corp member due to complete my service March next year, Major in Banking and Finance, pls do notify me for any sure openings.
U are welcome.
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by Blooddiamond: 10:10am On Oct 23, 2018
Salas4oru:

Please can I get one too? Salas4oru@yahoo.com. Many thanks
Sent
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by Salas4oru(m): 10:50am On Oct 23, 2018
Blooddiamond:
Sent
Thanks, God bless
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by PatrickOkunima(m): 4:49pm On Oct 23, 2018
Highlight Your Skills

There should be a specific section designed to list out the skills you have in your possession. The fact is that recruiters don’t always need the regular skills being listed out by almost every job-seeker.

Skills like;

- Attention to detail

- Analytic Reasoning, etc. should be minimally used.

Just be sure to include skills that make you stand out, and also relevant to the job you are applying for.
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by AdagzyWale: 4:56pm On Oct 23, 2018
Please can I also get a CV template? Thanks. adagzy@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:31am On Oct 24, 2018
Include Testimonials

I know a whole lot of job seekers won’t swallow this without a fight. The truth is who will believe all the numbers and percentages that you have outlined, without any form of proof? The best way to solidify your claim is to provide evidence from either a former boss or someone you have worked with before. If you can’t provide a testimonial, your CV might still look good all the same.
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:16pm On Oct 24, 2018
Create A Proper Sequence On Your CV

Since you have finally listed out the qualities that portray you as the best candidate, it is now important to make sure that your details follow a standard sequence.

After the Skill set summary (Objectives), you should follow it up with your educational qualifications, your work experience, core competencies, Seminars attended and Research works done.
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:43am On Oct 25, 2018
Recheck For Grammatical Errors

Nothing kills a CV more than grammatical errors. How can you have good eyes for details, and you can’t detect simple grammatical errors? Be careful not to forget that your CV is an extension of you. Any rushed work without proofreading will not tell a good story about you. Endeavor to read out your write-up aloud and correct necessary errors.
Re: Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV by PatrickOkunima(m): 1:56pm On Oct 25, 2018
Maintain A Great Online Profile

Most employers do a background check on employees before hiring – especially for top level jobs. It is necessary you maintain an online profile that is in line with your career objectives. Nothing incriminating should be found on your online profiles.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Teachers Urgently Needed In Ogun And Lagos State Including Accommodation / Graduate Internship Program 2020 At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) / NDLEA Successful Applicants - How To Check

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.